Sign in to follow this  
Foopsz

Very Low FPS with Good PC

I get around 10-20 FPS I tryed Very Low Same thing. 

Game just wont run right I dont know why I wanna play but cant play at 20FPS it sucks.

Any help I have edited my DayZ.cfg my profilfe cfg been looking for hours for a fix.

Someone said its my CPU But I can run BF4 on Medium and get 60-100 FPS so 

I dont see the problem with my CPU.

CPU: AMD FX-8120

RAM:8GB

GPU:GTX 760 EVGA

Yeah, well, DayZ isn't really optimized right now. At all...

It will be optimized later.

• Like 1

Well thanks I will just play with this low FPS For now hopefully a fix comes soon.

I have a i7 3770k, 16gb ram, and a GTX 780ti, the best consumer GPU on the market, and I can barely hold 20FPS in cities. I feel you man.

• Like 1

Read the guide on the wiki for best settings, your frame rate will increase dramatically. Everyone should read it.

I have a i7 3770k, 16gb ram, and a GTX 780ti, the best consumer GPU on the market, and I can barely hold 20FPS in cities. I feel you man.

Same except a 4Gb 680 GTX, 20-24 FPS in towns. All else is 30-40. Haven't tried to put SA in memory yet.

• Like 1

Im just glade I am not the only person with LOW FPS I thought it was just me. Nice to know that this is not just me.

I could play dayz mod at 1920x1080 and all settings on max, now I have everything on low and I'm still getting like 20-30 fps outside, 10-20 fps in towns

Did anyone read what I said? Read the god damn guide on the wiki, I get 60+ FPS now on 1920 res and it still looks pretty good.

• Like 1

Did anyone read what I said? Read the god damn guide on the wiki, I get 60+ FPS now on 1920 res and it still looks pretty good.

Link it?

It's the game at it current stage.

Did they say they were going to optimize SAs engine more?

I notice i get very good FPS on overcast days when the sun isn't out, I can crank up object detail to very high while staring at Zelenogorsk(sp?) and pan around smoothly. btw.I notice antialising doesn't have a huge effect on framerate. Cranking it up makes a huge difference with distant details and things like grass.

Follow the tips Frankie gives on his Beginner's video...basically, put everything you don'Ät actually need to low or disable for best resuslts. i have a GTX 670 and a nice Quadcore with 8GB of RAM, which easily runs Cryengine with 40 fps no matter what, DayZ/Arma2 and the DayZ Standalone are literally the only games that give me between 11-25 fps on max. settings. Turn on fraps and adjust stuff, look at the fps counter. I tried lowering resoultion from 1920x1080 to 1024x768, gave me exactly 1-2fps. But there are options that should help. Turn objects detail to low. Antialiasing and the other stuff in the same menu off (gave me 8-10 fps). The game is not as optimized as we had hoped for. But hey, alpha.

choochoo

maybe post a link or something as there are A LOT of wikis for dayz Sa...

The DayZ: Standalone engine could give 2 shits what GPU you have. Most of the time, it's only using 20% or less of it. At the moment the game is still CPU intensive. And the engine being a modified version of the Arma 2 engine, I'd bet AMD cards won't be effective. Arma has always catered to intel.

• Like 1

Oh, and just so you know, your GPU won't help when trying to render huge 3D objects. Best be counting on your CPU for that.

Hoepfully the next Patch comes out it fixes it. I run Planetside 2 and BF4 better then DayZ. Those games are hard to run.

When in doubt, disable shadows, lower how far things render, drop clouds to low, disable occultation, should fix most of your problems

Link to the guide if you want us to listen to you

Edited by Valdimahr

I can get 25-30 consistent fps[in cities] with my amd fx 6100 and radeon hd 7770. Res at 1920x1080 pretty much using the same settings from frankies vid.

Edited by Dkasten89

Is it wrong that my PC is utter shit and barely meets minimum and i can crank the graphics up to medium on everything and get a stable 45 fps?

Even with the guide optimization and my 4771+780ti I still get ~30 fps observing a city (cherno or electro) from a hill or some other height. That's with no shadows and no aa. FPS is stable high in wilderness but as long as scene complexity goes up FPS goes down. That is the case with arma3 as well but to much lesser degree.

Edited by M1NeR

Even with the guide optimization and my 4771+780ti I still get ~30 fps observing a city (cherno or electro) from a hill or some other height. That's with no shadows and no aa. FPS is stable high in wilderness but as long as scene complexity goes up FPS goes down. That is the case with arma3 as well but to much lesser degree.

Try put shadows on high/very high and object detail on low/very low.

damn man, the 780ti is so sexy. I'm stuck with a plain 780 FTW edition D:. I've been lucky tho. I get a constant 60+ fps inside cities. Although I do get jitters. My specs are:

i7 4770k clocked to 4.5ghz

evga gtx 780 FTW edition

8 GB g skills ripjaw X

so yea.

• Like 1