rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Havent logged too many hours on this current patch but still have probally 6hours on it and my current thoughts are this:

-Spawns are crap im finding Im seeing more trash then I used to

-The Double Barrel Shotty 2nd Ammo is spawning way to much

-Wood is spawning often id rather it not take loot spawns...

-I like the no gun start... seen alot of fresh spawn teamwork

-Ive seen very few canfood spawns plenty of canteen/soda however

-Fewer Weapon Spawns and more ammo.. I had within 5minutes of spawning 8 different types of ammo and not a single gun.. I did find a Axe though lol.. which I used to kill a silly guy in a ghuille suit.

-Zombies causing bleeding to often... I dont mind the damage but Im seeing very close to a 50% hit to bleed ratio if not more.

-The Zombies agro strangely.. you can lose them in buildings but they will often entrap you in them now and are still much easier to agro from inside a building....

-I have began seeing Zombies spawn in buildings often though they spawn on the loot and just camp it and not move... causing you to be forced to make a distraction or kill it.

-Players are more kill on site then ever as soon as they have real gun.. still getting worse I feel Ive even fallen into this category.. no reason to trust anyone and even talking to someone in VOIP they just blast you in the back first chance they get. This is not due to latest patch as its just been growing since removal of bandit system.

-Not seeing my temp rise/drop much even in rain not sure what current status is of that?

-Been seeing my spawn location become less and less random

Im sure theres more but thats just some points off top of my head during recent play of current patch on a couple different servers over the last 3 days

Great job on this guys. My two cents for now would be to fix when players swap gear to back pack and main inventory vice versa when no slots you dont lose the items. Love this game more then my wife..lol

BTW Any chance for DMR ammo fitting FN FAL?

It is the same caliber and it should work similar fashion to revolver/M1911 ammo.

Where is the infinite zombie spawn fix? This is the #1 issue in every town and city in the game....put a cap on aggro this next patch pls....having waves of undead spawn 30 feet from you in super fast untargetable waves is the single most broken part of the game right now...

If you are going for realism' date=' personally I think if anything it would slightly decrease the amount of noise (Very slightly) because the sound waves are coming into contact with the mist. Maybe I'm just talkin out my ass but seems plausible.

[/quote']

Only low frequency sound travels at distance through fog, the reason foggy conditions are quiet is because water absorbs the vibrations of high and medium frequency sound.

Fog horns are very low frequency for that very reason, and picking the direction of a fog horn is hard because the fog essentially turns into a 360 degree speaker.

Where is the infinite zombie spawn fix? This is the #1 issue in every town and city in the game....put a cap on aggro this next patch pls....having waves of undead spawn 30 feet from you in super fast untargetable waves is the single most broken part of the game right now...

This doesn't seem to happen very often but when it does I agree it's really annoying. I was chased in to a house by 2 zombies last night, then proceeded to kill 65 of them, ran out of ammo, and died.

any chance to make hatchet and crowbar _real_ melee weapons?

i mean remove accuracy(melee weapons with accuracy? seriously?) drops while moving and after movement? because you cant miss a body that`s hitting you with a melee weapon irl

Everything keeps getting better and I am sure 1.7.2 will be a new milestone. From 1.7.1.5:

- Love the new zombies. It's not too difficult to evade them as long you're proning a lot. And I don't mind.

- I'm getting more and better weapons than before. Getting twice as much AK's than I do enfields. Nice!

- Maybe I remember the names wrong: the ammo-type used in a certain AK74(S? U?) Kobra does not show this guns' name in the 'used in' list. Then again, I'm totally gun-ignorant so I may be missing something. Still, if the mod did not automagically add the right ammo to the gear, I'd be at a loss as to what would work.

- I still often break bones from stepping over wire close to a wall, turning the wrong way with a gun in my hands after climbing up a ladder , and proning into buildings. It changes my behavior to taking more risks, just to prevent breaking bones., and whilst on that subject:

- some more morphine would be nice. They're more rare than remingtons!

- I came close to dieing (bright red icon) of thirst two times in a downpour. Seems laughable to me!

- Intense buzzing of flies without a player corpse nearby happens often. Maybe the body liquefies and the ooze is still there? :))

- dead players are sometimes standing upright. Can't a dead player assume one of, say three standard corpse positions? As it is now, I sometimes approach a dead player way too cautiously. Which is kinda fun in retrospect!

Lastly, I just want to say how excited I am to able to play a small part in the creation of a new game that will quite likely be award-winning. These are good times!

Cheers!

Ah! I forgot: I threw an empty whiskey bottle while crouching in a dearstand/treestand and I hit the roof or the pole of this deerstand instead of it landing outside. A high-pitched sound-glitch ensued that lasted about half a minute. Thought I was going crazy!

Hi Rocket,

me and a bunch of friends, started playing dayz, and it was awesome until this happened.... We found camping tents and put them down on a server, saved them and 5 minutes after we saved them the server crashes, we log back in an our tents are gone and we lose all of our stuff, we thought oh who cares its fine, until it happened again and again ( on different servers to) are we placing them wrong? they are in the open and just disappear after a server restart or crash even if its saved...

could you please look into it as we are fed up oh having all of stuff gone.

Thanks - Killtheskate

The effect of fog (rather the humidity is the real part that has an effect) is basically insignificant unless we're talking long distances or really high frequencies.

I don't think sound should be changed.

1.7.1.5, really nice update.

Had no problems ^^.

BUT i do think Zombie spawn rate is too fast. Me and my friend went over to a gas station. Accidently made noise and they saw us, 10 zombies from around were on our tail. No problem thats just the game so we killed them. (keep in mind we were about 30m away from the gas station) By the time we killed em all and got ourselves patched up again, ALL the zombies had respawned already and we just wasted 2 mags.. We couldnt sneak by them because the zombies also spawned in the building.

