OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

And, my sincerest apologies once again, I didn't see the sticky related to posting my boxes specs:

Desktop or laptop?  Desktop
Monitor resolution: 1600 x 900 (x2 Dual Monitors)
CPU:  i3-2120 @ 3.30GHz
Graphics card:  GTX 460
RAM:*  6GB
SSD? (Yes/No) No

And, my sincerest apologies once again, I didn't see the sticky related to posting my boxes specs:

Desktop or laptop?  Desktop
Monitor resolution: 1600 x 900 (x2 Dual Monitors)
CPU:  i3-2120 @ 3.30GHz
Graphics card:  GTX 460
RAM:*  6GB
SSD? (Yes/No) No

NP, you should be able to run the game, not at best but playable.

• Like 1

hello before i download the game for £20 i just want to know if my toshiba satellite C50 laptop would run the game even on the lowest settings i can. please can someone help me ASAP

NP, you should be able to run the game, not at best but playable.

Yeah, I am running the game, just fine, but I was wondering if anyone could help me tweak any of the settings, so I can get more of the Day Z experience while playing, until I can afford to build myself a new box.

Didn't know if anyone had any suggestions for settings and such.

Thanks for your response, it is greatly appreciated!

Edited by carter7984

hello before i download the game for £20 i just want to know if my toshiba satellite C50 laptop would run the game even on the lowest settings i can. please can someone help me ASAP

Which C50 ?

BTW i dont know anything about graphics cards or processors im a massive noob at these sort of things so i really need help

Hey folks,

My new PC is currently being sourced and built, and I was just wondering what kind of experience I might expect.

Desktop or Laptop?: Desktop
Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080
CPU: Intel i5-4570 3.2GHz
GPU: MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB TWIN FROZR
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3

SSD? (Yes/No) 120GB SSD w/2TB WD Red HDD

Thanks!

Game will run pretty good on high settings  :thumbsup:

Hi there, 

First, let me start by saying, I know a lot of people get upset because there may be topics related to what question I am going to ask.  I find this in a lot of forums.  Please know, that I have searched the forum, before I made this thread, to see if my specific question has been answered.  I used multiple search queries, using multiple keywords, phrases, etc... and wasn't able to find what I was looking for.  With that being said, if this is a duplicate post of some sort, then I truly apologize.  There are multiple ways to ask something, or explain something using different phrases, words, etc... so the search feature isn't always the most accurate tool to utilize.

Now, onto my question. :)

I am just getting back into gaming, and at the advice of my buddy, have started to play DayZ.  I LOVE THIS GAME!  

Unfortunately,  I am low on cash, and the computer I have (an Inspiron 660) is the only thing I can afford at this time.  I've had it for maybe 2 years, and use it mainly for my job (which I work from home).  I know this isn't meant to be a gaming PC, but, I was hoping I could get a few pointers on how to setup my configuration to get the best possible game play as far as graphics and such is concerned.

Because I am low on funds, my buddy was kind enough to give me his GTX 460 video card, and I have been using that (after I bought a new power supply to accommodate it) and it plays pretty nice for the most part, I was just wondering if anyone had any recomendations to get the game to be even better (seeing farther in the distance, better textures, etc...)

I guess a bit about my computer:

i3 with 6gb of Memory.  (the i3 is a piece of shit, I know, I apologize).

If anyone is in a similiar situation as me, where upgrading is not the most practical option, is there any configuration settings that may be useful to help with better game play?

I thank you so much for reading my long, drawn-out post, and thank you for helping me in advance to enjoy DayZ even more than I already do.

Best Regards,

C

You don't have to apoligize for having an i3 or anything for that matter. In fact current i3's are actually pretty good.. but the fact that you have 6 gigs of ram makes me think you have a first gen i3.

Anyway, hardware-wise the best way for you to make DayZ run even better is to further upgrade your graphics card and invest in a newer cpu like the newer i5s or equivalent. While the GTX 460 may have given you a huge boost, its a 4 year old mid range card. There are way faster cards available at this point, though as you said the GTX 460 is still powerful enough to run most modern games at least decently.

If I were in your situation I'd just stick with what I have untill I can afford a new system altogether. Tweaking the graphics settings in DayZ itself is always an option as it costs you nothing

but a little time :). If you're looking for better performance you could check out this thread: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154330-possible-fps-enhancer/

Otherwise just crank up your in-game settings and see how much your system can handle  ;).

Edited by Salva
  • Like 1

Game will run pretty good on high settings  :thumbsup:

You don't have to apoligize for having an i3 or anything for that matter. In fact current i3's are actually pretty good.. but the fact that you have 6 gigs of ram makes me think you have a first gen i3.

Anyway, hardware-wise the best way for you to make DayZ run even better is to further upgrade your graphics card and invest in a newer cpu like the newer i5s or equivalent. While the GTX 460 may have given you a huge boost, its a 4 year old mid range card. There are way faster cards available at this point, though as you said the GTX 460 is still powerful enough to run most modern games at least decently.

If I were in your situation I'd just stick with what I have untill I can afford a new system altogether. Tweaking the graphics settings in DayZ itself is always an option as it costs you nothing

but a little time :). If you're looking for better performance you could check out this thread: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154330-possible-fps-enhancer/

Otherwise just crank up your in-game settings and see how much your system can handle  ;).

