Sign in to follow this  
BigBennyLava

What guns do you want to see?

I really would like to see some more realistic hunting weapons, like .30-06, or a .270 win mag. Maybe a tokarev too.

edit: in general, WWAYYY more civilian weapons.

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX

Few Few Few military rifles I mean like maybe 2 or 3.

Civilian weapons should be plenty. Following weapons and accessories should be readily available considering their popularity in real life.

Ruger 1022 22.lr rifle

indexHeader.jpg

One of the most popular and versatile guns in the world it has a wide variety of accessories everything from silencers to bipods to optics.

Remington 700

spst6.jpg

The civilian hunting rifle that does it all. The Remington 700 has served civilian hunters as well as military snipers throughout the world. It comes in a wide variety of ammo types and both a .223 remington and a 7.62 version should be represented.

Hunting range finder/golfing

leicacrfbeamx400.gif

These badboys are readily available and above all things cheap. They can give you a good range estimation to your target for a hundred bucks.

Now for the really, long list;

Really Long List:

Their spawn rate is in respect to the current SA gun spawn rates.

• AKM/AKMS variants --> Used by the CDF (Militia), and very common enough to appear there. Common
  • AK-74/AKS-74 --> Used by the CDF, also still really common around the world. Common
  • AKS-74U --> Used by the CDF, and probably by police. Common enough. Rare
  • SKS --> Another very common gun on the world stage, likely used by militia and even farmers too. Common
  • SVT-40 --> Not exactly common anymore, but enough were built that it makes sense. Rare
  • AK-103/105 --> Maybe not common in Chernarus, but used by Russian troops. Very Rare
  • RPK --> Probably in use with the militia, and guerrillas. Extremely Rare
  • RPK-74 --> CDF's main support weapon (alongside the PKM). Militia would also have a bunch. Very Rare
  • RPD --> Rare nowadays, but these guns still show up in regional conflicts everywhere, and I can imagine Chernarus is no exception. Extremely Rare
  • PK/PKM --> CDF's main GPMG, both for infantry and by vehicles. Also used by militia. Extremely Rare
  • PPSh-41 --> Probably used by militia/paramilitary forces. Very Rare
  • PPS-43 --> Could still be used by the military and/or police, maybe militia. Very Rare
  • Makarov PM --> CDF standard service handgun, also used by pretty much every other Chernarussian group. Common
  • Tokarev TT-33 --> So popular worldwide, probably used by military and police as well. Common
  • Nagant M1895 --> Likely used by civilians and the police force. Common
  • Remington 870 --> It is the world's most produced and exported shotgun, so... Rare
  • Remington 700 --> I can imagine that the popularity of this rifle would lead to it being used by hunters in Chernarus. Very Rare
  • Mauser K98K --> Like the Mosin, a lot of these went around to poorer states post WW2, and most of them were handed down to the civilian populace or sold off. Rare
  • MP-40 --> One of the guns I'm not sure would be realistic, but a lot of these were built and had the same outcome as the K98s (Not nearly as many went to civilians, though) Extremely Rare
  • Walther P38 --> Enough were built, and popular enough. Common
  • Luger P08 --> Enough were built, and popular enough. Rare
  • Mauser C96 --> Yes, enough were built, and yes, popular enough. Rare
  • Beretta 92F/S --> U.S. involvement would probably bring some of these in, and I can imagine imports would not be far off Very Rare
  • M16A2/A4 --> U.S. involvement would probably bring some of these in Very Rare
  • M39 EMR/MK14 EBR --> Used by the Marines and Army respectively, I can imagine a few designated marksmen would be deployed Extremely Rare
  • M249 SAW/FN Minimi --> Enough of these are used by the U.S. that they could be justified, and the minimi is internationally used. Extremely Rare
  • M240/FN Mag --> Probably still would show up alongside U.S. forces, and the Mag is very popular. Extremely Rare
  • FN FAL --> Brought in from Takistan, if for nothing, and enough were built Very Rare
  • G3A3/A4 --> Enough were built. Rare
  • M16A1 --> I can imagine that some militia forces have these. Extremely Rare

Obviously there are more guns that make sense, and this could easily be disputed, but I digress. These are the ones I want to see :P.

Few Few Few military rifles I mean like maybe 2 or 3.

Two or three?

