rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Im in Texas.....

Everything after those three words were overkill. I'll betcha everyone knew what being 'in Texas' involved :P

your situation is never explained. maybe you wash up on shore and that's all you got

and obviously sacrifices to realism have to be made to make it a challenge. you can't have every house have a weapon' date=' water/soda, and food

[/quote']

Amn... yes you can? Don't you have any food or soda at your house?

3) Its realistic. Its a simple fact that if a zombie apocalypse or whatever survival situation comes up' date=' you will not be expecting it and you will not have time to grab much. Providing there are some people that are straight out of the show "Doomsday Preppers", you will most likely not have your supplies that you so carefully prepared and stashed near your location when the $&%t hits the fan.

[/quote']

you dont need to be expecting an apocalypse to be prepared, you dont own a backpack? you dont own a knife (kitchen knife or otherwise) you dont own a first aid kit? dont have any canned food/drink in your home?

I'm not a "doomsday prepper" in the slightest but no doubt I could grab a knife, some food and either the first aid kit in the house or the one in the land cruiser before leaving I'd probably even take the time to grab a jacket before leaving too, and matches or my lighter and lighter fuel...

I dont see who would come to the conclusion

"the worlds gone to shit, we must evacuate the city at all costs" but at the same time not bring a single thing with them besides some aspirin and a bandage. Must be the same type of person that wins a darwin award. I wouldnt expect everyone to be able to load up there 4wd with guns, ammo and plenty of supplies (although some certainly could) but your idea of, waking up on the coast in the Apocalypse wearing a bullet proof vest, leg hostlers and an empty bag is silly.

even tho I support the start with nothing experience, I think it would be neat to base it off how many respawns, to ease the learning curve out a bit, if u just started u get the pre 1.7 gear, die once u lose some stuff, say after 5 respawns - 10 respawns the mod decides, ok this blokes had enough time to suss out how shit works around here and bam he spawns with a bandage, a flashlight, and a shit stained pear of underwear.

I thought of the idea of npc bandit camps set up in random spots would be cool, barbed wire and towers and sand bags with like 20 npc bandits of assorted skill and weapons, fight ur way in with a group and get some great loot/vehicles, they are harder then zombies and theres more of a fight then NW airfield, but theres great loot once u get in which requires a group of maybe no less then 5. theres plenty of wilderness to stick one in and clans/groups would have better stuff to do then camp cherno/NWaf for lulz.

Direct Chat dont work.

I cant chat now...

How can i say friendly to others? Without chat this is a ultimate shoot on sight party!

Rocket fix this plox!

You shouldn't say friendly, because you don't know if the other person is...and even if he says he is, you often can't trust them, bandits lie.

In real world, if you woke up on an island and you see a guy with a gun in his hands, would you run to him with a paper sign (typing equivalent) saying "i'm friendly" ?

You have voice chat when you get within a certain range from him (about 40-50 meters I think) ... get a mic and press CAPS LOCK and keep it pressed while talking.

So if you really want to risk it go prone or on the other side of a barn where he is and chat with him and ask him to lower his gun or switch to hatchet so you won't get shot.

If you see him trying to find you or raising him gun, be prepared to press C and leg it out of there.

Direct Chat dont work.

I cant chat now...

How can i say friendly to others? Without chat this is a ultimate shoot on sight party!

Rocket fix this plox!

You shouldn't say friendly' date=' because you don't know if the other person is...and even if he says he is, you often can't trust them, bandits lie.

In real world, if you woke up on an island and you see a guy with a gun in his hands, would you run to him with a paper sign (typing equivalent) saying "i'm friendly" ?

You have voice chat when you get within a certain range from him (about 40-50 meters I think) ... get a mic and press CAPS LOCK and keep it pressed while talking.

So if you really want to risk it go prone or on the other side of a barn where he is and chat with him and ask him to lower his gun or switch to hatchet so you won't get shot.

If you see him trying to find you or raising him gun, be prepared to press C and leg it out of there.

[/quote']

GTFO of here with your realism bullshit.

Why do people like you only bring up the realism card when it suits you ,but in other instances, its ok to not be realistic cause its a game?

