carokann

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO TEST DAYZ!

find a well and drink a lot. then find something to open cans and eat a lot. (IMO) at the moment, dealing with your initial thirst and hunger should be your first priority

• Like 1

The game is more boring once you stabilize your needs. At this stage if getting bored is what you're worried about maybe put it down until more improvements are implemented. Once you get your rifle and basic gear only there is not much beyond that at this point aside from fucking with or helping other players.

• Like 1

First of all, don't use Caps.

Dude, I am now full of gear/food/water/weapons, and I am good to go, I drank from a well, I dont get Status Spam, dont worry.

The OP has failed at testing the most basic function of the game, satisfying your characters initial state of bieng hungry and thirsty. 

You need to eat and drink until he says "my stomach is full" and you will be good to go for over an hour. Hitting the "i feel satisfied" mark is ~25% of what you can actually eat. This information is all over the forums and the DayZ wiki. Do some research before complaining that something is broken when you are infact just "doing it wrong".

Have you sprinted a couple of hundred meters? .. Whenever you Sprint, constantly check your clothings in the Inventory. As soon they are "damp" (wet due to your sweat) .. you can catch yourself a cold or whatnot.

Are you purifying your water?  I bet you aren't, you silly poop water drinking man. 

And actually the scale for getting hungry/thirsty is pretty well done considering the scale of the game.   The problem is, which I don't think everyone realizes, is that unlike the mod, eating one bit of food and taking one swig of water doesn't replenish your thirst and hunger meters to 100%.  They go up in increments.

Thats why people end up getting thirsty every 5 minutes, because they're only eating/drinking enough to stave off the feeling (30% to 35% iirc), and then running for 5 minutes, basically burning up that entire bit of food or drink in one go. 

When you're completely full on both meters, you could actually go for a solid hour or so before its completely necessary to drink or eat again, and thats if you jog with minimal sprinting.  That could double if you're one of those types who likes to walk and not run everywhere. 

Which leads me to another little tip.  Just because you're screen is telling you you're thirsty doesn't mean you need to start drinking immediately.  Just like it was in the mod, its still recommened to let yourself get closer to the red (I think the indicators turn orange? if they do, thats when you should drink) before you consume anything.  That way you get the most out of your supplies without getting unreasonably close to starvation or dehydration. 

• Like 1

Im currently surviving up north quite comfortably with a healthy character pretty much geared up. It can be a little tricky to begin with but once you learn to understand the system its quite easy. Stay away from coastal towns and head inland. Find a well and tap F until it says your stomach is stuffed, you may think that satisfying your thirst is enough but you can eat and drink untill you are full (you can eat ALOT maybe to much but this will probably be tweaked later). While you are full your blood will replenish and you will stand a much better chance of fighting infection.

Also drink from wells rather than ponds as the water is clean, Unless you purify the water in a container. This will help avoid sickness aswell as cleaning any wounds you have with alcohol that can be found, but after doing this it states that you character is sick, but only untill your wounds feel better.

Im currently surviving up north quite comfortably with a healthy character pretty much geared up. It can be a little tricky to begin with but once you learn to understand the system its quite easy. Stay away from coastal towns and head inland. Find a well and tap F until it says your stomach is stuffed, you may think that satisfying your thirst is enough but you can eat and drink untill you are full (you can eat ALOT maybe to much but this will probably be tweaked later). While you are full your blood will replenish and you will stand a much better chance of fighting infection.

Also drink from wells rather than ponds as the water is clean, Unless you purify the water in a container. This will help avoid sickness aswell as cleaning any wounds you have with alcohol that can be found, but after doing this it states that you character is sick, but only untill your wounds feel better.

Are you certain that the wells are completely clean? I seriously can't realize when to drink and when not to. The people i've played with always got sick from drinking water while I never got so. I've drank from both sources, but mainly the wells. Yersteday my cousin got sick by drinking from a pond.

Ive not yet got sick from a well and I always fill my stomach at them and drink unpure, but I always purify pond water but I guess there could be a chance, im just talking from my experience with the game cant confirm it but id assume well water to be cleaner then pond water right?

In my experience well water IS much, much cleaner than regular pond or river water.  However, I can confirm that you can get sick from drinking it (as I had one play through where I literally only drank from wells (as that's all I ever came across) and I ended up getting sick).  So, if you can, purify.  If you can't, well water is a mostly safe bet. 

what the process for purifying water anyway? put fill your canteen, and put the tabs in there? can we boil water with the gas burner and pot?

Edited by daze23

I´m almost 100% sure that well water is pure at this point. I´ve done numerous drinkathons, with new characters, old characters, and nearly everywhere on the map (not every well mind you).