So you're saying that alongside the M4A1 there should only be essentially two more? And being that the AK-74 is planned you only want one other military rifle besides that? My guess is that they'd have to pick the AKM for realism at any rate.

Why is my list terrible? Why is the M4A1 already in the game if there's no US weapons?

It makes sense. Some Special Ops groups use those weapons and some Police units use the G36, as well as the German Army. If there's military bases that already have M4's in them then it's not unrealistic to find them there.

I have a feeling M4 is in the game first  because it's the perfect platform for devs to test the new modular attachment system, just as it is irl. But Cherno does not feel right without AK :/

Two or three?

So you're saying that alongside the M4A1 there should only be essentially two more? And being that the AK-74 is planned you only want one other military rifle besides that? My guess is that they'd have to pick the AKM for realism at any rate.

Initially yes.

focusing on civilian weapons first will end up with a civilian heavy weapon set that results in the military weapons being carefully chosen instead just putting in dumb choices like the scar a weapon that is not only extremely rare in the US but exponentially so in a easter bloc country.

Now for the really, long list;

Really Long List:

Their spawn rate is in respect to the current SA gun spawn rates.

• AKM/AKMS variants --> Used by the CDF (Militia), and very common enough to appear there. Common
  • AK-74/AKS-74 --> Used by the CDF, also still really common around the world. Common
  • AKS-74U --> Used by the CDF, and probably by police. Common enough. Rare
  • SKS --> Another very common gun on the world stage, likely used by militia and even farmers too. Common
  • SVT-40 --> Not exactly common anymore, but enough were built that it makes sense. Rare
  • AK-103/105 --> Maybe not common in Chernarus, but used by Russian troops. Very Rare
  • RPK --> Probably in use with the militia, and guerrillas. Extremely Rare
  • RPK-74 --> CDF's main support weapon (alongside the PKM). Militia would also have a bunch. Very Rare
  • RPD --> Rare nowadays, but these guns still show up in regional conflicts everywhere, and I can imagine Chernarus is no exception. Extremely Rare
  • PK/PKM --> CDF's main GPMG, both for infantry and by vehicles. Also used by militia. Extremely Rare
  • PPSh-41 --> Probably used by militia/paramilitary forces. Very Rare
  • PPS-43 --> Could still be used by the military and/or police, maybe militia. Very Rare
  • Makarov PM --> CDF standard service handgun, also used by pretty much every other Chernarussian group. Common
  • Tokarev TT-33 --> So popular worldwide, probably used by military and police as well. Common
  • Nagant M1895 --> Likely used by civilians and the police force. Common
  • Remington 870 --> It is the world's most produced and exported shotgun, so... Rare
  • Remington 700 --> I can imagine that the popularity of this rifle would lead to it being used by hunters in Chernarus. Very Rare
  • Mauser K98K --> Like the Mosin, a lot of these went around to poorer states post WW2, and most of them were handed down to the civilian populace or sold off. Rare
  • MP-40 --> One of the guns I'm not sure would be realistic, but a lot of these were built and had the same outcome as the K98s (Not nearly as many went to civilians, though) Extremely Rare
  • Walther P38 --> Enough were built, and popular enough. Common
  • Luger P08 --> Enough were built, and popular enough. Rare
  • Mauser C96 --> Yes, enough were built, and yes, popular enough. Rare
  • Beretta 92F/S --> U.S. involvement would probably bring some of these in, and I can imagine imports would not be far off Very Rare
  • M16A2/A4 --> U.S. involvement would probably bring some of these in Very Rare
  • M39 EMR/MK14 EBR --> Used by the Marines and Army respectively, I can imagine a few designated marksmen would be deployed Extremely Rare
  • M249 SAW/FN Minimi --> Enough of these are used by the U.S. that they could be justified, and the minimi is internationally used. Extremely Rare
  • M240/FN Mag --> Probably still would show up alongside U.S. forces, and the Mag is very popular. Extremely Rare
  • FN FAL --> Brought in from Takistan, if for nothing, and enough were built Very Rare
  • G3A3/A4 --> Enough were built. Rare
  • M16A1 --> I can imagine that some militia forces have these. Extremely Rare

Obviously there are more guns that make sense, and this could easily be disputed, but I digress. These are the ones I want to see :P.

StG44, MG42, DP28 and basically any WWII eastern front weapon works for Chernarus really.

-Remington 870(with magazine extension you can find)

-S&W 686 .357 Magnum (Scope??)

