rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

If you are not holding a weapon and right click, you will go into walking stance, which makes your character walk and it doesn't react to shift, it's like going into sights with weapon. Just click right mouse button once and it should be fine.

Thank you!!! This got me killed several times the other night.

If you are not holding a weapon and right click' date=' you will go into walking stance, which makes your character walk and it doesn't react to shift, it's like going into sights with weapon. Just click right mouse button once and it should be fine.

Thank you!!! This got me killed several times the other night.

[/quote']

Wonder if this is easily disabled then, because it got me and a couple of freinds killed on Friday to. It's very confusing, although I found double tapping W makes you run regardless, but once you double tap again to walk it goes back to normal.

Having trouble with loot here to. Loads of ammo yet no guns, hardly any food, it seems a bit of a lottery running across a firearm, and many lives/much frustration just to get a decent start. :)

Rocket, are there any plans to standardize the difficulty settings across servers in the future? I'll be hoping for most of the options turned off, such as crosshairs and nametags at the very least.

It's just a little annoying sometimes looking for a server with these options disabled, because not all servers put that in the server title. I've even joined a couple servers that were supposedly veteran or expert (according to both server title and difficulty option shown in server browser) yet they would still have these enabled.

some times after being hit you can gain shock which makes you unconscious on login.

but some time there is no shock status but you are unconscious on login for the rest of your life. could this be fixed?

Regarding the Running toggle situation you might try this, if you're using Track IR move your head closer to the camera and see if that fixes it. I noticed last night that I was unable to run while crouched, it forced me upright to run. When I re-positioned my head with the IR camera it suddenly recognized the command and I was running while crouched. It happened several times last night and every time I was able to correct it by re-positioning my head.

Joe

Regarding the Running toggle situation you might try this' date=' if you're using Track IR move your head closer to the camera and see if that fixes it. I noticed last night that I was unable to run while crouched, it forced me upright to run. When I re-positioned my head with the IR camera it suddenly recognized the command and I was running while crouched. It happened several times last night and every time I was able to correct it by re-positioning my head.

Joe

[/quote']

That's the same as right click, so same solution, different control set.

Please fix the following bug:

If taking the axe or a knife from the ground all of your ammo of any type drops to the ground.

Please fix the following bug:

If taking the axe or a knife from the ground all of your ammo of any type drops to the ground.

It's ARMA2 feature. It drops all ammo which you can't use with your current weapon. Let's hope it will become disable-able in the future beta patch.

Would it be possible (or reasonable) to lower the food / water consumption by (half?) for players who walk, instead of run everywhere?

A player who is running gets places faster, thus able to scavange for water/food faster - a player walking will be hungry/thirsty at the same time, but be no where near the target destination.

I dunno, it's just a thought for those that like to take in the scenery on the country side, and just chill around.

Its not strictly true that it only drops ammo from a gun you don't have kind of thing. Thats always been there and although its sometimes a little annoying, on the whole its a good thing. Something that definitely has started since melee weapons have been added is dropping of stuff when picking up something that goes in the toolbelt, but i can't say 100% that its only stuff that goes in the toolbelt that does it.

Its not strictly true that it only drops ammo from a gun you don't have kind of thing. Thats always been there and although its sometimes a little annoying' date=' on the whole its a good thing. Something that definitely has started since melee weapons have been added is dropping of stuff when picking up something that goes in the toolbelt, but i can't say 100% that its only stuff that goes in the toolbelt that does it.

[/quote']

How is it a good thing? If you picked the ammo up, it's safe to assume you want/need it. Moreover, why should adding stuff to toolbelt drop ammo, which occupies a completely different inventory space?

This happens to me with toolbelt equipment and when I equip a new secondary weapon.

yeah. but still the broken bones. fuck the painkillers. spawn me with a fucking morphine. or change half the broken bones to arms. restrict me to sidearm only when i have a broken arm, until i can get a morphine. at least then i can keep moving and try to find one. i love being swarmed by a horde, i dont even mind getting murdered. im not dead yet, but i do mind an unknown amount of crawling when i cant even see where im going to who knows where and who knows if ill even find a morphine when i get there.. so i guess i must suicide again. it seems like the only way i die anymore. going in circles is cool.

to me, this is really the only thing wrong right now. everything else i can deal with.

Its not strictly true that it only drops ammo from a gun you don't have kind of thing. Thats always been there and although its sometimes a little annoying' date=' on the whole its a good thing. Something that definitely has started since melee weapons have been added is dropping of stuff when picking up something that goes in the toolbelt, but i can't say 100% that its only stuff that goes in the toolbelt that does it.

[/quote']

How is it a good thing? If you picked the ammo up, it's safe to assume you want/need it. Moreover, why should adding stuff to toolbelt drop ammo, which occupies a completely different inventory space?

This happens to me with toolbelt equipment and when I equip a new secondary weapon.

Its a good thing when, say, you are carrying a winny with 4 lots of shells, you find an AK with three mags, you pick up the AK and you drop the winny and all its ammo, saves you pissing about moving one ammo at a time to a loot pile. The only time its a pain in the ass for me is if i want to keep a winny clip or two just in case, then i just put a couple of spare from the new pile on the floor in my bag.

