rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Please fix the broken leg syndrome next patch.Remove it till you find a good workaround PLZZZ. Lost so many characters to this while running away up hills and slowing down/speeding up etc.

+100. Also spawn more vehicles. Only cheaters and clan member have them. And they also cheat storing the off maps. Pathetic.

I think it's hilarious how many people think broken legs mean they have to respawn. :)

Dude sorry' date=' but are you retarded ? Do I have to crawl for DAYS to the nearest hospital / tent ? You THAT stupid ?

[/quote']

How many times a day do you die? 200 times?

I'll crawl to a freaking hospital looking for morphine if I have to, I wouldn't hit respawn with a bunch of gear on me..

Please fix the broken leg syndrome next patch.Remove it till you find a good workaround PLZZZ. Lost so many characters to this while running away up hills and slowing down/speeding up etc.

+100. Also spawn more vehicles. Only cheaters and clan member have them. And they also cheat storing the off maps. Pathetic.

I think it's hilarious how many people think broken legs mean they have to respawn. :)

Dude sorry' date=' but are you retarded ? Do I have to crawl for DAYS to the nearest hospital / tent ? You THAT stupid ?

[/quote']

No, you're stupid. You think the game needs more vehicles? I have found SO many by myself.

He didn't say you had to crawl, if you had morphine you could be up straight away, and crawling is an option, it doesn't take DAYS it takes about 20-30 minutes.

Took me about an hour when I did it. It wasn't so bad. Really, the best thing to do is not wait until you break your leg to go looking for morphine.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure you know.

Took me about an hour when I did it. It wasn't so bad. Really' date=' the best thing to do is not wait until you break your leg to go looking for morphine.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure you know.

[/quote']

Where did you find it? The only ones I found were in hospitals since 1.7.1.

Indeed. I found it in the hospital in Berezino.

Indeed. I found it in the hospital in Berezino.

Well, that's the problem. The chance to get in an out without any contact is verly small. I have one morphine and I will try not to get my bones broken until 1.7.2 finally is out.

BTW, anyone who claims that morphine should be only in hospitals. But guns can be anywhere? This makes little sense. ^^

Well' date=' that's the problem. The chance to get in an out without any contact is verly small.

[/quote']

True, especially when you are crawling. Which is why I felt like such a badass when I pulled it off, got out, and got fully healed again :)

Well' date=' that's the problem. The chance to get in an out without any contact is verly small.

[/quote']

True, especially when you are crawling. Which is why I felt like such a badass when I pulled it off, got out, and got fully healed again :)

The last time I had a contact (which means players not zombies... seriously who cares for zombies anyway?) I killed 4 people and my friend died during that. Much more fun pulling that off, one of the most intense moments in DayZ for me.

Gun spawn should be nerfed ^__^

Agree, except for low end pistols and maybe the double-barreled shotgun.

The last time I had a contact (which means players not zombies... seriously who cares for zombies anyway?) I killed 4 people and my friend died during that. Much more fun pulling that off' date=' one of the most intense moments in DayZ for me.

[/quote']

Well sure, but to me DayZ is about more than just running around and shooting guns.

It's about hopelessness, and desperation. The futility of existence, and the irrational will to persevere against all odds.

I got my leg broken in a firefight to begin with, so the desperate crawl to the hospital was just icing on the cake. The guy shot and injured me. I killed him, and managed to live anyway.

yES IT JUST HAS SOEMTHING THATS HARD TO DESCRIBE BUT SO EASY TO feel.I purchased A2 and played for a week.OA was another week.Project reality was bad ass but to be honest I hate the military mindset and had players yelling at me over voice chat to do this and that.DayZ is something else though.hard to descibe but easy to feel. ;)

Seriously though where is this update. At the very least Rocket could just leave a post here saying how its going so far.

Seriously though where is this update. At the very least Rocket could just leave a post here saying how its going so far.

That'd be nice, since I've been having indescribably bad framerate issues since anything past 1.7.1.

he said it allready, just search for posts of rocket and you know whats going on.

its 10sec. of searching...

he said it allready' date=' just search for posts of rocket and you know whats going on.

[/quote']

You sir are a troll. The last thing rocket posted about was adding in Arma x support.

he said it allready' date=' just search for posts of rocket and you know whats going on.

[/quote']

You sir are a troll. The last thing rocket posted about was adding in Arma x support.

And you are an idiot.

'Last online, yesterday'.

Hes alive and well. Quit yer bitch'n

[/quote']

And you are an idiot.

'Last online, yesterday'.

Hes alive and well. Quit yer bitch'n

And your sir are a even bigger idiot.

Rocket is not dead, I'm specifically talking about a status update on when the patch will be ready.

[/quote']

Let's see, shall we?

I will deal with wire fences in the update.

Failed closed testing on some issues' date=' working on them now. I personally think the infected behavior is much better, but we'll need to see how it goes with people to see what further balancing it needs. I'm noticing a much better performance, anyway.

[/quote']

Fancy slowing down the animations of the zeds a bit? They're so fast that it appears jittery it seems. Also making them run directly at you in a straight line instead of zig-zagging would be cool.

That will be happening' date=' possibly along with infected running inside buildings. Again, this all needs huge amounts of testing and I am reluctant to fuck up everything given the current build is pretty stable.

1.7.2 has some really fundamental changes in the way it is constructed, mainly geared towards performance and security. As such, this really needs to be tested very thoroughly even before it is released out to everyone here. I'm digesting as much as I can from the thread about what people want to see in it, but 1.7.2 will probably mainly focus on the rebuilding of the architecture of the "how" for infected.

I've also revised the infected spawning methods, it feels much smoother to me as well now.

[/quote']

It's been 4-5 days since he told us about the progress of the update. The backup date was saturday during off peak hours and saturday, according to rockets profile, ended 13 hours ago. I suppose he's been doing a lot of testing and balancing to prevent the raging due to the recent hotfixes, but I'd like some status reports.

The backup date was saturday during off peak hours and saturday' date=' according to rockets profile, ended 13 hours ago.[/quote']

LAST Saturday.

Try 181 hours ago.

The backup date was saturday during off peak hours and saturday' date=' according to rockets profile, ended 13 hours ago.[/quote']

LAST Saturday.

Try 181 hours ago.

I figured he meant when the update would roll out if he missed monday, not that he would make backups of characters etc.

LAST Saturday.

Try 181 hours ago.

I figured he meant when the update would roll out if he missed monday, not that he would make backups of characters etc.

I'm not going to say 100% that's not what he meant, but from a developers standpoint, if anything involves an update and you say "Backup" that normally means backing up files/databases before you overwrite them with the update just in case something in the update is wrong and corrupts part of the system.

Got bug? Fix it! Got glitch? Fix it! Got exploit? Fix it!