Sign in to follow this  
BigBennyLava

What guns do you want to see?

As the title said. Please no flaming about 'this or that shouldn't be in the game because of X/Y reason'.

I'd like to see..

-Beretta M9

-Some kind of hunting revolver (a .44 S&W would be nice!)

-Remington 700

-SCAR-H (perhaps a bit rare to find unless it comes in a chopper, in which case Spec Ops have it)

-G36 (K, C, any of them)

• Like 3

Lots of old hunting rifles and loads of AK variants. Basically Russian stuff. Woudl love to see a Ppsh too <3

• Like 6

Definitely, they gotta have the 7.62x39mm AK47, think it was the AK47M in DayZ. That was a really good shooter.

Lots of old hunting rifles and loads of AK variants. Basically Russian stuff. Woudl love to see a Ppsh too <3

What the said. One or two snubbies would be really cool! But mostly civillian stuff. Let me put it like this : DayZ with only civilian weapons would be 19/10 ;)

• Like 2

Lol your list is terrible. No US or Ger Military weapons, that's just stupid. At most some Russian VDV or spetz weapons at like an airport maybe and normal russian/eastern weapons such as (SKS, Nagant Revolver, Ak-47, Ak-74, Hunting rifles, etc, etc

• Like 1

Why is my list terrible? Why is the M4A1 already in the game if there's no US weapons?

It makes sense. Some Special Ops groups use those weapons and some Police units use the G36, as well as the German Army. If there's military bases that already have M4's in them then it's not unrealistic to find them there.

Edited by BigBennyLava

What guns are currently in the game atm? All iv found was something like the Mossin, an M4 variant and some kind of automatic pistol or whatever.

Edited by Deathlove

Just saying what I would like in game. anyways an M4 or M4 like is very common. A Scar-H or G36k being seen in rural Russia? Yeah, no.

Contender pistol!

It is a single shot but the different barrels will allow it to fire even shotgun shells and a wide variety of ammo. :) 

• Like 1

RPK,PKM and pretty much any russian AK weapon. But it would be nice to see a lot of say pistol/shotguns variants near civy areas as some good starter weapons cause they are common and easy to get.

Bring on the military weapons.

As my entire post history has been dedicated to preserving "military" weapons in DayZ, I'll be brief.

An assault rifle isn't god's gift to man, so stop acting like it equals an anti-materiel rifle. Someone with a Mosin can easily drop someone with an AR-15. Likewise, "military weapons" often have widely-available civilian variants.

Whatever weapons they include will have to be balanced by rarity, rarity of ammunition, rarity of magazines, rarity of optics, etc. It won't be like it was in the mod, with 100% ready to roll weapons laying around with DMR mags spawning in every hut. Likewise, I think we'll see a "maintenance" aspect to weapons further on down the line where you'll have to periodically clean/oil your weapon. I mean, we're already looting M4's with degraded components. I have no idea if this actually matters in terms of performance yet, but it's a good start.

So long as there's a variety of weapons, I'm all for whatever. I think there should be more "Russian" weapons, but that NATO weapons shouldn't be hyper-rare to the point of being useless. Dismissing any weapon categorically doesn't make sense to me. Bring on the military AND civilian weapons!

Plus, if the initial crop of weapons is any indicator (M4 w/ robust attachment mechanic, and FNX45) we'll see plenty of military weapons. So folks who want to be bashing each other 24/7 with silly Romero melee tropes will have to learn to live with it.

EDIT - On topic, I'd love to see more battle rifles. SVD, Mk 17, SR-25/M110/AR-10, FAL, G3, etc.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

Why do people think its stupid for western weapons??? obviously there was an international/UN/NATO intervention mission at the out break, all the wreckage etc is there. Plenty o evidence of it

Im all for hunting rifles... a PKP would rock, old svds flooded the world market after the iron curtain fell, id think they should be fairly common. As well as most ak variants> Chinese have been flooding the market with m14 knock offs recently, real cheap. The more guns the better. :lol:

Knives. More knives. Throwing knives and a selection of sheaths. 

Also traps. Tripwires, bear traps, caltrops. Improvised weaponry. 

We'll no doubt get our fill of conventional, balistic weaponry. I'm more interested in unconventional, quieter, less ammunition dependent options.

I want to see stuff that I think I'd actually have a chance of seeing. Lots of Eastern and Warsaw Pact military firearms. Lots of European hunting guns of various types. Lots of handguns.

Things that are plain silly (ie, AA-12, AS50) or unlikely (ie, SA80, Ed Brown Executive Elite) or too old (ie, flintlock musket) I don't want to see.

