Twixxer

How about Balota airfield military loot getting removed?

I toled you my arguments.

Read them. I like it. I like that the coast is full of psychopaths.

I like that the coast is PVP area. Whats next? Remove NWA weapons because some people write they get KoSéd there?

I like it, I like that NWA is PVP area.

Hahahahahah.. no. Those are not arguments but stubborn excuses. I provided lots of reasons why and how it would improve the game, THAT'S an argument. You like constant KoS on coast? Fine. And yet again you're missing my point here, I doubt you'll understand but still, I'll explain for the last time - the KoS rate on coast is higher than DayZ mod's KoS rate on coast. That's utterly wrong, since the standalone was supposed to decrease KoS. Removing military loot from Balota would definitely decrease KoS on coast.

You are just talking about what YOU like in this thread, which is KoS. You're missing the point that I'm talking about whole community.

• Like 1

Just leave it like it is, I've been playing DayZ since the very beginning and in my opinion the fun in this game is killed if you can't find anything especially weapons. The balota airstrip is fine this way if you ask me. Vanilla DayZ's big issue in my opinion was the lacking reward from high risky locations.

Also giving this game just one good military loot location will end in being a camp fest at the NW Airfield which is boring as hell.

The Dev's should consider adding like four or more high reward locations with different buildings, I mean like the NW Airfield, than a military base like stary sobor, then aswell a policestation (a huge one) and other stuff like this. I really enjoy the generalstore at kamenka since this spawn is frustating as hell. 

Sorry for a confusing read in my post, been in a rush, since its christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!

Edited by Denzje

Because alpher wait till vehicles and more zombies no one will care about server hopping and military bases because they will. E swarming with zeds.

Edited by Desryachri

Just leave it like it is, I've been playing DayZ since the very beginning and in my opinion the fun in this game is killed if you can't find anything especially weapons. The balota airstrip is fine this way if you ask me. Vanilla DayZ's big issue in my opinion was the lacking reward from high risky locations.

Also giving this game just one good military loot location will end in being a camp fest at the NW Airfield which is boring as hell.

The Dev's should consider adding like four or more high reward locations with different buildings, I mean like the NW Airfield, than a military base like stary sobor, then aswell a policestation (a huge one) and other stuff like this. I really enjoy the generalstore at kamenka since this spawn is frustating as hell. 

Sorry for a confusing read in my post, been in a rush, since its christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!

To being with, Merry Christmas to you too :).

Now back to the topic. NWA airfield wouldn't be only high risk rewarding location. You forgot Zelenogorsk's military base, North East Airfield, Stary Sobor, the military base above NWA somewhere and the one somewhere in a random forest not far from Zelenogorsk. So it definately wouldn't hurt to remove military loot from Balota. After all, coast isn't supposed to be military area, that's what North is and that's what would encourage people move North.

I toled you my arguments.

Read them. I like it. I like that the coast is full of psychopaths.

I like that the coast is PVP area. Whats next? Remove NWA weapons because some people write they get KoSéd there?

I like it, I like that NWA is PVP area.

Hahahahahah.. no. Those are not arguments but stubborn excuses.

I´m out, that's not the level I want to argue with you.

Btw the KoS rate is so high because it is nothing to do atm.

I think the loot being in Balota is fine, you dont see nearly as many people running around cherno killing people as they are at Balota Airfield 

I think the loot being in Balota is fine, you dont see nearly as many people running around cherno killing people as they are at Balota Airfield 

Why would anyone go to cherno when you get can max gear in ~10mins.. 

kill or be killed. Simple as that.

.....by a guy with a basball cap and a fire extinguisher for loot no doubt. 

C045TK1LL3RZ 4 LYF

• Like 1

Zelenogorsk's military base, North East Airfield, Stary Sobor, 

There's no military loot at stary atm.. jus sayin

How about military loot getting removed? ;)

I remember Rocket's words before release of the alpha that weapons will be difficult to find. I hope they are still planning it. I'm tired of this screenshots ("selfies") of full equipped server-swappers. > :(

I dont think weapons should be difficult to find i just think they should be random so anyone can find them anywhere. That way you explore everywhere and finding loot comes down to luck more than just knowing where to go

Edit : It also means you would see people everywhere not just swarming around one location, it would also stop server swapping in an instant as there would just be no way of telling what you would find.

Edited by dayzhopeful
  • Like 3

Why would anyone go to cherno when you get can max gear in ~10mins.. 

Because there is a hospital. Oh we identify another dangerous zone.

Make hospital loot common in all houses. I saw someone get KoSéd at hospital yesterday.

I think its add a nice balance to the coast, makes it a lil bit more dangerous, plus they'll be more reasons to head north when more content comes

Crashed heli's and more militarized vehicles are both good starts. 

