Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113925

It's not really progression it's like (if we're using your levelling system) you're level 1 until you get to the west side of the map. Then you can get to level 60 immediately. There is no balance in the geographic distribution of good/bad loot.

This is a good explanation of the problem right there.  You don't progress at all between spawn and military loot, there's no progression after grabbing a backpack, axe, food, water other than running halfway across the map to a military spawn.  At which point you max out or die once you arrive to the people who ran there before you and server hopped for gear.

Did this update wipe any characters? I lost a fully kitted avatar in Skalitzky. Logged out with M4A1 and 7 magazines (assorted STANAG, CMAG, 10 and 30 round magazines), logged back in on the beach near Cherno. ??? 

Where is the download for the patch?

Steam will automatically update...?

I must be one of the only people playing that didn't bolt straight for Balota after spawning.

Ironically, I've lived pretty long now, and somehow still managed to get gear...

Good update - I can't wait to get home from work so I can check it out.

Dev's, I plead with you. This evening get drunk and make fun of us. Please.

• Like 1

Even more incentive to be a dick and randomly shoot people.

The KoS noobies are gonna be happy with this one.

Thanks Bohemia... <_<

1st person servers? GG!!!

c14a1019ac4eb247b8103de15a4567be_zps3410

Only one more thing to make this perfect for 1st person servers, make it character locked per server.

* I can only dream for such an epic option.

Does anyone know if the M4 dispersion was fixed? So far the M4 has been unable to engage reliably beyond 150 meters-ish due to what seems like the gun inherently being incredibly innacurate, even when fired from prone with a bipod while well rested.

Does anyone know if the M4 dispersion was fixed? 

Yes, It should now be happy again.

Edited by m33ts4k0z
  • Like 1

Please fix the M9A1 Bayonet on M4 to be put to use , and silencer thanks 

This reminds me of the sales guys at work that come over to me and say "Hey buddy, can you do XXX and XXX. That'd be greaaat, thanks."

Douche level over 9000.

Does anyone know if the M4 dispersion was fixed? So far the M4 has been unable to engage reliably beyond 150 meters-ish due to what seems like the gun inherently being incredibly innacurate, even when fired from prone with a bipod while well rested.

I disagree with you, i can hit targets from that distance easy. Its you not the gun.

This reminds me of the sales guys at work that come over to me and say "Hey buddy, can you do XXX and XXX. That'd be greaaat, thanks."

Douche level over 9000.

That is one of the saddest posts i have ever read.

Living proof the internet is dying.

Yes, It should now be happy again.

Hooray, I'll have to test this.

I disagree with you, i can hit targets from that distance easy. Its you not the gun.

Well all I can say is everyone I've talked to or played with reports exactly the same thing as I just did. But if it's fixed now, it's a moot point so who cares :P.

i ran in to a tent hopper yesterday and i shot him in the head point blank with my mosin while he was loading.. 'Waiting for server' -> 'You are dead.'

How did you know he was a hopper..?

I've spawned in places like that before without being a hopper. See, sometimes, I have to do things. Having to do things means that I can't leave somewhere that could be dangerous until I get back on the game.

I was killed instantly on loading in one of the military tent areas yesterday. I wasn't server hopping. I got on the game after a five or six hour break.

Sorry, I know it's not really relevant to the thread - but neither was the original guy's post.

On topic, does any one know how good the magnum is?

I've collected one but don't want to throw away my old hand gun yet... I feel like it should be more powerful, but with no option to silence it/replace iron sights? (I think there's a silencer for the old pistol)

Edited by Isaaq

Awful weak update if ya ask me best thing is corpses stay  but what about combat loggers

• Like 3

Design: .357 Magnum Speedloader should now spawn

Design: 357 Magnum spawning fixed

LETS DO THIS SH*T!

I am genuinely excited to see this.

• Like 1

Thanks!! So nice to see yet another patch before end of 2013.

Btw feel free to pamper us with more goodies :-D.

p.s. Now if combat logging was also fixed soon...:D.

• Like 1

Double post cause i didn't think my first post happened.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 1