OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

Hey, Im sorry to make a silly topic like this but i looked at the specs for DayZ and im not sure if my pc could run it. My pc is terrible before anyone reminds me but i can run games like Fallout3, FalloutNV and GarrysMod and HalfLife2 ETC: but im not sure if my pc could run a game like DayZ. the link to my PC is and before you spam this once again with stuff like get a decent PC and so forth " https://www.google.com.au/#q=Emachines+EL1850 " thats the PC i purchased. umm i have plenty of space. Umm my email is BrinJetson@gmail.com I am looking to buy DayZ i have enough to buy it but i dont want to buy a game i cannot run therefor this topic was made. if you could Email me yes or no or even post it on this topic that would be great. and the game has to run well not low FPS and slow screen stopping.

-Cheers Brin

PS: I am terrible with PC's this is why i made this post.

It will work, but your performance may not be the greatest.

Will probably have to add a dedicated graphics card down the line if you want to get the most out of the game.

Hey, Im sorry to make a silly topic like this but i looked at the specs for DayZ and im not sure if my pc could run it. My pc is terrible before anyone reminds me but i can run games like Fallout3, FalloutNV and GarrysMod and HalfLife2 ETC: but im not sure if my pc could run a game like DayZ. the link to my PC is and before you spam this once again with stuff like get a decent PC and so forth " https://www.google.com.au/#q=Emachines+EL1850 " thats the PC i purchased. umm i have plenty of space. Umm my email is BrinJetson@gmail.com I am looking to buy DayZ i have enough to buy it but i dont want to buy a game i cannot run therefor this topic was made. if you could Email me yes or no or even post it on this topic that would be great. and the game has to run well not low FPS and slow screen stopping.

-Cheers Brin

PS: I am terrible with PC's this is why i made this post.

Sorry bud.. The EL1850, as it comes stock, will not play DayZ and be enjoyable. You should have a free PCI Express slot in the case, but I believe you will need a compatible low-profile aftermarket GPU, along with a beefier power supply to power it. And as for the power supply, I believe that eMachines model, has a proprietary PSU. Basically, you would not beable to fit an aftermarket power supply in that case. I may be wrong about that, but from what I've seen online about it, looks like you may be SOL in that dept. Edited by Antykain

Hey Guys , What would this be like at running DayZ ?

• Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor
  • 16GB RAM DDR3
  • 128GB Solid State Drive
  • 3TB hard drive 7200 rpm
  • Intel HD Graphics 4600
  • DVD SATA writer
  • 23 inch full HD LED-backlit display (1920 x 1080)
  • Windows 8.1
  • Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (1.5GB dedicated)

Cheers Guys

Can this run DayZ?

Desktop or laptop: Laptop
Monitor resolution: 720p (1366 X 768)
CPU: 2nd Generation Intel Core i3-2330M processor (2.20 GHz)
Graphics card:  Intel HD Graphics 3000 with up to 1.6 GB Dynamic VideoMemory
RAM:* 4GB DDR3
SSD? No, I don't believe so, but I'm not 100% sure. (If you can explain how to find out, I will try)

Also, when you buy DayZ, do you buy the download, or account?  I mean if I buy it can I download it again on a new computer or is it a one time download per buy?
Edited by Lloyd_Batty

Desktop or laptop? Laptop

Monitor resolution: 1080p

CPU: Intel Core i5-4200M @ 2.50 GHz

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 8670M

RAM:* 8GB DDR3

SSD? (Yes/No) No

Can I run DayZ Standalone? Any help appreciated!

Desktop or laptop? Desktop

Monitor resolution: 1152x864

CPU: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz

Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 440

RAM:* 2.1GB(probably going to buy 4GB though)

SSD? (Yes/No) No

Edited by Herkuzz

Hello everyone

I want to start playing the game, looks amazing but i would like to know if it will run on my PC, now i know that you guys will not be sure but at least i can try..

Here are my pc specs:

Operating system: XP (yea.. i know) 

Proccessor: Intel e8400 3.0GHZ Dual core

RAM: 3.3 GB

Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce 9500GT 1024MB

and thats about it..

Hello everyone

I want to start playing the game, looks amazing but i would like to know if it will run on my PC, now i know that you guys will not be sure but at least i can try..

Here are my pc specs:

Operating system: XP (yea.. i know) 

Proccessor: Intel e8400 3.0GHZ Dual core

RAM: 3.3 GB

Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce 9500GT 1024MB

and thats about it..

XP is not supported so you may be able to run the game but expect crashes if trying to change videao settings.

As for the rest,/just about / not really, you will be frustrated.

I do not recommend.

Welcome to the Forums.

Read the Stickies please.

so are you sure that the game will not work? i dont even care about graphics, i just want it to run.. will this do the job? 

Edited by Yahel

Can this run DayZ?

Desktop or laptop: Laptop
Monitor resolution: 720p (1366 X 768)
CPU: 2nd Generation Intel Core i3-2330M processor (2.20 GHz)
Graphics card:  Intel HD Graphics 3000 with up to 1.6 GB Dynamic VideoMemory
RAM:* 4GB DDR3
SSD? No, I don't believe so, but I'm not 100% sure. (If you can explain how to find out, I will try)

Also, when you buy DayZ, do you buy the download, or account?  I mean if I buy it can I download it again on a new computer or is it a one time download per buy?

You will have a lot of trouble running DayZ on that laptop, you might just be able to but with the very lowest of settings.

When you buy DayZ through Steam the game will update and remain in your library.

It is unlikely that you have an SSD, they are a recent technology and rather expensive.

If you plan on getting a new computer in the future, that is more capable of running DayZ all you will need to do is install Steam and download DayZ.

so are you sure that the game will not work? i dont even care about graphics, i just want it to run.. will this do the job? 

