psychopigeon

every server is dark

Solution... Don't play. 

If you want a source for this check out the developer of the game who stated that right now there would be huge issues and things you won't like so don't buy it and play it yet. 

I too want to see the light of day but I will deal with it. 

edit: turning up gamma/brightness is cheating IMO

Why would it be cheating, we can't play without it. 

The flashlight is extremely tiring for your eyes and really frustrating, sure they want it to be realistic, but that's NOTHING like real life.

Why would it be cheating, we can't play without it. 

The flashlight is extremely tiring for your eyes and really frustrating, sure they want it to be realistic, but that's NOTHING like real life.

I play without it

I'm not gonna mince words here, because IMO this is how the game goes to shit. it all starts with "we do this because x (flashlight, etc) isn't up to par yet..." it's the same excuse I heard for duping, combat logging, hacking, and everything inbetween (and of course "everyone does it"). if and when the flashlight does get better, it will be useless because everyone will be running around with their gamma cranked up

• Like 1

I'm in Europe and some servers are in daylight .. but I do not know where ... I saw it on Twitch

Solution... Don't play. 

If you want a source for this check out the developer of the game who stated that right now there would be huge issues and things you won't like so don't buy it and play it yet. 

I too want to see the light of day but I will deal with it. 

Good lord Mercules...

Every post you have thrown up today has been nothing short of some asshat remark, chastising everyone as if you are Rocket's right hand.

Get over yourself, get the stick out of your ass and clean off your e-penis.

Good lord Mercules...

Every post you have thrown up today has been nothing short of some asshat remark, chastising everyone as if you are Rocket's right hand.

can you blame him? It's in alpha and it's annoying to see everyone just whining about the game. Also, the number of people who never played DayZ before that are posting nonsense on the forums is obnoxious as well..

Yes some of us enjoy playing in the day time. Others like to simply have the ability to actually see their surroundings. It's so pitch black for me this game is unplayable, even with the flashlight. I'm not bothered because I know there are and will be bugs, I haven't been able to play because I just purchased this game and can't see shit. I see a lot of you talking down to those who are confused about the 24/7 nighttime and don't enjoy playing in a dark environment. But of course, there will always be ignorant assholes who think they're better because they can play in the dark, good for you boys.. Good for you.

why do you care what the "hardcore" night owls think ???

theres NOTHING wrong with liking to play in daylite and being to see what the fug ur actualy doing..

hopefully there are 24/7 daylite servers up soon, and all this will be for nought...

• Like 1

Its Alpha, its Wavering between Un-Playable and Fully Playable.

Imagine this, what would it be like in the pitch, cold night of a eastern european country? Hmmmph?, it would be Dark, Wet, and Blind...

If it is really bugging you, and as such it does to other people. It will be fixed

Its Alpha, its Wavering between Un-Playable and Fully Playable.

Imagine this, what would it be like in the pitch, cold night of a eastern european country? Hmmmph?, it would be Dark, Wet, and Blind...

Its a realistic game, not a game in which if you don't want something to be, it just goes away.

If it is really bugging you, and as such it does to other people. It will be fixed and done with.

-Wolfy

Edited by Wolfensteinsaurus
  • Like 1

I play without it

I'm not gonna mince words here, because IMO this is how the game goes to shit. it all starts with "we do this because x (flashlight, etc) isn't up to par yet..." it's the same excuse I heard for duping, combat logging, hacking, and everything inbetween (and of course "everyone does it"). if and when the flashlight does get better, it will be useless because everyone will be running around with their gamma cranked up

IMO when what seems like the majority of players have to jump through hoops to play the game how they want, the developers should take note and fix the problem.  The night has been an issue since the mod originally came out and nothing has been done to improve it.  They could at least make night time have enough visibility so you can see shit like the Arma games already have vanilla.  There's no reason for it to be pitch black like it is.  If they are going for realism...you can see at night without a flash light if you have moonlight.

Yes some of us enjoy playing in the day time. Others like to simply have the ability to actually see their surroundings. It's so pitch black for me this game is unplayable, even with the flashlight. I'm not bothered because I know there are and will be bugs, I haven't been able to play because I just purchased this game and can't see shit. I see a lot of you talking down to those who are confused about the 24/7 nighttime and don't enjoy playing in a dark environment. But of course, there will always be ignorant assholes who think they're better because they can play in the dark, good for you boys.. Good for you.

Merged, meet the gang.

FLIP THE GODDAMN SERVER TIME BY 12 HOURS SO PEOPLE WHO HAVE JOBS CAN PLAY DURING DAY AND NOT IN SOME WASHED OUT GREEN GAMMA NIGHT WITH A TINY CONE

just wanted to put it more consise.

• Like 2

IMO when what seems like the majority of players have to jump through hoops to play the game how they want, the developers should take note and fix the problem.  The night has been an issue since the mod originally came out and nothing has been done to improve it.  They could at least make night time have enough visibility so you can see shit like the Arma games already have vanilla.  There's no reason for it to be pitch black like it is.  If they are going for realism...you can see at night without a flash light if you have moonlight.

