crazyandlazy

Should I invest my time in 1st Person Servers?

1st person, either in the mod or the SA, makes me feel sick after like 10 minutes of playing.

• Like 1

Before the inevitable: This thread will turn into a flame thread. Trust me. It's nothing against you, but people are at each other's throats over this issue and will use any excuse to bitch about it with each other.

There's going to be servers dedicated to first person, and servers with no restrictions. The latter are likely to be more popular, but the more hardcore players are likely to flock to the former. The merits and pitfalls of each and both could be waxed lyrical over for years and you'd never hear the end of it. Try playing with each, and if you find you prefer the immersion offered by solely playing in first person view, seek out a server without third person view.

Tekako, go to the settings and turn off headbob, might help you

in game feature = exploiting, you 1st person people are laughable

You can look through damn walls and ceilings in 3rd person.

Honestly, all I want to know is when there will be a one click solution to filter out FPV servers. 

If 3rd person was removed from running around and such they would have to remove it from driving. you know for the realism that this game holds to so greatly, do you have super zoom in eyes in real life!? I wish I did.

Not everything is realistic, obviously.. But being able to see around corners/over walls is NOT something a game based on realism should support.

Please realize this IS a FANTASY (zombies are not realistic) game, and there should obviously be a balance struck between realism and playability... We don't need everything to be 100% realistic, but again, wallhacking should not be an accepted aspect of the game. It encourages people to just camp on a roof laying prone, or stand behind a wall at the end of a road and wait for unwitting players to run by.

Also, I am sure it would be possible for them to allow you to go 3rd person when inside vehicles, but not outside..

Ah, I do not want to start a flame, I really would prefer to just play on 1st person only, just to make it 'fair', but If all I am going to get to play with is 15-20 players, it is pointless as the map is too big, you would have to just constantly go to an airfield to make contact with people.

I favorited a few first person servers and to my delight, they seem to have little trouble staying full or mostly full. With that said, 40 player servers aren't exactly massive. If it's expanded to 100+ servers, it may suck for us first person players who enjoy playing with a lot of people as most people always flock to the unrestricted servers.

I prefer 1st person for both the immersion and especially because people can't simply ghost cam their way to getting all the visual information they need in a situation without exposing themselves the way they can in 3PP servers

I do wonder if they'll patch the game so that in TPV you can still only see what's actually in your line of sight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4iMO9BpGkQ

It'd be really trippy and distracting to see people flashing in and out of visibility as they run through the trees next to you and would actually be a huge disadvantage for the TPV players if implemented like this, I wonder how many of them would use this view still.

EDIT: Added Project Zomboid footage to show how TPV *could* be implemented, pretty sure most players would instantly switch to FPV if they did this because it'd be sooo confusing with occlusion caused by terrain and physical features on the map - maybe even members of your own squad would block LOS too xD

Edited by phlOgistOn

Edit this is in the wrong post is seems

Edited by BL1P

3rd person is always gonna be more poppular especially in dayz mod and standalone because third person doesnt give much advantage. You still have to aim first person etc. Still mature people like me will use third person servers dont worry

• Like 1

As I said in my first reply, I prefer the immersion of playing FPV. have done since the days of playing Thief in the early 90s. As I also said in a later post, I still play CS and Quake when I want PvP - because it beats trekking around for hours just to find a target...

BUT there is PvP in the game and - similarly to Eve Online - even when playing a carebear style you HAVE to be aware of the PvP elements because you can still be attacked at anytime and anywhere. So I personally don't aggress in this survival game but I had to watch out that there could be hidden attackers around pretty much every corner watching my move... fortunately that's now over for me with the new FPV servers, if I can't see that guy camping on the roof, he can't see me.

Snipers in Dayz SA are so far very easy to spot. The guy that's on the roof is way more exposed than you running from house to house

First person to me is partly unrealistic because it doesnt allow peripheral vision. I rather be third person to have a wider angle of view but yeah even that is also partly unrealistic.

• Like 1

I don't understand why people are saying no one plays on first person servers?

I've been playing the mod since forever and i've only played on hardcore servers with third person disabled. These servers were usually fairly populated.

Don't see why you would want to play this game in third person in the first place. How can you enjoy the game playing in third person? The only argument you could make is that you don't want to be at a disadvantage compared to other players, but thats not an argument to keep third person enabled.

edit:

Accidently wrote enabled instead of disabled, fixed now.

Edited by naraga
  • Like 2

Honestly it all boils down to personal preference. Me personally I do not like dying to someone who can watch me from behind a wall so I prefer to play on 1p servers. As mentioned above one of the guys here doesn't like the player movement/body mechanics so he prefers to play on 3p servers. However to answer your question 3p servers have historically been proven to be more active so if that is all you care about then play on a 3p server.

Dafuq is wrong with you guys? We have both types of servers now, why aren't you all happy enjoying your preferred play style? And why is everyone who doesn't prefer your play style a 'scrub', 'shithead', or 'the type of player you wouldn't want to play with anyway'?

I play almost exclusively 3rd person, but was excited to hear they were offering first person servers because I knew a lot of our community was clamoring for it and they'd be excited about it. And now that everyone's gotten what they want, you're all still at each other's throats. 

• Like 2

We need a satellite view with 1000000x zoom

$(KGrHqN,!okFGpcHnHTHBR1,HGICQ!~~60_3.JP

Edited by nxnos
  • Like 3

3rd person is always gonna be more poppular especially in dayz mod and standalone because third person doesnt give much advantage.

I believe it's popular BECAUSE of the advantage it gives.

That which I miss most from playing on 3rd person servers is watching my nicely rendered player model move.  Ah well.  

You deserve the most beans ever. That's it.

Just remove PVP completely if they intend to keep this cheat/exploit.

Come on dude, dont be so thick. They've said they will allow CHOICE and that 1st person will have different hive then 3rd person servers. So why the hate?

Also for love of the baby Jesus, don't pretend DayZ is ment to be new Counter Strike or Quake Arena.

There is PvP, but it is not ment to be played on "e-sport" level anyways, so stop pretending otherwise.

No. When i want fps i play CS or L4D, i love 3rd person in DayZ even if i always change to 1st person for the firefights. Having the option is different and awesome. Mutliplayer games are not immersive whatever the view, unless ur high on acid, and finally dont camp so u want be seen behind corners.

Edited by whothehellishe

First person to me is partly unrealistic because it doesnt allow peripheral vision. I rather be third person to have a wider angle of view but yeah even that is also partly unrealistic.

Thats why I mentioned it requires both options for proper fields of view.  One offers what the other cant.  Just fix the camera from scrolling when your against a wall and no one can wallhack...

I don't understand why people are saying no one plays on first person servers?

I've been playing the mod since forever and i've only played on hardcore servers with third person disabled. These servers were usually fairly populated.

Don't see why you would want to play this game in third person in the first place. How can you enjoy the game playing in third person? The only argument you could make is that you don't want to be at a disadvantage compared to other players, but thats not an argument to keep third person enabled.

edit:

Accidently wrote enabled instead of disabled, fixed now.

youve clearly never played an mmo...

Edited by JPWiser

youve clearly never played an mmo...

Interested in how you came to that false conclusion.