sigvatr

I am a cold-blooded murderer

True, and as much as I'm not a fan of KoS.. the game would be boring if there was no fear of being randomly shot. But my question is what do you get out of killing an unarmed fresh spawn? They have no gear so why kill them if they're not a threat?

Because it's a game, and he is playing it how he wants? I almost NEVER KoS. Only in very rare occasions do I do so, like getting tired of being KoS'd as a bambi. I see nothing wrong with the banditry, because it would be boring without it. Especially as a bambi.

I hope we meet ingame OP. Would be a pleasure killing you.

I can only hope that you are a worthy adversary. The more skilled you are, the more satisfying it will be to kill you.

• Like 1

Awh, you are such an awesome part of the game. 

Your lack of care for other players,

your crazy alter-ego you have created in your 

in-game character. I love it! 

Some of the most exciting moments i have experience has

been trying to stealthily run away from crazy groups of people trying 

to gun me down.

Also to all the bambi lovers out there...

If you arent careful at every point in the game

then you will be killed.

THis is just them dying in the first few moments in the game

because of their carelessness and hopefully realizing 

that they should be more carfeul so when they have 

gear they care about they dont loose it in the same way.

cheers, see you in chenarus. 

My only real issue with your playstyle, assuming you don't do it to be a dick, is that you're not playing to survive, you're playing to kill others. Out the door with "survival" because you, and others like you, don't care if you die. Gives you a chance to respawn and spam hack with an axe until you come upon a gun.

Death needs to be more punishing, if you ask me, then you can tell me how awesome it is. ;) Some of us like to survive a long time, believe it or not.

• Like 1

Actually I try my best to live as long as possible, but I find surviving to be much easier than most people because I'm just better at the game than they are.

Actually I try my best to live as long as possible, but I find surviving to be much easier than most people because I'm just better at the game than they are.

surviving is not hard. get food, get water, sit in a bush for 3 months. your so good at this game.

A person in a coma could survive in dayz. Grab food water and hide, congrats you are the ultimate survivor.

There is 2 things to do in dayz, 

1)Get loot

2) kill people 

I don't blame OP for doing what he does. 

I kill everyone I see except for:

1) Friends

2) People that I have spoken too in game

3) Unarmed people

4) Anyone when I am unarmed.

Everyone else is fair game. 

I mercy killed a friend without his permission once because it would just be faster for him to respawn and travel than find rare medical items to heal him.

ITT: Edgy teen kills people for lulz in DayZ like everyone else with a gun.

What a special snowflake you are.

• Like 2

Umm, that's how the majority plays this game. Nothing special here :lol:

The adrenaline rush you get when picking off a well-armed and coordinated group of people one by one with a hatchet is incredibly intense.

i lol'd

My only real issue with your playstyle, assuming you don't do it to be a dick, is that you're not playing to survive, you're playing to kill others. Out the door with "survival" because you, and others like you, don't care if you die. Gives you a chance to respawn and spam hack with an axe until you come upon a gun.

Death needs to be more punishing, if you ask me, then you can tell me how awesome it is. ;) Some of us like to survive a long time, believe it or not.

This. Imo the root of many problems with KOSing (and other connected things) is that life itself is too undervalued in DayZ. Things you wear have value, that rare sniper rifle has value, antibiotics have value. LIFE ITSELF HAS NO VALUE. When I'm freshly spawned I can take risky actions without a problem. I'm not loosing much afterall, maybe just a slight inconvenience of unlucky far spawn. And that is HUGE problem.

Life is the ultimate most precious commodity at man's disposal. If DayZ is not some deathmatch in zombie apoc and is about survival (i.e. staying alive) than value of life should be at the top. But it's not even near it. How can this even be? That's major inherent design flaw.

I personally don't believe that penalizing KOSing (whether it's humanity system or something else) is going to fix the issue. It's like applying painkiller instead of curing the disease. Penalties aren't raising the value of life afterall.

Now what really can raise the life's value? Difficult and interesting question it is. Maybe some skill system that gives bonuses to character accuracy, crafting, some other whatever. Maybe when freshly spawned character can't even hit with an axe properly and only after surviving for about a month can he land accurate shots with his pistol. And if he dies he looses all his skill bonuses which he can't regain any other way than staying alive longer. Maybe we can even have a teacher system when more experienced chars can transfer aka teach some of their prowess to new ones (and who will teach a total lonewolf kosing sniper?). Maybe then most people will value the single life of a character more and that will be enough to improve overall gameplay experience.

