Pablo290492

Why everyone is soo unfriendly?

Why everyone here is so unfriendly, every player shooting at me. Every time i gather some eq someone killing me...

Where i can join to some community or Clan or something to play in team.. ?

• Like 2

They're just scared.

Try avoiding going too close to other survivers, because you can never know, if he will shoot - and so he can't know it about you, too. 

• Like 4

Yea especially when i already respawn and dont have anything, every time i trying to be kind... then that's bandits shooting in my face or back...

I see i that game i should first shoot then ask...

Guys who dont shoot to me are already respawned too...

Hey man, check out our server. Trying to build up a pretty friendly community. 

thenightwatchmen.clanservers.com

Why everyone here is so unfriendly, every player shooting at me. Every time i gather some eq someone killing me...

Cos you have a big target on your back when you run to everyone trying to hug them lol

A lot of people aren't even friendly in these forums, why expect them to be anything but pricks in-game?

The mods set the tone here.

• Like 3

Until they implement private servers where you can whitelist nice people and keep the jerks off your server your going to be kos most of the time. As for someone claiming the mods setting the forums tone, all my encounters with mods on these forums have been very pleasent...perhaps those that have had issue could it be because you had a attitude to start?

Edited by Femme Fatale
  • Like 4

Dude i've met a ton of people and so far only 2 shot me and one tried (in vain) to fist fight me...

I dont see why people are going crazy about some bad encounters.

BTW when someone points their gun at you , just yell in Direct chat : I'M CANADIAN AND I HAVE NO WEAPON !

I got some damn great experiences yelling that.

• Like 3

I am not unfriendly, unless you got a gun in north, balota/cherno or you are rushing me with an axe. I dont shoot newly spawned and hoped other people wouldn't do that either...

• Like 1

You can join our clan, the 81st rangers. Just add [81st] Dealen on steam and tell Abii sent me and he will help you out from there. We are a group of survivors that will try and be hero's. Everyone is welcome!

They're just scared.

Try avoiding going too close to other survivors, because you can never know, if he will shoot - and so he can't know it about you, too. 

This is why I love the game so much. Its the uncertainty. 

• Like 1

What Aussie Bogan said, best bet is forum recruitment. That is if you're looking for a clan as you seem to be having issues. I watched my friend religiously play the Mod for about a year solid, so i'm aware how to play it safe even though I've had 10 hours total game-time in DayZ (including mod) I suppose that was a positive to sitting there watching him go through towns and how he scoped out areas before rushing through. Most friendly advice I can offer, avoid the roads, always be close enough to cover if someone takes shots and NEVER EVER waltz into a town without checking the hills and windows of tall buildings.

edit**  :   And Lol, Aussie, everytime I read a post of yours I have to watch that entire gif, only to laugh everytime it ends.

Edited by AJ4211
  • Like 2

self professed Bandit here.

In the games current state, outside of hunger/thirst there really isn't much danger. Zombies are few and can be dealt with. Other players keep it interesting. The threat of being gunned down or tortured when attempting to find loot adds another dynamic to the game. Just today I ambushed a guy coming into the airfield, and since he had no weapons and had obviously just started, i let him go. If your a new player or not a threat, i won't shoot. Its a waste of ammo. If you have something i need, i will take it from you and most likely let you live. Sometimes i handcuff you and feed you rotten fruit, or break your legs. All depends if you can make me laugh or not. 

• Like 2

self professed Bandit here.

In the games current state, outside of hunger/thirst there really isn't much danger. Zombies are few and can be dealt with. Other players keep it interesting. The threat of being gunned down or tortured when attempting to find loot adds another dynamic to the game. Just today I ambushed a guy coming into the airfield, and since he had no weapons and had obviously just started, i let him go. If your a new player or not a threat, i won't shoot. Its a waste of ammo. If you have something i need, i will take it from you and most likely let you live. Sometimes i handcuff you and feed you rotten fruit, or break your legs. All depends if you can make me laugh or not. 

