ev0ls0ul

Admin Abuse on a few servers.

While I agree with you all if the game was out of alpha, I know that the people I play with want to be able to test gun damage and clothing resistance. The ability to lock a server and spawn gear should exist because we are testing. Database wipes should be occurring with each patch release and we should have the ability to thoroughly test each game mechanic. Right now it is difficult because the game is difficult (which is a good thing).

Would be nice if some of these servers could be blacklisted and disconnected from the public hive.

On Reddit someone actually claimed to have come across a "PVP = BAN" server.

My friend and I were on a "No PVP" server. There was definitely PVP going on. One guy was following my friend around and he asked him politely to go away...

"Or what?"

"Or I will shoot you."

"It's a PVE server."

"That won't make you less dead."

One poser (poster) mentioned nobody is forcing me to rent a server, what kind of argument is that? Where is the logic? I rent a server so I can have more control of my game time. Do I want it to always be dark? Maybe. How about I add more vehicle spawns, ok. My choices not yours, just at the moment I do not have them. I accept that, but I do not accept a kid like Woodland calling me an abuser of services. In the world I come from if someone does not want me somewhere and I choose to go, I know deep down I am looking for static. As this thread is full of those same people that cry foul when the food stamp money ran out because I decided to stop paying taxes so the administration can waste my hard earned money on useless leeches.

Assuming you were pointing towards me, Your renting the server on the conditions that they want you to follow now at this point, if you (everyone that is) don't agree with them you don't have to host a server under these conditions. I think you can do w/e you want on your server when they allow people to have private hives or allow you to have a private test server. 

Btw that naming calling and trying to make everyone look like some unemployment bunch of people doesn't make your pov any better.

You find more bugs/exploits by playing the game then trying to search for the bugs or exploits tbf.

Edited by Chauz

You people act like if there were private hives admins wont abuse the servers when it is quite the opposite. My last 5 experiences on private hives all ended with the admins spawning shit for themselves or using their abilities to destroy everyone elses experience and then bragging about it. It doesn't surprise me that admins are doing this because madmins and badmins will always find a way. 

While I agree with you all if the game was out of alpha, I know that the people I play with want to be able to test gun damage and clothing resistance. The ability to lock a server and spawn gear should exist because we are testing. Database wipes should be occurring with each patch release and we should have the ability to thoroughly test each game mechanic. Right now it is difficult because the game is difficult (which is a good thing).

lmao 

Yeah right. 

Developers are already performing these tests on their own private servers. Using "testing" as an excuse to spawn shit for yourselves is fucking hilarious. 

You sure as hell can kick someone out of your car, or lock the doors, turn it off and on as freely as you please.

Players with no interest in becoming an admin, or even care about the admins that really do try to make great servers, want everything locked down so that they can "use & abuse" the servers people provide. Excessive restrictions isn't a good thing, DayZ Mod public servers were left defenceless to abusive players and script kiddies because of these over the top server rules.

The reason 99% of DayZ Mod servers became private hives is because admins could do what the hell they wanted, it worked fantastically.

I ran three private hives from a dedicated server that I owned. The loading times were incredibly fast (even before they were improved), the servers ran without desync & lagg.

They were some of the cleanest, hacker free servers in the UK at the time because I had full control over everything, hackers didn't stand much of a chance (Occasional exceptions).

Players that played fair and legitimately had some of the best DayZ experiences they've ever had, thanks to private hives and their admins.

Give admins the control they need to make the server what they want it to be and you won't even notice them.

When you see a passworded server in the browser, you skip it, simple. Just like in every multi-player game you've ever played.

If you can't join in the first place, there's no admin booting you repetitively, no players reporting servers/admins.

If an admin doesn't want players on their server, so be it.

That server wouldn't be online without him/her, and it wouldn't be online if it was left to the complaining players to pay out monthly and admin it.

OK, how about a more fitting analogy.  You buy yourself a bus, to offer rides to the community. You buy your bus with your own hard earned money. The "RULES" of you actually driving your bus in the community state that you can not discriminate anyone that wishes to ride your bus, you can not limit the amount of people riding the bus, and you must keep the same routs/times every day. Yup you own the bus, you bought and paid for it. Right on. Then you decide that you no longer want blacks or women on your bus, and kick any of the off, or not let them board. At that point, you loose the ability to drive your bus in town. You own it, you have every right to kick people off the bus when ever you want. The consequences of that however, you are no longer welcome to drive your bus in town.

