OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

oh jeez that scares me a little i am 13 years of age lol. But my dad could probably help me he knows a lot about computers. I have one more question tho when i am building what about all the wiring is tht hard at all.

Its really easy, you can even go watch a video about it on youtube but i anyone can do it.

I made a quick build, i really wanted to squeeze in an i5 but i was unable to do so, i picked an i3 over an AMD FX processor simply because DayZ relies more on single threaded performance than mutiple cores.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($105.75 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Video Card  ($123.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa H21 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($30.59 @ Directron) 
Total: $508.46

After Rebates: $440.07

EDIT: This doesn't include a copy of windows which you can usually find online for around $10-20
Edited by HeXedMinD

Its really easy, you can even go watch a video about it on youtube but i anyone can do it.

I made a quick build, i really wanted to squeeze in an i5 but i was unable to do so, i picked an i3 over an AMD FX processor simply because DayZ relies more on single threaded performance than mutiple cores.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($105.75 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Video Card  ($123.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa H21 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($30.59 @ Directron) 
Total: $508.46

After Rebates: $440.07

so at an estiamte what would my fps be at if i had this computer

Edited by ToastyCircle

and would this come with windows orrrr like ughhh sorry im really new to this

Its hard to say really because DayZ runs really badly right now. I would expect 60 or so in wilderness but the usual 20-30 in cities, it depends on your settings. Either way its probably 1000 times better than that PC you were looking at would get xP

It doesn't include windows but you can buy a legit key online for around $10-20.

Edited by HeXedMinD

Its hard to say really because DayZ runs really badly right now. I would expect 60 or so in wilderness but the usual 20-30 in cities, it depends on your settings. Either way its probably 1000 times better than that PC you were looking at would get xP

It doesn't include windows but you can buy a legit key online for around $10-20.

can u link me to where i can buy windows at

Check http://www.ebay.com/you can find a lot of them and really cheap.

EDIT: There are also less legit ways  :rolleyes:

are there any premade computers at my budget that could be just as good as this or is this the only way

are there any premade computers at my budget that could be just as good as this or is this the only way

I don't really pay attention to premade PCs but i really really really doubt it. If you have a nearby computer store and really feel uncomfortable building the PC check if they would do it for you.

Edited by HeXedMinD

I don't really pay attention to premade PCs but i really really really doubt it. If you have a nearby computer store and really feel uncomfortable building the PC check if they would do it for you.

okay 

If you wanted a prebuilt...This will work, if it were me, I would save a little and purchase a gfx card, this won't give you 25 fps in cities, but you van play the game at "medium" settings.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220809

For a gfx card...Not the best, but should be within reason...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130863

oh jeez that scares me a little i am 13 years of age lol. But my dad could probably help me he knows a lot about computers. I have one more question tho when i am building what about all the wiring is tht hard at all.

Please do not become one of your counter part peers who are also 13 that run around on DayZ blasting their squeaker voices out on the mic killing people.

If you don't become one of them, much respect will be gained for you... but good luck finding a computer that can run DayZ under 500$ :)

This.

I built my own desktop 5 years ago for $1600, which was better than AW's top machine. With minimal upkeep/upgrades it runs great.  And it was seriously easy.  newegg, tigerdirect, and all the components tell you how to install.  It's like Lego's essentially.  I only comment because Down with overpriced bs.  It is ridiculous.

Their high-end machines are alright spec-wise, but you end up paying about twice what you ought to, in which case you could build a monster of a system anyway.

If you break down what you're actually paying for it's usually something like 50% hardware and 50% flashy case.

Desktop or laptop? Desktop

Monitor resolution: 1920x1080

CPU: Intel Core i5 3330 @ 3.0GHz

Graphics card: NVidia Geforce GTX 670 @ 2gb

RAM:* 8gb ddr3 @ 1333mhz

SSD? (Yes/No) Yes. Dedicated for some gaming.

Desktop or laptop? Desktop
Monitor resolution: 1920x1080
CPU: Intel Core i5 3330 @ 3.0GHz
Graphics card: NVidia Geforce GTX 670 @ 2gb
RAM:* 8gb ddr3 @ 1333mhz
SSD? (Yes/No) Yes. Dedicated for some gaming.

Yup, will run fine on there.

I want to know if I can run dayz Standalone on my new computer that is coming here are the specs.

Intel core i7 proccesor Quad Core 8MB 3.60GHZ w/HD46000 Graphics
WIndows 7
16GB (2x)8GB) 16000 MHz DDR3 Memory
AMD Radeon r7 250 2gb half height (DP and DVI-I)
Dell Ultrisharp 24 Monitor- P2414H
I really just want to b e able to play it think it is possible?

Ofcorse you can. You can also find the official recommendation here on this website. But I can assure you. You can

I want to know if I can run dayz Standalone on my new computer that is coming here are the specs.

Intel core i7 proccesor Quad Core 8MB 3.60GHZ w/HD46000 Graphics

WIndows 7

16GB (2x)8GB) 16000 MHz DDR3 Memory

AMD Radeon r7 250 2gb half height (DP and DVI-I)

Dell Ultrisharp 24 Monitor- P2414H

I really just want to b e able to play it think it is possible?

Please answer if I can run it and on what graphics settings

So anyone can light things up a little for me please? I read that the MINIMUM requirements are these:

CPU: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz 
Memory: 2 GB RAM 
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM

... Can someone explain why I keep having less than 40 fps ALWAYS NO MATTER WHAT?

(mostly it's something between 20 and 50 .. And sadly it is rarely anywhere near 50 or even 40)

Here are my specs:

Graphics: 1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640  (~3GHz)

RAM: 4GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)

To be clear, I just set EVERY SINGLE SETTING POSSIBLE to very low or disabled, even render resolution to 50%. Nothing seems to help. I know my PC sucks, but it runs most games just fine.. Even Dark Souls II on max settings. I just want to be able to play this but I really can't with this fps I have.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Vilde321

So anyone can light things up a little for me please? I read that the MINIMUM requirements are these:

CPU: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz 
Memory: 2 GB RAM 
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM

... Can someone explain why I keep having less than 40 fps ALWAYS NO MATTER WHAT?

(mostly it's something between 20 and 50 .. And sadly it is rarely anywhere near 50 or even 40)

Here are my specs:

Graphics: 1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640  (~3GHz)

RAM: 4GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)

To be clear, I just set EVERY SINGLE SETTING POSSIBLE to very low or disabled, even render resolution to 50%. Nothing seems to help. I know my PC sucks, but it runs most games just fine.. Even Dark Souls II on max settings. I just want to be able to play this but I really can't with this fps I have.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry man, But i really can't think of any way you'd be able to play Dayz at an even close to playable fps :L