knawx

Patch #2 Incomming - What do you want to see?

I am happy with things at the moment, I'd like to see increased timing on thirst as I get thirsty 2 mins after drinking. However I think the devs deserve a break :) they've done a good job and deserve a beer/rest.

• Like 1

Not having to eat and drink every 5 minutes.  That is pretty much the only thing I want atm.

If you eat and drink enough you can go over an hour without getting a message. These complaints have been flooding the forums since launch and have been addressed. Basically, you're just doing it wrong.

Edit: As stated, you spawn basically starving and dehydrating, eat and drink until you feel stuffed and you'll be good to go for a very long time. 

Edited by strngplyr

I guess no one PVP's in this game? Fix combat logging, game is completely pointless when you can relog and come back to life with all your gear. Waste of time.

Day/night Cycle fix. Forget guns, need more one time use food/drink, at least in towns. Been searching entire towns only to find a rotten banana or kiwi (I know some of this may be other players clearing the area first but it still needs some balancing) I almost think there should be a crazy amount of food/drink goods, just not the most practical. Make canteens and water bottles much harder to find but leave us a ton of soda and fruit. 

Would love to be able to spawn with friends, even if only when starting from scratch. 

Not having to eat and drink every 5 minutes.  That is pretty much the only thing I want atm.

You don't. Fill up and it will last a good long time. Eat "just enough" to get the message and you will be bugged every few minutes about it because you are on the verge of starvation.

have you tried to eat and drink as much until a text pops up which says something like "my stomach is full" in addition with not sprinting everywhere you go. you won't need food or water for quite some time. i think the new health system is really good actually. problem is we don't understand it really.

Edited by joe_mcentire

1: Fixes to any known bugs you have, obviously.

2: More accurate status indicators to nourishment levels. This can be done however you want, just figure it out. Personally, I'd just like to see the old hud placed in the inventory screen next to the character. It would be kind of nostalgic, while still being off screen during gameplay. At least we'd be able to check it at will.

3: Water purification tablets. No matter how many "tablets" I have, it uses all of them when I purify a bottle of water. This is very annoying. I want more than one use out of those things.

4: The ability to combine medical items like pills. It's frustrating when I find myself carrying two bottles of vitamins that have barely anything in them, or one pack of antibiotics with 11 pills and one pack with 1 pill. Why can't I combine those things?

5: Better implementation of the "hands" box. You can right click an item and select "take into hands," but you can't just drag an item from the vicinity into your hands box.

6: Hot bar keys need to respond better. I find I have to press every hot key twice. That is annoying.

7: Animation smoothing for certain tasks would be nice. Switching weapons while moving, for example. Or walking while taking a drink. I don't know how much work that entails, but it looks like it was slightly improved in the last patch.

8: Gas lanterns work without a gas canister. Seems like a quick fix.

9: Eating and drinking should leave behind waste objects, like in the mod. I like tracking players that way.

And finally, please include configurations for crafting, cooking, animals and gutting, as quickly as possible. It's a major chunk of the game and it would make the experience feel much more rewarding. I just want to cook a can of beans or a steak and have a nice, hot meal. It would also be cool if eating cooked food improved the state of your character.

Also zombies.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

You don't. Fill up and it will last a good long time. Eat "just enough" to get the message and you will be bugged every few minutes about it because you are on the verge of starvation.

I think that gamers should be able to intuit this however, as I had no idea. Not sure how it could be worked, but you shouldn't have to come here to find out.

The ability to backflip and backstab someone with a rapier and hornet ring.

• Like 1

Shorter day/night cycles, OR servers set to their timezone.  Also wouldn't mind a minimal Hud display.  I just don't think it takes away much, if anything, from immersion.

I think that gamers should be able to intuit this however, as I had no idea. Not sure how it could be worked, but you shouldn't have to come here to find out.

Oddly, those telling you to do this didn't come here to find out. My friend and I did some trial and error and found out that if you fill up it seems to last a VERY long time. 

have you tried to eat and drink as much until a text pops up which says something like "my stomach is full" in addition with not sprinting everywhere you go. you won't need food or water for quite some time. i think the new health system is really good actually. problem is we don't understand it really.

I just read about that a few minutes ago.  I'm going to try it because apparently if you get full you don't have to eat for atleast 1.5 hours.

What do I want to see?  The patch notes!

yes serverhopping solution is a need.

And a performance boost at the apartments would be nice.

Also a zomie fix (glitching)

Perfomance boost in apartments in cherno?

My comp runs very smooth there, you sure it isnt your comp thats the prob?

assuming this patch probably isn't something big, too soon.

so i'd hope for more day servers, or quicker day/night cycle

and combat logging protection (but i'd guess that's a really low priority)

loot respawn timers, maybe more zombies - doubtful

it'll probably be something like - fixed the player connecting message

I just read about that a few minutes ago.  I'm going to try it because apparently if you get full you don't have to eat for atleast 1.5 hours.

i think the system is great. the thing is ppl think if their thirst is quenched they are at 100% but from what i know they are actually at 25-50%. that's the problem. i was almost dying from thirst, came across a well and had do use it like more than 20x to get "your stomach feels full". i think they could reduce that a bit ;)

Oddly, those telling you to do this didn't come here to find out. My friend and I did some trial and error and found out that if you fill up it seems to last a VERY long time. 

I guess it's just my instinct left over from the mod to conserve drinks (and assume that one is enough to replenish your thirst).

What misleads me is when it says 'you have quenched your thirst'---which to me says I've had all the drink I need. Yet I still get the 'I feel thirsty' 2 mins down the line. Perhaps this is all that needs changing?

I want more sound and feedback of you hitting zombies or players and them hitting you.

I thought I was doing pretty damn good dodging a zombie hits but after I killed him with my bat I noticed I was bleeding. I didn't know he was hitting me! Hope that gets fixed soon. I didn't even know if I was hitting them or not. It takes a lot of hits to kill a zombie and there is one small muffled sound effect you can hardly hear if you hit with a melee. There is also no feedback from the zombie showing you hitting it.

I had a few times where some other player was hitting me and I had no clue lol. I turned around and started hitting him. I killed him but he got knocked down then stood back up. He was knocked out standing up!  :D

Perfomance boost in apartments in cherno?

My comp runs very smooth there, you sure it isnt your comp thats the prob?

Many high end comps even run towns poorly (but still playable) because the client optimization isn't done yet. Here's the ticket about it http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=247