OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

Can I run?

My laptop:

Asus X550LB

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 4200U, 2 cores, 4 threads, 1.6 GHz, Turbo Frequency 2.6 GHz.

RAM: 6GB 1600 MHz Dual channel

GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 740M (64-bit edition)

Storage: Samsung 830 SSD

Resolution: 1366x768

Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone?

I really want to try this game but I don't want to spend my money on something unplayable. I would appreciate if someone commented on this.

Thanks man. Yeah it's one of the QHD displays. I think it can be scaled to suit? Do you have any idea on the FPS I should be able to expect with those specs?

I was worried about the HDD. I guess I'll probably go for the SSD option. Unless you/anyone has any suggestions for a better laptop? Keeping in mind I'd like it to be pretty thin and pretty light.

Yes, you can run your games in 1080p fine.

Budget and location? Most definitely there are better laptops around.

Yes, you can run your games in 1080p fine.

Budget and location? Most definitely there are better laptops around.

Cool, that's good to hear! By fine would you estimate somewhere around 30fps on medium, or do you reckon it could be higher? I have no real idea what ball park FPS figure I would be looking at. Especially when in city areas of the map.

I don't really want to spend more than $2k, ideally maybe $1.5k if there's something decent out there for that, but I'm in Australia so most computers are quite a bit more here. The Dell I can get at a really good discount that brings it down to just over $2k. The weight, size, materials/build quality, and screen really bring me to the Dell for everyday usability. I really don't want to go for a heavy, chunky laptop as it's not overly practical. 

Edited by zombie_chew

Cool, that's good to hear! By fine would you estimate somewhere around 30fps on medium, or do you reckon it could be higher? I have no real idea what ball park FPS figure I would be looking at. Especially when in city areas of the map.

I don't really want to spend more than $2k, ideally maybe $1.5k if there's something decent out there for that, but I'm in Australia so most computers are quite a bit more here. The Dell I can get at a really good discount that brings it down to just over $2k. The weight, size, materials/build quality, and screen really bring me to the Dell for everyday usability. I really don't want to go for a heavy, chunky laptop as it's not overly practical. 

I am quite positive that you will get more like around 50-60 FPS in wild areas. The FPS drops in cities are not limited to hardware though, everyone experiences them to some level.

I am quite positive that you will get more like around 50-60 FPS in wild areas. The FPS drops in cities are not limited to hardware though, everyone experiences them to some level.

That's better than I was expecting to hear! Just as long as it remains around ~30ish FPS in cities that would be great. Not sure if that's a bit of a stretch though.

That's better than I was expecting to hear! Just as long as it remains around ~30ish FPS in cities that would be great. Not sure if that's a bit of a stretch though.

No, I did not say it will stay around 30 in cities. It might but likely you are going to suffer under the same drops as everyone else (down to 10-15 if unlucky, 15-20 if lucky enough).

There is not much you can do about it though.

No, I did not say it will stay around 30 in cities. It might but likely you are going to suffer under the same drops as everyone else (down to 10-15 if unlucky, 15-20 if lucky enough).

There is not much you can do about it though.

Sorry, I worded my response pretty poorly, I know you didn't say that. That's just a ballpark figure that I'm hoping/aiming for. 

I just saw the new Gigabyte P35G-V2 laptop. Now that's definitely a strong contender. It comes with the new Nvidia GTX 860M Maxwell GPU and likely a 256GB SSD, which I imagine will boost performance a bit. Plus it should be around $500 cheaper than the top of the line XPS 15 here in Oz! I'm just not sure if the QHD display and touch functionality on the Dell is worth the premium. Decisions haha

Edited by zombie_chew

The QHD and Touch feature are not worth the premium. And for the FPS drops, much more powerful desktops suffer under 20 and below FPS issues in cities so 30 would be pretty optimistic. :)

If you have that option available then take it. XPS series are overpriced commonly. I looked around in two Australian PC stores and neither had a better laptop for cheaper on sale. There was also some Toshiba gaming laptop that I just read about from Maximum PC. I don't know if it fits your budget in Australia. THat 256GB/860M is good though, what CPU will it feature?

Edited by SGT. Kalme

Hi, i am upgrading my current very slow buggy pc to a new one. 

I am wondering if a Quad Core 3.9Ghz and a AMD HD8750 will run Day Z?

Yes it will, i have a 3.3GHz duo core with a PNY Nvidia Geforce 610 and i cun run it pretty smooth on normal

Hi, i am upgrading my current very slow buggy pc to a new one. 

I am wondering if a Quad Core 3.9Ghz and a AMD HD8750 will run Day Z?