-More military surplus rifles like the Mosin Nagant I.E. Springfield 1903, Garand, etc)

-Not a lot of modern military weapons, I'd rather see typical civilian rifles like the Remington 700. A Remington 760 (Pump action .30-06) would be cool to see, but It's so off the wall that I doubt it.

-Not a gun, but  I'd like to see flak vests

-Some type of 1911 obviously (with rail)

Tazer

Tranquilizer

Grenade's / Flashbang

G36

few dmr's (m14 aim)

Edited by Fflint

AKS-74u , the krinkov is my favorite ever!

SVD

Some super rare HK pistols (because it's a video game and video game developers love HK)

StG44, MG42, DP28 and basically any WWII eastern front weapon works for Chernarus really.

I don't know, you probably won't find any Federov Avtomat's in Chernarus, although that gun is so underrepresented in games and is technically the real first assault rifle (And I would not mind if they put it in even as a super rare find). I also question the likelihood of an actual MG-42 showing up (it might, but it'd be super rare.) A better alternative would be the MG-3, which would make sense. The StG-44 and DP-28 would definitely make good additions, but they would still have to be very rare considering they are only used in limited quantities.

AKS-74u , the krinkov is my favorite ever!

SVD

Some super rare HK pistols (because it's a video game and video game developers love HK)

They absolutely need the AKS-74U and SVD, perfect guns for the game.
Also, considering they have the FNX-45, I would not find it hard to believe that the USP, HK45, P2000 and Mark 23 might appear (The Mark 23 especially considering US Special forces would actually be the most likely presence out of all US troops)
Edited by Chaingunfighter

More variety, less availability and more missing pieces to complete the puzzle of a decked out gun.  Upon release (1.0) i'd love to see that.

• Like 1

Lots of old hunting rifles and loads of AK variants. Basically Russian stuff. Woudl love to see a Ppsh too <3

I fully agree. I'd love to see old hunting rifles or old rifles in general ingame. One part of the game I don't like so much are fully automatic, modern weapons like the one ingame right now for example. But I know the game isnt made for me only, so I need to live with it :p but I often imagine how cool it would be if there weren't any machine guns and 2 players meet in a town, both using bolt action rifles for example. Must be so much adrenaline when not hitting the other guy and starting to reload. Instead of automatic firing him down within seconds. So I am curious what kind of weapons will make it into the game while it is evolving. 

(And please no high tech snipers, as they will attract KoS players -_-)

I fully agree. I'd love to see old hunting rifles or old rifles in general ingame. One part of the game I don't like so much are fully automatic, modern weapons like the one ingame right now for example. But I know the game isnt made for me only, so I need to live with it :P but I often imagine how cool it would be if there weren't any machine guns and 2 players meet in a town, both using bolt action rifles for example. Must be so much adrenaline when not hitting the other guy and starting to reload. Instead of automatic firing him down within seconds. So I am curious what kind of weapons will make it into the game while it is evolving. 

(And please no high tech snipers, as they will attract KoS players -_-)

Every gun attracts KoS players, as long as it has good accuracy. Those snipers just make it easier, but as long as they are well rare enough it's fine.

Civillian

----------

Sidearms

------------

Nagant Revolver - Uncommon - Ammo Common

TT33 - Uncommon - Ammo Common

M1911 - Rare - Ammo Uncommon

Makarov RM (Also military) - Common - Ammo Common

CZ.52 -Same as TT33

Light Rifles

--------------

TOZ-17 (.22) - Common - Ammo Common

CZ 511 (.22) - Common - Ammo Common

Rifles

-------

AKM (Semiauto) - Rare - Ammo Uncommon

VZ.52 -Rare Ammo Uncommon

Mauser G98 - Rare - Ammo Rare

Saiga ( Rifle) - Rare - Ammo Rare

Shotguns

------------

TOZ-194 - Uncommon

TOZ-106 (20 Gauge) - Common - ammo common

Military

------------

Rifles

========

AKM/AKS - Common - Ammo Common

VZ.58 - Uncommon - Ammo Common

AK-74 - Common - Ammo Common

AKS-74U - Rare - Ammo Common

M16A2 - Rare - Ammo Uncommon

SMGs

========

PP-19 - Rare - Ammo Common

MP5A5 - Common - Ammo Common

Skorpian - (50 round drums, 10, 20, and 30 round magazines) - Rare - Ammo Uncommon

Pistols

=====

Makarov PMM - Common - Ammo Common

Makarov SD - Rare - Ammo Common

M9 -Rare - Ammo Common

P226 - Uncommon - Ammo Common

Stechkin APS - Extremly rare - Ammo common

Shotguns

========

870 - Common - Ammo Common

KS-23 - Uncommon - Ammo Common

Saiga 12 - Rare - Ammo common - 20 rnd drum, 8rnd box.

