Pablo290492

Why everyone is soo unfriendly?

I have my charter right now looking like a bandit, I am decked out, but guess what I am one of the nicest people you will run into, I always have my gun drawn tho and will react to the person, lucky for me I have not had to use my gun once and have since moved on and let people live, and even given off some stuff to people as well. just got to learn how to read people in this game is all.

That and stray away from road's and bigger cities, try to stay to smaller town's and the wood's they are you're true friends in this game :)...

And overall if you die do not get mad start over and live and learn :).

• Like 1

just got to learn how to read people in this game is all.

Please indulge me, how do you read people who are scope killing you from the other side of town for my flashlight?

I too would like to have a friendly encounter some day, but so far I haven't even seen the 7 faces that shot me for leaving the beach.

The gameplay of DayZ currently boils down to running for the hills and hoping you get to a gun quicker than the guy next to you.

So my impression is that something is wrong with the game that calls itself a zombie survival game.

I hope that with future development, a bullet becomes too valuable to waste on a fellow player..

• Like 1

1. See the people before they see you

2. Get cover and talk to them through VOIP

3. If they go towards you with aimed weapon shoot first, ask later

4. Everyone is an enemy before they have lowered weapon

if you guys are looking to play with someone, I'll be glad to play :D. Currently end game geared!

I can speak English, Spanish and some Japanaese.

steam: axtranti
^my avatar has 4 characters walking on a park, very colorful.

I also have teamspeak, raidcall, ventrilo and mumble!

Why everyone is so unfriendly? Hmm.. Some people are just unfriendly in this kind of game, so, they kos you the first time, the second time, and so on... And one day you start to kos too because you're sick and tired of just lay down and die each time. Someday you kos some friendly dude who become berserk too because of you and so on. From this point, everyone kos. If you want to have fun, keep an eye on the unarmed and destroy or avoid everyone that is armed.

1. See the people before they see you

2. Get cover and talk to them through VOIP

3. If they go towards you with aimed weapon shoot first, ask later

4. Everyone is an enemy before they have lowered weapon

1. Kinda hard when your killer is on the other end of Elektra, just potshotting at random strangers.

2. KoS people dont talk, they just shoot at anything that moves, thats the whole problem, really.

3 & 4 is a given. Not often get the chance though.

After the day the zombies came, people just weren't the same.  I woke up in the school in Elektro, hungry and thirsty, and a guy is standing there, and says "There is a revolver behind you on a shelf."  Being the kind person I am, I said, "You may have it."  His reply: "I wasn't asking for your moth********* permission to get the gun."

15 shots later, I walked out, glad I muted his mic from the Elektro for a short time.

Please indulge me, how do you read people who are scope killing you from the other side of town for my flashlight?

I too would like to have a friendly encounter some day, but so far I haven't even seen the 7 faces that shot me for leaving the beach.

The gameplay of DayZ currently boils down to running for the hills and hoping you get to a gun quicker than the guy next to you.

So my impression is that something is wrong with the game that calls itself a zombie survival game.

I hope that with future development, a bullet becomes too valuable to waste on a fellow player..

Just like real life everyone has a micro expression, some kind of "click" or "tell" that show's them, that give's off a vibe of what their intentions might be, if they come off as overly friendly they want to lure you in, if they speak like a dog who is barking, it's that they are afraid and try to scare you off...as I said you got to learn to read who people are.

That kind of tense situation is what I want. Trying to negotiate peace or something.

But what ive experienced is "im going to drink something now... oh, black screen."

That happened to me 7 times now, and its getting real hard to hit that respawn button.

They might as well put a random death timer on my character, since the abrupt endings are so meaningless.

If I lose in a mexican standoff, or bandits feed me bleach while handcuffed atleast thats something to laugh about,

but randomly keeling over without interaction is just no fun at all (id play different games if I wanted that).

The Internet has really hurt this game...Everyone wants to record there gameplay of them killing tons of people and posting it on youtube for viewers.

Just wait until a good server is made that does not let people KOS then it will all be good.

People are so unfriendly in this game because they've definitely had experiences where they've been KOS'd. Me and my buddy are brand new spawns so we walk into a house where a tall man is standing with an m4 aimed at us already. Kills both of us. We had nothing. :o

I already found a server that is banning PVP killers, so there is hope.

I still wouldn't mind leaving the option of killing someone open though.

If someone can best me with an axe in my face, good on him,

its the sudden random drop-dead moments that ruin this game for me.

And yeah, I got into the game with the intention of being nice to any and all,

but im beginning to feel like murdering straight away is the only way to stay alive..

Its tough I want to be a nice and meet people.. But So far I have only been met with death or I ran before they could say anything.. 

