OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

well I want to try and play on the settings that's going to provide the best visuals so very high if possible whilst trying to hold as much FPS as possible. I normally play with shadows off and PP off as well as any other tweak's that can be done with out really.  :lol:  judging by your response I'm guessing that is just a hyped up rumour.

I'm looking into buying one of these two computers. (I also know gaming on a laptop would require a lot of money but I can get the 1st for free or the second for only $500)

The first has an i5 5200u 2.7 GHz cpu (I know not very good)

A gtx 960

And 8 gigs of ram

The second has an i7 4750hq at 3.2 GHz

A gtx 965 2gb

And 16 gigs of 1600mhz ram

Also a 128 gig ssd so I could put the games on that to load faster.

How much more preformance would I get with the second compared to the first as the cpu is much better. The difference in price is about $500.

Would the first laptop be able to run the arma 2 mod, sa, and arma 3 fairly well with a mix of low/med/ high settings? I'm looking for only around 30 fps in towns.

This would all be in 1080p V-Sync off and most of the effects off because I think it makes it look blurry.

Thanks.

Edited by Legoman2179

That would do pretty well mix of high and ultra and 50 fps out of towns and 30 fps in towns. The only thing that I could see replacing in the future would be the graphics card as the 750 ti is a mid range graphics card now. A good choice would be a 970 as it is inexpensive and very powerful. It has preformance only around 5-10 fps less than a 780 ti which is worth almost double the price.

I'm looking into buying one of these two computers. (I also know gaming on a laptop would require a lot of money but I can get the 1st for free or the second for only $500)

The first has an i5 5200u 2.7 GHz cpu (I know not very good)

A gtx 960

And 8 gigs of ram

The second has an i7 4750hq at 3.2 GHz

A gtx 965 2gb

And 16 gigs of 1600mhz ram

Also a 128 gig ssd so I could put the games on that to load faster.

How much more preformance would I get with the second compared to the first as the cpu is much better. The difference in price is about $500.

Would the first laptop be able to run the arma 2 mod, sa, and arma 3 fairly well with a mix of low/med/ high settings? I'm looking for only around 30 fps in towns.

This would all be in 1080p V-Sync off and most of the effects off because I think it makes it look blurry.

Thanks.

CPU boss puts i5 5200u single core performance on par with my x4 965, so I would say no. Arma 2, SA and 3 all run around 20-30fps, depends on server and settings of course, but I really can't say it's performing satisfactory in ANY case. And since this is a laptop vs desktop, it will probably run even slightly worse in real life compared to tests.

Second one looks better though, although I would change 16GB with 8GB because it's totally pointless and unusable (unless you plan to run multiple Virtual Machines on your laptop), if you can get a slightly lower price then.

Edited by Xetro

Can I Run It ?

Ram : 4 GB

VRAM : 1 Gb

CPU : Intel , 4.00 GHz , 64 Bit.

VCard : INTEL Chipest Card  { I Cant download nvdia..

I was wondering if I could run arma 3 epoch or dayz mods on my machine. I have An i5 5200u 2.2ghz (overclock at 2.7), 8 gb ram, and an nvidia 940m. It's a laptop, and I can run arma 2 on high at like 40-50 fps, but I have problems on dayz. Most servers I can barely run at 25 fps on all low, and I've come to the conclusion that it's the games fault, not mine. So would I be able to run arma 3 mods?

Not sure where to post it really so gona put it here.

I wanna buy the game but not sure if i can run it.I know its laptop but most games run fine on it.

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-probook-655-g1-notebook-pc-(energy-star)-p-g4u49ut-aba--1

Can i run it on low?

Thanks for help guys!

CPU's frequency is bad, GPU is solid.

The good news is it will probably run it sufficiently when the game goes into Beta but at the moment I would agree with the above, the CPU and integrated graphics would just struggle with any sort of meaningful experience. Even with dedicated GPU this game is hard for a laptop to handle at the moment. Though the meaningful experience is very subjective too, some people don't mind scaling their settings back to pixelated horror, others like me are perfectionist media whores and keep trying for better. :) Maybe if you find a way to keep the turbo on the CPU consistently turned on but that probably opens up a whole new range of problems.

I dont really care about the graphic but i guess it would strugle even at low setings than.

Guess ill have to wait for beta or to get a better rig.

Thanks for the replys guys:)

Is the game so demanding because of how large the maps are?

This is my HTPC I'm in the process of beefing up and would like to give this a go as a lightweight gamer.

• Desktop
  • 1080p 120HZ
  • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700
  • MSI Radeon 5450 HD
  • 4gb DDR3 (at this moment)
  • No SSD (at this moment)

Hi, in advanace i would like to apologise if this is in the wrong category.

I have finally moved over to PC gaming over my Xbox one and i have recentley ordered some new parts for my PC as the one i have now is old.

I have ordered the following:

500w PSU

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Processor

Geforce GTS 250 Green 1GB VRAM

and i have 3gb of system RAM.

Will this Run DAYZ? I have been waiting along time to play this game and all the parts should be here within 2 weeks.

Much appreciated.

That processor is nearly ten years old... it will struggle and I am not sure it will run at all.... sorry.... 

If, and that is a BIG if, it does run it will be on very low everything and I am not sure how enjoyable that will be.

Edit: You might be able to over-clock it with a decent cooler installed which would give a boost. Considering how old it is I'm sure there is plenty of literature out there on how to get the most out of this CPU.

Edited by Konfucious K

That processor is nearly ten years old... it will struggle and I am not sure it will run at all.... sorry.... 

If, and that is a BIG if, it does run it will be on very low everything and I am not sure how enjoyable that will be.

Edit: You might be able to over-clock it with a decent cooler installed which would give a boost. Considering how old it is I'm sure there is plenty of literature out there on how to get the most out of this CPU.

I know lol :( A neighbour of mine is a PC engineer and he has a mate that has a spare processor (the one i mentioned) and because i can't afford to spend too much at this time i thought i would consult him so he offered to get it for me and ill pay him for it. £8 so you cant go wrong lol

Hi, in advanace i would like to apologise if this is in the wrong category.

I have finally moved over to PC gaming over my Xbox one and i have recentley ordered some new parts for my PC as the one i have now is old.

I have ordered the following:

500w PSU

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Processor

Geforce GTS 250 Green 1GB VRAM

and i have 3gb of system RAM.

Will this Run DAYZ? I have been waiting along time to play this game and all the parts should be here within 2 weeks.

Much appreciated.

Unfortunately I don't think you'll be able to run DayZ on that rig as it is a bit outdated. I doubt that's the news that you wanted to hear, but better that than you having spending money on a game that you can't play.

Topics merged.

Is the game so demanding because of how large the maps are?

This is my HTPC I'm in the process of beefing up and would like to give this a go as a lightweight gamer.

• Desktop
  • 1080p 120HZ
  • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700
  • MSI Radeon 5450 HD
  • 4gb DDR3 (at this moment)
  • No SSD (at this moment)

You'll be ok to run the game on low to normal settings I think. A bit more RAM wouldn't hurt and if you can OC the CPU a bit it would go a long way too.