I'd like a Baikal MP-153. It's Russian, but it's very popular in Europe and North America, even in Pakistan. Why? It's cheap, and it works. Autoloaders tend to be much more expensive than pumps. It would have to be with the IC choke for slugs, though.

V9VbtAL.jpg?1

Another gun I'd like would be the Tikka T3. Again, common and popular because it's cheap and it works. These Tikkas have a reputation for great out-of-the-box accuracy.

Mq0BM2k.jpg?1

Weapons like these just fit, IMO

• Like 3

I also think it's important to consider the attachments system now in tandem with mere addition of more weapons. I'd love to see this system expanded to include different barrel lengths (i.e. turning an M4 into a pseudo-M16/Mk 12, or shortening the barrel to turn it into a Mk 18/CQBR). Parts commonality would be an interesting dynamic for loot balance as well. These different barrels would have different properties in terms of accuracy and mobility.

Same could go with foregrips and the like. I think the bipod is very cool in DayZ now, but it's a bit cumbersome to deploy. Same goes with the attached light, I liked it when it was just the "L" key. But very cool initial concepts.

• Like 2

MG34, Germans brought a lot of those to both Russia and Czechoslovakia. Same with MG42's later on in the war, and Yugoslavia and other countries in the vicinity mass produced them afterwards. Also a gun that can replace the DMr from the mod. So basically a battle rifle with the option for an extended barrel, bipod and scope. Dragunov would count, but it has a too low rate of fire compared to the DMR. So yeah... M14 please! Or a Tokarev with extended barrel and extended mag options. The original had quite a limited mag size.

M24

DMR

M240B (.338 Mag)

Deaset Eagle

G36's

AUG

P90

MP5

and my fav the Fully Auto Shotgun the AA-12

• Like 1

M240B (.338 Mag)

I forgot about this, .338 Norma Mag GPMG. #sharkswithlaserbeamsontheirhead

338_norma_-tfb.jpg

I'd love to see more LMGs/GPMGs as well, albeit with hefty ammunition rarity and constant maintenance requirements.

Edited by Katana67

"This is the greatest handgun ever made. The Colt Single Action Army. Six bullets... More than enough to kill anything that moves. Now I'll show you why they call me... 'Revolver'.— Revolver Ocelot

Edited by Felthat

As the title said. Please no flaming about 'this or that shouldn't be in the game because of X/Y reason'.

I'd like to see..

-Beretta M9

-Some kind of hunting revolver (a .44 S&W would be nice!)

-Remington 700

-SCAR-H (perhaps a bit rare to find unless it comes in a chopper, in which case Spec Ops have it)

-G36 (K, C, any of them)

AKM... my baby

As my entire post history has been dedicated to preserving "military" weapons in DayZ, I'll be brief.

An assault rifle isn't god's gift to man, so stop acting like it equals an anti-materiel rifle. Someone with a Mosin can easily drop someone with an AR-15. Likewise, "military weapons" often have widely-available civilian variants.

Whatever weapons they include will have to be balanced by rarity, rarity of ammunition, rarity of magazines, rarity of optics, etc. It won't be like it was in the mod, with 100% ready to roll weapons laying around with DMR mags spawning in every hut. Likewise, I think we'll see a "maintenance" aspect to weapons further on down the line where you'll have to periodically clean/oil your weapon. I mean, we're already looting M4's with degraded components. I have no idea if this actually matters in terms of performance yet, but it's a good start.

So long as there's a variety of weapons, I'm all for whatever. I think there should be more "Russian" weapons, but that NATO weapons shouldn't be hyper-rare to the point of being useless. Dismissing any weapon categorically doesn't make sense to me. Bring on the military AND civilian weapons!

Plus, if the initial crop of weapons is any indicator (M4 w/ robust attachment mechanic, and FNX45) we'll see plenty of military weapons. So folks who want to be bashing each other 24/7 with silly Romero melee tropes will have to learn to live with it.

EDIT - On topic, I'd love to see more battle rifles. SVD, Mk 17, SR-25/M110/AR-10, FAL, G3, etc.

Shame you're typical civilian wouldnt be able to maintain let alone operate most military weapons, SA should stick to civilian rifles, shotguns some assault rifles and maybe a standard mil bolt action rifle or so. Dean said before he wanted the SA to be more bummish not a milsim like the mod was since it was built around arma2. That said I can see there being lots of attachments but I dont see lmgs, and anti material rifles etc being added to the SA 

If I have to do weapon maintenance in a game, but the game doesn't have a weapon audio signature that doesn't sound like a childs pop-gun OR weapons don't have any weapon sway to them even when you're in a standing position... well i'd be pissed off...

• Like 1