OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

here are my pc specs will this run dayz at 30 fps on low to medium settings?

evga geforce gt610

patriot 2x2gb pc3-12800 1600mhz dimm

amd a4-7300 3.8ghz

gigabyte f2a68hm-ds2h

raidmax 380w power supply

antec vsk-4000e

also if anybody knows will this run rocket league, cs:go or skyrim

if i just need a different gpu ok but can you tell me a good one for around 100$ thats pretty much all I got left (i'm 13)

Edited by iamthechampion324579

There weakest part of your setup will be your processor for DayZ at the moment. I'm pretty sure you'll be okay with CS:GO. But there is a commonly reported performance issue with Dual-Core processors at the moment on DayZ so you will definitely be able to run the game eventually, but no way to know if it will work to your satisfaction at the moment. It is in active development so it might work this week and be completely crap next week, you just never know. :)

Also, there is a thread for this.

Desktop or laptop? Desktop

Monitor resolution:1360 x 768

CPU: AMD FX- 6300 6 Core 3.50 ghz 

Graphics card: NVIDIA EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2gb GDDR5 

RAM:* 8gb 

SSD? (Yes/No) No                

*Its a budget build but just really wanting to play DayZ, and with this system, would you guys recommend the SA or mod?

Desktop or laptop? Desktop
Monitor resolution:1360 x 768
CPU: AMD FX- 6300 6 Core 3.50 ghz 
Graphics card: NVIDIA EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2gb GDDR5 
RAM:* 8gb 
SSD? (Yes/No) No                

*Its a budget build but just really wanting to play DayZ, and with this system, would you guys recommend the SA or mod?

You will run either Arma 2 or DayZ on that rig, but it will take a bit of tweaking to get them running smoothly. I'd imagine that the mod would run slightly better but I'd base your decision on whether you would like to play Arma 2 and DayZ mod or just DayZ.

You will run either Arma 2 or DayZ on that rig, but it will take a bit of tweaking to get them running smoothly. I'd imagine that the mod would run slightly better but I'd base your decision on whether you would like to play Arma 2 and DayZ mod or just DayZ.

Alright man, Im really just looking to play DayZ, but my buddies have told me it would be too difficult for a beginner, thoughts? 

Alright man, Im really just looking to play DayZ, but my buddies have told me it would be too difficult for a beginner, thoughts?

Well thats kind of an odd statement. Do they mean the game itself would be too difficult for a new player? If thats the case, there would be no new players at all and the game wouldnt exist. You'll get the hang of it eventually. The biggest hurdle is navigating the map and being able to figure out where you are.

If they meant due to your PC specs, I think you will be fine. Like Mos1ey said, you will need to tweak some of the settings and such to run smoothly but I'm sure you weren't planning on running all settings on Ultra anyway :)  If you do the minimum settings you should be just fine, and there are some config files you can tweak as well for an extra boost.

[TAKEN FROM DAYZTV's FPS and PERFORMANCE GUIDE]

Configuration Files

The following tweaks were found online and really helped with getting my FPS higher. First off locate the below file under the below location.

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\DayZ\DayZ.cfg and change the following options:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

Save the file. Next up locate the following location:

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\DayZ\your_dayz_profile\your_dayz_profile.DayZProfile

Set the following options :

mouseSmoothing=0; – Optimal. This should help sort out mouse acceleration problems

sceneComplexity=150000; – This number affects your object details.

shadowZDistance=100; – This is the distance at which shadows are drawn.

viewDistance=1600; – This number affects the distance view (trees, grass etc…).

preferredObjectViewDistance=1000; – This will affects the distance that the objects will be drawn.

Edited by GunRunner

Well thats kind of an odd statement. Do they mean the game itself would be too difficult for a new player? If thats the case, there would be no new players at all and the game wouldnt exist. You'll get the hang of it eventually. The biggest hurdle is navigating the map and being able to figure out where you are.