Merging.

Just reposting this for the benefit of some.

Remember folks, research everything before you try something new. (ie trying to play an nes game? make sure you not trying to insert the cartridge in to a genesis)

Trying to play a vijeo game on a computer entertainment system?

Make sure to READ THE MINIMUM FUCKING SPECS

read the required system specs from here or here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154395-can-i-run-dayz-retail-post-here/page-1

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221100/

• Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz (Barely playable with C2D 2.5ghz and a better video card than below)
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM (not bloody likely LOL)
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c
  • Hard Drive: 10 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible

if you are well over, you can play, if you just meet it might be frustrating to setup and get a decent fps and if you are under the spec dont bother.

DayZ is a performance HOG, due to the nature of the multiplayer sandbox on a ~13km2! map. A lot of information is constantly coming and going from your system to the servers.

CPU is very important. 3.5+ ghz i recommend and GPU at least a nvidia gtx 460+.

AMD may have some issues and require some extra tweaks or not live up to the performance level it should.

Edited by deebz1234

Edit, nevermind. Getting a diff computer

Edited by Beesau

Processor: AMD FX 6350 3.9 GHZ (Haven't a clue if i can overclock)

GPU: Radeon 7870

RAM: 16GB

HardDrive: 1.8TB Toshiba

Can i run dayz?

The QHD and Touch feature are not worth the premium. And for the FPS drops, much more powerful desktops suffer under 20 and below FPS issues in cities so 30 would be pretty optimistic. :)

If you have that option available then take it. XPS series are overpriced commonly. I looked around in two Australian PC stores and neither had a better laptop for cheaper on sale. There was also some Toshiba gaming laptop that I just read about from Maximum PC. I don't know if it fits your budget in Australia. THat 256GB/860M is good though, what CPU will it feature?

I had the feeling they probably wern't. I can't imagine I will miss a feature I've never had either. It's a shame about the FPS drops but I guess it'll be something I (and everyone) just have to live with for now.

Yeah, the XPS did seem a bit overpriced. However, I can get it for 25% off at the moment, so it's not too bad. The Gigabyte still ends up being cheaper and better though. I just need to research into their build quality etc first. As for the CPU it's a 4th gen i7-4700HQ (2.4-3.4ghz), so I think it's a bit more powerful than the dell?

Thanks for all your help as well man, really appreciate it!

Laptop

Monitor resolution: 1920x1080

CPU: i7-4800MQ

Graphics card: Nvidia 880M (as far as I know, this is far above the recommended)

RAM: 12

SSD? NEVER!

I'd like to play on at least medium settings. I don't mind having to turn down/off shadows/clouds or playing without AA/etc. I'd additionally like to play ArmA 3-with constant explosions and 50 AI vs 50 AI battles being the norm for me.

Desktop or laptop? Laptop

Monitor resolution: 1366 x 768

CPU: i5-460m

Graphics card: ATI HD 5650

RAM:* 4gb only 3.68 is actually useable

SSD? No

Thanks,

~Nexus

SSD? No

Thanks,
~Nexus

I don't think that will run the game very well.

Despite what people like deebz are saying, I just bought the game being well under minimum reqs for it and its definately playable given the right settings and a little cfg editing if you are using windows xp. It won't be perfect and maybe a little laggy, but its definately playable as far as I'm concerned.

For record, this is my old, low end system:

Windows XP

2.0ghz AMD Athlon dual core

1gb gfx card

2gb RAM

Yes, it is playable... even getting spawned into eleckro. Like I said, its not beautiful but it works, in fact it was even faster than I thought it would be. This is probably about the bare minimum for "making it work", I would imagine someone with even a slightly better system could run at pretty decent fps turning all the settings down and whatnot.

Dayz.cfg

language="English";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=100000;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
Windowed=0;
Resolution_W=1024;
Resolution_H=768;
winX=16;
winY=32;
winW=800;
winH=600;
winDefW=800;
winDefH=600;
refresh=75;
Render_W=1024;
Render_H=768;
FSAA=0;
postFX=0;
GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;
HDRPrecision=8;
lastDeviceId="";
localVRAM=1073741824;
nonlocalVRAM=123076608;
vsync=0;
ssaoEnabled=0;
AToC=0;
SWLayersCount=0;
PipQuality=0;
PPAA=0;

You.Dayzprofile

TexQuality=1;
TexMemory=3;

sceneComplexity=150000;
shadowZDistance=100;
viewDistance=1400;
preferredObjectViewDistance=1000;
terrainGrid=6.125;

(the above is not the complete config, just a cutout of what I changed)

You're going to have to start the game once, go into options, don't change anything or change something unrelated to gfx options (mouse or something), exit options, then quit the game again in order to get it to generate a full config file, otherwise winxp users will get the device fail error. I'll experiment because I'm sure there are a few other settings around I could change to choke some fps out of this. Don't expect it to look good, but if your sole purpose is only to get into the game world this will do it.