Now maybe my "skill idea" is a crappy one and there are better ones. I can only hope that rocket and other guys from DayZ team will try to do something to solve this problem.

Edited by M1NeR

im just a general thrill killer, i do not hold attachment to items, im in it for the gameplay, i rarely travel up north, ive found i can get more kills at the balota airstrip, got 32 kills on this life with my mosin atm, nothing more rewarding in the game.

Kill-on-sight is often discussed here on the forums, whether or not something should be done about it, etc. However, the vast majority of the threads started regarding this topic is by people who are angry about being murdered, think it is unfair and so forth.

There isn't a vocal enough response to this controversy from the people who choose to play as murderers. We are part of the game itself; an unrelenting force that must be dealt with to survive the same as zombies, illness and the environment itself. Without us, DayZ would not be the success that it is. A large number of people who buy and play the game do so because they are entitled to this strategy, if not encouraged. The developers know this and they will never change the system. If you hate murderers, go play another game.

I'm not just a bandit. While I do rely on banditry as almost my sole source of items and survival, I choose to murder as many denizens of Chernarus as possible because of the thrill it gives me, especially when I kill well-armed veterans armed only with a hatchet. This goes beyond mere kill-on-sight; I actively hunt and kill various targets depending on the thrill and risk involved. The more likely I am to be killed attempting to murder someone, the more likely I am to attempt to do it. The adrenaline rush you get when picking off a well-armed and coordinated group of people one by one with a hatchet is incredibly intense. This is what makes DayZ the best stealth game ever created.

I still kill freshly spawned players from time to time, but it is not very exciting or rewarding. Usually this happens when I am passing through a town for whatever reason and happen to see them, but I do not actively camp spawn points. I know some players do, and I do not think what they are doing is wrong, but I just don't enjoy it much at all.

Hope to see you in game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmLRTVYgEq4

This. Imo the root of many problems with KOSing (and other connected things) is that life itself is too undervalued in DayZ. Things you wear have value, that rare sniper rifle has value, antibiotics have value. LIFE ITSELF HAS NO VALUE. When I'm freshly spawned I can take risky actions without a problem. I'm not loosing much afterall, maybe just a slight inconvenience of unlucky far spawn. And that is HUGE problem.

Life is the ultimate most precious commodity at man's disposal. If DayZ is not some deathmatch in zombie apoc and is about survival (i.e. staying alive) than value of life should be at the top. But it's not even near it. How can this even be? That's major inherent design flaw.

I personally don't believe that penalizing KOSing (whether it's humanity system or something else) is going to fix the issue. It's like applying painkiller instead of curing the disease. Penalties aren't raising the value of life afterall.

Now what really can raise the life's value? Difficult and interesting question it is. Maybe some skill system that gives bonuses to character accuracy, crafting, some other whatever. Maybe when freshly spawned character can't even hit with an axe properly and only after surviving for about a month can he land accurate shots with his pistol. And if he dies he looses all his skill bonuses which he can't regain any other way than staying alive longer. Maybe we can even have a teacher system when more experienced chars can transfer aka teach some of their prowess to new ones (and who will teach a total lonewolf kosing sniper?). Maybe then most people will value the single life of a character more and that will be enough to improve overall gameplay experience.

Now maybe my "skill idea" is a crappy one and there are better ones. I can only hope that rocket and other guys from DayZ team will try to do something to solve this problem.

I think the skill idea is very good actually, and I agree that life should be at the top. You should suggest this. DayZ is realist - experience is real. Some survivors would be more skilled than others. I disagree with gun accuracy changes though, would make the game way too hard. Maybe quicker sprint, get hungry/thirsty less, etc.

Kill-on-sight is often discussed here on the forums, whether or not something should be done about it, etc. However, the vast majority of the threads started regarding this topic is by people who are angry about being murdered, think it is unfair and so forth.

There isn't a vocal enough response to this controversy from the people who choose to play as murderers. We are part of the game itself; an unrelenting force that must be dealt with to survive the same as zombies, illness and the environment itself. Without us, DayZ would not be the success that it is. A large number of people who buy and play the game do so because they are entitled to this strategy, if not encouraged. The developers know this and they will never change the system. If you hate murderers, go play another game.

