Ozelot (DayZ)

Better music.

Is there going to be better music for the SA than there was for the mod? I found the background music for the mod incredibly boring and honestly out of place.

There needs to be more of an ambient mood going on, not that obnoxious cacophony that there was before. Right now there is no music so will something be added?

• Like 1

I doubt anything they come up with will live up to your standards, so just turn the ingame music off and put a cd on.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 4

music = bird and zombie noises

Edited by kiwi12
  • Like 2

I dount anything they come up with will live up to your standards, so just turn the ingame music off and put a cd on.

lololololol I was thinking the same thing.

The mod ambient sound was great but I turned it off.

I don´t know someone turning it on. Not worth the work.

The official word from Mr.R was that there will be no ambient music. The beautiful silence of the wilderness is your soundtrack. I don't mind. The music was distracting and it took away from my situational awareness. 

• Like 3

I doubt anything they come up with will live up to your standards, so just turn the ingame music off and put a cd on.

Namalsk has a sweet track.

Stop complaining so much.

The official word from Mr.R was that there will be no ambient music. The beautiful silence of the wilderness is your soundtrack.

Mr.R is gold.

Namalsk has a sweet track.

Stop complaining so much.

I was just saying you have high standards, because you are used to the finer things. Then I gave some sound advice, but in a humble way, as I know my place in the order of things.

Don't ever change Ozelot.

On a (way) more serious note, I too turned the mod's music off right from the start. I don't think we need music in the SA, it takes away from the experience in my opinion.

• Like 3

On a (way) more serious note, I too turned the mod's music off right from the start. I don't think we need music in the SA, it takes away from the experience in my opinion.

I was thinking the same thing. The music in the mod sucked but I doubt there would have been anything they could have put in that I would have left turned on. The distraction is just too high. Except maybe if CCR Fortunate Son started playing anytime you took off in a helicopter.

Shoot, it must just come down to taste. I fucking loved the soundtrack, and I really hope they source the same artist to do some new music for the SA, or just stick with the mod score. Bleak menacing ambient for the win. After playing the mod for a long time, hearing those songs makes chemicals move around in my brain.

• Like 1

I don't think they should add music. If they did add it I would just turn it off in the options. I need to hear everything in my surroundings when I play.

I honestly loved the Mod's soundtrack, and I want it back for SA. I absolutely LOVED it.

Add it. I loved it but often turned it off. For those that hate it just turn it off. Simple