If you want the to drive the bus through town, you have to agree to the rules. If you don't want to agree to the rules, don't buy the bus. Honestly, how hard is that to understand?

I (almost) get your point. Almost, because it makes zero sense (no I really don't, as I can't wrap my head around it, I mean I can wrap my head around you wanting to change the rules after you agree to them, as much as that's just what children and sociopaths do). No matter how you wish to nuance your argument, it comes down to you're wanting to change the rules AFTER you agreed to them. That's what doesn't make sense.

• Like 2

We as players are NOT testing as per the definition of alpher testing. Sure from our own point of view, the words "We are testing an alpher game" is entirely accurate. However, we are NOT 'testing' the dev's are. We are simply working the mechanics. Testing guns, damage matrix, food, health etc, for the sake of our own knowledge (even if we share that info here on the forums) IS NOT what is meant by 'alpha testing' in the scope of 'early access testing'. All those parameters (gun food damage etc) are already known, and in and of themselves do not need 'tested' beyond the omnibus data collected by the dev's under THEIR DEFINED CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT! Your want or need for 'personal' tests are completely irrelevant, as they will NOT enhance the game for anyone but you.

Are people forgetting that the admins that are kicking you from "THEIR" servers are paying something like £55 ($90) PER MONTH, for their own server? (40 Players).

They should be able to do what the hell they want if they're paying for it.

When you start contributing to their server running fees, you then have a say in what they do.

I haven't purchased a server of my own yet. The prices are high and with almost no control or say in the running of your server, it isn't worth it.

These people are simply using what they do have (#kick) to try and claim back the control they should have over their server. (What they're paying for).

Yeah, they pay, fair point. So do me and my friends. Still does not give us the right to abuse the admin power for self gain and as also stated, its against the white listing rules!

• Like 1

The server name: 
(Public/Veteran) - 1 DayZ (Public/Veteran) 113860 - Undead Umbr

The admin's name: 
Rallyreaper

The server IP and port: 
64.156.14.47:2302

Evidence/Proof:

------

Had this up in a few other posts. Figured it should be organized somewhere.

------

Forgot to mention:

I-48 Central hosted by Mrsp (or Msrp) dont remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJUjwTkG9zw&list=UUYDcV0NNurLatL9YQYUS0ZQ&index=1

Echo was the person.

I've been on another server, I think it was an "IL - #" server, "Echo" appeared to be the admin. (ie: only person out of two not kicked)

I think this guy Echo is using current bugs or glitches to log himself in as admin.

Edited by BackDoorNoBaby

Now thats the devs have officially made a post about this subject I think it will clear all the misunderstandings up for the people who clearly think that renting a server is the same as buying something and owning it.  http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-server-reporting/ as the devs say, start emailing the ip's of all the servers to the hosts with proof and the reason and they will be taken down. Below are a few emails to the hosting companies that I have found that you can submit complaints to. Some have emails others I couldn't find. 

support@gameservers.com

Abuse@vilayer.com

http://www.gamingdeluxe.co.uk/contact-us

https://clients.fragnet.net/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=2

• Like 1

GB 3-344

3 players on the server - I've joine dthere with a friend to loot NWA and guess what? Kicked after a while. They wanted to loot it alone? psh...

cuz this asshole would show you what private space means real fast

And i would love to see that! You see, you made the classic mistake of trying to make yourself look 'ard' as fuck on the internet, a true example of internet hard man. Gobshite seems more appropriate to be honest.

• Like 2

Yeah they pay for it but they also have to understand there are rules to owning the server, and those rules clearly state you cannot kick players,ban players when they annoy you, kill you or your clan mates and you cannot loot cycle your server for hours safely then go to a populated server and pretend its all fine.

And its this reason here I for one will not even rent a server until I can add password or whitelist friends  ...to keep the asses off the server I pay for. I personally would love to see them implement something where characters that are created on a private server can't play on any other server, just to keep people from getting all worked up about admin abuse.

Many people who pay for private servers, do so that they can keep hackers and idiots out of the game they want to enjoy!