I'm not just a bandit. While I do rely on banditry as almost my sole source of items and survival, I choose to murder as many denizens of Chernarus as possible because of the thrill it gives me, especially when I kill well-armed veterans armed only with a hatchet. This goes beyond mere kill-on-sight; I actively hunt and kill various targets depending on the thrill and risk involved. The more likely I am to be killed attempting to murder someone, the more likely I am to attempt to do it. The adrenaline rush you get when picking off a well-armed and coordinated group of people one by one with a hatchet is incredibly intense. This is what makes DayZ the best stealth game ever created.

I still kill freshly spawned players from time to time, but it is not very exciting or rewarding. Usually this happens when I am passing through a town for whatever reason and happen to see them, but I do not actively camp spawn points. I know some players do, and I do not think what they are doing is wrong, but I just don't enjoy it much at all.

Hope to see you in game.

So you're doing the same thing as 90 percent of the other kids playing Dayz instead of cod over xmas then.

KOS will be different when the Alpha gets the features it needs. Zeds aren't where their supposed to be as far as numbers and strength and loot tables are out of whack.

When they have to make a conscious decision whether or not to waste their last bullet on a Bambi or take that shot and be mobbed by Zeds, I think KOS will be lessened. As of now there is no thought process behind whether to KOS or not, there is no consequence. When there is consequence or having to have an actual thought process, things will change and I can't wait for it to happen. Still early days...

Do I think KOS or PvP should be removed... Absolutely not! So let's make that clear.

I only have two words for OP: Hat Cat.

WHAT? You take peoples loot when you kill them right? Your playing easy mode dude. I played a survivor in the mod up until a couple weeks ago when i went back to DayZ mod and some dick told me there were no bandit skins. There were, but he lied to be a dick i guess. But since gathering loot as getting old, I decided to be a little bit of a bandit for once and holy fucking shit did it make the game easier. I started using sniper rifles too, something i never did before because it felt so cheap to click my mouse button the moment someone stopped to look around. Could not believe how easy it was to snipe people. I really can't believe you just said that.

Try only killing when you KNOW for sure that another player in a bandit/KOSer, try tracking them to find out and if they kill someone, but you didn't see who shoot first or if he was just shooting first because the guy started aiming at him, then don't shoot, he was just defending himself. And when you spend hours gathering all your loot yourself, spending gobs of time looking out widows for players as pass them, and someone pops around a corner just when you had no weapon and your game starts over I'd like to hear how you feel about doing that all over again without being able to reciprocate when you'd already like some action yourself...

I do what I must to survive.

I hunt.

I have my Mosin with a long-range scope and plenty ammunition.

I take my time with every shot to ensure a definite kill. One shot, one kill.

I let some live. If they only knew I laid there, with them in my crosshair, ready to shoot.

With their lives in my hand, I feel godlike. Their fate is decided by me alone in that very moment.

Technically you can survive by gathering stuff. So  your very first sentence is bull and everything else is based on bull. Congrats on that. Not that i am against KOS, i wouldn't play the game if combat wasn't in it.

Technically you can survive by gathering stuff. So  your very first sentence is bull and everything else is based on bull. Congrats on that. Not that i am against KOS, i wouldn't play the game if combat wasn't in it.

I see you don't understand what I wrote. 'Congrats on that.' I enjoy the hunt. I take pride in my kills. If you end up in my scope, I decide if you live or die. Survival of the fittest. That is how nature works.

To survive, you have to be cautious about your surroundings. Every life I take, provides this lession.

Edited by Whistler2k4

I never played the DayZ mod. I bought standalone the day after it came out and had been watching people play the mod for a while so I had a decent idea of how the game worked, so i'm not a clueless noob, as I have played 30+ hours already and believe I do better then average. Moving on, I believe in KoS to a certain degree. My first 4 deaths were all by bandits when I was weaponless.People are bloodthirsty and its a vast majority of players who do this. Whether they are unarmed and come back with a hammer and kill you, or start with a weapon and kill you as soon as your backs turned most players will take every advantage they get to kill you. Therefore, if you have a weapon, I will kill you on sight to protect myself. simple as that. If you don't you can leave the area I am in, or if I am feeling really nice I will leave. You hesitate, wait too long, come too close to me, even unarmed, and I will kill you. I'm now a paranoid player killer. I do enjoy killer players and getting loot, but I do not go out of my way to kill unarmed people. Armed people, I do all the time. It's like the walking dead. Morgan didn't kill that one zombie, and it came back to kill his kid. If I see an armed player I will hunt and kill you so the same doesn't happen to me. QQ all you want, I like living longer then you people crying about how bad us player killers are. Grow a pair and remember its a video game, humanity is irrelevant. (For you lady players, just grow up)