Pablo290492

Why everyone is soo unfriendly?

If everyone stops shooting at each other then whats left to do ? Kill zombies? Not that many around.. Scavenge for gear? But when you got all everything then what? - How is this different from now? So if you've killed 10 ppl, got all the best gear in the game, what's the point of killing more? You already have the best stuff? Are you killing them to prevent THEM from getting better gear? No? Why then?

@Sokonomi

LeL fool, who lied to you ))))) there is no, "no pvp server" hahahha. best joke I ever heard since playing this game. You're pussy, go play Hello Kitty. I'm soo glad there is no Side Channel anymore hahah so if you are in a "no pvp server" as you call it, you can't really bitch to the admin that you got killed and he can't check who killed you either hahaha. I'm going to find this "no pvp server" and go kill everyone in it. - What is this Hello Kitty game you keep mentioning in a lot of your posts? Is this something you played as a child and loved it so much you now suggest it to others? I don't understand how one can go from one end of the spectrum to the other so quickly. This is not black and white. It's just a slightly different shade of gray.

Edited by jan3sobieski
  • Like 1

If everyone stops shooting at each other then whats left to do ? Kill zombies? Not that many around.. Scavenge for gear? But when you got all everything then what?

@Sokonomi

LeL fool, who lied to you ))))) there is no, "no pvp server" hahahha. best joke I ever heard since playing this game. You're pussy, go play Hello Kitty. I'm soo glad there is no Side Channel anymore hahah so if you are in a "no pvp server" as you call it, you can't really bitch to the admin that you got killed and he can't check who killed you either hahaha. I'm going to find this "no pvp server" and go kill everyone in it.

Wow, you're like the best FPS gamer EVER man... oh wait, you're not playing a FPS.  I know you won't admit it, but I'm pretty sure everyone you've killed has either not been as well armed as you or was busy playing DayZ when you hunted them down and killed them like the Special Forces commando that you are.

• Like 1

Bought the game Christmas Eve (never played the mod) and have just over 31 hours played so far.

I've died 4 times. Only once by another player after I was fully geared looting the NWAF. I did manage to get away from someone shooting at me after I hung around looting a town too long.

I haven't killed any players and only plan to as a last resort (if they try to kill me first).

I've been held up by someone looking for food/water (I had neither). He told me to go on my way but I asked him I follow me to a well I knew about near by first.

I've run into a handful of friendlies. One ran up on me not wearing much clothing and bleeding so I gave him my shirt (I didn't have any bandages) so he could tear it up and use to treat himself.

I surprised someone who was looting a top floor of one of the military bases when I had no gear. She gave me a quick whack and then apologized once she saw I wasn't a threat. She then led me to some gear before saying goodbye.

Tonight while looting a town I saw a player running from a group of zombies. I ran to see if I could help. He was in bad shape/bleeding with only a shovel to defend himself. I took out the 4 zombies chasing him and gave him bandages/food/2 water bottles a extra compass I had and a screw driver to open the food. He thanked me and we went our separate ways.

I try to pickup items (like an extra compass) incase I run into another player in need.

IMHO while I don't ever see myself being a bandit I'm thankful they're out there. It keeps me on my toes. Until they make the zombies more of a challenge, bandits are the only real (difficult) danger.

Even after the zombies are ramped up I still like the idea of those bandit bastards hunting me. No zombie is gonna handcuff me, strip me down and force feed me drain cleaner. That's entertainment right there.

Plus I don't think I'd have as much fun if I knew every person a ran into was friendly. It makes me feel better helping people partly because I'm risking something doing so.

-Rich

Edited by MrLuv
  • Like 1

IMHO while I don't ever see myself being a bandit I'm thankful they're out there. It keeps me on my toes. Until they make the zombies more of a challenge, bandits are the only real (difficult) danger.

While I agree that bandits make a crucial part of the game, you must make one distinction though;

Bandits - Guys who will stick you up, handcuff you, feed you rotten fruit, take most of your gear, and stroll off to the horizon laughing.