I guess it comes down to survival of the fittest.. which is basically why I have restarted at least twice a day...

Once people worry more about zombies and less about other players the rampid killing should dwindle some, apparently zombies pose little to no threat at the moment correct?

I just hope they have added or plan on adding that the more noise you make the more zombies you draw, so firing off some of those nice weapons will have some serious repercussions and make players think twice about using guns!

Edited by Femme Fatale

I agree that KoSing sucks, but the argument that the people who just want to shoot should go play a  straight-up FPS is void. 

On CoD and CS and all similar shooters really the action takes place on a small map for faster rounds, and everyone knows they`re there to shoot others. DayZ takes place on a vast map, and encountering others is more often than not, rare. The experience of stalking your "prey", coming up behind them when they think they are safe, having them turn around and go "please, d-don`t shoot me" and pulling that trigger in cold blood is an experience no other game (i know of) offers. You can`t compare the experience of pulling of kills in DayZ with that of constantly mowing down soldiers in CoD or BF, its not the same intensity nor the same satisfaction.

DayZ is a perfect game for snipers for the same reason as well, sure you can snipe in the standard FPSes too, but mostly its going to be from a known "sniper spot" on the map, and from max 2-300 meters away. It`s not the same as sniping people from 600-800 meters away in a massive, open.world, mil-sim engine, it feels way more accomplishing.

Also, being an a-hole on these FPSes is usually limited to trolling people over voice or chat and teamkilling, DayZ brings a-holeness to a whole new level, and trust me, the more you cry the more you tempt people to brutally murder you. 

One time I was killed twice, one after the other. The first time I went north from Chernogorsk, found the dam and another player with a Fireaxe. He was trying to drink from the Pond so he must have been thirsty. I had nothing but Rags and a Can Opener on me. I said 'Friendly' and he waved, so I continued on my journey only to find out he's sprinted after me and killed me with his Fireaxe. I thought "Hah! I'm really thirsty too!" ;>

The second time I literally just spawned and ran into a bunch of guys with camoflauge and guns, telling me to run away from a man wearing no pants and chasing them with a Fireaxe. At the time I thought this was really hilarious, until the thought dawned on me, why haven't these guys just turned around and shot the guy chasing them? I soon found out when I looked back and all three guys started aiming their guns, and all I heard was 'Crack! Crack!', bullets whizzing and landing everywhere. I zig-zagged and moved around like a motherfucker, it must have taken them at least two magazines before one lucky sod actually managed to get me.

The thing with DayZ there's just no game like it. It really gets your heart pumping, and it's not even that kind of horror game. I've never felt such adrenaline on a game like I have when playing Paintball for the first time in real life. You start off bare, you find drinks, clothing and such, and you're not really wary of other players running around with nothing but a baseball bat or a shovel. It's when you find a lot of stuff, like a really decent gun, lots of ammo, lots of food, lots of medication, it changes your attitude and you kill everyone you see because you are very paranoid even though that guy doesn't have anything.

I'm suprised people haven't had some serious mental issues from this game, because by fuck does it make you feel like you're inside of it.

Sorry for the triple quote, don`t know how it happened, was just gonna quote one sentence. Anyway, on teh topic of "mental health issues" from the game, i reccomend reading some "Bandit Campfire" posts on  the DayZ mod forums... It`s like reading something written by the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs, Ted Bundy or the BTK killer.

Edited by Furtherado

Why everyone here is so unfriendly, every player shooting at me. Every time i gather some eq someone killing me...

Where i can join to some community or Clan or something to play in team.. ?

"Cry, cry, cry, I'm so bad at surviving plez don't kil." Holy shit is this damn playerbase from Minecraft or something?

Well,I would say that if the game have only friendly player in it the game wouldnt be challenge,I mean the point of this game is creating a group or try to survive,If there is only zombie in the game and the rest of the players is friendly it wouldnt be fun..

What are you guys doing if you die that much? You stay at balota, looting barracks for hours and wonder why you got shot? I can easily survive long times with the same character, staying in NWAF / surrounding towns. I rarely pump into anybody. And i keep my distance, so i don't even know if the guy was friendly  :lol:

Excuse me, but it's a survival game yes? People kill each other for resources, isn't that correct?

I've no problem with players killing each other for resources.

I do have a problem with the rampant killing of other players "for the lulz".

I understand it can't be completely eliminated but in the game's current state it seems like most players eventually end up riding the 'kill for the lulz' bandwagon due to boredom / not much else to do in-game.

• Like 1

Simple really. Give a young population free access to guns and no repercussions or responsibilities for their actions and within minutes they'll start killing each other.

People are stupid, groups of people are f'ing stupid!

It's also a failure of imagination. It's so muchg easier to destroy someone or something else than actually have to build something yourself.