ev0ls0ul

Admin Abuse on a few servers.

So I've been seeing a lot of servers with out proper names and just saying "WE WILL KICK YOU" even tho its a public server. If you join you'll notice they have between 2 and 6 people on most of them. The server seems to restart a lot and they kick anyone who joins who seems to not be with them. 

The first two servers here, are hosted by game servers. Cannot remember their names they had some stupid kick people message. Both of them are from gameservers.com

93.93.65.145:2302 
216.135.140.123:2302 

These others I could not find the host too but they are dumb enough to keep their state name in so its easy to spot them. I've joined
all of these servers and was promptly kicked. Not sure how to find their hosts.

66.55.158.68:2302 named Public Quebec 1
23.250.11.130:2302 named DayZ NY 3-577
108.62.228.218:2902 named Public Dayz ATL 3-487
8.6.77.100:2302 named public 1 unstable
63.211.221.118:2302 named 1 saltspring
63.211.221.130:2302 named 1 [iLL]

212.38.163.73:2302 named Dayz GB 1-169 

I-48 Central hosted by Mrsp (or Msrp)  https://www.youtube....QYUS0ZQ&index=1

The server name:
(Public/Veteran) - 1 DayZ (Public/Veteran) 113860 - Undead Umbr

The admin's name:
Rallyreaper

The server IP and port:
64.156.14.47:2302

Evidence/Proof:
https://www.youtube....h?v=64r_d_yc3PQ

Please post server's that have kicked you, proof would be good as well. So we can start a list of abusive servers. there may not be a blacklist implemented but we sure can start a community watch.

Edited by ev0ls0ul
  • Like 3

It is really not admin abuse it is just that they can't add passwords to their servers yet so they do this instead.

It is really not admin abuse it is just that they can't add passwords to their servers yet so they do this instead.

Oh but it is Admin abuse... Instead of not being able to lock their servers per the rules, they're using the kick function as a unintended lock. I would say most are using this to gear and then server hop which could be construed as an exploit. Bad Admins no matter how you slice it.

I've noticed more and more of these types or servers popping up, same with the 1 slot servers and 2 slot servers. I dont think hosting companies should even allow you to buy servers under 10 man. I mean what would you really do on a 5 man server lol. 

Afaik the commands are manually entered, there is no auto kick.

They can't really do much if they are constantly typing. Just putting that out there.

Yeah of course they are typing the kick commands, but that doesnt mean that maybe 2 or 3 other guys are not just looting the server while one or 2 guys are kicking people. 

Afaik the commands are manually entered, there is no auto kick.

They can't really do much if they are constantly typing. Just putting that out there.

It's still abuse and they're still assholes; private servers aren't implemented, so they can fuck off. I'm sorry for the harshness, but seriously, they can just fuck off; public server means PUBLIC SERVER.

• Like 17

i find that to be admin abuse for sure, just a poor mans way of trying to lock his server. Worthy topic, cheers for the heads up.

You can add

DayZ GB 1-169 - Is also kicking players, hes using the name Friendly fire -.-

You can now also add he plays annoying sounds in global if people still enter (probally gave up on kicking) And I know I could just join some other server but before I did judge someone I wanted to make sure I saw some other people getting kicked so it was not just me.

Would be nice if some of these servers could be blacklisted and disconnected from the public hive.

On Reddit someone actually claimed to have come across a "PVP = BAN" server.

• Like 1

Another reason why this public hive thing is garbage. Rocket should have just made a private hive scheme off the bat. The public hive is what almost killed Dayz. While they should just be testing the game because unless you force yourself to go explore and test things there is little to do, there is no private method to play the game. Can you imagine paying 90+ dollars a month for just a Dayz server? Insane.

Yes it it garbage and I have no idea why this public hive idea was ever kept, people will always find ways to hop and "boost" there characters on public hives. This is why private hives rule, the admin has full control, a abusive hopper cannot HOP because the character data is only saved to that specific server.

Also the stupid prices for a ALPHA server on Vilayer etc? Are you insane? I personally own a data center and I used to host many DayZ Mod privates hives on my own custom servers. I will never host a DayZ SA server until private hives can be used, and I can host the servers on my own dedicated server system.