FPS cowboys - People who just KOS like they are playing call of duty, not bothering with communicating or checking dead bodies.

I would love to encounter some bandits someday, but im too busy randomly dying..

• Like 2

I try to pickup items (like an extra compass) incase I run into another player in need.

My current character, who I've named Frank, is currently carrying 3 can openers for this same reason.  I give them out as presents to any non geared person that needs one and didn't try to punch me first.

For the first time I met someone Jacobi999 I was sure at first but walked up to him we chatted he was sick so helped him out I carried in then I spotted a a second player heading for a high hill don't know if this was you my friend or another player but nice to meet others. I was glad not to be killed for all my gear

Seriously?

Walking dead - communities formed to stick together. I don't see all of them grabbing guns and shooting each other for their "loot"

Jericho - communities formed to stick together

Jeremiah - communities formed to stick together

Revolution - communities formed to stick together

Falling Skies - community formed to stick together against the aliens

Defiance - should I really keep going?

Think about how interesting any of these shows would be if all characters in every show just thought about themselves and shot everyone they met on sight.

Dumb, just dumb.

You know what they taught us? That we're not animals.

Great way to evade the Romero Classics (WATCH OUT SPOILERS).

Night: almost entirely about cabin fever and human conflict

Dawn: after the mid-part we just have the protagonists, the first people they run into after establishing themselves trash and shoot the mall up

Day: Entirely about human conflict

Also, the Walking Dead is a lot about human conflict. Yeah, they form their own group, but i.e. when they arrive at the prison they run into conflict with the ex-convicts. And yeah, Jericho is about a community formed to stick together, but also about how those groups conflict. A lot of these movies portray bandits in some way, and even people with "just" intentions to be driven to fight against eachother.

DayZ is not about "all characters [players] thinking about themselves and shooting everyone on sight". There are some baddies, and some good players. Wow, just like in real life and in the series.

And we all know movies are totally real life...

Just saying, the way people act in movies doesnt mean that's how the average person would go about it in RL.

And at least in these movies the "baddies" have a motive or provocation. What do the KOS people in DayZ have?

They are just running around being dicks. For example, bambi's pose no threat, and they have no loot. Why kill them.

Not to mention the KOS'ers usually already HAVE a ton of gear (they usually don't even check their kills for loot!).

So they are not out to gain anything or protect themselves, they just want to shoot people for shits.

If thats your MO, DayZ is not the game for you.

If you wanna be a bandit, act like a proper bandit.

Take hostages, cuff em, make em eat rotten fruit, strip them down,

give em a dallas mask, axe them in the ass and send them walking.

THATS how you play the bad guy in DayZ,

• Like 1

I try to always be the hero. I recently met up with a bambi in Kamacha and I gave him some drinks and also a .45 Pistol, then I offered for him to tag along to get some ammo for it, and we just walked and looted as we went. Unfortunately he left the server before we could reach Balota, which is unfortunate since I ended up finding a couple of mags for the pistol.

And we all know movies are totally real life...

Just saying, the way people act in movies doesnt mean that's how the average person would go about it in RL.

And at least in these movies the "baddies" have a motive or provocation. What do the KOS people in DayZ have?

They are just running around being dicks. For example, bambi's pose no threat, and they have no loot. Why kill them.

Not to mention the KOS'ers usually already HAVE a ton of gear (they usually don't even check their kills for loot!).

So they are not out to gain anything or protect themselves, they just want to shoot people for shits.

If thats your MO, DayZ is not the game for you.

If you wanna be a bandit, act like a proper bandit.

Take hostages, cuff em, make em eat rotten fruit, strip them down,

give em a dallas mask, axe them in the ass and send them walking.

THATS how you play the bad guy in DayZ,

First off, I was not talking about griefers, but KoS players as the discussion was about. And no, movies are not RL, but we do seem to distill some expectations from them (as they are inspired by real life), and I reacted to the fact that somebody was proving his point by misinterpreting movies/series. This all started with

The point is to survive zombies though, not eachother.

