OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

Okay last one, i found this one for £55 more than my previous model

Case Built In Galaxy 3 Gaming Case With Side Window and Blue LED Fans Motherboard Gigabyte H81M-S2PV CPU Type Intel I5 4th Generation Haswell CPU Model Intel Core I5 4440 3.1ghz 6mb Cache 4th Gen Haswell CPU Socket Intel 1150 CPU Clock Speed 3.1 Ghz CPU Max Turbo Clock Speed 3.1 Ghz Memory 8gb crucial ballistix DDR3 1600mhz Performance Ram Hard Drive Size 1tb Seagate Barracuda Sata 6Gb/s 64mb Cache 7200rpm Optical Drive Samsung 24x SH-224DB/BEBE Sata DVD Writer Graphics Card Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 2gb GDDR5 with HDMI Graphics Card FREE Game Bundle Free Game Included – Daylight on Geforce GTX. The Way it’s Meant to be Played PSU Size

Corsair CX600 80 Plus Bronze 600w Power Supply

my only concern is the PSU and the fact it has no OS, i can install 7 premuim 64bit myself but would 8.1 be a better OS

so get a better PSU if your worried...insignificant.

stay away from windows 8.

that system is much better and you should be able to play pretty well.

dont feed the troll.

you 2 above who posted about the dual cores, wont run SA. barely meeting the specs.

You need a modern computer system.

check the specs.

So.... Is this a dead forum/thread? Do these inquires get answered or is this game kind of dead and unpopular now?

No it's not and your post is unnecessary.

Read the Topic to get a good idea of what is a playable minimum.

As for your build it might just about run the game but you will be disappointed.

I do not recommend that you buy it unless you have the intention of buying a new computer in the future.

The game will always be in your Steam library.

Hello everyone

I want to start playing the game, looks amazing but i would like to know if it will run on my PC, now i know that you guys will not be sure but at least i can try..

Here are my pc specs:

Operating system: XP (yea.. i know) 

Proccessor: Intel e8400 3.0GHZ Dual core

RAM: 3.3 GB

Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce 9500GT 1024MB

and thats about it..

Just wanted to say, the game is working for me without a real difficulty - meaning that you can even play with Windows XP and with very minimal hardware. 

Can someone please help me! Lol

Will this pc run dayz? If so how good? How many fps in cities and out? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227541

If that one can't run it can this one? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220460 if this one can, how good? Again if it can how many fps in cities and how many out? Thanks a lot for any help!

^ get the second one, it has a far better video card. (7770)

should play SA pretty good on max settings. The processor is lacking some juice though.

thats actually a great priced gaming rig...

its out of stock though, id try building a rig similar to that. but id swap in a cheaper case, get a 3770k processor or 4770k and a cheap water cooler and only 6-8gb ram

gtx 680 if possible and ur done for a few years

build from individual newegg parts or ncix or tigerdirect and you will save a bundle, only buy a gfx card that is on a good sale. will help save $$$

motherboard is important as well, go for something that is overclock and gaming friendly. Asus or gigabyte.

Edited by deebz1234

I doubt it, but worth asking, can I play on this:

Laptop
Windows 7
Processor: Intel Core i5-3210M 2,5 GHz
Memory: 8 GB
Video card: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (This is what I doubt the most..)

Desktop
Mobo: ASrock 970 Extreme4

CPU: AMD FX6300

8G Ram

GPU: Gigabyte r7 260x 2GB(ver1)

Screen res: 1920x1080
WD 7200rpm 350G HDD(for os)
Freeagent Go Usb HD 250GB (game) 

I doubt it, but worth asking, can I play on this:

Laptop

Windows 7

Video card: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (This is what I doubt the most..)

No... If that PC could even boot up dayz, it would be the lowest of the lowest quality

Laptop
Windows 7
Video card: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (This is what I doubt the most..

reading minimum spec seems like youd possible be able to run but dont expect perfect perfomance.

Just on a side note thanks to the guys who offered advice and help in here, i went with the I5 model the company i bought from even threw in a better PSU and a extra cooling fan after i spoke on the phone and gave my back story. So the system i bought cost £595 with a 3year all parts guarantee. I havent got steam or dayz yet but ive had titanfall and BF4 running on ultra piece of cake, the switch from console gaming to PC gaming i think will stick now i cant believe the gulf in performance. on a side note the company I used is based in UK called freshtechsolutions, id thoroughly recommend them for any noobs looking for a PC for Dayz, cant comment on the longterm perfomance of PC yet but there customer service and delivery time has been amazing and the PC and the price seems to be incredible

Desktop or laptop? Desktop

Monitor resolution: 1920 x 1200

CPU: AMD A10 7850k

Graphics card: AMD R9 270x 4GB

RAM:* 8GB DDR3 2133

SSD? (Yes/No) No

Desktop or laptop? Desktop
Monitor resolution: 1920 x 1200
CPU: AMD A10 7850k
Graphics card: AMD R9 270x 4GB
RAM:* 8GB DDR3 2133
SSD? (Yes/No) No

your cpu is a dead on contestant to mine with hardly any major differences.. you have a better gpu than mine. I did get the game, and seems to run just fine(still trying to figure out my fps) but I also need to learn how to work the buttons, etc.. so far I can open a door, etc lol. My 2 yr old son is very distracting :)

Guys, if i have A 32 BIT,Windows XP,A 3.00GHZ OLD (2007) Proccesor, A 1024MB graphics card, a 3.3 GB Of RAM and i can run the game on normal settings with no real problem so why wont you be able to?