I did not say that you will not be able to run it but that you will have trouble doing so.

The good thing about Steam is that games are always in your library, so even if you come back in a years time with a new machine the game will be waiting for you.

The e8400 was a good CPU at the time, this is in your favour.

I did not say that you will not be able to run it but that you will have trouble doing so.

The good thing about Steam is that games are always in your library, so even if you come back in a years time with a new machine the game will be waiting for you.

The e8400 was a good CPU at the time, this is in your favour.

Thank you very much for the information, i know the E8400 was a pretty decent CPU, but you know.. computers and thier hardware change on like daily basis so i have my machine for almost 7 years now, ill buy it anyways and if it wont work ill just do as you said, ill wait and the game will still be stored.

Thanks again! 

again folks, seems a lot of people ^ are posting their systems specs and they are blatantly under the minimum required as per the "game box"

read the required system specs from here or here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154395-can-i-run-dayz-retail-post-here/page-1

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221100/

• Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz (Barely playable with C2D 2.5ghz and a better video card than below)
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM (not bloody likely LOL)
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c
  • Hard Drive: 10 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible

if you are well over, you can play, if you just meet it might be frustrating to setup and get a decent fps and if you are under the spec dont bother.

DayZ is a performance HOG, due to the nature of the multiplayer sandbox on a ~13km2! map. A lot of information is constantly coming and going from your system to the servers.

CPU is very important. 3.5+ ghz i recommend and GPU at least a nvidia gtx 460+.

AMD has issues with some games and specifically DayZ. So I would suggest avoiding that for now.

Edited by deebz1234
  • Like 1

Desktop

Monitor resolution: 1920x1080

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz

Graphics card: Palit DualFan 1535 MB nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

RAM: 8.00GB Dual Kanal DDR3 @ 686MHz (7-7-7-21)

SSD: No

Running a mix of optimised settings for no killing too much eyecandy and still being able to play competitive.

Besides that, i locked my FPS at 45 because that´s fluid to me and everything beyond that would just make my PC louder for no reason.

That being said: the game runs very decently and also higher settings run fine, i just deactivated them for the reason i stated above.

Edited by AmmokK

desktop

• AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz Eight Core Processor
  • 16GB Memory
  • 1000GB hard drive storage space
  • Radeon HD 7750 1GB Graphics card
  • Asus M5A78L-M LX V2 motherboard
  • not sure of the res im hoping to rig an hdmi and use tv but any advice welcome on best i can expect res/FPS

Desktop or laptop? Desktop
Monitor resolution: 1152x864
CPU: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz
Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 440
RAM:* 2.1GB(probably going to buy 4GB though)
SSD? (Yes/No) No

So. I know i meet minimal requirements but i would just like to know if i will get a stable FPS in Elektro or Cherno? Because playing something with 10-20 FPS is impossible for me :D Waiting for an answer. Thanks in advance!

It'll be stable.

Unfortunately, you're going to be lucky to see "the unplayable 10-20fps" you mention.

• Like 1

• Desktop

AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz Eight Core Processor

16GB Memory

1000GB hard drive storage space

Radeon HD 7750 1GB Graphics card

Asus M5A78L-M LX V2 motherboard

Sorry for the repeat post im still waiting to buy the machine till i get some feedback, this is y first foray into PC gming and i dont want to waste money buying a machine tat isnt suitable to run dayz

It'll be stable.

Unfortunately, you're going to be lucky to see "the unplayable 10-20fps" you mention.

Thanks. Well i'll have to upgrade my pc then :D

• Desktop
  • AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz Eight Core Processor
  • 16GB Memory
  • 1000GB hard drive storage space
  • Radeon HD 7750 1GB Graphics card
  • Asus M5A78L-M LX V2 motherboard
  • Sorry for the repeat post im still waiting to buy the machine till i get some feedback, this is y first foray into PC gming and i dont want to waste money buying a machine tat isnt suitable to run dayz

You should be fine with that build.

• Like 1

Thank boneboys any idea on framerates, the intergrated card is within spec but shoulp i either get an extra gpu or just stick with it?

Okay last one, i found this one for £55 more than my previous model

Case Built In Galaxy 3 Gaming Case With Side Window and Blue LED Fans Motherboard Gigabyte H81M-S2PV CPU Type Intel I5 4th Generation Haswell CPU Model Intel Core I5 4440 3.1ghz 6mb Cache 4th Gen Haswell CPU Socket Intel 1150 CPU Clock Speed 3.1 Ghz CPU Max Turbo Clock Speed 3.1 Ghz Memory 8gb crucial ballistix DDR3 1600mhz Performance Ram Hard Drive Size 1tb Seagate Barracuda Sata 6Gb/s 64mb Cache 7200rpm Optical Drive Samsung 24x SH-224DB/BEBE Sata DVD Writer Graphics Card Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 2gb GDDR5 with HDMI Graphics Card FREE Game Bundle Free Game Included – Daylight on Geforce GTX. The Way it’s Meant to be Played PSU Size

Corsair CX600 80 Plus Bronze 600w Power Supply

my only concern is the PSU and the fact it has no OS, i can install 7 premuim 64bit myself but would 8.1 be a better OS

Desktop or laptop? desktop

Monitor resolution:1920x1200 60 ghz

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo e4500 2.20 ghz

Graphics card: ATI Radeom HD 5450

RAM:* 2gb ddr2

SSD? (Yes/No) no 

so my specs wont match for the game as i am running a inspiron n5030. which i figured. but my question is, if i have an external nvidia graphics card and upgrade my cpu, will i be able to play. here are my current specs.

CPU Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz

CPU Speed 2.3 GHz

RAM 3.1 GB

Video Card Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

will a external graphics card even help? or is that just a waste of money and should i just get a desktop as everyone suggests on here.