lev

Third person view removal from SA discussion

you ignore the fact that 3rd person always was part of the game and it was always a personal choice which one you want to use. so why change that?

just because YOU (and some others) think that 1st person is so much more gaming experience, you want to remove 3rd person for EVERYBODY.

you want to force other players to play it your way, because you think it's the only way it should be and other opinions are "stupid".

that's just bullshit and pure childish behavior.

It was always there, yes. Probably it was always built into Arma as a means of making it easier for players not skilled enough to deal with first person only. It's a crutch. An aide. Like support wheels on a bicycle. You should get rid of those as soon as you can or you never will learn how to ride a bike as it should be.

In the real world anybody in full posession of his human capabilites using support wheels to ride a bike would be laughed at. To sad using 3rd person view in DayZ has become a common thing.

There might be many ways in doing a certain thing, but if there are others involved you have to find one that works without fucking up the ways of those others. Like in traffic for example. You need to stick to the rules or bad things happen. You can't just do what you want or what is more comfortable to you. Or in competitive sports as I used earlier as an example. If there'd be certain rules removed, like offsides in soccer/football, the game would be changed quite dramatically to something nobody would like to watch anymore. So enforcing rules and by that keeping people from playing as they want to is not that bad as you guys like to make it for the purpose of having it your way.

The people don't want FP only. That's just the fact of it as nobody ever plays those servers. 

• Like 2

This thread is certainly more amusing than the other one now, carry on :)

The people don't want FP only. That's just the fact of it as nobody ever plays those servers. 

Not correct. The MAJORITY of players does not want FP only. The majority of this majority would still play DayZ if 3rd person would be removed.

Not correct. The MAJORITY of players does not want FP only. The majority of this majority would still play DayZ if 3rd person would be removed.

True.

Remove third person view servers and the players would complain for about a week.

After about a week they would just join first person view servers and play and guess what the gameplay would be better for it.

Let us not forget this glorious video.

• Like 1

Yeah, Rocket really missed an opportunity here with leaving 3rd person as it was for SA.

Yeah, Rocket really missed an opportunity here with leaving 3rd person as it was for SA.

He can still remove it across all servers during the testing stages and see what results because of it.

Social experiment if you will.

When he removes it he should use it to gauge  public opinion but more importantly how it affects in game combat.

Problem with dslysexy's video is that he doesn't bring anything new to this discussion. He just passionately repeats the same old and tired arguments over and over again, but then again Dslyxesisxi doesn't even play DayZ. Unlike DayZ first person players, he has helped build up an active first person community, which means they have no problem filling up their first person servers. 

What Real Virtuality does so great is, it allows server administrators to dictate their own specific difficulty settings, which means Shacktac servers can disable disable third person view, because they prefer to play without it, but still keep crosshairs enabled, because many of them play with Tracker IR.

• Like 1

Problem with dslysexy's video is that he doesn't bring anything new to this discussion. He just passionately repeats the same old and tired arguments over and over again, but then again Dslyxesisxi doesn't even play DayZ. Unlike DayZ first person players, he has helped build up an active first person community, which means they have no problem filling up their first person servers. 

What Real Virtuality does so great is, it allows server administrators to dictate their own specific difficulty settings, which means Shacktac servers can disable disable third person view, because they prefer to play without it, but still keep crosshairs enabled, because many of them play with Tracker IR.

What new is there to be said. He breaks down both sides of the argument in a clean and concise manner and proves how TPV has no place in any adversarial game modes within arma and dayz.

Nothing new has to be brought forth the video does well enough to convince people that TPV needs to be removed.

Simple question: If you can't even convince first person players to play on first person severs, how are you going to convince third person players?

Third person view isn't going to be removed. It's simply impossible. You can't remove the most popular feature in DayZ, which has been advertised both on the Steam sales page and in official developer blogs, you certainly can't remove it after selling +600,000 copies. I understand, you're obsessed with this hypothetical idea, but... it's... not... going.. to... happen. 

What's going to happen.

Is that you guys probably very soon, will be able to enforce first person servers on the servers you decide to operate and then the big question is, if you guys have what it takes to sustain these servers. One thing is to tell everyone about how hardcore realistic you are on the servers, another thing is to actually keep these servers full. 

I personally think, you're going to have a difficult time filling enough first person servers to have enough of an impact. I also think you're making a mistake separating the first and third person hives. Me, I could care less about first person hives, but if you're asking first person players to make a permanent decision about their choice, I think many will prefer playing on the massive third person hive, rather than on a first person hive, that only allows you to share your character progress on very limited servers.

Simple question: If you can't even convince first person players to play on first person severs, how are you going to convince third person players?

You don't you force them to.

Rust did the same thing recently.

It completely removed third person view because it allowed players to peek around and above cover.

The game is in alpha and even if it was released no feature or game mode is guaranteed.

You don't have to force the FPV-Advocates. You just need to provide a decent environment. The problem is the "I need 3rd person view" folks which suck in entire groups.

We need to give us, the FPV lovers, some more gravity. I thought exactly this was the point of this thread. We need to organize and bunch up against that black hole of indifference.

He can still remove it across all servers during the testing stages and see what results because of it.

Social experiment if you will.

When he removes it he should use it to gauge  public opinion but more importantly how it affects in game combat.

He won't remove it. He already stated that. He promised however to fix 3rd person view.

Can't do that in DayZ, sorry.

Why not ?

Anything can be removed or added without notice.

He won't remove it. He already stated that. He promised however to fix 3rd person view.

Fixing by removal.

Or

The only way to fix third person view is to fix the camera from the front so it shows only the front of your character .

The-Elder-Scrolls-5-Skyrim4.jpg

CSMGg9v.png

pe3zQOj.png

4lkRaFx.png

Psychic abilities

Edited by Frell
  • Like 11

People have come to rely on this crutch.

Devs should just forcefully remove it just like rust did for the better of everyone.

Remove it so the game improves.

• Like 14

People have come to rely on this crutch.

Devs should just forcefully remove it just like rust did for the better of everyone.

Remove it so the game improves.

I agree, removing it early on will cause less of a backlash. It just doesn't fit.

Because people like it? It's still a game.

First person servers will come. I don't see what there is to discuss.

Splitting everyone up waters down the player base. Force everyone into first person and its better.

Edited by Frell
  • Like 5

First person SUCKS in this game. Especially people with lower than 60FPS.

Its so floaty, mouse acceleration, motion blur. It all makes first person Un-appealing.

• Like 2

Lol, third person has been used since Operation Flashpoint. Everyone has it so you just need to use it to your advantage just like any other thing. Pretend  you have a stick with a mirror attached to it. 

The game is based off the mod, in the mod there was 3rd person, they just can't remove something that's been there for such a long time.
Don't like it? wait till there's 1st person only servers.

You can do 1000000000th forum posts, I believe Rocket said they weren't going to remove 3rd person, just make 1st person only servers.

also, there is already like a thousand topics about this, nothings going to change.

I agree, removing it early on will cause less of a backlash. It just doesn't fit.

Splitting everyone up waters down the player base. Force everyone into first person and its better.

Absolutely at the very least remove it to test it out in the alpha.

Social experiment if you will remove it unitl they can fix it or remove it to get public feedback .

Rocket stated a while ago the only reason we have 3RD is because real life eyesight is like 180 degrees, which you can't archieve in a firstperson game (unless you use three screens lol)

I agree the game would be far more interesting with firstperson though, but you can't hate the game for having thirdperson. I lost the post Rocket made at that time, but it was very clear why we have thirdperson, he had many valid points in there.

• Like 1