Such as when taking a transfusion, bandaging after you are bleeding and other hundreds of thing that are unrealistic?

your situation is never explained. maybe you wash up on shore and that's all you got

and obviously sacrifices to realism have to be made to make it a challenge. you can't have every house have a weapon' date=' water/soda, and food

[/quote']

Amn... yes you can? Don't you have any food or soda at your house?

my point was the game has to sacrifice realism to make it a playable game. I have food and water at my house, but it doesn't respawn...

Why do people like you only bring up the realism card when it suits you ' date='but in other instances, its ok to not be realistic cause its a game?

Such as when taking a transfusion, bandaging after you are bleeding and other hundreds of thing that are unrealistic?

[/quote']

You seem like a fun person to be around. Lighten up.

3) Its realistic. Its a simple fact that if a zombie apocalypse or whatever survival situation comes up' date=' you will not be expecting it and you will not have time to grab much. Providing there are some people that are straight out of the show "Doomsday Preppers", you will most likely not have your supplies that you so carefully prepared and stashed near your location when the $&%t hits the fan.

[/quote']

you dont need to be expecting an apocalypse to be prepared, you dont own a backpack? you dont own a knife (kitchen knife or otherwise) you dont own a first aid kit? dont have any canned food/drink in your home?

I'm not a "doomsday prepper" in the slightest but no doubt I could grab a knife, some food and either the first aid kit in the house or the one in the land cruiser before leaving I'd probably even take the time to grab a jacket before leaving too, and matches or my lighter and lighter fuel...

"the worlds gone to shit, we must evacuate the city at all costs" but at the same time not bring a single thing with them besides some aspirin and a bandage. Must be the same type of person that wins a darwin award. I wouldnt expect everyone to be able to load up there 4wd with guns, ammo and plenty of supplies (although some certainly could) but your idea of, waking up on the coast in the Apocalypse wearing a bullet proof vest, leg hostlers and an empty bag is silly.

even tho I support the start with nothing experience, I think it would be neat to base it off how many respawns, to ease the learning curve out a bit, if u just started u get the pre 1.7 gear, die once u lose some stuff, say after 5 respawns - 10 respawns the mod decides, ok this blokes had enough time to suss out how shit works around here and bam he spawns with a bandage, a flashlight, and a shit stained pear of underwear.

I thought of the idea of npc bandit camps set up in random spots would be cool, barbed wire and towers and sand bags with like 20 npc bandits of assorted skill and weapons, fight ur way in with a group and get some great loot/vehicles, they are harder then zombies and theres more of a fight then NW airfield, but theres great loot once u get in which requires a group of maybe no less then 5. theres plenty of wilderness to stick one in and clans/groups would have better stuff to do then camp cherno/NWaf for lulz.

A game to accommodate the world you describe can never exist. It would be literally filled with millions of objects.

Why do people like you only bring up the realism card when it suits you ' date='but in other instances, its ok to not be realistic cause its a game?

[/quote']

You seem like a fun person to be around. Lighten up.

I am, just those types of comments annoy me quite a bit.

:D

Bear Traps..... Don't Care either way

However 3 Major Exploits are destroying the game-play at the moment.

1: Alt-F4. I know its been tried, but we need a revisit of 10-20 second delay on logging out/altf4 . Too many players brazenly ignore zombies/kill players knowing that they are instantly safe by de-spawning zombies and no player retaliation.

2: Server hopping. Its too easy to get good gear by going to a good spot such as military tents /airfield / barracks etc and then logging in and out of multiple servers until you find what you want without actually having to travel anywhere. (Possible Fix) Changing servers resets your location to the beach like a re-spawn. Encourages people to play on a regular server and build a reputation and also play through the day/night cycle instead of just swapping to a day server.

3: Off map camps. Ive been playing on the same server for a month and never seen a repairable vehicle or one in use. It IS a server with them enabled but they have all been taken and stashed in off-map camps. This is effectively removing content from the game for the majority of the player base. (Possible Fix) All tents and vehicles are destroyed after 1 hour of inactivity when outside the map of Chernarus. (Alternate fix) Increase the number of vehicles in the game but decrease the spawn-rate of vehicle parts. More difficult, less impossible.

