Sign in to follow this  
leviski

Found Walkie Talkie

Anyone know how to work a Walkie Talkie?

Im thinking they do not work yet.

follow these steps:

First take a hot towel and wrap it round your leg. Second, face North and stand completely still for 3 days. Then you can use the walkie talkie.

• Like 2

They're random loot atm, I hope they implement that you need a walkie talkie for typing/talking in side.

• Like 1

I think they do work if you have a full battery and someone to talk to on the second unit.

Needs someone to emit and someone to recieve.

Maybe set to same frequency.

Not able to confirm, so I may be completely wrong.

I had one earlier, Actually that's a lie I had multiple on me at one stage.
I didn't have any batteries on me to try and get them working but i'd assume those are needed.

I also found a walkie talkie and tried to put a battery in it, but it didn't work and I never saw any options to actually use it.

I was on a weird server, I was on Elektro...

The sky was full of clouds, I couldn't see the sun and the wind was pretty strong, I was picking up supplies so I could travel north to finally leave the the coast. As I was entering the North Firestation, I noticed that every door was closed, every single one. I was also creeped out because the server was full but I didn't see ANYONE in Elektro, it was like a ghost town. 

Anyway, I opened the big doors, I noticed that there was NO loot at all. Just a black... thing on a shelf, I went to it and saw that it was a Walkie Talkie.

There was no description, just "...", and I couldn't turn it on, even with batteries, there was just the option to "Inspect" the object.

What is that?

This is not even a joke, I am actually creeped out about this, I still have it in my inventory if you guys want a picture.

Almost positive they are non functional. Would be nice to know if current one I'm holding is worth it. Don't think so. Probably a massive update required for walkie talkie functionality.

Won't this require multiple chat channels as well?

If they have any functionality it would likely be an additional chat channel. Maybe try switching channels?

I found one, but died before I could experiment with it.

After seeing many people confirm the same thing, I can attest that they do not work in the game yet.

So note to all! 

Drop the Walk and Talks

Teamspeak 3 > In-game Radio

I think the idea is more about communicating with strangers.

Personally I like not having sidechat but being able to cycle through frequencies listening or broadcasting while you chill out in some quiet town.