Even with a 2.5 GHZ proccesor i think you will be able to do it, the proccessors that are available today are much more better than mine and i can run it so.. i just think that people are making a big "monster" out of this game..

Edited by Yahel

Guys, if i have A 32 BIT,Windows XP,A 3.00GHZ OLD (2007) Proccesor, A 1024MB graphics card, a 3.3 GB Of RAM and i can run the game on normal settings with no real problem so why wont you be able to?

Even with a 2.5 GHZ proccesor i think you will be able to do it, the proccessors that are available today are much more better than mine and i can run it so.. i just think that people are making a big "monster" out of this game..

yes and no

a 3.0 ghz 2007 processor can be quite powerful and work well with SA.

you need to be more specific.

there ar i7s that are only clocking 2.25 ghz and can barely run the game...

normal is also a relative term...hows your view distance? cgf settings?

I strongly suggest installing the 64bit version of Windows as if the game uses the 2GB of RAM allocated to it, your system only has1.3GB left to run all other system tasks.

I'll try again, I also got a desktop, but it's a bit old..

Desktop

Vista
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 3.00 GHz

Memory: 4 GB

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

I'll try again, I also got a desktop, but it's a bit old..

Desktop

Vista

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 3.00 GHz

Memory: 4 GB

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

It will just about run the game but you're dangerously close to the min. specs so I wouldn't expect very good performance. Also, it would help to know exactly which 4800 series card you have in there. A 4890 would run a bit better than, say, a 4830.

I'm unsure at what graphical settings are optimal, im keeping the first 2 on normal and the last 2 on high/ very high respectively out of fear that it wont run well at a higher setting:

GFX: GTX570 superclocked

CPU: I5 2500K 3.3ghz

RAM: 8GB

sufficent power supply

Monitor resolution: 1920*1080
SSD? (Yes/No)
  • Like 1

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883156026

Hey will this work if I get this dell and buy a better graphics card to upgrade? Not sure if it would be compatible I heard doing this was a good way. The CPU should be fine it gets me 140% on game debate that website where you check your specs. So would this work? I'm thinking a gtx 650 ti 2gb? Or a 660 2gb please help.

yes and no

a 3.0 ghz 2007 processor can be quite powerful and work well with SA.

you need to be more specific.

there ar i7s that are only clocking 2.25 ghz and can barely run the game...

normal is also a relative term...hows your view distance? cgf settings?

I have no idea about distance or cgf settings. / :

Hi i was planning to Buy Arma II CO + Get the DayZ Mod as i've heard many good things about it and watched a few videos on youtube which looked interesting. I realised DayZ SA was released however it's still in it's Alpha state. I've heard many say that the DayZ Mod is currently alot better than the SA, so i was wandering how many FPS i can get with my current computer At the lowest settings. ( Don't really care about the graphics much as for now the game play only matters to me.)

Screen Resolution; 1366x768

PC Specs;

CPU: AMD FX4300 QuadCore 3.80 Ghz

GPU: Radeon R7 240 2GB DDR3

RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz RAM

HDD: 1TB Sata 6Gb/s 64mb Cache 7200rpm

PSU: 500W 12cm Fan ATX 12v V2.0 70% Efficiency Power Supply

OD: Samsung 24x SH-224DB/BEBE Sata DVD Writer

MoBo: GA-78LMT-USB3

Case: Vantage CIT Green Gaming Case

I Know the GPU isn't all that but i don't have any money to upgrade ATM, so i was wandering what FPS i could reach with that on Dayz at Low or Lowest settings around 1366x768 Resolution. (Also if you can could you tell me what FPS i can reach with the game "Rust" on the lowest settings.)

Edited by TheProKi

Optimal settings for low-end Systems.

TWEAKS

Steam launch option:
-nosplash -noPause -cpuCount=4 -high

Dayz.cfg:
GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

Dayz.Profile:
sceneComplexity=200000;
shadowZDistance=150;
viewDistance=1600;
preferredObjectViewDistance=1600;

INGAME SETTINGS

Video: http://oi57.tinypic.com/20zenhg.jpg
Textures (Video Memory: Auto): http://oi59.tinypic.com/6sql42.jpg
Quality: http://oi58.tinypic.com/2cifktf.jpg
Rendering: http://oi59.tinypic.com/29blfk3.jpg

Steam launch option:

-nosplash -noPause -cpuCount=4 -high

-CPUcount=x as well as -exThreads=x, -maxMem=x and maxVRAM=x all depend on your specs. It's no good using cpuCount=4 if you're running an i3, for example.

We have an in depth topic about improving performance here...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154330-possible-fps-enhancer/

:)

For the DayZ standalone:

Laptop 

1360 x 768

Intel Core i5-3230M 2.60GHz

Nvidia Geforce 610M 2GB

6GB RAM

No

Edited by laurensv1