And lastly, and not related to anything, increase the day/night cycle rapidly. I play for 4 hours at the same time every night. So without deliberatly server swapping, i only see the SAME 4 hours everytime, and never experience the dynamic and changing lighting and different playstyles.

You so wrong mate.. it will be so stupid, to respwan at the beach, because if you dc and then reconnect, all the way you have run is lost. To many people will be at spwan to camp people. Number two people cant play at night with no nvgoggels, you cant see anything = people will leave the game, if they HAVE to play at nightserver

When I first started playing I was friendly. After the first 5 or so lives that I actually felt I had everything (all supplies, good weapons, etc.) I gradually got bored. This is when I became a bandit. Give people something to do besides pking and they might actually do it.

[/quote']

A game to accommodate the world you describe can never exist. It would be literally filled with millions of objects.

Too bad someone didn't make a mil-sim that simulated huge battlefields that are kilometers big with dynamic interactions, vehicles, AI with guns that have adjustable skill levels, maybe even mod it with a random loot system. If I made one like that I would call it ARMA or something.

Too bad it can never exist though.

AGAIN PLEASE FIX THIRST AND HUNGER THIS PATCH. THIS IS A SERIOUS EXPLOIT. IT COMPLETELY KILLS TWO OF YOUR MOST INPORTANT MECHANICS AND NOONE IS SPEAKING UP BECAUSE ITS BENIFICIAL. I FEEL LIKE I HAVE TO KEEP POSTING OR YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO SEE IT

Hunger and thirst aren't supposed to drop when offline, if that's what you're referring to. If not, then maybe you should have been specific.

You so wrong mate.. it will be so stupid' date=' to respwan at the beach, because if you dc and then reconnect, all the way you have run is lost. To many people will be at spwan to camp people. Number two people cant play at night with no nvgoggels, you cant see anything = people will leave the game, if they HAVE to play at nightserver

[/quote']

DC does not equal changing server, reconnecting to the same server wouldn't be an issue as you would still be in the same spot. And also you CAN still swap servers if its dark, you just start on the beach which really isn't much of an issue. Server exploiting IS an issue

172 pages of whining and moaning, but the patch is still pending.

Guys, they don't care about what you want.

You so wrong mate.. it will be so stupid' date=' to respwan at the beach, because if you dc and then reconnect, all the way you have run is lost. To many people will be at spwan to camp people. Number two people cant play at night with no nvgoggels, you cant see anything = people will leave the game, if they HAVE to play at nightserver

[/quote']

DC does not equal changing server, reconnecting to the same server wouldn't be an issue as you would still be in the same spot. And also you CAN still swap servers if its dark, you just start on the beach which really isn't much of an issue. Server exploiting IS an issue

Or spawning at a safe place outside the nearest town. Try server hopping/reconnecting you're sent to the same place, do it too often people catch on and just wait for you to come back.

Otherside is camping "player entry points" would still happen, the only way to minimize it would be to have numerous points near a city in cover/concealment and using player range checks to ensure you don't start too close so you don't get camped or try to hop+flank.

meh' date=' nothing new for players, good fixes though, not enough reverts, we need reverts rocket

[/quote']

THIS

come on rocket let us have a gun at spawn please.

no reverts. NO spawn gun. do not cater to the pussies. sorry to be blunt, but thats my opinion. and several other's.

Is there an update on the ETA of this patch and if not can we please get one?

That would be really great.

-Thanks

So it seems the hunger/thirst dropping when you are offline is back? Anyone else notice it? Caught me off guard as I had logged out the previous night sans water, thinking I would have plenty of time to find some later.

[/quote']

Or spawning at a safe place outside the nearest town. Try server hopping/reconnecting you're sent to the same place, do it too often people catch on and just wait for you to come back.

Otherside is camping "player entry points" would still happen, the only way to minimize it would be to have numerous points near a city in cover/concealment and using player range checks to ensure you don't start too close so you don't get camped or try to hop+flank.

Player entry point camping 'could' be an issue, but Chernarus is big and that's a LOT of beach to cover. I often have trouble finding friends when they re-spawn even when they tell me where they spawned. Would be quite easy to increase the number of spawn area's along the beach if it became an issue.