rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

I cannot wait to see how this update effects things. I really hope to see the leg breaking by zombies toned down. I was out of ammo and searching barns for some rifles and only had an axe. So I saw a winchester in a bard with a zombie a few meters away. I got close and wondered if I should axe him first or get the gun and run. Well I went with axe from a crouched position. One hit and my legs were broken. Really!?! Being that I was nowhere near a hospital I had to respawn and start over. Loving every minute regardless.

u know whats even more hilarious than 1 hit leg breaks' date=' 1 hit K.Os. ive been crouching past a zed then BAM im unconscious with 3 zeds eating me haha.

[/quote']

Under 9000 blood? Otherwise this is impossible or it should be.

There is a problem that really needs to be fixed- Zombies can go through doors. This problem is very serious and has caused me and im betting alot of other people to restart their character

zombies can open doors, its no bug

zombies can open doors' date=' its no bug

[/quote']

They can also close doors, which can be quite annoying when you're trying to juke them.

So i heard Sat was patch day, guess it's not Sat yet.

Target date is Monday. Backup is for Saturday during offpeak time.

Yup' date=' leg breaking has to be toned down, maybe even to the point where it only breaks from falling high

[/quote']

+100

I think it's hilarious how many people think broken legs mean they have to respawn. :)

Yup' date=' leg breaking has to be toned down, maybe even to the point where it only breaks from falling high

[/quote']

just search for posts of rocket and you see your post was not necessary:

RE: Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

(06-25-2012 07:11 PM)rocket Wrote: * [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)

^

What hombre said!

One thought to the opening-doors-thingy: I think it would be pretty cool, if you close a door, the zeds should need some time to open it. Maybe a random timer between 10sec and one minute or something (could also depend on the type of door). There could be a sound where you hear the zombies scratching and hammering the door.

I think it's hilarious how many people think broken legs mean they have to respawn. :)

I broke my leg and survived it just last night.

The story: I ran into a server hopper (named Loveshock) in the control tower of the NE Airfield. He had tried to block the entrance with barbed wire, but I just vaulted over it.

When I saw him, he still had a bandit skin from when those were being given out.

I immediately fired, and so did he. He died, but not before shooting me in the leg, breaking it.

I crawled all the way to the hospital in Berezino, found THE LAST morphine in a medical box, healed my leg, and beat it back up north.

I was so stoked.

^

What hombre said!

One thought to the opening-doors-thingy: I think it would be pretty cool' date=' if you close a door, the zeds should need some time to open it. Maybe a random timer between 10sec and one minute or something (could also depend on the type of door). There could be a sound where you hear the zombies scratching and hammering the door.

[/quote']

i don't think rocket is able to stop them from opening the doors at all...

^

What hombre said!

One thought to the opening-doors-thingy: I think it would be pretty cool' date=' if you close a door, the zeds should need some time to open it. Maybe a random timer between 10sec and one minute or something (could also depend on the type of door). There could be a sound where you hear the zombies scratching and hammering the door.

[/quote']

i don't think rocket is able to stop them from opening the doors at all...

yeah, he said it was part of Arma. but maybe they'll figure something out eventually

I broke my leg and survived it just last night.

The story: I ran into a server hopper (named Loveshock) in the control tower of the NE Airfield. He had tried to block the entrance with barbed wire' date=' but I just vaulted over it.

When I saw him, he still had a bandit skin from when those were being given out.

I immediately fired, and so did he. He died, but not before shooting me in the leg, breaking it.

I crawled all the way to the hospital in Berezino, found THE LAST morphine in a medical box, healed my leg, and beat it back up north.

I was so stoked.

[/quote']

Feels good right?

I was scavenging around Dolina for tools and a gun when I tripped over a front porch and alerted a zombie swarm. My leg got broken by one of them. After managing to hack them all to death I was left with a little less than 4k blood and the broken legs. I started crawling my way to Berezino. Found a heli crash along the way and picked up a L85 and a Bizon SD. Found a cow, killed and gutted it. Made it to Berezino, found morphine in the hospital and matches in the restaurant as well as a new pack, food drink, various other things. All fixed up and on Day 3 alive (again lol).

I think it's hilarious that morphine cures broken legs.

Oh yeah and I wants me me patchesssss.

I don't think that, but I tend to die in the middle of nowhere and I find it much easier to respawn and resupply than to crawl until I find a hospital and some morphine.

I think it would be nice if a mechanic was introduced that you need to have some sort of weapon and ammunition in order to respawn...

[/quote']

yep

[/quote']

yep

well it has been toned down... we just need to wait to get the patch ;P

I don't think that' date=' but I tend to die in the middle of nowhere and I find it much easier to respawn and resupply than to crawl until I find a hospital and some morphine.

I think it would be nice if a mechanic was introduced that you need to have some sort of weapon and ammunition in order to respawn...

[/quote']

Basically turn respawn into 'Suicide'? That would probably fix some of what folks complain about with regards to respawn abuse.

I don't really care that zombies can open and close doors.....even though I don't think they'd have that fine motor skill anymore....being infected and rotting and all. I do, however have a problem with them walking through walls and doors. I have not seen a zombie walk through a fence, so why/how can they walk through doors and walls?

I don't really care that zombies can open and close doors.....even though I don't think they'd have that fine motor skill anymore....being infected and rotting and all. I do' date=' however have a problem with them walking through walls and doors. I have not seen a zombie walk through a fence, so why/how can they walk through doors and walls?

[/quote']

It seems like rocket made the zeds so angry/ fast paced that they ignore things like walls, sound stupid maybe but you never know.

Incase you read this rocket any idea when you can implement a feature to a mod that a magazine that is in the gun wont show in the inventory and stays in the gun (with a mag removable feature of course, Put in/Take out magazine.)

Since it does not really make a lot of sense that the magazine that your gun is firing from is in your backpack taking up valuable inventory spots.

Will the error "the server is running an incorrect version of the server side application...." be fixed? I use the ArmA Anniversary Edition (ArmAX).