rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

broke my leg crawling out of a door... is this a feature or bug?

The door is faulty.

I still feel zombie aggro is too high. Makes it very difficult when you first spawn and have no weapons when even crawling through a village attracts a horde.

EDIT: I thought 1.7.1.2 had it perfect, they noticed you easily but then it was fairly easy to shake them off. Losing a zombie is impossible now without alerting several others in the process.

I still feel zombie aggro is too high. Makes it very difficult when you first spawn and have no weapons when even crawling through a village attracts a horde.

EDIT: I thought 1.7.1.2 had it perfect' date=' they noticed you easily but then it was fairly easy to shake them off. Losing a zombie is impossible now without alerting several others in the process.

[/quote']

Me and a friend just lost 4 zombies by just turning a corner on a wall, they just stopped and then walked back, and we have done this several times before and we didn't alert anymore zombies by doing that.

Rocket you don't think you could make some changes to infections and Antibiotics?

It seems so rare right now to find and the hospitals are stacked on everything else. Perhaps a small increase on the spawn rate? Or if you could lose an infection over time if you keep warm and out of combat.

Yeah I had to kill myself last night to keep my coughing from attracting zeds to my team. We were way out in the boonies and no chance to get to a hospital in any reasonable amount of time. And, of course, even if we did the chances of finding antibiotics were slim.'

Logically you would be able to find antibiotics more readily than you could morphine. But of course we all have to realize that what seems simple to us, in terms of programming, may not be that simple since Rocket and his team have to use the ARMA2 engine that might not support it.

Joe

Hatchet's still spawning to often imho. In every Barn i scavenged are at least two of them. Sometimes even 3 or 4 in one Barn. Should be slightly reduced. Maybe even take them totally away from the loottable and give every player a Hatchet at the start instead of a Flashlight. Should reduce the complains about the hard start also.

What's with the morphine and broken bones?

My uneducated guess is it was a simple way to add a disibility and fix it. We all know morphine doesnt fix a broken leg' date=' but for game play it adds depth.

[/quote']

I didn't mean that. I mean the weird circumstance, that there are no morphine auto-injectors outside of hospitals anymore. Most server are running very low on them. Also, every 5th hit* from a zombie broke my bone, while never* evoking the pain status (which is most likely a bug).

I just want Rocket to look into it, maybe there is in fact an error somewhere.

*tested in 1.7.1.5 with 1.60.93965 in US21 and Chicago 60 with 20 hits from zombies

need to see more morphine spawns' date=' maybe less soda spawns.

also, less broken legs please, that or give us more inventory space because right now the bandages, morphine, etc is going to require more bag space than before. maybe make some of those items stackable. package of say 3-4 bandages or 2-3 morphine. 1 package takes 1 inventory slot. like ammo cartridges. maybe a 6 pack of soda too, idk. anything that comes to mind that would enable us to cram more crap into our inventory.

also i think bleeding needs to be toned down a bit. and going unconscious, those timers are so inconsistent. sometimes 10 seconds, sometimes 3+ minutes, totally random. and if you are bleeding while unconscious for 5 minutes... i don't think that should be happening so random. maybe increase the chance to clot blood and stop bleed w/o bandage.

i understand all this would increase lone wolf survivability, so...

rocket, i assume you want to take additional steps into making this a team-focused game. [b']i suggest going one step further and making bandages only work when applied by another player. this could be what is needed to stop the 1v1 death matches and really create an environment where its not a free-for-all, but a real team game. yes, less lone wolf play. possible but hard, not easymode...

^ this would make people group up to play the game, and the hospitals would turn into a place where players could meet up and group with strangers, or just patch each other up, or trade ammo and stuff in the process! and make new com padres. rather than places where players camp and kill each other out of boredom.

i dont usually want to play with other players. there is no right or wrong way to play this game, right? forcing me to get with other players to put on a freakin band aid tells me im playing the game wrong. its bad enough i cant stick my own arm with a bloodpack, i have to find gun, ammo, knife, matches, hatchet/wood just to hunt. thats easy enough, but there must be a way for me to make me stop bleeding, especially when the blood starts flowing with 1 hit, and i can bleed out from a bloody nose. the broken bones on top of all that. ive been shot before right after administering blood. there is a reason i dont trust you in game, and why force me take more unnecessary risks unless i choose too? besides, if the friends i have arent available right now, why would you want me to make new ones?

One problem I encountered was a sound issue' date=' I kept losing sound, or it was going down to 10% Although in the options audio was fine, along with my own audio settings. Wondered if it's a issue with the mod or just myself, if anyone else has encountered this problem?

[/quote']

I was also having this sound issue but since hotfix 1.7.1.5 and beta 93965 it seems to be fixed.

Morphine is found in military camps and hospital, sometimes in stores and that seems ok for me. You´re not going over the street, finding morphine there in "RL".