I think it's generally better than the mod. the mod really was "pitch black"

and I don't think the devs should cave in every time people want to cheat to circumvent the intended mechanics of the game. that's how we ended up with all these stupid "24/7 daylight, spawn with everything, 1000 cars" servers

many of us have been waiting for the standalone so we can play the "real" DayZ again. but already people are trying to turn it into candyland. I know that sounds harsh, but like I said, IMO this is how the game goes to shit

• Like 1

Nighttime would be fine if there were chemlights & flares, or if you spawned with a flashlight. The SA is simply leagues behind where the mod was a year ago.

Nighttime would be great with flares. Missed seeing those. I remember the first hours of dayzmod and running along the coast and seeing a flare in the distance from another newbie who wanted more light. Flash lights are great but the flares really stand out in the dark. 

I will disagree with you that the SA is "leagues" behind. I've gotten better performance in the SA than I remember the mod ever having when it was first released. Don't you remember the hours of "waiting for host" or the endless "receiving data from server"?

Whats the deal with only nigth server rly ? Night when ever i log in, doesnt matter of the time (cet+1).

I think it's generally better than the mod. the mod really was "pitch black"

and I don't think the devs should cave in every time people want to cheat to circumvent the intended mechanics of the game. that's how we ended up with all these stupid "24/7 daylight, spawn with everything, 1000 cars" servers

many of us have been waiting for the standalone so we can play the "real" DayZ again. but already people are trying to turn it into candyland. I know that sounds harsh, but like I said, IMO this is how the game goes to shit

So basically everyone has to play not how they enjoy the game, but how you say the game should be. Because allowing people to tweak settings to their own liking and choose the server configuration they want to play on violates the Spirit of DayZ, where every night goes on a year, you start wearing boxer shorts and carrying a rusty spoon, and there's a 75% chance you'll die every ten minutes or so. Did someone twist your arm and force you to play a 24/7 daylight server? I'm guessing not. So why you feel you can do the same to everyone else is a mystery.

Lol people are like. I was playing DayZ mod, I'm a hardcore player, so there should never be any daytime in the game cause im a pro.

I played DayZ mod since it exists, and I am AWARE it is an ALPHA version, but still, I am saying they SHOULD fix this issue. 

So basically everyone has to play not how they enjoy the game, but how you say the game should be. Because allowing people to tweak settings to their own liking and choose the server configuration they want to play on violates the Spirit of DayZ, where every night goes on a year, you start wearing boxer shorts and carrying a rusty spoon, and there's a 75% chance you'll die every ten minutes or so. Did someone twist your arm and force you to play a 24/7 daylight server? I'm guessing not. So why you feel you can do the same to everyone else is a mystery.

the mod and all it's variants are still there if people want to play on those servers. the nature of the mod made it easy for that sort of customization. if you want to look at it another way, many of them were just "Arma II mods" and not "DayZ"

I don't see what any of that has to do with the idea that the dayZ standalone should have a single vision. otherwise it just becomes fragmented, and IMO that is how the game goes to shit

Lol people are like. I was playing DayZ mod, I'm a hardcore player, so there should never be any daytime in the game cause im a pro.

I played DayZ mod since it exists, and I am AWARE it is an ALPHA version, but still, I am saying they SHOULD fix this issue.

that is a strawman, along with "every night goes on a year, you start wearing boxer shorts and carrying a rusty spoon"

Enjoy the night. It's supposed to be a challenge.

I get up, and its dark, so i say "oh well ill wait for a bit" waited whole day, 6pm at my place, and its only just getting light. 

I want to fucking play dayz when i want to, not have to wait till 6pm at night to play daytime. it sucks.

Here's how the day night system works.

Look outside your house. If it is dark or will be soon, then it's likely dark in game. If it's light outside or will be soon, then it's likely light in game. It's not that hard of a concept, stop crying because your easy mode servers are not in standalone. Night and day are on a 24 hour cycle, live with it and play around that knowledge and use it to your advantage.

Looking outside my house, its midday and every server is dark. when i got up it was dark at 8am in the morning and its light, still light midday through to 6pm.

I want to play DayZ during the daytime. Your theory is wrong.

What? Some people prefer playing third person, I think it gives more immersion.  Because you can see what your gear and your character look like.  Also it avoids having to look at this shitty first person textures.

He means seeing over walls, and through them.

Good lord Mercules...

Not every post, just replies to certain people with certain attitudes. I don't like playing in the dark ALL the time either but I also realize the game won't always be that way and if I don't like it I can wait and log in later when a change is made to it. 

that is a strawman, along with "every night goes on a year, you start wearing boxer shorts and carrying a rusty spoon"

No, that's the argument being made against daylight: that those that want to play in color are afraid of the dark, need their hands held, want to play candyland DayZ, when I guess real men like playing in grayscale. So I threw out a reductio ad absurdum and asked why bother with weapons at all, then. Real men beat zombies to death with their bare hands.

Preferring to play in color has nothing to do with how hardcore you are or aren't and no one's saying the night should be done away with altogether. The people asking for some daylight servers--which has nothing to do with the game being in alpha unless the devs created the word in black and white--is not an unreasonable request and the pushback from people saying no, NIGHT FOREVER is just bizarre. Go play on a night server then, no one's stopping you. Just change the day/night cycle for the other at least half of us that would like to be able to actually see the game we paid money to support.