Sign in to follow this  
c00lface

The true reason behind KoS

funny thing is: KOSers will never have friends ingame.

they will always be hated and since this is running on Steam now, you can easily remember names and avoid those people.

They can change their steam name.

It's a survival horror mod. Survival mechanics with horror aspects just being zombies. Sure, I'll give you that it doesn't state anywhere that it's a simulator. So just replace everything I wrote with survival and it holds the same exact meaning. Even if you were killed by a fully geared player he still may only have enough supplies to last him a day or two. Also lets not forget that by killing you he is less likely to die. That is a fact, because he doesn't know who you are.

Also the internet has trolls. Just because OP stated he personally does it because people like you get mad does not prove that 100% of the murders are troll related. Anything that effects the trolls effects the survivalist which is counter productive to the lead developers vision for his creation.

Call it what you want, but survival isn't difficult in the mod or the standalone, I hope that changes. The KoS bunch of players are doing it because they're not lacking in supplies. A day's worth of supplies is plenty. Two days is bountiful.

Ammo? Check

Food? Check

Drink? Check

Scary outfit? Check

Find a perch and have fun. When I want to kill players I play on servers/gamemodes for it and have fun doing it, I don't play DayZ to murder because I find joy in other things. I'm aware people do, and I expect it, but when they try to justify it and bring themselves up for it, that's when I facepalm.

By killing everyone not him or his pals he's more likely to live? Maybe if the guns had proper audio that would change but sadly that stands true in the standalone.

_______

Did you play the mod? These guys aren't in it for loot in the standalone. I've had a guy go completely out of his way to try and sneak up on me and gun me down, and I still don't know why, considering the loot he had and how inconvenient it was.

I said it months and months ago and I'll say it again, they do it to make people mad and enjoy it. Otherwise they'd play Wasteland or (at the time) DayZ mods made for PvP.

Please don't hate me because of my honest opinion, thats the way I enjoy the game.

I don't know how to tell you this, but I'm afraid you need to seek psychiatric help 

To be honest if I had to choose between the TWO options, I rather see more threads supporting KoS then being against KoS. Of course both sides constantly flooding new threads isn't helping at all, but I was getting a bit worried with all the anti KoS threads going to cause a tidal wave with their tears.

funny thing is: KOSers will never have friends ingame.

they will always be hated and since this is running on Steam now, you can easily remember names and avoid those people.

I play with friends from real life, I dont need to talk to some random nobody I'd rather just shoot them.

people like this should be culled ! nothing worse than branding someone elses choice wrong because your opinion differs.

go play bf3 pfft! :rolleyes:

agreed, I KoS, I only trust people I know in real life. that is perfectly natural and there is nothing wrong with playing the game that way.. 

90% of KoS complaints could be avoided if people would stop hugging the coast and go explore the big inland towns that go virtually untouched by anyone but the smart players. 

I bet most people KOS because they are scared the other person might kill them and they will lose their stuff. Died twice to players so far (with next to nothing to lose), not killed anyone, left plenty of people live, been shot at, shot back etc. I guess I'm just a nice guy who doesn't care too much about his epic gear. I personally find the initial gearing/surviving bit the most enjoyable, I am currently armed to the teeth and it's not so fun.

• Like 1

90% of KoS complaints could be avoided if people would stop hugging the coast and go explore the big inland towns that go virtually untouched by anyone but the smart players. 

Yerp, hanging around Balota, Cherno and Elektro (at a stretch) is guaranteed to get you killed. Once I head north, the furthest south I'll go is Zelenogorsk. 

I bet most people KOS because they are scared the other person might kill them and they will lose their stuff. Died twice to players so far (with next to nothing to lose), not killed anyone, left plenty of people live, been shot at, shot back etc. I guess I'm just a nice guy who doesn't care too much about his epic gear. I personally find the initial gearing/surviving bit the most enjoyable, I am currently armed to the teeth and it's not so fun.

Hit Kamenka, run north, fully geared in 15 minutes. From that point I just like to explore, find my friends and teach them how to use a map (always hilarious and frustrating at the same time) and observe other players. 

I rarely kill anyone. If someone shoots at me, I'll take him down, basic logic but if someone doesn't see me, but I'm observing them, I'm happy to let them be on their way and enjoy their game. If I feel actively threatened, I'll kill another survivor, but it's never for giggles or for wanton murder and that's how I play my game. 

Edited by Mr Fantastic
  • Like 1

So there has been a lot of talking about KoS being a big issue right now in Standalone. Some say it wasn't like this when the mod came up, cod kids and such, bla bla bla.

But I want to give you my honest reason to KoS: I love it. Been doing it since my first day on the mod (June 2012). Never had a friend in this game, always been a loner bandit who kills everything that moves. And really I think thats the best way to get satisfaction in this game, thats why 90% players do it. I Always play stealthy, moving very slowly and doing a lot of camping. I literally kill on sight, don't wait a second, don't even take my chances with unarmed characters specially in military loot areas. I enjoy killing freshspawns and make them respawn again, because I know they hate it. I love sniping, got very good at it, landing 1km headshots in the mod. And right now on SA its just beautiful. If I get to kill a full geared survivor, I know he rages. Yesterday I killed this guy he had an m4 and full gear, he even had that press vest that is pretty rare. I bet you I could feel his anger. I could hear him whining. And its his fault, all of you that rage when kosed, you just get mad because of a game, Its a videogame! you will lose your gear eventually! get over it!

Haven't tried the handcuffs yet, probably never will.

Please don't hate me because of my honest opinion, thats the way I enjoy the game.

Peace

actually, if im killed as a fresh spawn, i shrug my shoulders and pity the poor soul who derives enjoyment from it, and move on.

you'll never find me to kill me otherwise, the north is vast, and winter is coming.....

There is no one reason why people will kill you on sight.  Everyone has a different reason.  Whether it's shoot you before you shoot me, or I'm just a douchebag that likes to ruin peoples day, in the end you're dead and it doesn't matter.

Everyone will play this game the way they want to.  That's the cool thing about it.  No one person will play the same as the next with one exception, trying to survive.

Everyone gets their kicks in different ways.

I take risks to help some players, it depends on their attitude and honesty when I catch them with their pants down.  

Like this morning for example, I caught a guy in a military base and he was completely unarmed, looking for a weapon.  When confronted he was very honest, stating that he had seen me and was searching for a weapon to kill me with but only because he assumed I was hostile.  We both ended up walking out of that base alive and with a lot more than we had when we entered, and it was a rather pleasant experience.

Yes I know, trusting anyone and letting your guard down is a huge risk.  But that's how I get my kicks.  In the end, he lived and ended up in a much better position than he was in originally.  I walked out with a good conscience and a few goodies myself.

Play your way :)