If you want to survive eachother you can play any old war game.

Which is just plain wrong.

I do agree witrh you, no grievers, but maintain bandits.

To sum up you have no self control and are no better then the guys you blame for making you this way?

Got all the self control I need, but it's a dog-eat-dog world out there innit.

Perhaps I should rephrase that; The main point is to survive zombies.

For KoS people its not their main objective, so they are missing the point.

And to clear things up, I think KoS'ing equals griefing. Its murder without a cause.

I hope that as development goes on, zombie population in cities goes up atleast tenfold.

People dont have time to fuck with each other when there's zombies on every corner.

• Like 1

And to clear things up, I think KoS'ing equals griefing. Its murder without a cause.

I hope that as development goes on, zombie population in cities goes up atleast tenfold.

People dont have time to fuck with each other when there's zombies on every corner.

And even when they do fck with each other the gunshots attract all zombies that hear them and then they start chasing the bandit so that he not only hasn't got the time to loot his victim but also has a hard time escaping the horde alive. Sound of gunfire should also speed up the zombies to running speed. Other than that, zombies should always be walking only

Edited by Highlander007

Great way to evade the Romero Classics (WATCH OUT SPOILERS).

Night: almost entirely about cabin fever and human conflict

Dawn: after the mid-part we just have the protagonists, the first people they run into after establishing themselves trash and shoot the mall up

Day: Entirely about human conflict

Also, the Walking Dead is a lot about human conflict. Yeah, they form their own group, but i.e. when they arrive at the prison they run into conflict with the ex-convicts. And yeah, Jericho is about a community formed to stick together, but also about how those groups conflict. A lot of these movies portray bandits in some way, and even people with "just" intentions to be driven to fight against eachother.

DayZ is not about "all characters [players] thinking about themselves and shooting everyone on sight". There are some baddies, and some good players. Wow, just like in real life and in the series.

No offense but what the hell are you talking about?!

Nobody denies that there will be human conflict within formed groups. There's a ton of human conflict within groups that formed in all those movies AND the tv shows i mentioned. But here's the thing and it will shock you. All of these people FIRST FORMED GROUPS against a threat. Just because they didn't agree with each other throughout the course of the story doesn't mean that it equals what's going on in DayZ now. 

Here's the problem. In every movie you mention, if all the characters would try to kill each other the minute they see each other until there's finally one person left to face the undead, how do you think the movies would fare? I think they wouldn't be called Romero classics anymore, but "B-rated garbage."

• Like 1

I think people who like to play as bandits should play as bandits, people who like to be fucking douche bags should be douche bags, I mean if everyone were playing "goodietwoshoes" the thrill in the game would disappear. 

• Like 1

such is dayz...

had 5 people yesterday in balota on some non whitelist server come up to me with shovels asking to have a "chat"

luckily i outran them...i smelled rotten kiwi force feedings...

its insane out there

I think people who like to play as bandits should play as bandits, people who like to be fucking douche bags should be douche bags, I mean if everyone were playing "goodietwoshoes" the thrill in the game would disappear. 

Yes, but what happens if there are 10 KoS douchebags for every proper bandit or hero out there.

Having to wade through a sea of turds just to find a rare hero-bandit encounter is starting to feel rather unrewarding.

The only ones enjoying themselves are the douchebags, who are effectively breaking the game to suit their "style".

People with a KoS mentality in DayZ are as out of place as people pretending to play minecraft on a battlefield server.

If you want to just aimlessly shoot random strangers in the ass, find yourself a generic FPS game and lay off DayZ,

since survival roleplaying clearly isn't your bag.

• Like 1

the friendliest players are the ones without weapons =p  If you see someone fully geared and ready for combat just shoot them when you can unless you are really confident in your combat skills...  If you see an unarmed player have fun with them but let them live...  Seriously...  =p

Avoid running along roads. 

