pythonmsh

Should combat logging be ban-able?

363 members have voted

1. 1. Should combat logging be ban-able?

• Yes
    • No

I'm so sick of 3/4 of the people I run into combat logging. It's cheating and it completely ruins the DayZ experience. I feel like if you combat log you should be banned, especially after so many times.

• Like 3

they should do a 10 second exit timer!

Edited by Fflint
  • Like 11

I'm so sick of 3/4 of the people I run into combat logging. It's cheating and it completely ruins the DayZ experience. I feel like if you combat log you should be banned, especially after so many times.

Why? I just feel like going to bathroom right when im getting shot at so i exit my game..

• Like 10

haah and how are u gunan prove hes a combat logger and whos just logging out ?

until theres a combat logout timer, ur basicly stuck with it as is.

Easy fix. Instadeath.

Deal with it or play another game. 

• Like 8

If only there was a way to disable alt f4 while in game, and make a ten second timer mandatory to exit a server.

I hate combat loggers, take your death like a man. It's what makes DayZ fun.

• Like 4

Logging out while in combat should force you to leave behind your body and respawn when you reconnect.

If you happen to get DCed, sucks, but the people who abuse the system far outweigh the few unlucky people that DC in combat.

• Like 5

Maybe when there's mechanics in place to prevent combat logging, then it would be ban-able to circumvent the protection. But, currently in the unprotected alpha, nah i wouldn't ban.

haah and how are u gunan prove hes a combat logger and whos just logging out ?

until theres a combat logout timer, ur basicly stuck with it as is.

He did it right infront of me. Kill yourself.

No... there should never be a mechanic that will punish people who have legit bad connections permanently.

• Like 3

Another thing, I was being chased by an axe wielding maniac when my game suddenly crashed to desktop. I would have been pissed if I got banned. Things aren't always as black and white as they seem.

• Like 3

Definetly yes. Completely agree with OP's post. I'm sure in time there will be something in place.

Another thing, I was being chased by an axe wielding maniac when my game suddenly crashed to desktop. I would have been pissed if I got banned. Things aren't always as black and white as they seem.

There needs to be a fine line. I highly doubt when someone encounters someone else their game crashes, yes it happens. But most people actually combat log.

Edited by pythonmsh

yes because telling people to kill themselves solves everything, right? riiiiiight??

• Like 4

yes because telling people to kill themselves solves everything, right? riiiiiight??

In some cases it might just do so.

This isn't going to happen whether or not we vote it as bannable or otherwise.  The game could hang you up in game for up to five seconds or something prior to allowing an exit... but that is fraught with a whole bunch of issues.  Losing a kill sucks... but getting banned because your computer lost internet connection is ridiculous.

Doesn't matter.  You can't prove everyone's intentions based on what one person did in front of you.

Honestly, your language is the only thing ban-able I see here.

• Like 3

Doesn't matter.  You can't prove everyone's intentions based on what one person did in front of you.

Honestly, your language is the only thing ban-able I see here.

It isn't one person.

It should be when you log out, your body stays behind for 2 minutes, and if you are spotted/killed then your character dies when you log back on. If the 2 minutes are up, the npc simply dissapears.

It should be when you log out, your body stays behind for 2 minutes, and if you are spotted/killed then your character dies when you log back on. If the 2 minutes are up, the npc simply dissapears.

annnnnnnnd when I switched servers prior to dying the information that I died is written to the hive after I'm already in a new server.  Then what?  I drop dead instantly like I'm in the matrix or do I continue playing... but wait... what if I logged out of that server and realized the error of my way and logged back into the same server to accept my fate.. my friend kills my "fake" body but then loots it and I still have my old loot because I logged out and my duplicate took the death thusly duping my body.... unless the matrix thing happens and I die instantly beside my own body thus giving my attacker twice the loot!

(this was exploited on the mod in just the way I'm hinting at)

Edited by jBrick
  • Like 1

Combat logging is lame but banning is a bit of a harsh punishment. Just have combat timers like before, and if they force log then their character dies. If you want a harsher punishment, just give them a timeout of an hour or more.

• Like 2

I can understand where people are coming from when it comes to getting DC'd or what not. But most of the time that's not the case. The people trying to defend combat logging with any other reasoning is a combat logger themselves.

Those saying no are either stupid, or guilty of combat logging themselves.

I say absolutely yes.

I don't know if it should bannable...but I do think a hand should reach through the screen and slap the offending party in the face.

I don't know if it should bannable...but I do think a hand should reach through the screen and slap the offending party in the face.

Well it's an exploit that ruins the game for others. I don't think a first offense is warranting of a ban, but multiple counts should = banhammer.

Edited by OfficerRaymond