What´s wrong with a broken bone, when a zombie hitted you 3 times? Thats ok, shoot them or avoid them.

Nice work rocket 1.7.1.5 is the most stable build now in my opinion. The only issue right now is that you will sometimes drop ammo if you pick something up. And i would appreciate some more improvement on the performance.

But take your time Rocket!

You're the best :)

i dont usually want to play with other players. there is no right or wrong way to play this game' date=' right? forcing me to get with other players to put on a freakin band aid tells me im playing the game wrong. its bad enough i cant stick my own arm with a bloodpack, i have to find gun, ammo, knife, matches, hatchet/wood just to hunt. thats easy enough, but there must be a way for me to make me stop bleeding, especially when the blood starts flowing with 1 hit, and i can bleed out from a bloody nose. the broken bones on top of all that. ive been shot before right after administering blood. there is a reason i dont trust you in game, and why force me take more unnecessary risks unless i choose too? besides, if the friends i have arent available right now, why would you want me to make new ones?

[/quote']

Totally agree, being forced into group is not very apealing!

On subject on food.. Very unevenly spread loot stacks of food and weapon, can somtimes not find any of it, and other time i cant even turn around without tripping over it.

lol @ people complaining about morphine injections and broken bones after 5 hits... its easier to find marijuana than morphine in real life

well done rocket.. cant wait for the performance improvement

Is the zzombies suppose to Zig zack like f*ck? you should srsly fix that tho cuz it's bad :[

Can you ban text speak from the forum rocket? A lot of us don't speak retard you see.

Bug :

When u pick up a gun that is too big for the space left in your backpack the gun disappears.

Same if u want to move your gun from your hands into the backpack and there is no room for it -> gun disappears :(

Can you ban text speak from the forum rocket? A lot of us don't speak retard you see.

yeah! agree 100% i come from a time before all that crap was created. dr/tr or whatever the hell that is. imo lmfao sounds stupid. just type it out! T.T are my real life initials for fuck sake. i just dont know what guys are trying to say sometimes...op

to me, "opp" means: other peoples panties

please dont give me a list of acronyms and what they mean, i dont care, i speak english.

You´re not going over the street' date=' finding morphine there in "RL".

[/quote']Lol you'd be surprised, i have morphine in my house due to my partners illness, and i work in a residential home where we have several rooms with people who use morphine.

Thats not even counting morphine that may be in the homes of drug abusers and such, also this is an eastern european country and drugs are much more readily available.

Is the zzombies suppose to Zig zack like f*ck? you should srsly fix that tho cuz it's bad :[

Please don't post like that. Use proper written language, even if you're texting in from a phone. Take the extra time to fully type out what you mean and maybe you'll actually be taken seriously.

The zig-zaggy frantic zombie pathfinding is something I'd like to see smoothed out in future releases. Our ARMA avatars have nice fluid animation changes between each action, and even if they zeds have some kind of superhuman virus, they still have mass and should abide the laws of physics with their actions.

The zig-zaggy frantic zombie pathfinding is something I'd like to see smoothed out in future releases. Our ARMA avatars have nice fluid animation changes between each action, and even if they zeds have some kind of superhuman virus, they still have mass and should abide the laws of physics with their actions.

Yeah I would like to see this smoothed out as well.

I get that they should be unpredictable, and hard to line up a shot as they run at you, but the way it is now just looks silly..

Aside from this, zeds hitting through walls, ammo disappearing and packs deleting stuff, the game is nearly perfect! :)

ooh I just saw a cow walking across a field.. I actually just sat in a bush and watched it! lol ;)

Morphine is found in military camps and hospital' date=' sometimes in stores and that seems ok for me. You´re not going over the street, finding morphine there in "RL".

What´s wrong with a broken bone, when a zombie hitted you 3 times? Thats ok, shoot them or avoid them.

[/quote']

The problem is you can aggro a zombie near a barn and all of the sudden you have 5 zombies going zig-zag from 2-3 directions, and before you even have a chance to go in the barn at the top of the stairs, there's 1-2 zombies on your back - 1 punch and you have broken legs.

Getting broken anything is very unrealistic - might break a nose or lose some teeth... but breaking a leg from a zombie that's obviously punching or scratching like an animal?

-ammo quantity tracking

So we finally have to find new mags for guns instead of just switching servers? nice.

Isn't that already in since one of the latest hotfixes/updates? Pretty sure I've have half-full magazines disappear (assumed they combined into 1 full mag) after disconnecting a few days ago.

You could be my saviour.. only have a pistol' date=' a backpack with some food, and my frekkin kold xD, ive only found antibiotics 2 other times when i didnt need it and never did in those lives heh typical.

Send you a PM :)

[/quote']

Sure, PM on.

How do you expect ppl with bizons and bs50s and other guns from heli crashes to find ammo to reload? you should spawn ammo from heli gun crashes in barracks and other random places not just helicopter crashes.