Keep your eyes open and scan constantly. 

If you see someone and don't want to get shot or attacked. Go somewhere else. 

The mainpoint is not "surviving zombies". the main point is "survival in a world with zombies", zombies were never meant as the main threat, unless you have sources stating otherwise. KoS does not equal griefing. If I walk up north with gear and I see somebody who poses a risk I am entitled to shoot him, nothing griefing about  it.

Your second paragraph is interesting. Yeah, more zombies will be planned, and it should lower griefing around cities. Still, KoS is here to stay, there is a point where the risk of eliminating a threat is far more than the zombies. But still, the point is partly (not mainly persé) PvP, and the zombies just act as a balancer.

No offense but what the hell are you talking about?!

Nobody denies that there will be human conflict within formed groups. There's a ton of human conflict within groups that formed in all those movies AND the tv shows i mentioned. But here's the thing and it will shock you. All of these people FIRST FORMED GROUPS against a threat. Just because they didn't agree with each other throughout the course of the story doesn't mean that it equals what's going on in DayZ now. 

Here's the problem. In every movie you mention, if all the characters would try to kill each other the minute they see each other until there's finally one person left to face the undead, how do you think the movies would fare? I think they wouldn't be called Romero classics anymore, but "B-rated garbage."

Not everyone is killing everyone all the time in DayZ. Some form groups, some are loners, some are bad, some are good. The geste of the Romero movies is still present: people group up, are good/bad/gray and some of them kill eachother when they benefit from it, while other refrain from ti.

In movies the asshole always loses, that's where DayZ differs.

In the 4 days ive been playing ive been randomly killed 7 times and only met 1 friendly player,

proper real by the book catch-release bandits I have encountered exactly zero times.

So there still is a lot of balancing to do before playing the good guy becomes viable.

Or at least until the next generic big brand FPS releases and all the kiddies fuck off. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The mainpoint is not "surviving zombies". the main point is "survival in a world with zombies", zombies were never meant as the main threat, unless you have sources stating otherwise. - omg, here we go again, a guy asking for sources. Sun rises in the east - "I don't believe you, find me sources" - OK, Wikipedia - "Wikipedia is not a source, your point is moot" - Well then how can I provide you proof? Send you an Encyclopedia through the mail? The game is called "DayZ", Not "PVP Apocalypse" or "DayPVP". Do you want me to find you a source showing that the game is called DayZ?

Not everyone is killing everyone all the time in DayZ. Some form groups, some are loners, some are bad, some are good. The geste of the Romero movies is still present: people group up, are good/bad/gray and some of them kill eachother when they benefit from it, while other refrain from ti. - YES, people group up first, then conflicts may arise. The problem is that GROUPING part. Unless you post on a forum to find other players or have friends in real life or Skype or whatever that also play the game, there is really no other way of forming a group. 90% of people will KoS NOT just because they are not friendly, but out of fear. The problem is the ratio of all players is dramatically shifted towards KoS. If i want to play good and someone else wants to play bad, we come up to each other in game and he kills me. I'm fine with that. But if I want to play good and someone else wants to play good, odds are, one of us is going to KoS anyways, JUST IN CASE. That's one problem. The other one and the most important one, are they players who don't give a crap about playing good or bad, they just mindlessly kill everything that moves because they think it's a PVP first type of game. Are you one of those people'?

Edited by jan3sobieski
  • Like 1

Or at least until the next generic big brand FPS releases and all the kiddies fuck off. :rolleyes:

Can't wait for that.

Not going to lie I've been killed many times.  It is extremely frustrating.  But, I will admit, multiple times I just didn't see the people and I was sprinting in their direction.  With a fireaxe.  Oops..one group of people we just spawned and they were just staring at me, but wouldn't chat, and my wave emotion thing wasn't working for some reason.  I did get back up from being unconscious and still had a lot of my stuff, but they guy was just running around murdering people