rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

ETA on patch? I hate when the CM's or developers don't say anything about the real progress of this patch.. Please say something.

Anything happening with the invisible player glitch?

ETA on patch? I hate when the CM's or developers don't say anything about the real progress of this patch.. Please say something.

Nobody cares what you hate. Nobody owes you anything.

I agree with the sentiment, but, to Sartormc. They're not operating on a fixed timescale, Rocket may say "Hey, this is projected for Monday"... but he's not a robot, it'll come out when it's ready. It's Alpha, we're constantly in the development process.

If you're being adversely affected by 1.7.1.5 or whatever it is now, then this still applies.

Seconded! The game is running great at the moment so relax, nothing is so bad that is needs an immediate patch. I hope Rocket goes on vacation and doesn't say a word to you ungrateful wanks, let's you whine and cry while he laughs himself silly on a beach!

* [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs' date=' kills animals, when activated

[/quote']

MORPHINE WARS 2012. LET'S DO THIS.

This community is full of WANKERS.

This is the ANTI-GAME.

Discuss!

Its been mentioned by Rocket previously (in this VERY long thread I think) that 1.7.2 is way too unbalanced at the mo, so they need some more time to balance and do some serious closed testing before public release.

Believe me you'd much rather wait for it to be right than end up trying to play on a borked update....so patience.. it will be here when its ready. :)

Man really? These guys are working on something that they find interesting and love to do, the rest of us are along for the ride. We try to help in the spirit of their endeavor and as payment to what they are doing. Don't rush them, you aint paying anything, its folks like you that make them get pissed and quit. Don't let the poo spoil the punch bowl developers, the majority of us support and love what you are doing. Drive on!

This is the ANTI-GAME.

Discuss!

and to all those saying ohhh its not realistic shut up.

If it was real we wouldnt have to repair cars and other viechles would we.

BRING BACK THE MAKAROV AT SPAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think it's so much a matter of realism as it is just a gameplay choice. Rocket wanted to try something different, it wasn't a realism thing.

Granted, I haven't died since this change was made... and have a FAL and M107... so I don't really know what it's like to spawn without a pistol. But, I can imagine it would add another level of difficulty and add a rewarding experience in finding weapons.

I'm indifferent on the issue, but I don't think it should be reverted back simply because people find it not to their personal liking. Day Z isn't supposed to be -your- mod, and yeah, certain aspects are shaped by the community. But, there are things in Day Z which are frustrating and difficult (i.e. feeding yourself, bones breaking, etc), because overcoming these difficulties is intensely rewarding. This is what makes Day Z unique.

(Today 08:24 PM)rats Wrote: This community is full of WANKERS.

Is that another word for people who DO NOT have to help as they recieve NO PAY for helping people in their FREE TIME

With an attitude like that it's no wonder you don't get the help or answers you want :lol:

I don't think it's so much a matter of realism as it is just a gameplay choice. Rocket wanted to try something different' date=' it wasn't a realism thing.

Granted, I haven't died since this change was made... and have a FAL and M107... so I don't really know what it's like to spawn without a pistol. But, I can imagine it would add another level of difficulty and add a rewarding experience in finding weapons.

I'm indifferent on the issue, but I don't think it should be reverted back simply because people find it not to their personal liking. Day Z isn't supposed to be -your- mod, and yeah, certain aspects are shaped by the community. But, there are things in Day Z which are frustrating and difficult (i.e. feeding yourself, bones breaking, etc), because overcoming these difficulties is intensely rewarding. This is what makes Day Z unique.

[/quote']

I haven't died either since the change was made, but I tried being unarmed with no food/water at the southern coast after I went for at swim.

It took me 15 minutes to find a M1911, and after a half hour I had added an Enfield + plenty of food and water. No silly server hopping either. I think the problem is that people run straight to Elektro/Cherno after spawning. Maybe if the spawn points were further away from cities, would that help? It might teach people to use deer stands and villages.

@People that quoted me

If they did start adding things that would force players into group A or B then the game would become a team death match and would start to lose the sandbox feel that it has at the moment.

I'd much rather play the game solo than with someone that used to kill everyone on sight but is helping me just because of a certain gameplay mechanic like wanting something only a non bandit can get.

But if Rocket decides to start adding features that force people into groups then I'm not gunna make a thread and complain or stop playing, i'll just adapt and continue to enjoy the game as should you if they don't decide to add anything that forces teamplay.

This is the ANTI-GAME.

Discuss!

Doesn't matter what Rocket and his team adds/takes away or modifies, people will be divided by the decisions and there will always be people complaining against or for those decisions, he can either listen to both sides and meet a middle ground resulting in non of the sides being happy or just do whatever he wants and take the odd 1-2 good/bad idea's from the community, try them out then decide for himself whether it's good or bad.

