Sign in to follow this  
dgeesio

Why has no trains been added to dayz?

does seem a bit strange , how epic would it be to jump on a train and ride round the map ? maybe go through the train looking for loot, bandits or no fire policy maybe zombies aboard.

there are so many gameplay aspects that a moving train could add from travel to getting it working .

you have tracks every where all over the map so why no moving trains?

• Like 1

Hello there

It has been done in the past, but did not work well.

TBH its not easy to keep a train in running order with no power and little knowledge.

It would be interesting though.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Would be fun if there will be a way to repair/drive/ride a train, but finding that amound of feul to power a train...

I admit it could be fun, but from a role play point of view it would not be logical. Most of population is supposed to be dead (well... undead actually :D) so there are no reasons that such difficult to run public transportation would be working.

However, on the far north east of the map, there is a nice (but static) train station to visit (don't think it was in the mod)

How many train engineers do you know in real life. I don't know any. Besides traveling down the coast doesn't seem much fun to me.

there are many steam places near me in real life and it doesnt take teams of people to keep those working. 2 people can manage and maintain one .

How many train engineers do you know in real life. I don't know any. Besides traveling down the coast doesn't seem much fun to me.

lol

do u even train bro?

Edited by ritual
  • Like 1

Push carts or something NEED to be implemented, transport and finding friends on the coast is so hard and it would help that a lot. It would also be the most epic thing ever if there were like 1 or 2 steam trains that you could hijack/fight over.. OMG and i think horses would be cool as fk, but that's just me.

omg.

watch end credits.

• Like 1

I know when we tried to add a train to our server on the mod it caused HEAVY frames issues and it liked to fly around and spin..

The helicopter crash sites were cool, but how about active crashes?  Like some anonymous military jet comes screaming out of the sky and slams into the ground.   A helicopter that suddenly starts spiriling out of control and slams into a building?  Some rare but badly damaged loot?

• Like 1

Has no one seen the vast coincidence?

Watch the credits!

"he" has been among us!

• Like 1

Watch the credits!

"he" has been among us!

I watched it :P choo choo!!

• Like 1

Isnt that damn weird?

Its a sign!!

The Hype train exists! And **I** found it!

Surely, I am the chosen one!

L

• Like 2

Watch the credits!

"he" has been among us!

Nice catch, thats actually kinda cool.

I actually know one! He works for Burlington North, but then again I used to live in a town with a train repair facility. 

There are trains on the map, not moving. You can even climb into the boxcars. Get off the coast. ;)

• Like 1

Would be funny to power it up from the station and then have to run to catch it while its starts.

But it could be a fun bandit mission to jack the train from someone, or control the main trainstation so you can turn the power on/off.

One Train in DayZ Standalone

BcL7I_8CYAQ5u56.jpg

Sadly not enterable or operable (yet?) although you can get in some of the cars, I think I even found loot in one.

Edited by Pants!