If they meant due to your PC specs, I think you will be fine. Like Mos1ey said, you will need to tweak some of the settings and such to run smoothly but I'm sure you weren't planning on running all settings on Ultra anyway :)  If you do the minimum settings you should be just fine, and there are some config files you can tweak as well for an extra boost.

[TAKEN FROM DAYZTV's FPS and PERFORMANCE GUIDE]

Configuration Files

The following tweaks were found online and really helped with getting my FPS higher. First off locate the below file under the below location.

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\DayZ\DayZ.cfg and change the following options:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

Save the file. Next up locate the following location:

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\DayZ\your_dayz_profile\your_dayz_profile.DayZProfile

Set the following options :

mouseSmoothing=0; – Optimal. This should help sort out mouse acceleration problems

sceneComplexity=150000; – This number affects your object details.

shadowZDistance=100; – This is the distance at which shadows are drawn.

viewDistance=1600; – This number affects the distance view (trees, grass etc…).

preferredObjectViewDistance=1000; – This will affects the distance that the objects will be drawn.

My friend was just suggesting that the mod has more weapons and supplies for me to get used to. Thanks for performance tips that will help a lot! 

My friend was just suggesting that the mod has more weapons and supplies for me to get used to. Thanks for performance tips that will help a lot! 

There are a lot of servers running modded easier versions of the mod but they're no fun IMO. If you want to spawn with everything you need to start shooting people then I think you should be playing Arma itself, not DayZ. Just my $0.02.

If you were to go with DayZ mod then I would recommend sticking to vanilla servers, which are challenging but then again that's the whole point of DayZ. As for being too difficult for new players - there were no modded servers when myself and a whole load of other people started playing, just the "vanilla mod", and we got on fine. :)

• Like 1

There are a lot of servers running modded easier versions of the mod but they're no fun IMO. If you want to spawn with everything you need to start shooting people then I think you should be playing Arma itself, not DayZ. Just my $0.02.

If you were to go with DayZ mod then I would recommend sticking to vanilla servers, which are challenging but then again that's the whole point of DayZ. As for being too difficult for new players - there were no modded servers when myself and a whole load of other people started playing, just the "vanilla mod", and we got on fine. :)

Thanks man. I think I am going to buy the SA because I believe it could run best on my system, and it seems to have more upside. 

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone here uses these 2 (i5 4690k, R9 390) components to play Dayz, or if some one could tell me how well it performs using them.

Thanks.

Edited by Fiddlesticks901

Hardware issues/requests/discussion are probably best done in the New Player Discussion > Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE) thread, or in Off Topic Discussion > Hobbies/Technology/Programming (probably the former).  There's probably someone here that uses the parts/knows something about your issue, but those places I assume are where that type frequent more often.

If you can't access your post, it's probably been moved to one of those locations, and a mod will hopefully email you telling you the post has been moved/merged.

I don't use either however, so no help from me:(

Just keep an eye out if you can't find your post though..

Edited by q.S Sachiel

The 4690k does a great job with DayZ. I have mine paired with a GTX 970 and I have a friend who has paired his with a GTX 750. Neither of us have any major problems with the game outside of the problems that literally everyone has. The best I can do with some config tweaks and almost all settings maxed for quality is approximately 35-40 FPS in the largest, most taxing cities. The other 95% of the time I stay at 60 FPS, which would range a bit higher if I didn't have Vsync on. 

I can't offer any insight on your card though.

• Like 2

Merged.

I don't have hands on experience with this exact configuration, but it's definitely powerful enough to run DayZ.

• Like 1

Hi DayZ Community,

I purchased a MSI GP60 for play DayZ and i don't know how can i play correctly (if it's possible) in normal~high

My configuration:

Windows 10 64bits

Intel Core I5 4210H 2.90GHz - 3.50GHz

Nvidia Gefore GTX 950M 2GB

8Go Ram

Thanks for your help

Wrong place to post that, how can i move ?

Hi mate,

prebuild notebooks/labtops are never really good for gaming. Next time you should build a nice desktop-pc from components by yourself and

you'll get more bang for your buck.