I dont think weapons should be difficult to find i just think they should be random so anyone can find them anywhere. That way you explore everywhere and finding loot comes down to luck more than just knowing where to go

Edit : It also means you would see people everywhere not just swarming around one location, it would also stop server swapping in an instant as there would just be no way of telling what you would find.

That would make gameplay much more interesting. The knowing where to go has to go! :P

Edited by Colonel-Wicked
  • Like 1

They should be hard to find. That's just realistic. Everyone doesn't have Glocks and M4's laying around in their houses.

The loot must stay. 

Reason is required for such a statement. Explain why.

That would make gameplay much more interesting. The knowing where to go has to go! :P

I like what you did there  :beans:

• Like 1

They should be hard to find. That's just realistic. Everyone doesn't have Glocks and M4's laying around in their houses.

no but entire blocks of aprtment are also not empty for christ sake, dont try and be pathetic and talk about realism with one thing while ignoring the hundreds of other unrealistic things because it benefits you. Not everyone is going to have a glock or an m4 laying around but if the zombie apocalypse were to hit then im pretty sure a lot of houses would have, i know mine would, would yours???

People die in random places when the world lands in shit so finding a gun in a house would not be unrealistic at all don't try and nitpick. And also my proposal would make the guns harder to find. What your saying is leave them in one place, whats hard about swapping servers until you find an m4 are u actually serious, if the guns were random you would have to look nopt just know whwere they are and also there is no point in server hopping because you never know where anything might be.

Its a good idea and your answer kind of proves it because that is the only thing you could say back.

Edited by dayzhopeful

they should put 10x more military loot there. it keeps all the knuckleheads in the south :)

• Like 2

no but entire blocks of aprtment are also not empty for christ sake, dont try and be pathetic and talk about realism with one thing while ignoring the hundreds of other unrealistic things because it benefits you. Not everyone is going to have a glock or an m4 laying around but if the zombie apocalypse were to hit then im pretty sure a lot of houses would have, i know mine would, would yours???

People die in random places when the world lands in shit so finding a gun in a house would not be unrealistic at all don't try and nitpick. And also my proposal would make the guns harder to find. What your saying is leave them in one place, whats hard about swapping servers until you find an m4 are u actually serious, if the guns were random you would have to look nopt just know whwere they are and also there is no point in server hopping because you never know where anything might be.

Its a good idea and your answer kind of proves it.

Wow, wow, calm your tits mate.

There's not even loot spawning in apartment blocks, so what are you on about? I doubt if a zombie apocalypse hit everyone would suddenly get weapons. Most of people would stick to melee weapons, improvised weapons and civilian weapons such as hunting rifles. Military are the ones who have all the AK's and M4's. People wouldn't go rushing to military bases to retrieve their weapons and then bring back to their apartment blocks. Common sense.

• Like 1

Wow, wow, calm your tits mate.

There's not even loot spawning in apartment blocks, so what are you on about? I doubt if a zombie apocalypse hit everyone would suddenly get weapons. Most of people would stick to melee weapons, improvised weapons and civilian weapons such as hunting rifles. Military are the ones who have all the AK's and M4's. People wouldn't go rushing to military bases to retrieve their weapons and then bring back to their apartment blocks. Common sense.

Agreed

Altering the map so that players are less likely to see each other is not a solution to reducing PvP. It just mean less player interaction.

Once the zombies are more formidable (better AI, larger numbers), players will see them as the larger threat and will be less likely to fight each other and more likely to form alliances to combat against zombies.

It will also finally provide a reason to not KOS as currently a lot of players see no tangible reason not to. Reason being fight could draw too much attention and the player may be of more assistance alive.

Altering the map so that players are less likely to see each other is not a solution to reducing PvP. It just mean less player interaction.

Once the zombies are more formidable (better AI, larger numbers), players will see them as the larger threat and will be less likely to fight each other and more likely to form alliances to combat against zombies.

It will also finally provide a reason to not KOS as currently a lot of players see no tangible reason not to. Reason being fight could draw too much attention and the player may be of more assistance alive.

I don't think KoS is much of a 'player interaction'. It's actually better for player encounters to be more rare. That way you get more of the thrill and ''that'' feeling (you know what I'm talking about if you played DayZ) when you come across a player. Constant coast PvP massacre isn't much of a player interaction as I already said.

The great thing about that airfield is that it is a magnet for bad guys. Good guys will run the gauntlet for some decent stuff, but they don't stick around. Bad guys will stay there and prey on unarmed players. That's the game, for them.

Therefore: Keep the airfield and the loot, and you keep the bad guys in a known and avoidable location. Remove the loot, and the bad guys will migrate.