OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

Slightly off topic, but does anyone have any idea as to when optimization of the game is going to become a priority? I know that right now it is about making the zombie threat bigger and more intelligent. 

But seriously, just the things you have to go through in order to get a decent fps makes the game borderline unplayable. I know, it's an alpha. Just asking when it's going to be called a beta.

• Like 1

Desktop or laptop? Laptop

Monitor resolution: 1920x1080

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 4GB 

RAM:* 8GB

SSD? (Yes/No) No

How many frames expected with this computer on moderate - high quality?

Desktop or laptop? Laptop
Monitor resolution: 1920x1080
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 4GB 
RAM:* 8GB
SSD? (Yes/No) No

How many frames expected with this computer on moderate - high quality?

You would play 1920x1080, texture very high, filtering very high, Objects Normal, clousd, terrain, low, shadows disabled, rendering anti-aliasing very high, hdr low, the rest disabled, with ~40 fps in the wildness and probably ~24 fps in the city. :)

• Like 1

Desktop or laptop? laptop

Monitor resolution: 1366x768

CPU: intel Core i3 4010U 1.8Ghz

Graphics card: Intel HD graphics 4400

RAM: 6GB standard RAM

SSD? No

will it be playable with this set up? I don't care about graphics, as long as I get a steady 20+ fps. I can run games with similar requirements to dayz at a steady 50-60 fps, if that helps.

You would play 1920x1080, texture very high, filtering very high, Objects Normal, clousd, terrain, low, shadows disabled, rendering anti-aliasing very high, hdr low, the rest disabled, with ~40 fps in the wildness and probably ~24 fps in the city. :)

does dayZ look good at 40 fps with these settings?

does dayZ look good at 40 fps with these settings?

Yeah, looks amazing. Not very smooth, but looks great. Disable anti aliasing and go to 50 fps.

CPU: intel Core i3 4010U 1.8Ghz

Graphics card: Intel HD graphics 4400

RAM: 6GB standard RAM

SSD? No

I can run games such as minecraft, runescape, ftl, and asphalt 8 on high settings at a steady 60+ fps. I'm fine with low settings and low fps, as long as its 20+.

Mobile version of HD 4000 it is problematic, I am not sure what resolution will give you 20 fps.

I recently heard that DayZ Standalone finally got early acces and ive been waiting for it since 2012 and i was wondering if that PC Could run it:

i7 core 3.4

8gb Ram

500gb hardrive

Gt 630 m

Windows 7

Thats a laptop i know it but i just wanna see if if run it.

That graphics card is a little low, but it should play.

Mobile version of HD 4000 it is problematic, I am not sure what resolution will give you 20 fps.

well, I have the 4400 which is one of the better ones, like I said it runs other games with similar requirements decently so hopefully it will run decent and still look somewhat pretty, im on my school laptop and cant use my gaming desktop back at home so hopefully it works =)

well, I have the 4400 which is one of the better ones, like I said it runs other games with similar requirements decently so hopefully it will run decent and still look somewhat pretty, im on my school laptop and cant use my gaming desktop back at home so hopefully it works =)

Me too I have both Intel HD 4400 desktop and recently buyed nvidia gtx 750 ti. But you have mobile version of 4400.

• Like 1

Me too I have both Intel HD 4400 desktop and recently buyed nvidia gtx 750 ti. But you have mobile version of 4400.

yea, I know its not the greatest, I was on a fairly low budget when I bought it. Do you think I can still run it though? Thanks

yea, I know its not the greatest, I was on a fairly low budget when I bought it. Do you think I can still run it though? Thanks

I will tell you my settings when I was playing on HD 4400

Rendering res 1366x768 (100%) V-sync disabled

Texture High

Texture Filtering Very Low (this is anisotropic filtering and for HD 4400 this matters for performance)

Objects Normal

Terreain Very Low

Clouds Very Low

Shadows Disabled

Rendering - everything disabled, HDR very low

Also disable head bob to avoid as much as possible shimmering/flickering of aliased edges.

I was playing with 24 - 30 fps. Probably you will have to lower the resolution. I can't tell for sure.