Unfortunately Dayz is not optimized yet, so there is not much right now what you can do. Have a look at the stickies: https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224710-performance-issues/

Maybe you find something that'll help.

Good luck!

Hi DayZ Community,

I purchased a MSI GP60 for play DayZ and i don't know how can i play correctly (if it's possible) in normal~high

My configuration:

Windows 10 64bits

Intel Core I5 4210H 2.90GHz - 3.50GHz

Nvidia Gefore GTX 950M 2GB

8Go Ram

Thanks for your help

That machine will just about run DayZ, but it will take quite a lot of config tweaking and you definitely wouldn't be playing on high settings. As is usually the case with laptops and intensive games - it just isn't powerful enough. The CPU especially is holding you back.

Wrong place to post that, how can i move ?

Merged with correct topic.

Hey guys! So at im soon getting a new PC, with a AMD FX-8350 and a GTX 960 2GB, and i was wondering if this was capable of running DayZ. If anyone has this PC or has knowledge of how it would run that would be much appreciated! I'm wanting to know how it runs in and out of cities. Thanks in advance to all, Merry Christmas! :D 

Yea, but don't expect running buttery smooth in cities. :3 Also, make sure to tweak your config file to get some more frames. ^-^

Hey guys! So at im soon getting a new PC, with a AMD FX-8350 and a GTX 960 2GB, and i was wondering if this was capable of running DayZ. If anyone has this PC or has knowledge of how it would run that would be much appreciated! I'm wanting to know how it runs in and out of cities. Thanks in advance to all, Merry Christmas! :D

Yeah, that rig is plenty powerful enough to run DayZ.

That machine will just about run DayZ, but it will take quite a lot of config tweaking and you definitely wouldn't be playing on high settings. As is usually the case with laptops and intensive games - it just isn't powerful enough. The CPU especially is holding you back.

Merged with correct topic.

Ok but, do you think one day i can play with the future update ? or not ?

Ok but, do you think one day i can play with the future update ? or not ?

It's impossible for me to tell you with any degree of certainty until that update is released, sorry!

It's impossible for me to tell you with any degree of certainty until that update is released, sorry!

ok, thanks still, i will wait for next update

Hello!

I am going to buy new PC so I need little help. :)

But firstly I am going to play ARMA 2 DayZ Mod and DayZ standalone only (I mean 90% of time) so what do You think which one is better for that 2 games:

CPU: Intel i3 4170 @3.70 GHz ( Dual core but has HT)

GPU: Gigabyite GTX 960 4 GB

RAM: DDR3 8GB - 1600 MHz

or

CPU: Intel i5 4460 @3.40 GHz

GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 950 2 GB/ or GTX 750 TI 2 GB

Or I should go for AMD's one with FX 6300, R7 370 4GB or GTX 960 4GB + 8GB RAM?

Please help me I am sick of playing on my really old PC and write how much FPS should I get if You know,

Thanks!

Hello!

I am going to buy new PC so I need little help. :)

But firstly I am going to play ARMA 2 DayZ Mod and DayZ standalone only (I mean 90% of time) so what do You think which one is better for that 2 games:

CPU: Intel i3 4170 @3.70 GHz ( Dual core but has HT)

GPU: Gigabyite GTX 960 4 GB

or

CPU: Intel i5 4460 @3.40 GHz

GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 950 2 GB/ or GTX 750 TI 2 GB

Or I should go for AMD's one with FX 6300, R7 370 4GB or GTX 960 4GB + 8GB RAM?

Please help me I am sick of playing on my really old PC and write how much FPS should I get if You know,

Thanks!

First point worth mentioning is that HT (for the most part) is not useful for gaming, except for a few games like Crysis 3 that actually utilise it. It's mainly useful for video editing etc.

For games like Arma and DayZ the i5 build is the strongest, for other games that are less dependant on the CPU the GTX 960 may benefit you more. It all depends on what kind of games you're planning on playing, really.