Sign in to follow this  
uninspired

Unreachable loot

I wasn't able to pick up the map lying on top of the cupboard (see pic below). I tried really hard but neither I could take the map via the character interface nor by hovering the mouse over it. Is that a known issue or was I just too dumb?  :lol:

2013-12-26_00003.jpg

You may have just missed the sweet spot, or, it's simply too high. It certainly looks too high. You wouldn't even see that in FPV. Do you know what town/house that was in? Looks like that loot spawn shoud be moved. 

I think the "proximity" for the gear menu could use a slightly larger distance for this and a few other cases I've seen.

yeah i've had a couple of objects which i couldn't pick up (and they weren't on the top of a cupboard or shelves).

I know i know, it's alpha.

This is a known issue and is on the feedback tracker. Upvote it if you feel the need.  ;)

Most loot spawns are probably generic lists atm. Once the game makes it towards beta and fewer items are being added/removed the loot tables will probably be cleaned up.

I think the "proximity" for the gear menu could use a slightly larger distance for this and a few other cases I've seen.

Yeah, I agree with this. During closed testing the proximity was way too large though, so I guess they overcompensated a little. I expect things like this will be subject to tweaking for some time until they're 'perfect'.

yeah i've had a couple of objects which i couldn't pick up (and they weren't on the top of a cupboard or shelves).

I know i know, it's alpha.

Leslie, don't know how to say that.....but you look like a little girl

Edited by Guest

I wasn't able to pick up the map lying on top of the cupboard (see pic below). I tried really hard but neither I could take the map via the character interface nor by hovering the mouse over it. Is that a known issue or was I just too dumb?  :lol:

If only we had enough intellect to master the uses of a chair ;)

0mLFUji.jpg

There are objects that spawn in the back corner of the top bunk beds in the military barracks that are impossible or near impossible to get.

I found a tac vest on the top bunk in a military barracks and it was impossibly out of reach.  I had to repeatedly vault, open the inventory, and then right click take in like a split second window to get it which took like 10 minutes before I was successful.  There's constantly loot that's out of reach in town houses.