For some reason I am unable to set my terrain detail to high (which uses the gpu not the cpu from what ive heard), unless this has recently been changed. An option to set this independant from the terrain detail would be nice but thats doubtful.

Why did I do this? Because I felt like it.

Edited by Chzy

Intel Core i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40 3.40GHZ

Desktop

Monitor resolution: 1920x1080 - but I could run the game at 1280x768 or something close to that.

CPU: INtel Core i33240 CPU ~ 3.40GHZ(4 CPU's), ~3.4GHZ

Graphics card: NOt sure how to check my graphics, You Have: Intel® HD Graphics, Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Required You Have

Icon Pixel Shader version 3.0 5.0

Icon Vertex Shader version 3.0 5.0

Icon Dedicated Video RAM 512 MB 1.1 GB

RAM: 4G 3.6 Usable.

SSD? (Yes/No) Not sure, probs not.

I'm confident my laptop should be able to run it, but I would like to know what settings I could play on with decent fps (30 - 50 fps)

Laptop
Monitor: 17.3 inch (1920 x 1080)
CPU: i7-4700MQ (Up to 3.4GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M with 4GB GDDR5
Hard Drive: 500GB (8GB Hybrid, 5400 RPM, 64MB Cache) SATA 6Gb/s w/NCQ NVIDIA [NO SSD]
RAM: 16GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz

SSD? No

Thanks,
~Nexus

I'm assuming you are using a Dell Inspiron 15R? Same specs as my old one haha.

I played the mod a lot and on lowest settings possible, besides resolution, I kept that at 100% (1366x768).

It was only just playable, i'd drop to 15fps in cherno/electro and it would sporadically go down to ~8fps. 

But outside of the towns I could get up to 29fps but usually it sat a bit lower.. Maybe 25fps?

So really it's not going to be a great experience, but you should be able to get atleast some enjoyment out of it, I managed to.

Although towards the end of my laptops life it got worse and it would just overheat constantly because it just wasn't designed to play such intensive games.

• Like 1

• Desktop

• Operating system - Windows 8.1 64

Processor - AMD Quad-Core A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD 8330 Graphics (1.5 GHz, 2 MB cache)

Memory - 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (1 x 4 GB)

Hard drive - 500 GB 7200 rpm SATA

Graphics card - AMD Radeon HD 8330 Graphics

Optical drive - SuperMulti DVD burner

Could I run Day z stand alone under optimal settings on this system? I would like to know before I buy it. Or would this one be better?

Desktop

Operating system - Windows 8.1 64

Processor - AMD A6-5200 quad-core processor [2.0GHz, 2MB L2 Shared Cache]

Memory - 6GB DDR3-1600 MHz [2 DIMM ]

Hard drive - 1TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive

Graphics card - AMD A6-5200 Radeon HD8400 [VGA, DVI-D]

Optical drive - SuperMulti DVD Burner

Edited by Sorren

Desktop

Windows 7 Ultimate

AMD Phenom II X4 945 Processor 3.00 GHz

4 GB Ram

no SSD

ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series 1GB GDDR5

so please mtv pimp my ride

If your okay with long load times and menu lags you can reasonably play minimum specs. I've been playing on a slightly upgraded office machine.

desktop

Athlon II x2 215 @ 2.4Ghz

EVGA GTX 650Ti

4gb DDR3 ram (stock, unknown brand)

1600x900 resolution

up to 35~FPS in wilderness low 20s in cities. any recording/streaming software drops me below 10 >.< miss my nice I7 920.

Its very workable and you can still win gunfights just don't expect to max your settings or play on a huge resolution.

Arma engine is a resource hog and FPS fluctuations are all over the place even on some very nice builds. if you have min specs expect stutters/lags/etc from time to time even on low.

• Like 1

Hi,

Looking to get the game but not sure if my rig will run it well enough!

Desktop
Operating system - Windows 7 pro
Processor - 3.0GHz Intel Core i3 540
Memory - 8GB DDR3-1333 MHz
Hard drive - 1TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
Graphics card - Geforce GTS 450 (Fermi) 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5
Optical drive - SuperMulti DVD Burner

Thanks!