Test by Bb.

Edited by Femme Fatale
  • Like 1

And its this reason here I for one will not even rent a server until I can add password or whitelist friends  ...to keep the asses off the server I pay for. I personally would love to see them implement something where characters that are created on a private server can't play on any other server, just to keep people from getting all worked up about admin abuse.

Many people who pay for private servers, do so that they can keep hackers and idiots out the the game they want to enjoy!

Indeed, thats why Private hives are wonderful, it stops butthurt people thinking you are going to "gear up" and then move to a public hive, having control of your own hive like DayZ Mod is the way to go, and that character is saved ONLY to that private servers SQL Database (Thats what the hive is, just a MYSQL database) I will not host a server for DAYZ until I can do that, I am not getting ripped off by Vilayer etc when I can host perfectly on my own physical dedicated blade servers. These "public hive" bound servers are a joke, paying 60.00+ a month for something you dont control or cannot password is outrageous.

• Like 4

Everyones crying

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/62195-server-hosting-rules-updated-3009/

16. Private Hives are allowed however we may not be able to help with problems relating to them, any issues you have with these servers should be reported to the server owner.

NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS OR WHAT SERVICE PROVIDER YOUR WITH THESE ARE THE RULES PLEASE ABIDE BY THEM. 

When you guys get jobs, rent a server, you'll see this message posted in the Admin Box. 

And yeah, I realize that that link posts to the Day Z Mod page in these forums, but that is the link for rules to follow by Gameservers.

Edited by GCCASH

the admin for the server 66.55.158.76:2302   sickness 9 is abusing his kick and restart function. Hes kicking everyone from server and restarting server just so he can refresh his loot. this and similar outcomes need to be addressed.

Everyones crying

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/62195-server-hosting-rules-updated-3009/

16. Private Hives are allowed however we may not be able to help with problems relating to them, any issues you have with these servers should be reported to the server owner.

NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS OR WHAT SERVICE PROVIDER YOUR WITH THESE ARE THE RULES PLEASE ABIDE BY THEM. 

When you guys get jobs, rent a server, you'll see this message posted in the Admin Box. 

And yeah, I realize that that link posts to the Day Z Mod page in these forums, but that is the link for rules to follow by Gameservers.

I see them only renting out DayZ Public servers. The private part is there but you cant select that atm for the SA when you purchase it. So I don't think you could all the sudden turn it private without GS locking down your gameserver, because when you bought it you were getting connected to the hive.

• Like 1

I see them only renting out DayZ Public servers. The private part is there but you cant select that atm for the SA when you purchase it. So I don't think you could all the sudden turn it private without GS locking down your gameserver, because when you bought it you were getting connected to the hive.

Exactly , I think that person got the wrong idea. There is currently NO Private Server / Private Hive support, only the DayZ Mod version supports such things.

Yes currently making a server private, even though you pay 60.00 70.00 a month (for a server you cannot even kick people from and have 0 access to a server you dammn well pay a lot for), your server would stay hosted sure, but you are at risk of having the server blacklisted from accessing the DayZHiveServlet HTTPS page. "DBLoadHost host: https://dz.bistudio.com:8443/DayZServlet/."

The ServLet on that HTTPS tunnel is a SQL Redirect, most likely to multiple databases on the same or different MYSQL hosts. If you can make your own, bam, private hives are a go. 

Edited by Xelpherpolis
  • Like 1

to the people that say the reason private hives became popular because they could do anything they wanted with it is mostly a lie, they became popular because of hackers, private hives allowed the admin to monitor their servers better and allowed them to clearly see who was hacking and who was not. I hate admins that used private hives to create "admins areas", spawn loot & cars, it ruined the whole experience. In my opinion for private hives, the admin should have NO database access. but it would be close to impossible to do such a thing.

Its an alpha, and we're going to get wiped a thousand times over before release comes. What does admin abuse honestly matter at this point?

It matters cos others are getting cheated by these scum, We dont mind a player wipe cos that is for the game, But not from cheating scum

(Public/Veteran) - 1 DayZ (Public/Veteran) OB MEMBERS ONLY

8.6.15.37:2302

kicking anyone not in the "OB" clan.  
Server admin is {Brahmin 2}Gator
http://steamcommunity.com/id/gavinw56

Server name should be proof enough.
Could be wrong but I think this is a gameservers.com hosted server.

