rocket

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113860

I wonder if you could add a way to store things when you killed to recover them, also want to know if you could add the possibility of a second character because I play with friends and we are all together, but when they are not I would like to play with another character

thanks

Edited by Christoferthz

your whole logic is wrong using items between servers isn't cheating, but logging out right when you go unconscious to wait for your friend to get to where you are is. That's being unconscious for like 10 secs when it could of took your friend 10-15 to get to you with the needed supplies. You are exploiting a game mechanic.

Guys...

• Design: players who disconnect when unconscious will die

This has cost me personally, hours and hours of hard work and made the game virtually unplayable. I never know if my gear will be there when I join a new server.

Thats weird, I've never been wiped once from changing servers, and I've done that 20+times the past couple days when playing with friends.

• Like 2

Loving the updates coming out so far and the progress being made.

I wonder if you could add a way to store things when you killed to recover them, also want to know if you could add the possibility of a second character because I play with friends and we are all together, but when they are not I would like to play with another character

thanks

I've been waiting for storage to be implemented too. It would help with the problem of losing all my gear every time I log off...

Also, once hives are set up you should be able to have as many characters as you want on separate hives. (groups of servers that are independent of the public "hive" and have independent characters)

Guys...

Thats weird, I've never been wiped once from changing servers, and I've done that 20+times the past couple days when playing with friends.

Are you trying to say that I'm losing my character because I'm logging out while unconscious? Because these are two separate issues we're talking about.

I dont know why it hasn't happened to you, I hope it doesnt, but it's a well documented bug that a lot of people are not happy about.

I know it's alpha, but we're still supposed to be able to enjoy it right?

Really like the two changes of disabling the global voice and also the fix to regenerating blood.

Thanks rocket and team!

This has cost me personally, hours and hours of hard work and made the game virtually unplayable. I never know if my gear will be there when I join a new server.

LOL, you're expecting way too much way too soon.  You should stop playing until the game is fully released.

Lol, Ain't it FUN!?

Edited by twinturbonet

thanks

2nd character slot is not a bad idea.  I too play with friends and we generally log on together, but sometimes I would like to play and they aren't around.

LOL, you're expecting way too much way too soon.  You should stop playing until the game is fully released.

Lol, Ain't it FUN!?

Please refer back to point # 2

I know it's alpha, but we're still supposed to be able to enjoy it right?

Sort of.  When purchasing an Alpha, you should consider yourself a "TESTER".  Do testers always have fun?  No.

OMG...some of the idiots posting in this thread would make me "quit my day job" if I were Rocket.

With that said thanks for the updates Rocket!

Please refer back to point # 2

Dude, but what did you expect?  You know how Dean specifically said "I urge you NOT to buy the alpha, it is broken and has many many bugs"... This statement was basically for people like you.  

No offense, but you did buy an ALPHA and you should consider yourself as a tester.  Things will break, you will lose items, and there will be character swipes.  In order to have a good time, you MUST understand this before playing.

• Like 3

Alpha testers, and even beta testers, generally don't pay retail price for the piece of software they're "testing", but that is besides the point.

Also, I dont follow Dean on twitter or anything, so I didn't get the memo about anything he specifically said. Props to you though for being in the know.

I really wasn't trying to start an argument about the bug in question here, just draw attention to it as something that is highly game breaking and deserves more attention than licking batteries, for example..

Alpha testers, and even beta testers, generally don't pay retail price for the piece of software they're "testing", but that is besides the point.

Also, I dont follow Dean on twitter or anything, so I didn't get the memo about anything he specifically said. Props to you though for being in the know.

I really wasn't trying to start an argument about the bug in question here, just draw attention to it as something that is highly game breaking and deserves more attention than licking batteries, for example..

I do agree that the SA should have been $15/20 the price should go up to $39.99 or whatever upon it's final release, but yea, it is what it is I guess.

Yea, I did follow the forums for a while and although I didn't read every single page, I did however read every announcement or dev blog & watch the 5 minute videos of what's going on in DayZ SA etc.  I guess it paid off, because I'm full of DayZ knowledge :)  Lol.

:beans:

Dear rocket , what about combat logging ? How can I restrain any1 if he log out when he sees me :D

We need vehicles ( to be faster , maybe only bikes for now ) and tents ( to horde things :D )

I just lost all my equipment again because of joining a server i apparently shouldn't have. I love how your patches addressed that.

I love it when a patch doesn't address someone's idea of the top concern so they just assume it isn't being worked on at all.

• Like 4

Design: Players who disconnect when restrained will die.

I think that's a bad move at the moment. While I was playing yesterday I was robbed twice for my blood, both times I was restrained. However when it said I broke free in the chat, I wasn't actually free. I had to relog for it to take effect. Same thing happened to me the second time I was robbed when the player even unlocked the handcuffs, once again had to relog. So unless that's been fixed, this is a bad move for now.