There might be mechanic where you get sick if another sick person was on well before you, but i haven´t gotten sick from well in cherno or other coast locations, so i doubt.

what the process for purifying water anyway? put fill your canteen, and put the tabs in there? can we boil water with the gas burner and pot?

Yep, fill the canteen (or water bottle) and put the tabs in.  I think it may be bugged however, as doing so uses up all the tabs in that slot you dragged over, rather than in increments. 

I'm sure we'll eventually be able to boil water, but so far I've been unable to, even with all the necessary tools. 

• Like 1

there is no guarantee of survival!

:facepalm:

Everything else... #Alpher. You are testing an unfinished product. The fact that you are able to play the game at all clearly demonstrates that it is indeed possible to test the game. You are able to connect to a server are you not?

Edited by SalamanderAnder

I also agree that, if wells are not clean, there should be a bigger water container, as for getting a 100% of non thiristy state you have to drink a lot of times. Downloading the water into a canteen with a few uses, applying water purification tabs, drinking all of the canteen then repeating about five times would be like a "DRINKING SIMULATOR 2014" thing. Maybe with buckets in the future you could easily fill it in a well, drink straight from it and get fully hydratated from it, while also consuming more tabs and way more space than the regular canteens.

How the F are people getting sick and unhealthy so much? I've been sick once, because I mistakenly ate a rotten banana. Luckily I had anti-biotic's and vitamins. I was lacking water, I only had soda. I kept myself well fed, paced myself (Jog/run intervals) and I got better not to long after a few rounds of anti's and vitamins. It's all about your pace when your sick. Don't over exert. 

How the F are people getting sick and unhealthy so much? I've been sick once, because I mistakenly ate a rotten banana. Luckily I had anti-biotic's and vitamins. I was lacking water, I only had soda. I kept myself well fed, paced myself (Jog/run intervals) and I got better not to long after a few rounds of anti's and vitamins. It's all about your pace when your sick. Don't over exert. 

Its almost like the game is realistic or something. 

It's inevitable not get sick in the game and stay unconscious consequently, even taking antibiotics, disinfecting wounds, taking vitamins, drinking water, eating fruits and using bandages, all pristine! Yet the character still gets sick. The time it takes to feel thirst and hunger are also very very quick, a matter of minutes. The game is resuming in an uncontrolled search water, food and medical kits and even then there is no guarantee of survival! I wonder if this fix will be made ​​in a next update?

I know that in a disaster, food, water and medicines are plenty of reasons to be cast in a relentless search of supplies and even kill somebody to pick up! But I also know that an adult human being in good shape can live 2-3 days without drinking water until it begins to dehydrate and have some sort of problem and issue of food, there are cases of people who have managed to stay up 30 days without food. Since the game wants to get closer to reality, could take this into consideration!

"And before some joker says...", No! I see no reason to use the key RESPAWN! This is a fix that should be corrected as quickly as possible or the game will become boring!

Thanx!

It sounds like you're new to DayZ.  You may want to give this a quick read:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156472-survivors-guide-to-dayz-sa/

It's inevitable not get sick in the game and stay unconscious consequently, even taking antibiotics, disinfecting wounds, taking vitamins, drinking water, eating fruits and using bandages, all pristine! Yet the character still gets sick. The time it takes to feel thirst and hunger are also very very quick, a matter of minutes. The game is resuming in an uncontrolled search water, food and medical kits and even then there is no guarantee of survival! I wonder if this fix will be made ​​in a next update?

I know that in a disaster, food, water and medicines are plenty of reasons to be cast in a relentless search of supplies and even kill somebody to pick up! But I also know that an adult human being in good shape can live 2-3 days without drinking water until it begins to dehydrate and have some sort of problem and issue of food, there are cases of people who have managed to stay up 30 days without food. Since the game wants to get closer to reality, could take this into consideration!

"And before some joker says...", No! I see no reason to use the key RESPAWN! This is a fix that should be corrected as quickly as possible or the game will become boring!

Thanx!

Can u please show me how u do that ? becaurse i have no problem surviving i actully find it to easy atm. 

Its almost like the game is realistic or something. 

Duuuuuur huuuuur. I'm a sarcastic douche. I was implying people aren't taking care of themselves properly. Like I said, i've been sick once, and resolved it fairly quickly with smart playing. 

Duuuuuur huuuuur. I'm a sarcastic douche. I was implying people aren't taking care of themselves properly. Like I said, i've been sick once, and resolved it fairly quickly with smart playing. 

I was agreeing with you.