Twixxer

How about Balota airfield military loot getting removed?

I think the discussion is pointless, there is only 3 weapons in the game. 

Loot balancing can only be done once we know everything. Maybe northwest airfield has a helicopter spawn or awp or else that makes it worth the travel?

Also right now many dont travel away from the coast because there are no vehicles, in case of death it takes too long to get back to your group.

So please no changes to Balota airfield untill the loot is more complete.

More like people don't go North because they can get all the loot at Balota, or just get KoS'd awhile after they spawn.

Totally agree with OP

Haven't played the SA actually, but them seems like a design flaw to me...

It's quite simple: For the first 10 minutes after spawning a character has little value to the player.

No equipment / No history / No time investment

Therefore Balota is not a "high risk / high reward" location.

It is high reward for no risk, as you don't invest anything by trying.

And of course, a constant supply of weapons and ammo south is not good regarding PvP...

• Like 2

loot areas just need balancing. its not balota.

firestations and other places like barns yield literally nothing this is why everyone is just heading to balota and cause its near a spawn alot.

so current game at moment is spawn not at balota kill self spawn hopefully balota or near then go barracks get gun unless gear not spawned then jump server to another balota to get gun.

yes this isnt great or fun way but people will always do easiest way first. that is currently why its happening.

shortest time to get same result always wins !

so make the loot spawn at normal places like in mod as suggested so guns in barns , school , shops, odd houses, firestation then you wont have a race to get to balota. simples.

Really I think they added too much military loot over all. It didn't take me long to get fully geared up, even less time than the Mod. Balota was beefed up and then 3 military bases on the west side of the map is too much.  And they didn't do anything on the east side, except at NEAF that I know of?  In fact they took out Berezino's military tents.

Really it doesn't make that much sense that there are barracks at Balota, even the military office/jail building doesn't make that much sense. Medical tent area does make sense as the military would try to set some type of outpost for civilians. 

I don't mind the many different areas to find military loot, but should be greatly reduced.  Hell I found far more m4's than I ever found Mosins....never found a shotgun yet. In fact I've never had a mosin and ammo at the same time.

• Like 1

On the other hand...

If it there is Balota with high military loot locations...

and an endless supply of unaware bambies for target practice...

would attract a lot of organized bandit groups camping the territory.

With 50 people on a server it could develop into a real deathtrap.

Certainly for any unaware commuter :D

(Assuming that loot respawns or is "respawnable" as in DayZ Mod)

Than there would be this "natural selection effect" among groups contesting the airfield.

Could provoke some good battles :)

In the end, you will have really good Bandit-Groups controlling the Airfield...

and from there venturing out to Cherno for example. To get some supplies

and kill some bambies.

So in consequence, Cherno will also become much more dangerous.

Think of these new appartment buildings in Cherno... with a high military loot area next to it...

Would become quite a deathtrap sometimes.

Electro not so much, quite far away...

Yea, some fresh spawns will have a harder life - probably shorter life.

But it is quite cool. If you want to survive, you have to get away from this.

That means up North or to the East.

the loot locations seem fine.

Everyone has the same opportunity to get the same loot, how they use it is up to them.

I've said it many times, there is nothing you can do to stop KOS / spawn killers on the coast, if the loot is further away they will go there and come back.

At least having something near spawn gives everyone a chance.

Leaving everything up north just turns that location into the meat grinder.

It's not just 'some' players who KOS, it's ALL of you !

I've had no interactions with anyone where someone didn't get killed, except one where I was armed and someone else was not.

On AU servers, it's KOS or be KOS. That's your choice, so if you want to have any interaction with anyone not in your own clan / team then you best have a weapon and hope they don't. Thing is the RP side of it gets killed when you let someone travel with you and they just log out scared that you are going to kill them later.

There is no solution to this, it's the way the community plays, the players who all claim they don't KOS are most likely lying and just pissed off that they haven't had the upper hand and lost the fight more often than not.

I know players just like it, "look look there's someone... get them ! " , until it happens to them, "why the hell did they kill me ! " - go to forums ... rage about KOS.

You want it to change ? - then stop doing it.