Adding stuff to the toolbelt and it dropping ammo is a bug, i was agreeing with you, i was just saying because i think someone thought it was the Arma thing ive just described. Its not, the dropping random stuff when something goes into the tool belt is since 1.7.1.2 i think and i knows its not the Arma weapon swap thing, because you will often drop more than one kind of ammo, or something will drop from your main inventory and your sidearm inventory. Maybe its related to the Arma feature and some of the new melee code is confusing the engine, making it think youre picking up two kinds of weapon and so its dropping what it thinks you don't need.

Hey Rocket! Do not know if someone posted this bugs and suggestions before, but I just want to help the mod!

- Very Low FPS in big cities(not hardware problem cause Arma 2OA runs fine in armory and MP)

- Visual Glitch (attached images

- Spawned in Debug Forest (happened to my friend)

- http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19702 - sometimes happens to me too!

- leg breaks trying to climb down ladders(rare)

- Wire Fences spawn too often (IMO should decrease the spawn rate or make wire only placeble with a tool box)

- Game Sound gets muted after pass out or get knocked by zombie(when the hourglass appears), reconnect fix the problem until u pass out again.

- Zombie attack range is kinda too loong, do not match with melee weapons and zombies attack through walls easily

- I realized that I am slower than other players(I saw in another topic that may be related to low FPS)

- Player should be able to drink 2 or 3 times from a full Canteen, also soda should heal 30 or 50 of blood

- Morphine Auto Injector too hard to find

- Bleeding is kinda overpowered, I mean, almost every first zombie hit became a hemorrhage, until u find a safe place to bandage you already lost a big part of your blood.

A solution to blood thing might be: reduce chance of bleeding and increase the zombie damage(or ill get to easy) or make the bandage animation quicker.

Of course, some stuff aren't bugs but suggestions, feel free to say what you think! :)

PS: Don't pay much attention on the grammar errors, English isn't my native language and i just want to help!

Me and a friend of mine had some serious issues today while playing. We joined "RU1" and the first thing my friend told me was "My M240 disappeared from my backpack!", the ammo was still there, but the weapon was gone and the slots were available - but it wasn't much of an issue, he wasn't much interested in using it.

However, two hours later, the server died, so we joined "SE 6", and my DRM sniper rifle had disappeared from my backpack! Are weapons no longer safe in this patch? :S Seems all weapons disappear from backpacks...

I think i read once, it is a backpack gitch/bug issue if u get it anything u put in it gun wise seems to vanish, happened to my m249 also.. you have to ditch the pack and get a new one I think.

Any sort of fix coming out for the black "Receiving..." screen appearing every now and then during gameplay (and usually even just staying there forcing you to Ctrl+Alt+Del your way out of the game)?

I second the broken bones thing. It's ridiculous that you can be at 10.000 blood and be killed by one single zombie hit.

Right now (I just died this way) the thing goes like this: you've got 9800 blood, a zombie sees you: no problem, you get up, remember your fleeing route, and start ru... oh, wait, it hit you and you get broken bones and start bleeding. Then you aggro more zombies by shooting (because you can't flee to a safe location) and they get you unconscious. Zombie Ultra Combo = Flawless zombie victory.

I'm not saying the broken bones features should be removed, but zombies should only be able to break your legs when you are surrounded by several of them, or when the same zombie has hit you several times in a row.

Maybe the chance of getting broken legs should be 0% until you get hit by zombies 4 consecutive times (by the same or different zeds), and then start going 5% up by additional hit until a maximum of 50%. When you have not been hit for 10 minutes, and maybe when you heal by eating or getting a transfusion, that chance resets (tweak this numbers as you will).

In short, aggroing a single zombie shouldn't mean the player's death.

I really like all the changes up to this moment that make the game more difficult: nerfed starting equipment, zombie perception (although there are still some bugs to be refined, like zombies hitting through walls). So don't call me a whiner, but I think the rate of broken bones is really high. Specially when taking into account the lack of morphine.

EDIT: L2Grammar.

-debug monitor resetting Z kills and head shots while I'm still active in game (seems random).

-Z sometimes not around at all. I guess they are still searching for other players or like when this guy shot at me and missed 4 times about 3-5 Z attacked him. He of course dc'd like a bitch, but all the Z attacking him disappeared.

-love that Z fuck you up when you let them get up on you (had a blast last night).

-lost some meat trying to add to a full Alice pack.

-some other shit I forget atm...

Any way that you could add a %percent in the blood drop and just remove the debug monitor? I'd rather not know who or what I've killed and how many times I did so. I also know my own name, tyvm. I'd rather not know how many Z are around either. Hehe. Could it be done client side (enable/disable, another server side option would just suck ass) somehow if you don't want to remove it entirely for everyone?

Not THAT important, but the debug monitor is the only niggle for me atm. Hehe. Well and barbed wire glitching all to hell, but I think you already know that. :P

- Morphine Auto Injector too hard to find

Hospitals are full of morphine, you know.

Hunger and thirsty icons seems to reset every time i log on some server.

It doesnt save the last state.

Ex: i leave the server with hunger on red, but if i reconnect again it will be green.

* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%, means more players + zombies possible)

Bring on 75 player servers please!

"...you need to make it balanced"

Profound.

I saw that before you edited it ... mr mature.