jBrick

Charging people money to help you "make" a game....

I think he thinks he's purchased the final game with his purchase of Alpha not realizing he has just purchased the right to play the pre-release and still has to buy the game.

The people who got into ARMA III alpha didn't have to pay anything after the bought early access. So i doubt that I will get a extra charge once the game is released. If so they need to tell us that when we bought it. Buy the game now save 30 bucks. How hard is to understand? If you don't get it by now game testing isn't for you....

This is my last post on this topic because I don't see this being productive.

Oh, you don't say? Sherlock fucking Holmes over here figured out that the thread in which he's bitching about an Alpha being an Alpha and buying a game the lead developer specifically told him not to buy unless all he wanted to do was participate in making the game is turning out to not be as productive as he had planned. Someone call the Boston fucking Globe because I bet everyone else here thought this was going to turn into an almost legendary exchange of ideas between brilliant minds. The best of our generation. A thread for the ages. That's what I expected to happen after you decided to get up in arms about literally doing something that you completely and freely chose to do. Nobody asked you to spend $30 to help develop the game. You decided you wanted to do it, and then for some completely unknown reason immediately turned around and decided you're a fucking idiot for doing so.

Don't you think you should have gone over this in your head before making the purchase? If this wasn't something you wanted to do, why did you do it? You're like a goddamn puppy chasing his tail. "My brain told me this was going to be bacon but it turns out it just tastes like dirt and also vaguely of my ass!"

Holy shit. 

Really?  This is almost unbelievable.  Most companies don't charge people for helping them Beta test... let alone paying money for what standalone currently is.  I really don't see a justification for this other than cashing in on the title now.  Maybe a game developer can come shed light on what the reasoning behind this is as at this point it makes little sense other than abject greed.

Most big game companies rush out games, and drop support after 1-2 patches.  $30 now to help development and participate in alpha stages, or $60 in late 2015 for the finished game.  Development can die mid production of a game.  Usually, money is the cause.

Its fine spending your money on what you want.

However, if I invest in the company / developers I do expect progress. The SA has had regular progress and constant communications since release. No other games out there have had the level of this.

Really?  This is almost unbelievable.  Most companies don't charge people for helping them Beta test... let alone paying money for what standalone currently is.  I really don't see a justification for this other than cashing in on the title now.  Maybe a game developer can come shed light on what the reasoning behind this is as at this point it makes little sense other than abject greed.

I agree its a dangerous trend, and people have already been burned by it with some games, however I think the vast majority of the DayZ player base knew what they were buying into and the devs took reasonable steps with big warning notices to make sure prospective buyers knew the deal.  Plus, in its current state it is playable, sure its missing a ton of content but it is at least playable, which is more than can be said for some other early access games.

Edited by Continuity

I did not read the whole thread here.

Why so butthurt? No one forced you to get DayZ standalone. Even Rocket himself are recommending people not to get it yet.

And the game isn't even close to a beta yet. It's and early alpha.

What can i add that have not been added, even Rocket replied lol. To be it feel like OP become old enough for daddy to let him use his CC and now he is whining because the game is not what he hope or whatever.

I admit that i havent been playing as much, but i do come in one for a little just to check things, and from what i saw regarding Z they are doing what they promised they would which that is a work in progress among other things, ill be on more when Z a real treat but as it stands is very much playable and i still dont get it why, oh why ppl make posts like this after all big signs. 

on the side not another game that i get if become early access is The mandate

I don't get it.....if you don't like it then gtfo and come back when its done. I don't understand people do they just see the game on steam and click buy buy buy w/o reading anything about the game first especially the giant text that says Early Access Game and explains what that means.

I think the $30 is well worth the 178hrs I already have in this game. I mean shit we get updates like every 2 weeks.

What if Bethesda was making a massive Fallout online game and was like hey guys give us 30 duggets and you can play while we develop it and help us shape the game into a final product. Uuuuhhhhh yea take all my money plz and let me caress that fine early access ass.

Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay and apparently over 1 million thought Dayz was worth it. So..... 

/endthreadplusallfutureearlyaccessthritydollarsisridiculousQQthreads

Obviously if it was a crap idea then it would'nt have sold over 800k downloads

It's already been said many times, but it never seems to be said enough: Nobody is forced to buy it, the game page even warns people not to.

because..capitalism

game development isent charity

Well, first of all, you aren't going to be charged for the full game from what I understand, and second of all, it's probably going to be more once the game is finished. So, seriously, stop whining, because they aren't forcing you to buy anything, they aren't holding a gun to your head and saying buy it and play.

Oh no, please not another r-t@rd who does not grasp concept of alpha and manages to not read every warning about alfa version (and there are several).

blast you, thread necromancers...

Alpha is great and I love seeing the new additions every couple of weeks. Its like Christmas over and over and over and over.

Some people gripe just to gripe.

if you guys read the articles in the forums you should had read that once you buy it you already have the hole game, the game would become more expensive while it grows up (but it is free is you bought it) so, god damn it is fucking worth it

if you guys read the articles in the forums you should had read that once you buy it you already have the hole game, the game would become more expensive while it grows up (but it is free is you bought it) so, god damn it is fucking worth it

N-n-n-n-necropost

Edited by Publik

N-n-n-n-necropost

Well, it is a forum about a zombie apocalypse game.

Irony in necrotic posts much?

It's in appeasement of the search nazi gods...

How much you want to bet he has told someone to use the search function at some point?

How much you want to bet he has told someone to use the search function at some point?

Fine line in being a necroposter and a search idiot.  I'm pretty sure we know which way he swings...  :)

jbrick what did u expect exactly i havent seen to many bugs at all ( game is very playable )... other then the food/water atm game is fine it was first day of ALPHA TEST!!!!!!!! it says on steam what your getting and at a reduced price non the less... This game was an investment i gave them my 30 bucks becauae i know this is rockets baby and he will do right by it and us.

I would love to agree but you're "fanboying" a bit too much here lol.. as much as I love DayZ, there are really a lot of gamebreaking bugs that have been there since the mod. Zombies acting retarded, impossible to hit.. bullets not registering or hitting invisible walls, clipping throught walls/ladders falling down.. teleporting back and forth.. zombies walking throught virtually anything. Getting a shot on someone close range usually gets you killed because of lag, he can put a round into you as well.. 

The game is very buggy and inconsistent. I've praised it non stop, you can check my forum posts.. but don't overly fanboy plx, there is a lot of stuff that HAS to be fixed and fanboying won't get you there. They want constructive critism, not you telling how playable the game is and bashing anyone who says otherwise. There are clearly bugs and core mechanics that need to be fixed and I think it'll be a tough task since a lot of it has to do with the crappy engine.. :/ but I have good hopes.

Edit:

Lol, didn't notice the date this was posted on.... sorry hadn't noticed someone dug this up today.

Edited by mrlaxx

Hello there

if its a necropost report the bloody thing.

Closing.

L