OTHER

======

RG-6 grenade launcher - Insainly rare - Ammo Very Rare

RPD - Rare - Ammo Common

Would also like to be able to cut down the shotgun and Mosin to sidearms, like this:

799px-%D0%9E%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B7_7.6

Every gun attracts KoS players, as long as it has good accuracy. Those snipers just make it easier, but as long as they are well rare enough it's fine.

Yes thats right. But imagine someone tries to kill u up from a hill with an old bolt action rifle. Sounds like a lot more fun to me compared to DMR for example.

• Like 1

Shame you're typical civilian wouldnt be able to maintain let alone operate most military weapons, SA should stick to civilian rifles, shotguns some assault rifles and maybe a standard mil bolt action rifle or so. Dean said before he wanted the SA to be more bummish not a milsim like the mod was since it was built around arma2. That said I can see there being lots of attachments but I dont see lmgs, and anti material rifles etc being added to the SA 

Lol, oh my god. Someone ACTUALLY said it. "Don't know how to operate a rifle"  bahaha. Here's a true story. When I was 12 years old, I was at the range with my dad. Mind I have gone through gun safety classes, though there was no gun involved. I had never shot a gun prior to that day I was at the range with my dad. He handed my his AR-15 and told me to utilize all that I learned in safety class, and he told me to figure out how to fire it. The first thing I did was look for a safety. Ok, found it. It's perfectly nestled some my right thumb can easily move it. (Mind the weapon was unloaded at this point) I make out what's obviously the opening in which you insert the mag. Holding the mag I put the rounds upward and pointing forward and push the mag in. A satisfying click assured me it was in properly. Now, this is where it took me a while. I saw the bolt was ready to be released, yet I didn't see any bar of any sort jutting out from the bolt. After a good 2-3 min, I accidentally push the bolt release on the left side and I see the bolt shut forward. Knowing the gun was now loaded, I aimed down sight, took the safety off, and pulled the trigger.

The whole moral of this is, you have to have a mental IQ equivalent or less than the Mental Slowness/Retardation threshold to not put 2 and 2 together to figure out how to operate a weapon.

For me it's the DMR. Not that I am preferring sniping, but I just love that gun.

no auto snipers please

I'm definitely voting more towards civilian side for weapons, with an occasional military low grade weapon  
the winchester should make a return
more pistols and shotguns, maybe a smg/machine pistol, to provide more close quarter battles.

also traps and throwables like a molotov

Lol, oh my god. Someone ACTUALLY said it. "Don't know how to operate a rifle"  bahaha. Here's a true story. When I was 12 years old, I was at the range with my dad. Mind I have gone through gun safety classes, though there was no gun involved. I had never shot a gun prior to that day I was at the range with my dad. He handed my his AR-15 and told me to utilize all that I learned in safety class, and he told me to figure out how to fire it. The first thing I did was look for a safety. Ok, found it. It's perfectly nestled some my right thumb can easily move it. (Mind the weapon was unloaded at this point) I make out what's obviously the opening in which you insert the mag. Holding the mag I put the rounds upward and pointing forward and push the mag in. A satisfying click assured me it was in properly. Now, this is where it took me a while. I saw the bolt was ready to be released, yet I didn't see any bar of any sort jutting out from the bolt. After a good 2-3 min, I accidentally push the bolt release on the left side and I see the bolt shut forward. Knowing the gun was now loaded, I aimed down sight, took the safety off, and pulled the trigger.

The whole moral of this is, you have to have a mental IQ equivalent or less than the Mental Slowness/Retardation threshold to not put 2 and 2 together to figure out how to operate a weapon.

You're so right! Handling guns in-game is way too easy. You just press the "r"-key to reload. It doesn't simulate how simple a pump-action shotgun is compared to, say an AR-15.

Sadly, there would be no way of implementing this without making it really stupid and awkward to reload a gun.