My usual playing style is the silent stalker type.  I prefer to play alone and leave people alone.  My rush comes from doing things as closely to other players as possible without getting caught.  Almost every time I play, I make it a point to enter one of the bigger buildings while another player is in there looting and not get caught.  Having said that, without the fear of the KoS'ers, we'd all just be holding hands, skipping down Main street in Cherno, collecting up all the loot and sharing our beans.  Like KoS'ers or not, they do make the game more intense and fun, especially since it only takes about 30 minutes of game play before you lose all respect for the zombies.

• Like 1

Yea especially when i already respawn and dont have anything, every time i trying to be kind... then that's bandits shooting in my face or back...

I see i that game i should first shoot then ask...

Guys who dont shoot to me are already respawned too...

I saw a new spawn shining his torch on the wall the other night. I came up behind him and said, hey man, turn around, he did and that's when I shot him in the face and chest. I probably wouldn't have done it if there wasn't for the 10 times I was shot and killed before by players better armed than me. It's a vicious circle of death, or just an online game, quit your crying lol.

• Like 1

I saw a new spawn shining his torch on the wall the other night. I came up behind him and said, hey man, turn around, he did and that's when I shot him in the face and chest. I probably wouldn't have done it if there wasn't for the 10 times I was shot and killed before by players better armed than me. It's a vicious circle of death, or just an online game, quit your crying lol.

The new spawns at night, blazing their "come murder me" signals are fun to mess with in direct comms.  Sneak up really close while still being hidden and start saying things like "I seeeeee youuuuu".  The last time I did it, the guy started screaming "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god" and then poof... logged out, can't really call it combat logged cuz there was no combat and I had no intention of hurting him, although I'm pretty sure he needed to change his underwear after that.

• Like 6

MANY  i meet are friendly , I suspect that alot of people who complain about unfriendlys dont hawe a microphone or just dont say any thing when they meet people...........

It's because the PvE aspect of the game is incredibly easy at the moment (the zombie threat, hunger/thirst, the elements). Once the devs crank the PvE difficulty a bit, it will definitely encourage teamwork.

Over the top yes, nor would it fit with DayZ standards, but the idea is - who would think of shooting survivors when conditions are like this?

Edited by tingkagol
  • Like 2

My general rule of thumb states that I shall not shoot a player unless I feel the need to.

ie, if a player shoots at me, I will retaliate. If I see somebody shoot a new spawn, I will kill them. So on, so forth.

Usually I rush the Caps Lock key as soon as I see anybody, stating that I am friendly, but if I'm armed; I'll make sure to tell you so.

I'll give orders such as "I have a gun. I need you to drop your weapon and walk away. Do not turn around".

If the player turns around then of course I will shoot him...

I tend to kill most people I see.

If they have a Mosin/M4 I will shoot straight away, no questions asked.

If they only have an axe I will make sure they see me and if they move away from me I will let them be.

If they have nothing at all I will let them live.

This game in it's current state is a Deathmatch game with running, the survival aspect is so easy to 'beat' and gearing up to military grade can take a few minutes with a lucky spawn.

I currently see no reason to cooperate with players outside of my friends as there is no benefit, nothing worth trading or selling.

Most players.. wait I mean all players I have meet have been freindly (Except 2 that tried to rob me) and I have had the game since day1.. but I was well experienced with the mod.. I always stay away from other players the most part(Especially if there is more than 1 player(s) that are together), unless its unavoidable I try to make peace straight away.

Edited by liquidcactus

Dude i've met a ton of people and so far only 2 shot me and one tried (in vain) to fist fight me...

I dont see why people are going crazy about some bad encounters.

BTW when someone points their gun at you , just yell in Direct chat : I'M CANADIAN AND I HAVE NO WEAPON !

I got some damn great experiences yelling that.

after 25 hours of game time, i'm yet to meet a single friendly player that didn't either shoot me on sight or kill me as soon as he had a weapon. it's very difficult staying friendly nowadays, everyone wants to deathmatch

• Like 1