Thank you for being so supportive and helpful, and I do apologize, as I seemed to have made my own thread when there was this giant one already started.  Thank you so much for the link recommendation and I will go ahead and mess around with the settings as best as I can.

Many Many Thanks for your assistance.

-C

Edited by carter7984

CPU: AMD A10-6700 APU 3,7 GHz
GPU: Radeon HD R7 240 2GB + HD 8670D dual graphics
RAM: 12GGB (1x8 + 1x4) DDR3
SSD? (Yes/No) : I have no idea!

Hey guys

I just bought a new setup, any idea on how it'll run standalone?

ASUS Maximus VII Hero motherboard

i7 4770K

Corsair H100i CPU cooler

GTX 780ti Windforce Ghz edition

16GB 1866mhz RAM

1TB 7200rpm HDD

Corsair 860W PSU

Corsair Vegeance C70

Laptop

2880 by 1800 pixels

quad core intel i7

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB of GDDR5 memory

16G ram

Desktop or laptop? Desktop

Monitor resolution: 1920 x 1080

CPU:AMD FX-6300 Vishera (3.5GHz/4.1GHz Turbo, 8MB L3 Cache)

Graphics card:AMD Radeon R7-250

RAM:*8 GB

SSD? (Yes/No) i have no idea what it is 

Here is the link to the computer

CPU: AMD A10-6700 APU 3,7 GHz
GPU: Radeon HD R7 240 2GB + HD 8670D dual graphics
RAM: 12GGB (1x8 + 1x4) DDR3

SSD? (Yes/No) : I have no idea!

Game is somewhat playable on lower settings. Don't expect miracles, performance will be shaky.

Hey guys

I just bought a new setup, any idea on how it'll run standalone?

ASUS Maximus VII Hero motherboard

i7 4770K

Corsair H100i CPU cooler

GTX 780ti Windforce Ghz edition

16GB 1866mhz RAM

1TB 7200rpm HDD

Corsair 860W PSU

Corsair Vegeance C70

Will run as good as standalone can run on any machine, period. Of course you already knew that.

Laptop

2880 by 1800 pixels

quad core intel i7

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB of GDDR5 memory

16G ram

Running on a macbook? Anyway as long as you don't plan on running it on native resolution it should be somewhat playable on lower settings.

Desktop or laptop? Desktop
Monitor resolution: 1920 x 1080
CPU:AMD FX-6300 Vishera (3.5GHz/4.1GHz Turbo, 8MB L3 Cache)
Graphics card:AMD Radeon R7-250
RAM:*8 GB
SSD? (Yes/No) i have no idea what it is 

Here is the link to the computer

Can run the game on low settings. Again, don't expect miracles when it comes to the performance. 

I was wonder if this Computer is good and how much frames it will run.

I'm a computer n00b if this one is not good please reply with a better one under $650 and i don't want to have to build one

http://www.walmart.com/ip/iBUYPOWER-Black-Gamer-Power-WA550B-Desktop-PC-with-AMD-Quad-Core-FX-4300-Processor-8GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-7-Home-Premium-Monitor-Not/23745948

Will run as good as standalone can run on any machine, period. Of course you already knew that.

I do know it will run just as optimised as it does on most gaming machines but I was more querying whether it would run at high/ultra settings comfortably.

Sorry, I should have stated that previously, my mistake. :)

Desktop or laptop?Desktop
Monitor resolution:1920x1080
CPU:Intel core i5-2320
Graphics card:Asus GT630-SL-2GD3-L
RAM:** GB
SSD? (Yes/No)yes Intel SSDSA2CT040G310

Please i need your help

Hey guys I'm really bad at computers but my friend recommended me this please tell me if its can run at a least 40 fps

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jbd8bv

I see a 2nd gen i3 and B75 motherboard chipset there. Why if I may ask? And you will be re-using an old hard drive since you aren't buying one? Just wondering..

To answer your question; invest a little more money into a better graphics card, get something like an R7 260x or a GTX 750. If you do that the game will run pretty good  :thumbsup:. The GT 630 you chose isn't really great for gaming.

Edit: I've seen you post 3 different systems here on one page. Next time edit your post rather than posting 3 times since we can't really help you like this.

Edited by Salva

I was wondering if my PC will be able to handle this game?

Desktop

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 830 Processor 2.80 GHz

RAM 5.75 GB usable

System Type: 64-bit Operating system

Graphics AMD 760G

Edited by Contorted19

I just ordered a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series with Intel® HD Graphics 4400. I cant find how much ram is on it but heres the link.

http://www.dell.com/...5547-gma-laptop

thanks! 

You will have to be more precise and select the different elements.

Also, use default text please, black on black does not work well any more than white on white.

I was wondering if my PC will be able to handle this game?

Desktop

RAM 5.75 GB usable

System Type: 64-bit Operating system

Graphics AMD 760G

Don't expect a miracle but you should be able to play the game on low settings.

I just ordered a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series with Intel® HD Graphics 4400. I cant find how much ram is on it but heres the link.

http://www.dell.com/...5547-gma-laptop

thanks! 

No offence, but when you order something like a new computer, one would think you look up the specs before you actually order it.

Sorry to say but that system isnt going to run any newer game properly. You should be able to loot stuff and open doors, and run forward!