• Like 1

the loot locations seem fine.

Everyone has the same opportunity to get the same loot, how they use it is up to them.

I've said it many times, there is nothing you can do to stop KOS / spawn killers on the coast, if the loot is further away they will go there and come back.

At least having something near spawn gives everyone a chance.

Leaving everything up north just turns that location into the meat grinder.

It's not just 'some' players who KOS, it's ALL of you !

I've had no interactions with anyone where someone didn't get killed, except one where I was armed and someone else was not.

On AU servers, it's KOS or be KOS. That's your choice, so if you want to have any interaction with anyone not in your own clan / team then you best have a weapon and hope they don't. Thing is the RP side of it gets killed when you let someone travel with you and they just log out scared that you are going to kill them later.

There is no solution to this, it's the way the community plays, the players who all claim they don't KOS are most likely lying and just pissed off that they haven't had the upper hand and lost the fight more often than not.

I know players just like it, "look look there's someone... get them ! " , until it happens to them, "why the hell did they kill me ! " - go to forums ... rage about KOS.

You want it to change ? - then stop doing it.

It's not even about KoS anymore, it's about that you can find the best gear in the game in 15 seconds if you spawn in balota or 5 minutes if you spawn somewhere else and you're going to Balota

Edited by Gdaddy22
  • Like 1

As been already suggested by someone earlier is that there should NOT be any known or any military areas that are known to spawn military equipment or weaponry.

they should be scattered all over chernarus requiring thorough searching of even the remote areas, making anything but the most basic tools like hatchets very rare.

One should feel like a king with simple 9mm and hand full of ammo, let alone assault rifles with optics. This IMO are the roots of dayz, not to gear up and empty my backpack full of ammo into some random newb. I appreciate PvP for what it is but it should be well deserved and that's not to mention that ''endgame'' would be greatly postponed.

• Like 2

I love ppl think that this is all final and done, military gear will be scarce when is fully realesed even before that might be fixed. Once it is fixed ppl move around more. We are still in early alpha, check the bug track to see what's important fixing ATM.

• Like 1

this is how it goes in the mod

NWA - Main PVP Battlefield

Northern Town - Ghost Towns with almost no loot

Balota Airfield - Ghost Town with almost no loot

Elektro and Cherno - Bambi PVP Battlefield

in the SA game

NWA - Veteran's PVP Battlefield (Highly experienced players, clans, groups)

Northern Towns - Veteran Looting Grounds

Balota Airfield - Bambi PVP Battlefield

Elektro and Cherno - Bambi Looting Grounds

I prefer the SA style. It's more balanced.

By making all buildings enter-able and adding more loot spawn points the game makes the northern towns a viable option to survive now aside from the southern cities.

Now there is balance, the northern have more civilian loots plus the removal of stary sobor military loot makes it a balanced place. The addition of military loot in the south makes it balanced too.

Making Balota a military loot place essentially makes it a PVP zone so it will decrease the number of hostile players in the nearby towns Cherno and Elektro(they will go to balota instead for their killing pleasures), new players can now loot more peacefully and not die the moment they spawn in the coast.

If you remove Balota loot it will do absolutely NOTHING. Hostile players will go terrorize elektro and cherno again. People who want military loot will just go to NWA anyway, crowded with Veterans and Bambi's alike

Are you kidding me? You go to Balota airfield, get an M4 with several mags and then go kill freshspawns on coast. And you're saying loot amount isn't high?

Loot amount isn't high... unless you do server hopping and go to unlooted servers with 0 players which really isn't solvable with your solution because they will just go to NWA and server hop instead. it does nothing.

And just to add, I roll with a group of 5 or more depending on who's online in our clan. we play dayz since the mod. in the mod we tend to hit elektro and cherno and then NWA. that's the only three locations we really go around.

In the SA, we tend to roam around the map. going place to place. elektro, cherno, balota, miltary base, zelenogorsk, stary, NWA, and backtrak on a new server. OR instead go to devil's castle, gorka, berezino, solnichy, rog castle and back to elektro.