As blacksheep said, just let him do as he likes with his mod and not make a big deal out of the changes/new features that are added since we are just testing it for the moment.

Still spawning in wilderness, would love to see a permanent fix for that since i have spawned there 7-9 times there already. So please fix it or just make it easier to start over.

Still spawning in wilderness' date=' would love to see a permanent fix for that since i have spawned there 7-9 times there already. So please fix it or just make it easier to start over.

[/quote']

The fix for that is in the patch notes.

Oh sorry then, i must have missed that! ^^

I don't think it's so much a matter of realism as it is just a gameplay choice. Rocket wanted to try something different' date=' it wasn't a realism thing.

[/quote']

I haven't died either since the change was made, but I tried being unarmed with no food/water at the southern coast after I went for at swim.

It took me 15 minutes to find a M1911, and after a half hour I had added an Enfield + plenty of food an water. No silly server hopping either. I think the problem is that people run straight to Elektro/Cherno after spawning. Maybe if the spawn points were further away from cities, would that help? It might teach people to use deer stands and villages.

Well, there's several steps that need to be taken. I agree with you though.

Elektro/Cherno need to be quarantined, and packed with more zombies. Loot inside needs to be tweaked slightly as well, to discourage people from immediately going there.

Spawns also need to be tweaked to be spread out along the ENTIRE coast at all times. In my experience, spawns are pretty fixed depending on when/what server. I've spawned near Kamenka six times in a row with many others, so I think the spawns just need to be spread out and used more often.

This is the ANTI-GAME.

Discuss!

Spitting the dummy, eh? One day you'll be an adult and you can play adult games. Promise.

MWAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! THIS GAME TOO HARD!!! MWAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! EVERYONE A WANKER UNTIL I WIN THIS GAME!!! MWAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! MAKE IT EASY FOR US KIDS!!! MWAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

[/quote']

It took me 15 minutes to find a M1911, and after a half hour I had added an Enfield + plenty of food an water. No silly server hopping either. I think the problem is that people run straight to Elektro/Cherno after spawning. Maybe if the spawn points were further away from cities, would that help? It might teach people to use deer stands and villages.

Elektro/Cherno need to be quarantined, and packed with more zombies. Loot inside needs to be tweaked slightly as well, to discourage people from immediately going there.

Spawns also need to be tweaked to be spread out along the ENTIRE coast at all times. In my experience, spawns are pretty fixed depending on when/what server. I've spawned near Kamenka six times in a row with many others, so I think the spawns just need to be spread out and used more often.

Thanks god you are not a developer of this mod. Dont touch cherno and electro. Go to forest and play there. I have fun killing in cherno.

This mod is not hard because of gameplay...... its hard because of the bugs.

i am a real survival player and only the bugs kill me in this mod.

that why i want first that the bugs get fixed.

then can they make the mod harder with the gameplay.

[/quote']

Thanks god you are not a developer of this mod. Dont touch cherno and electro. Go to forest and play there. I have fun killing in cherno.

We can't all be cool, sorry bud. Glad you're not a developer for this mod either, can think of a few AAA companies that might want your services though.

Good job actually detailing why you think I'm wrong, solid work.

[/quote']

We can't all be cool, sorry bud. Glad you're not a developer for this mod either, can think of a few AAA companies that might want your services though.

So only coz you dont like Cherno they should remove it ? FFS what are you smoking? Just dont come to cherno and live in the woods.

Whasts your problem?

why do you want to discourage me from going to cherno? why is it your business anyway?

I think I won..

I started off with a fresh spawn, no guns, just painkillers and a bandage.

Now I have an Alice pack full of food and drink.

I have *everything* except for range finder and gps, well.. no vehicle either.

I have a Sniper Rifle, an m1911 and a silenced MP and loads of ammo for all of them..

I have been to the Airfields, Stary and the other points of interest.

Now I have been living in the wilderness for the past 2 days living off of hunting and refilling canteens at wells and lakes.

Must say, it's very rewarding, but I'm really not sure what the point in playing anymore is, as I really don't have anymore goals to reach.

Suggestions? :)

(besides the obvious "head back to the coast and hunt bandits) ;P

ps. yes I did this without server hopping. but if I can get all this stuff in 2 days from a fresh spawn, so can anyone else.

I haven't died either since the change was made' date=' but I tried being unarmed with no food/water at the southern coast after I went for at swim.

[/quote']

So only coz you dont like Cherno they should remove it ? FFS what are you smoking? Just dont come to cherno and live in the woods.

Whasts your problem?

I think you're misinterpreting what he's saying. Quarantined in the sense that there's only a place or two that you can get in or out, and that it's packed full of zombies, with modified loot

In my view, doing that to Cherno may be a bad Idea, as it is sort of a last resort for some people, But also on a realism sense, it would make somewhat sense.