Because my personal clan does not want anything to do with any public hive server, we just want a nice clean whitelisted/passworded private hive.

• Like 3

maybe they doing private loot cycle party

then going onto public server for fun times :|

• Like 1

maybe they doing private loot cycle party

then going onto public server for fun times :|

Exactly that's why, private hives need to be here sooner than later, they cant take there farmed loot up onto public hive servers that way.

• Like 1

Exactly that's why, private hives need to be here sooner than later, they cant take there farmed loot up onto public hive servers that way.

what need to happen is system for detect suspicious server restart and player kick rate and instant ban for admins who doing this shit >:(

• Like 2

what need to happen is system for detect suspicious server restart and player kick rate and instant ban for admins who doing this shit > :(

Such rules would annoy admins even more, paying enough at around 60.00 a month for a server you cant control. Adding even more rules to start spying on the admins who pay to run these servers would ultimately kill DayZ as nobody would be willing to host any servers.

• Like 2

Such rules would annoy admins even more, paying enough at around 60.00 a month for a server you cant control. Adding even more rules to start spying on the admins who pay to run these servers would ultimately kill DayZ as nobody would be willing to host any servers.

you crazy??? :huh:

only admin who having problem with this is cheater admin

and I say now this ;)

I don't give zero fuck what cheater admin feel >:(

• Like 8

Wow is this what you people worry about private servers. Rocket already stated the private files will be released when they know it wont mess with the public hive. I also do understand peoples frustration with the public hive just like in the mod it is used to exploit the game and rocket knows this but surely it is the only way to test the alpha fully other wise you are going to have thousands of people playing in password servers and not getting the fullest out of the game. Just my 2 cents and really and truly after playing 30+ hours on the public hive I would love to see a private hive because to be honest I find my self server hopping in the NW why because I can.  

• Like 2

No one is forcing you to rent the server, and the decent server admins are still in a vast majority so its nothing we have to worry about. This did happen when Dayz mod really become popular and people thought they could get away with anything because its "their" server. They shouted the same yet as you did and it still is/was going.

• Like 3

Its an alpha, and we're going to get wiped a thousand times over before release comes. What does admin abuse honestly matter at this point?

• Like 2

Are people forgetting that the admins that are kicking you from "THEIR" servers are paying something like £55 ($90) PER MONTH, for their own server? (40 Players).

They should be able to do what the hell they want if they're paying for it.

When you start contributing to their server running fees, you then have a say in what they do.

I haven't purchased a server of my own yet. The prices are high and with almost no control or say in the running of your server, it isn't worth it.
These people are simply using what they do have (#kick) to try and claim back the control they should have over their server. (What they're paying for).

Edited by KaMikaZeDaN
  • Like 3

Its an alpha, and we're going to get wiped a thousand times over before release comes. What does admin abuse honestly matter at this point?

If you let them abuse now, and no one does anything about it then they will see that no one cares and it will become a major problem down the line. Rather to stop it now than wait to see.

Are people forgetting that the admins that are kicking you from "THEIR" servers are paying something like £55 ($90) PER MONTH, for their own server? (40 Players).

They should be able to do what the hell they want if they're paying for it.

When you start contributing to their server running fees, you then have a say in what they do.

I haven't purchased a server of my own yet. The prices are high and with almost no control or say in the running of your server, it isn't worth it.

These people are simply using what they do have (#kick) to try and claim back the control they should have over their server. (What they're paying for).

Yeah they pay for it but they also have to understand there are rules to owning the server, and those rules clearly state you cannot kick players,ban players when they annoy you, kill you or your clan mates and you cannot loot cycle your server for hours safely then go to a populated server and pretend its all fine.

• Like 5

People get used to be able to get away with.

I hope these admins keep kicking players, because I'm gonna laugh when they get blacklisted from the hive. Then you guys can complain about how much money you lost and not about how much your spending. Read the rules you poor excuse for an admin. I'm fine with paying a sub and taking all such power away from you flakes.

Edited by Xer0graV
  • Like 5