In the mod I never really paid attention to the other towns. now I do. I really like the current style. the only thing missing is more loot/weapon types and then vehicles

Edited by lyndonguitar

On most occasions I would suggest the same, however balota has served as an easy bandit hive. The risk is high, and the reward is usually skimp unless you're a server-hopper. It's more worth it to make the trek to NE/NWAF where there'll be more loot.

This guy is just another PvE fanatic. Nothing else. This game isnt about running around and saluting to eachother. This game is about survival. So, if you dont want to be shot, than dont go there. Its just your own risk.

Once there are more objects in the game, I think the m4 won't be the 'best in the game' anymore, it's just with the limited loot tables at the moment it is...

(the mosin could be the best, once it has a scope on it, it's long distance lethal).

the f*ck are you all arguing about?

It's in alpha.

Yes that's an excuse.

But a good one.

Most of the things will change over time.

The reason that balota is now main PVP area in SA is that there are just 3 weapons in the game. No reason for anyone to go north.

That. Will. Change. 

Over time, Balota will only spawn lets say rare m4 and shotguns/makarovs/etc. And the NWA will have all the cool stuff like NVG, sniper rifles and so on.

/thread

no but entire blocks of aprtment are also not empty for christ sake, dont try and be pathetic and talk about realism with one thing while ignoring the hundreds of other unrealistic things because it benefits you. Not everyone is going to have a glock or an m4 laying around but if the zombie apocalypse were to hit then im pretty sure a lot of houses would have, i know mine would, would yours???

People die in random places when the world lands in shit so finding a gun in a house would not be unrealistic at all don't try and nitpick. And also my proposal would make the guns harder to find. What your saying is leave them in one place, whats hard about swapping servers until you find an m4 are u actually serious, if the guns were random you would have to look nopt just know whwere they are and also there is no point in server hopping because you never know where anything might be.

Its a good idea and your answer kind of proves it because that is the only thing you could say back.

The devs could make it so that players help spread the loot around, if someone dies in lets say cherno with a m4 and a bunch of mags and no one clames it the loot will spawn in random houses in cherno,

Really because i would get an automatic rifle, if you honestly think most people would prefer a hunting rifle you truly are stupid, sorry to be rude but you are, most people would use a bat when they could use an ak47. am i missing something ??? The reason why i said the apartment blocks are empty was to show you how your argument of being realistic is redundant looking at the state the game is in.

'People wouldn't go rushing to military bases to retrieve their weapons and then bring back to their apartment blocks. Common sense.' Yeah people would not go rushing to military bases, your right there so where is the irony in that statement??

Who said anything about people grabbing weapons and rushing back to their apartment blocks, soldiers would be fighting in the streets in Russia, in and out of the houses, fighting and dying and zombies don't pick up weapons. You do not have to be in the military to have an assault rifle so yes people would have assault rifles and even if they never the point is i would happily concede that tiny bit of how would you call say it 'realism' if it stopped this form of cheating that is going on at the moment.

my weapon of choice would be the sks,

*it should be easy to find as it will likely be considerd a hunting rifle,

*ammo will be common as it shares the same ammo as the ak,

*when the devs add in the ability to use your rifle as a melee weapon the sks will be a great choice as it has a built in folding bayonet

*it's semi auto so i have a pretty good chance of killing a armed player at range if needed or groups of zombies.

*looks less agressive than a assault rifle so players or groups just out minding there own business might not shoot me because i look dangerous

* as its semi auto with a 10 round mag, pvpers are less likely to kill me for my gear as you cant kill 30 guys with one reload with it (would you risk your fancy m4 for it?)

*the sks has a internal mag so it can be reloaded by hand no mags required (it does have striper clips to reload faster)

*some versions have a rifle grenade launcher built into the flash supressor

Edited by unmovingtarget

Love the designated PvP arenas, think it's cool that people have a decent death match arena so close to the cost. You don't have too far to run, when you respawn and if it's too hot for your liking, you can avoid it.

Edited by Dallas

I think you're missing the point here. My suggestion is only to remove military loot from Balota, not removing all weapons from the game. Use common sense, please. Also, if you're looking for 'quick PVP' action why don't you just play regular ArmA or Call of Duty?