95.141.40.61:2302
(Public/Veteran) - 1 COME = KICK ANND BAN

Nuff said ^^

Everyones crying

First off, those rules are just copy-pasta for DayZ mod servers.

There are NO PRIVATE HIVE servers in DayZ SA right now.

Notice how it says (Public) next to all these servers that are kicking/banning anyone who joins their server?  That means it's Public.

Kicking people to lock your server down is against the rules?  Don't believe me?  Then believe the GMs and the people whose servers are getting shut down.

SmashT said:

"Alright, this is quite a hot topic at the moment so we thought we should give the community an update. 

Eight servers have been shut down over the last week, and no more than 14 servers have violated any specific rules. 14 out of over 1100 servers (depending on load). Servers are caught and shut down as rapid as can be expected during Christmas. They come, and they go and they are being dealt with. GSPs deal with it, and most if not all have some sort of warning about locking or passwording."

Also, just for extra funsies here's a couple more to add to the ever-growing list if anyone actually cares.  Just because you're renting a server doesn't mean the rules don't apply to you.

Yeah, I'd like for server admins to have more options right now and the ability to host private servers but they don't.  They have public servers, and if they're hosting a public server they should be abiding by the rules for public servers.

It seems most of these problems are occuring with these "1 DayZ" servers, which I'm pretty sure are gameservers.com servers.

(Public/Veteran) - 1 DayZ (Public/Veteran) OB MEMBERS ONLY

8.6.15.37:2302

kicking anyone not in the "OB" clan.  
Server admin is {Brahmin 2}Gator
http://steamcommunity.com/id/gavinw56

Server name should be proof enough.

95.141.40.61:2302
(Public/Veteran) - 1 COME = KICK ANND BAN

Nuff said ^^

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

I am sorry for my language. But why the fuck are there only fucking kids playing this game?

Looking at most comments I feel the need to punch a wall. How dense and idiotic are most of you guys?

"He is a cheater admin" "He will most likely restart to get stuff and server hop and own" "OMG ITS AGAINST THE RULES"

Well, we would NOT have this problem, if people could use.. Uhm I don't know... PRIVATE HIVES?

Public hives is one of the most idiotic ideas EVER.

And saying that these "admins" cheat, is just being a fucking idiot.

If you pay 30 Euro's for A game.. (DayZ) and you pay fucking 60 Euro's A MONTH for a server on said game.

You WOULD expect you could actually do shit. Seeing YOU PAY, so you should be able to admin?

But no.

Don't think that people cheat just because they want a fucking private server.

The reason I think people saying that these admins are cheaters are kids is simple.

Everyone who has a slightly functional brains could understand that sometimes, some people who pay 60 Euro's a month for a fucking server would like to be able to administrate them?

And sure, you can easily say "Well, private hives aren't here yet so FUCK YOU!"

Well, That is true.

The DayZ crew (Dean Hall) clearly didn't think it through, if he did, we would have private hives.

So, instead of trying to pull down servers, mr. Dean Hall the millionair should think about getting the private hives and shit ready.

But this is not an attack on the creators of the game in anyway.

I respect Dean Hall, but I seriously hope, he will think about the people playing the game, and not ways to earn more cash.

TL;DR:

If you hate "cheating admins" fuck you

Dean Hall should rush private hives so people can finally have their own server

• Like 5

*SNIP*

I agree. Why pay that much money for something I have almost no control over? I'd sooner donate that money to charity than rent a server now.

• Like 1

It's still abuse and they're still assholes; private servers aren't implemented, so they can fuck off. I'm sorry for the harshness, but seriously, they can just fuck off; public server means PUBLIC SERVER.

Why dont you quit being a fuckin baby and JOIN A DIFFERENT SERVER?! Whiney liitle children

I hate to say it but it doesn't seem like there's been any abuse, just attempts to keep you off a private server that had no password. I can understand where you're coming from, but at the end of the day if I pay for my own server, i'll allow and kick whoever I please.

If they had rolled back, murdered you, stole your loot then kicked you - i'd call abuse.

• Like 2