So maybe 2 slight changes ?

-Zombie spawn rate decreased

-Zombies can't spawn in houses

But still, you did a verry good job on last updates!

New weapons and melee, yeay to that, I wonder what they will be... just hope I will be able to convert DMR mags to my FnFal .

I also noticed that Zombies spawn in houses and just stand there like idiots. The only way to enter the house is to aggro them, so unless one has a silenced weapon that option is pretty much out.

I mean, what is the point of it anyway? Just to make buildings less accessible?

I personally really liked the Zombies in 1.7.0 and would prefer those over the current ones (in terms of hearing and buildings).

I like current the ability to be able to lose them sometimes which brings me to my point about speed.

Why are Zombies that much faster then humans? That simply means that we cannot ever out run them, but at the same time the Zeds also cannot harm us unless we stop. So we end up with Zombie marathons.

The Zombies should run at the speed humans or a bit slower in fact.

Ps. For Pete's sake, give us some morphine on the map, pleeease!

I also noticed that Zombies spawn in houses and just stand there like idiots. The only way to enter the house is to aggro them' date='

[/quote']

Try throwing a whiskey bottle near the doorway.

Since the first 1.7.1 updates, and still existing with 1.7.1.5, the following major player movement bugs now occur:

1) Pressing Shift to enable sneak mode sometimes causes the sneaking to become permanent, preventing walking/running away from zombies. This is a serious fault and needs urgent attention!

2) Upon spawning or regaining consciousness the player will move automatically in one direction, as if the direction key is being held down; pressing the respective direction key will stop this (e.g. pressing forward will stop auto-forward movement).

3) It is no longer possible when crawling to hold down Shift for slower crawling.

4) The player is no longer able to lean left or right.

5) Large white dots appear on the edges of the screen to represent moving entities (zombies, insects, players, vehicles etc.) that are just out of view. This is a feature (possibly for debugging?) that I've noticed in the single player ArmA2 campaign. Could these dot markers please be removed.

6) The player crouch-sneak speed is now painfully slow. I realise this was an intentional decrease, but could it please be increased a tad?

In my opinion these are all serious problems which mar the enjoyability of the zombie survival experience. I certainly hope these issues are resolved in the coming updates.

Thanks Rocket and team (Team Rocket?). :) Much respect.

Drekinn

One Bug that needs fixing is the ammo Bug, means i just shot 1 round out of my Dragunov Mag and it just disappeared after logging in!

Happend twice to me so i had to dump my Dragunov because you find nowhere ammo except in Barracks!

And it would also be nice to do something against the server hoppers, one of the biggest pains in my ass cause when you have high tech gear it's nearly suicidal to go into farming places, not because of bandits and shit, but because you have to risk that someone spawns right behind you and shoots you on sight!

1) Pressing Shift to enable sneak mode sometimes causes the sneaking to become permanent' date=' preventing walking/running away from zombies. This is a serious fault and needs urgent attention!

[/quote']

1) double click shift and you will toggle sneak/run. you can change that in option.

3-4) i have not noticed this. I'm still able to use those.

1) Pressing Shift to enable sneak mode sometimes causes the sneaking to become permanent' date=' preventing walking/running away from zombies. This is a serious fault and needs urgent attention!

3) It is no longer possible when crawling to hold down Shift for slower crawling.

4) The player is no longer able to lean left or right.

5) Large white dots appear on the edges of the screen to represent moving entities (zombies, insects, players, vehicles etc.) that are just out of view. This is a feature (possibly for debugging?) that I've noticed in the single player ArmA2 campaign. Could these dot markers please be removed.

[/quote']

#1. Double tap the shift key to go back to normal running mode. This isn't a bug.

#3. I slow crawled with shift earlier today, not sure why you're having a problem.

#4. I was able to today, not sure why you're having a problem.

#5. Has to do with server difficulty, not the mod. If you want them removed, go to a higher difficulty server.

What do we want to do with fog folks? +/- the sound you make?

The fog already affects visibility, which is realistic, I don't really see the need for changes to audibility. That said, would be happy to test it out anyway :)

The woods are generally a nice, relatively safe place for players. Unless there is a bandit nearby, or a train of zeds are following you, one doesn't have to worry too much about dying while in the woods.

I think it would be very interesting if there was a small chance for a bear to spawn in the woods that would have more or less the same AI as the zeds. Make it take a rifle-caliber weapon to kill, but be guaranteed a ton of raw meat. If it would be worth the time and effort to do, it would be hilarious if bears could raid players' tents and "eat" some of their gear. That gear could be looted once the bear is killed.

What do we want to do with fog folks? +/- the sound you make?

The fog already affects visibility' date=' which is realistic, I don't really see the need for changes to audibility. That said, would be happy to test it out anyway :)

[/quote']

Fog affects audibility in the real world, old chap ;)

Not sure if it's an engine issue, but I managed to level one half of a red-bricked house in Cherno with a smoke grenade. Luckily, having a few tonnes of debris and masonry fall on my head didn't even cause me to break a sweat. Walked away like a bawce.

However, broke my legs while prone near a fence.

Zombie lolocaust XD

The fog already affects visibility' date=' which is realistic, I don't really see the need for changes to audibility. That said, would be happy to test it out anyway :)

[/quote']

Fog affects audibility in the real world, old chap ;)

Yes it affects it, but it doesn't necessarily reduce it. Here's an easy to read article published in "Acoustics Today" in 2006. Yay, science! :)

http://flyquietoak.com/_source/pdf/Tab%204g%20PDF%20links/General_National/Refraction%20of%20Sound%20in%20the%20Atmosphere_2006.pdf

tl;dr "In fact, sound does penetrate fog, often quite well"