If your looking for co-op zombie survival why not just play Dead island, Nether, Rust, 7 days to die or many of the Care Bear survival games, Dayz is an hardcore zombie survival pvp game, and always has been from the start.

99% of games are care bearish and Dayz isnt one of them, and thats why it became popular.

To make Dayz an non pvp type game would destroy it like all them other games that you care bears moaned into destruction till they got boring as hell.

About the thread...if i spawn near i check some places...like one barrack(for the backpacks) and then go to the town ´cause it has a water pond which i think is far more valuable than a M4.

It hard to decide if it has to be removed or nerfed but i think im gonna wait until later in the game development to decide

Two things

The loot should stay.  If anything they should have it respawn quicker.  

I dont play this game for zombies or survival.... I play it for no safe zone open full looting PvP.  The faster people can gear up the faster they can shoot back.

If me and my buddies have 2 hours to play on a given night I dont want to spend 1 hour and 45 mins scrounging for gear and 15 min looking for PvP... I want 15 mins scrounging for gear and 1 hour and 45 min looking for PvP. 

Keep Balota airfield military spawns... 

I think youre playing the wrong game

DayZ is a PvP game. I'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable.

Dayz is a Survival Game in the Zombie Ap. not a PVP game

• Like 4

people can try to ignore the survival aspects if they want, but eventually being sick, hungry, and thirsty is going to catch up with them

I think there should be much, much, more less military grade weapons and gear available for a looter, increase hunting and fishing gear instead.
Give the weapons dirt and damage failure, making you to clean or polish the bolt, barrel, replace springs, basically, to fix it.
Small firearms should be dropped by some zombies too, in a state of disrepair, by former police, military, making the game a real survival game, not an online duck shooting feast. Just a thought

• Like 1

When I play this game, I stick to one server, and I don't change. 

I don't server hop when I've looted a military base and I'm not fully geared up.

I don't run to Balota the first I respawn.

I actually walk around that thing that the game calls Chernarus and move from town to town. I'm fine with PVP spots, and ofcourse, I go through them because I have to. But when you have a place like Balota airfield, the barracks in the airfield, and tents, it leaves players like me who actually go deep north, northeast, and even the east coast (when things get desperate and no human contact for hours) no chance to see anyone "by chance". Because to meet anyone "by chance" in this game, you have to either be in the western part of the map. 

What I would love to see in the future:

1. Keep the spawns on the south/southeast coast.

->I'd rather not see spawns all over the map. This will give players an advantage if they spawn in the north where the airfields, barracks are.

->Make the players go north.

->I promise you, when everyone isn't killing eachother to get to Balota because of the military loot, the WHOLE southern coast will just be for looting supplies to go north. Just how it's supposed to be.

1. Move the airfield, tents, and barracks in Balota in the north - because let's be honest - what the hell's the point of going to NWAF even when you have your own NW airfield in Balota. 

-> Maybe even move the military barracks north of Kamenka north but that's actually fine.

I don't want to see this game as #CoastZ or #BalotaZ

And yes, I numbered both as 1 because they're equally as important.

• Like 1

I think there should be much, much, more less military grade weapons and gear available for a looter, increase hunting and fishing gear instead.

Give the weapons dirt and damage failure, making you to clean or polish the bolt, barrel, replace springs, basically, to fix it.

Small firearms should be dropped by some zombies too, in a state of disrepair, by former police, military, making the game a real survival game, not an online duck shooting feast. Just a thought

a fallout 3 style repair system for firearms might work, if you need to find 2 or 3 m4's to strip for parts to get yours in condition to fire millitary grade weapons are now much harder to find

removing the loot from balota will not stop coast camping. it wont even hinder it when you can just run north for 20 minutes and get the gear you need to camp freshspawns.

a fallout 3 style repair system for firearms might work, if you need to find 2 or 3 m4's to strip for parts to get yours in condition to fire millitary grade weapons are now much harder to find

Very much so, but if game takes place in former Soviet territory, there should be more soviet weapons, believe or not, some grandads still keep stashed away their weapons after the previous two world wars :)