rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Notes after playing 1.7.1.5:

- Unable to pick up certain hatchets (Fairly widespread anyway, it's only a few of them have issues)

- Widespread wire fencing (Addressed in next patch)

- Broken leg after a few hits (I actually don't mind this, only happened once and after a few minutes crawling we found 2 morphine injectors for each of us in the same spot. Not the crisis people were describing)

- Food less common (I really like this. It brings the survival aspect back into it. My friend was starving for a while before we eventually found food. There was a real urgency for a while)

- Zombie LOS (Very good update, zombies seem more natural rather than superhuman all seeing cannibals, also that bit easier to evade)

I like the direction the mod is taking. I find it quite appalling the way people on this forum berate rocket for not doing this or that or adding a new feature and then start whining when it takes too long. It's part time, he's not getting paid, it's his idea. If he wants to develop it his way, add a new feature, we let him know if it works for the masses. It's an alpha, it's all about trying new things. That may mean one patch is less playable or fun than the last but it's a process. We put everything in the basket and then decide what goes in the fridge when we get home. We're testers, not developers. It's one thing to say after you've played the version if something doesn't work technically or as part of the experience, but to throw a fit when one new feature (in this case, the bear trap) is added? Without knowing how it works or how easy it is to acquire? I can't imagine it would be that much of a nuisance.

I like the ideas for the connection cooldown times, something that most feel is necessary. I haven't had it happen to me at all, so I don't know how necessary.

Any chance this update will fix player corpses de-spawning so fast?

player corpses have been disappearing faster than i can loot them.

Any chance this update will fix player corpses de-spawning so fast?

player corpses have been disappearing faster than i can loot them.

That is cause the guys are disconnecting.

Seriously? Bear traps?

This would be cool if you were able to actually build some sort of defensible position, but until construction materials are ready for primetime these bear traps are just going to be a random pain in the ass.

Seriously? Bear traps?

This would be cool if you were able to actually build some sort of defensible position' date=' but until construction materials are ready for primetime these bear traps are just going to be a random pain in the ass.

[/quote']

more like a random pain in the ankle

bear traps will be awesome.

My only fear is people will put them inside every building (barracks, firestation etc)

There going to be any sort of limit as to where they can be placed OR anyway to disarm them?

Why not spawn you away fom towns by a certain amount.Say you enter a military barrack and leave to server hop.When you enter next map your 500m away in the woods.

whatsa the point in bear traps?

how about adding the makarov again when we spawn rocket.

Please, get rid of the scope fps lag, where it freezes everything (either night vision or thermal one). It turns some weapons bad to use.

And add boobies to the female skin. They are so sad and unattractive. Who agrees?

Thanks.

I hate server hoppers, I used to play with a ton of them, its boring and lame. Theres no persistence to it, I think the hourglass is the best way to deal with it, but i think you should increase the time

Yes, bear traps! Now add some tripwire so i can make an alarmsystem around my fortress. You know, empty cans and tripwire.

bear traps!!! that'S genius!!!! wouldn'T have thought of such, and only THIS (awesome) game offers a gameplay in which beartraps can be usefull.

Honestly love this Mod. I have been playing since 1.6. A few curve balls here and there have had me pulling my hair out and throwing my razor mouse with an immediate look of grief there after, but... still playing, still loving the time.

Server hopping? Do it all the time. Crappy servers here and there, switching for friends, and just in general avoiding douche bags. Do I like the element of other people being a threat as well? HELL YES. I like the dog eat dog aspect. Do I think there's some kids out there ruining the experience for a good deal of people? A BIGGER HELL YES. Honestly Rocket. I think that is an issue you should address before all others at this point. Bring back the humanity and the skin switch. Throw in a few more things like after so many murders the loss of the ability to communicate, the need to feed more often, the ability to only use an ACU Pack or lower, etc..... I see fan boy tears from this, but if you are going to adopt the bandit lifestyle then you must completely adopt it.

I would love to see fortifications beefed up, but the problem with this is all someone would have to do is got to another server, walk past the fortifications, and then just log back into the original server. So there's your issue with that. I've had to use the same tactics already to get into places the douche bags have put wire up around. Auto picked servers and the ability to join servers friends are on is a feature that would be nice in the future to dodge around some of these problems, but I don't see this happening unless your parent company gets involved and make a stand alone game.

Just a few things said. Have more but gotta bounce.

GOOD FIXES I THINK ABOUT:

1: If you're spawning back to a previous spawn area, and someone is there, it spawns you a few hundred yards away from them no matter what.

2:spawning in buildings is no longer allowed/blocked.

3: Dead players should just turn into zombies after 10 minutes (with their items still on) :)

Now thats a zombie worth killing!

GOOD FIXES I THINK ABOUT:

1: If you're spawning back to a previous spawn area' date=' and someone is there, it spawns you a few hundred yards away from them no matter what.

2:spawning in buildings is no longer allowed/blocked.

3: Dead players should just turn into zombies after 10 minutes (with their items still on) :)

Now thats a zombie worth killing!

[/quote']

all of those things....just wrong, just so wrong...

Why not spawn you away fom towns by a certain amount.Say you enter a military barrack and leave to server hop.When you enter next map your 500m away in the woods.

Best idea I've read today. I can't stand hoppers!

I agree 100%. This would be great!!!!!

Not a good idea rocket. I think a trip flare trap would be a better idea. Hit the trap' date=' launch an M203 flare up as a warning device. Ditch the bear trap bro.

[/quote']

You, Sir, deserve my +1. Would love to see that. Being a sniper would be much better. Maybe a tripwire set to that flare device...I'm seeing the possibilities, wooooooow. Scavenging safely would reach a whole new level. I'm in love with your idea.

more brainless entrance-blocking incoming.i do not like hearing about the beartrap a single bit.

Breaking the leg of an infected *clap clap* makes a lot of sense.

SuperTuck's idea sounds a gazillion times better

this were my 2 cents and i am in before "u mad"

i like the flare trap better. this makes unwanted peoples more cautious and provides a chance to be found out, especially in camps. also in a town ,yes i would do it, it would aggro zombies to that person as well

Not a good idea rocket. I think a trip flare trap would be a better idea. Hit the trap' date=' launch an M203 flare up as a warning device. Ditch the bear trap bro.

[/quote']

That actually sounds amazing. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes and would be much better than this "bear trap" implementation and the images I already have in my head about the repercussions it will produce.

Have the zombies even run over to the zombie/animal/player that set the trap off and start killing it! Anything that trips that trap would alert the zombies in a certain X radius. Brilliant!

Make it a M203 trip mine, you can load with smoke or flare (HE would be a horrible idea the more i think about it)

That actually would serve to help the hoppers in the event the barracks don't have loot spawned, they wouldn't have to exit the area and then come back, they could just head straight to them.

Bear traps are fine, but as I've said before, we should be able to disarm them without any tools, either manually when you walk up to it, or with an objects such as trash, wood, etc.