Sign in to follow this  
Frost20

Dayz SA Killed my Hype for ESO

Its funny how playing Dayz SA basically annihilated my built up hype for ESO... Since Dayz SA is pretty much ESO without all the bullshit questing and safezones. I know this probably the least direct post about DAYZ i have posted thus far, but i felt the urge to splatter my thoughts on this matter.

All i really wanted from ESO was skyrim, with other players. The ability to loot anything, the ability to go anywhere, and do anything, that makes a lasting impact on the world. Welp, came and played Dayz for the first time and BLAM, it was like "woah, im playing skyrim with guns and zombies". Minus the quests of course... But the quests in Skyrim were GOOD, and that was due to the single player nature of the game... In an MMO they have to be dumbed down and have little to no effect, as not to ruin the next person in line. 

Again, i know its a really indirect post, but you cant even fathom how great my hype for ESO was, and how Dayz just nuked the fuck out of that hype.

I was hyped for Eso too, I thought it was going to be an open world Skyrim.

But after seeing alot of footage and interviews with devs i realised they are making another WoW clone zzzzzz.

Have a look at Star Citizen, You might be interested.

Altho its release date is in a year or so, But it is open world (universe) space mmo.

• Like 1

I don't really see how this game could kill the hype for something completely different lol

Dayz... ESO... Dayz... ESO... Erm no... I don't see the connection here.

You kidding? The connection is MASSIVE. If anyone was trying to have some sort of image of what skrim online would be, it would be in a universe like DAYZ + questlines and PVP..... It's even been stated by sacriel when he played up in the norther parts of the map looting around that it felt like "he was playing skyrim".. Thats when it dawned on me, Dayz has like all the things i like about skyrim.. Personal customization, exploration, ability to loot anything.... 

Edited by Frost20

Aw ya man I used to look forward to call of duty then I play commander keen and call of duty lost all its charm.

• Like 2

Aw ya man I used to look forward to call of duty then I play commander keen and call of duty lost all its charm.

:lol:

Its funny how playing Dayz SA basically annihilated my built up hype for ESO... Since Dayz SA is pretty much ESO without all the bullshit questing and safezones. I know this probably the least direct post about DAYZ i have posted thus far, but i felt the urge to splatter my thoughts on this matter.

I don't wanna sound like some elitist "game's gonna fail" ass but I'm pretty sure ESO is gonna pull a Bioware, charge players a subscription fee for as long as they can until they game goes F2P.  I mean hell...ESO *ALREADY* has a cash shop. 

I was hyped for Eso too, I thought it was going to be an open world Skyrim.

But after seeing alot of footage and interviews with devs i realised they are making another WoW clone zzzzzz.

Have a look at Star Citizen, You might be interested.

Altho its release date is in a year or so, But it is open world (universe) space mmo.

You have my Cutlass, Arrrrgh!  Hells yeah.  I haven't played with a flight stick since I had a Commodore 64.  This game is gonna be my reason to buy one...and two extra monitors once it gets to a playable stage.

• Like 1

You kidding? The connection is MASSIVE. If anyone was trying to have some sort of image of what skrim online would be, it would be in a universe like DAYZ + questlines and PVP..... It's even been stated by sacriel when he played up in the norther parts of the map looting around that it felt like "he was playing skyrim".. Thats when it dawned on me, Dayz has like all the things i like about skyrim.. Personal customization, exploration, ability to loot anything.... 

But DayZ is still very different from skyrim. Magic and all aside, you're just comparing the basic of both games as if it hasn't been done before.

Took me a google search to understand what you were talking about there.

I'm not a big fan of fantasy games, I like firearms and scifi, but I played a lot (but did not finish Skyrim). I think DayZ could learn a lot from Skyrim, especially it's physics engine and expansive, yet varied map. My dream is still Something like a hybrid betweeen Arma's simulation and Skyrim's engine. We'll wait and see what compromises had to be made in that respect for the online game though.

I'm not a big fan of fantasy games, I like firearms and scifi

Just saying but sci-fi is fantasy.

Edited by Guest

I Feel bad for people that never tried the mod :S

I feel bad for people who never played arma2

• Like 1

Hold on people even Sacriel said it looks like Skyrim, it gotta be true then.

I was looking forward to ESO and the SA next year. One weekend of ESO and my gaming life was quickly simplified. ESO is a bad joke imo.

You need to lay down the skooma, son.

Since Dayz SA is pretty much ESO without all the bullshit questing and safezones.

sandbox games are on the rise - and thats a good thing.

too long we had to live with dumbed down games that made the choices for us. away with the threadmills - in dayz my imagination and immersion plays a big part. there is no quest there is literally nothing to do - because nothing matters. but somehow exactly this makes me want to do 1000 things - unlike in other games...

star citizen looks pretty sick I must admit.  A lot of people are spending hundreds of dollars at the moment on a game they can't play, which I find hilarious.  You will definitely need a top of the line computer or don't bother playing.  I still want to play ESO though, it's completely different from dayz so I don't know how one could even compare them.  I still don't even consider dayz an MMO.  It has no more players than a 64 player server on battlefield.

Elder Scrolls Online? meh. The Division is where it's at

Thank you for explaining what the fudge this ESO ESO ESO ESO is. 

• Like 2

Edited by Guest

I am still hyped for ESO. Nothing will stop that. DayZ is good though too.....there are so many possiblities with DayZ that I often get rather excited thinking about them. If they happen, that would be great.

All i really wanted from ESO was skyrim, with other players. The ability to loot anything, the ability to go anywhere, and do anything, that makes a lasting impact on the world. Welp, came and played Dayz for the first time and BLAM, it was like "woah, im playing skyrim with guns and zombies". Minus the quests of course... But the quests in Skyrim were GOOD, and that was due to the single player nature of the game... In an MMO they have to be dumbed down and have little to no effect, as not to ruin the next person in line. 

Again, i know its a really indirect post, but you cant even fathom how great my hype for ESO was, and how Dayz just nuked the fuck out of that hype.

I was really excited for ESO too.  I had played the Beta a good bit and was really sold that I was going to be playing it for sure.

But DayZ SA definitely put the bullet in that.  Why the hell would I pay $15 a month for another MMO that while different and gorgeous is essentially the same thing, when I could play DayZ that gives me a different experience just about every day.  

DayZ also gets my heart pumping.  When I've been casually skimming towns for food and supplies, and I suddenly see another player....my heart starts pounding.  It's really intense.  And thus far we don't even have nearly the total amount of features implemented that will eventually be the finished product.  Yet I'm already having a ton of fun.  Just imagine when we can cook, gather, hunt...etc.  This game is awesome.