EDIT: Oh, my memory bandwidth is 25.6 GB/sec using dual-channel. This improved my fps as well because HD 4400 is sharing my system RAM. And we all know that GPU memory bandwidth is also a very important for performance.

Edited by lucianpin
  • Like 1

I will tell you my settings when I was playing on HD 4400

Rendering res 1366x768 (100%) V-sync disabled

Texture High

Texture Filtering Very Low (this is anisotropic filtering and for HD 4400 this matters for performance)

Objects Normal

Terreain Very Low

Clouds Very Low

Shadows Disabled

Rendering - everything disabled, HDR very low

Also disable head bob to avoid as much as possible shimmering/flickering of aliased edges.

I was playing with 24 - 30 fps. Probably you will have to lower the resolution. I can't tell for sure.

EDIT: Oh, my memory bandwidth is 25.6 GB/sec using dual-channel. This improved my fps as well because HD 4400 is sharing my system RAM. And we all know that GPU memory bandwidth is also a very important for performance.

thanks, once I buy the game I will try your settings out. if I can get same fps as you I will be happy.

Hi i just wondered if my laptop would play Stand Alone, and what sort of setting should it run ?

Dell insperon

Graphics

Switchable

AMD Radeon HD 7730m

Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Ram 8gb

Processer

Intel ® Core ™ i7 -3632 QM cpu @ 2.20Ghz turbo to 3.2Ghz

64bit operating system

1TB hard drive

Thanks Stew

Are the dayz requirements accurate?

I bought another game, planetside 2, which MINIMUM is a dual-core 3ghz processor. I have a 1.8 dual-core and it runs fine on medium graphics at steady 20 fps.

I don't meet the recommended requirements to run dayz, but I meet the minimum and for planetside 2 I didn't even meet that and it runs. So, are game specs in general, but specifically dayz, accurate? thanks

System Specs:

CPU: intel CORE i3 4010U 1.8ghz

GPU: intel HD 4400

RAM: 6 GB

Monitor Res: 1366x768

HDD: 500GB Harddrive

after reading what I said above, is it possible I can run dayz on low graphics with 20+ fps? Thanks in advance :)

Hello, i just recently purchased a custom pc, and i am waiting to recieve it via fedex,
I am curious if my pc will be able to handle dayz, and how well...I will eventually upgrade what's needed if so.
here are my specs. Thank you!

• AMD Processor - AMD Athlon x4 750K 3.4GHz (Quad Core)
  • CPU Cooling - Standard Heatsink
  • AMD Motherboard - MSI FM2-A55M-E33 {2 DDR3 Slots}
  • Memory - 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
  • Hard Drive - 500GB 7200RPM
  • Optical Drive - DVD Writer
  • Graphics Card - AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB
  • Power Supply - 450 Watt Power Supply
  • Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

My computer has

AMD A10 6700 APU 3,7 ghz.

16gb ram.

2000gb memory

AMD Radeon R7 240 graphic card

Can i run dayz how good?

/ Sorry, bad english.

Desktop or laptop? desktop
Monitor resolution: 1920x1080
CPU :i3 -2120 @ 3.30Ghz
Graphics card: factory one
RAM:* 6GB
SSD? (Yes/No) no

CPU : intel Core i3 4010U @1.8ghz

Graphics card: Intel HD 4400

RAM:* 6 gb

SSD? (Yes/No) no

I can run Planetside 2, which has higher requirements then dayz, at a steady 20 fps on medium settings. I don't meet the requirements at all for this game, but I meet some of them for dayz. What kind of fps will I get in dayz standalone? thanks

I'm not getting the laptop which had the specs I posted last time but could anyone tell me if the game is playable with these specs on this laptop even on lowest settings.

Laptop or desktop: Laptop

CPU: Intel® Core i5  2.4GHz processor speed

GPU: NVidia GT720M 2GB

RAM: 8GB

SSD: no

I plan on buying a new laptop tomorrow so a quick response would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by IamSE4N

Hello, I have got 2 pcs in mind to build, one is amd fx 8320 with gtx 650 ti

And the other one is intel i5 4430 with gtx 650 ti

Which is better?

Edited by jjbean_