Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113925

lol. They either fix something for sure or better not release it at all. The word "should" shows uncertainty and that they dont really know what they are doing. Better wait a for a month to get a more complete patch with fixes that actually do work than just make moves to impress the masses by releasing a 31/12 patch. Don't reply to me with "its alpha". I'm the one who says this first :P. I just don't like being played thats all :D

Well get the fuck in there and show em what they're doing wrong hotshot! Oh that's right, you have no idea how it all works but you want to just sit on the sidelines and snipe because little timmy aint getting what little timmy wants NOW!

P.S. Alpha, deal with it

I thought the 20-30 second delay for logging out to fix the combat logging was going to be in this patch. Any news about that front? It's really disgusting how these noobs disconnect the second they're not the first guy pulling the trigger.

Huge thanks for the bodies disappearing! That was a pain.

• Like 1

New: 

Design: Balancing of player spawns (ongoing) 

Server: Enhanced Server-side security & customization options

Design: .357 Magnum Speedloader should now spawn

Server: First Person only servers are now supported (Seperate Hive coming later on)

Fixed: 

Design: Player corpses should no longer despawn upon disconnect

Server: Respawning should now function properly - in some cases you may have to wait a few seconds. (during high death/respawn times) 

Design: 357 Magnum spawning fixed

what kind of customization options are available on server side?

New: 

Design: Balancing of player spawns (ongoing) 

Server: Enhanced Server-side security & customization options

Server: First Person only servers are now supported (Seperate Hive coming later on)

Fixed: 

Server: Respawning should now function properly - in some cases you may have to wait a few seconds. (during high death/respawn times) 

Design: 357 Magnum spawning fixed

what type of customization options are available sErver side

Well get the fuck in there and show em what they're doing wrong hotshot! Oh that's right, you have no idea how it all works but you want to just sit on the sidelines and snipe because little timmy aint getting what little timmy wants NOW!

P.S. Alpha, deal with it

Its not my job to know! Get a life funboy! I'm not the one selling the game!

[...]

[...]

Haven't seen a speedloader yet. I don't think the spawn of it works yet.

I think the map is glitched. I find a map, open it and all i get is black (as in you don't have a map type of black).

This reminds me of the sales guys at work that come over to me and say "Hey buddy, can you do XXX and XXX. That'd be greaaat, thanks."

Douche level over 9000.

That was office space, fuck you for not knowing that.

I think the map is glitched. I find a map, open it and all i get is black (as in you don't have a map type of black).

Drag it onto your hotbar and press the relevant key to show this piece of the map. Press the number again to close it.

Excellent. My friend and I got our first magnums today. They are extremely loud!  However we did notice that we couldn't hear each other firing. Not sure if this is a real bug as yet as we didn't test it on another server.

Thanks for the update, and thanks for the hard work.

Great that the player bodies won't dematerialize anymore.  And timely, as I just got into a gunfight with some guy in Krasnostav.  Really felt satisfying going through all his junk.

Drag it onto your hotbar and press the relevant key to show this piece of the map. Press the number again to close it.

Oh, OK, I thought you just had to hit "M" like in the mod.

To all the folks talking about 1st and 3rd person + a bit about the "server lock".

- 1st person vs 3rd person. As far as the development has gone in this game, there is no reason DayZ should enforce 1st person over third person, since all of the work they've done on the player animations will now be useless, because all you can see now are hands and torso/feet if you look way down.. Which serves not much purpose anyway. More to it - if you play 1st person all the time, all of those funky "suddenly stop/drop down/unable to move" things will be more annoying as you won't be able to tell if your char is stuck on something or just changing weapons constantly. I, myself, like to play in first person when I am in a firefight, it allows me to get more immersed, and I feel much easier when doing so, as I'm used to Counter Strike etc. HOWEVER, when I am in the woods running from 1 town to another, I like to see my character move, i like to see how he crawls and/or sneaks. I like to see the way they hold the rifle and other stuff that you just wouldn't get during first person view. Not all the people use 3rd person as an advantage only. The game just feels too clunky and unfinished when playing in first person all the time due to all of those delays during animations.

- "Server locking your character". I always hated this idea entirely. At first glance, it might forever fix the issue with server hoppers, but then you will always be forced to play on only 1 server... All the time... Until you die. Why does it suck? First - players limit. With a limit in 40 players I can easily see how fast it can fill up. And I don't want to spend ages in the servers list waiting until the server I play on has a free place to join. It will suck even more if server just stops functioning and you couldn't recconect back to it. When I played the mod, "Private hives" always annoyed the hell out of me, because a lot of times I just couldn't find the server I play on because it wasn't online 24/7.

"Private hives" always annoyed the hell out of me, because a lot of times I just couldn't find the server I play on because it wasn't online 24/7.

Are you serious? Do you not know how to "favourite" a server...All the private hives I played on were always online unelss there were being updated. 

Are you serious? Do you not know how to "favourite" a server...All the private hives I played on were always online unelss there were being updated. 

Have to agree on this. Private servers I managed and played on ran better and had very little downtime.

Very nice little patch add.

Around the holiday time as well, surely you fellas should be kicking back for a while.

Cheers.

One of my servers now kicks everyone for "Authentication Timeout".

Any ideas why this is now happening after the update?

I think thats a steam issue. I got that message once and steam was being really slow, 5 minutes later it worked just fine, haven't seen it since.

since this update my character got 'wiped' 2 times, a friend of mine have the same problem.

when we change the server (night comes up, no loot after server change, ...), lets say 2-3 times, we got this problem

anyone else?

yep i have had my char wipe 3-4 times in about an hour of playing yesterday. Was trying to find a daylight server, when i finally did, bam, back at the coast. The KOS mentality in the SA seems even worse than the mod XD

Have you been enjoying your christmas? What about new years eve?

Not really a time to push out updates, be happy about it actually happening right now.

I really don't see how fixing it will take a long time though.

good job guyz

but i hope that this fix:

will work as soon as possible....  cause till now i dont see it working well.. just sometimes.