psychopigeon

every server is dark

guys there is supposed to be a 24 hr cycle, at the moment its not fucking working obviously.

game has been out for what 23 hrs???

leaving the realistic 24 hr system is perfect, those who want day all the time, join a server  few time zones over,,

the end

It's not so easy... a few timezones high ping unplayable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............

My worktime means: I play allways in nighttime, that suxx.

No, that's the argument being made against daylight: that those that want to play in color are afraid of the dark, need their hands held, want to play candyland DayZ, when I guess real men like playing in grayscale.

no, that is not the argument begin made

its ok, my feathers aint ruffled..

but i do prefer 24/7 daylite... i just find dayz nitetime EXTREMLY UN-FUN... the artists spent alot of time making the game world, sorry but i wanna see it..

if i wanted to play in the dark, id just leave my godam monitor turned off..

NIGHT is sopposed to be more challengung. Neither is it supposed to be as easy as daytime. I'm in favour of the 24-hour system, and by no means am I unable to see anything. The gamma thing needs fixing so flashlights are more usable, that's it.

Also: -ite does not equal -ight...

Edited by Ratiasu

It's pretty much a fact that the majority of the player base do not like playing in the dark.

The ratio of given beans on this topic wants to have a chat with you.

Look, I enjoy playing night time now and then. But I can pretty much only play from midnight due to work. I played the dayz mod on UTC-8 servers. Starting the day in daylight and finishing at night time. That worked for me.

Now I can only play in night time, like ever? I can't deal with that.

Also, the flashlight seems bugged, or maybe I do something wrong. But it shines in the bottom left corner on my screen and not in the center for me.

On a sidenote, there also need to be servers that don't allow 3rd person.

Turning off shadows made a world of difference for me. Of course Im now unconscious in a shed outside Elektro so I guess my gameplay will consist of staring at a black screen for an hour or so.

Yay, so hardcore./

guys there is supposed to be a 24 hr cycle, at the moment its not fucking working obviously.

game has been out for what 23 hrs???

leaving the realistic 24 hr system is perfect, those who want day all the time, join a server  few time zones over,,

the end

Except as people stated they have joined several time zones over and it is still night. 

The end

There's nothing challenging about the nighttime. It's just fucking boring, and the sooner the DayZ team realizes that and stops listening to the idiots preaching about how hardcore the game should be (no daytime, no weapons, no ammo and so on and on), the better. It's no fun to see nothing but black, white and grey all the time. The timing of the cycle is also terrible. By the time I get home from work there's little or no daytime left at all...

Edited by Herr Robert
  • Like 2

A 8 hr, 4 hr night cycle is the only fair kind of cycle.

I play at night, so

I will never see DAYZ SA Daytime/Color, ever~ 

Edited by iDash

There's nothing challenging about the nighttime. It's just fucking boring, and the sooner the DayZ team realizes that and stops listening to the idiots preaching about how hardcore the game should be (no daytime, no weapons, no ammo and so on and on), the better. It's no fun to see nothing but black, white and grey all the time. The timing of the cycle is also terrible. By the time I get home from work there's little or no daytime left at all...

EXACTLY^^^^ starting all the worlds servers at the same time with the same time in game was epicly stupid...

they really need to sort that out ASAP

It's weird. I was playing Takistan Life with a friend once. It was night on my screen and day on his.

Joined server, 5pm Aus time, daylight outside. Pitch black server, oh okay cool. Log back on at 1am, still dark. play til 4am, still dark.

11 hour night time, amazing. Especially since it wasnt following australian cycle and it doesnt follow any sort of east european cycle (night time usually from 10 - 6)

Right now, for me, all servers seem to be on the same timeline.

What about people that work well into the evening, they should be able to search for offset gmt servers.

Note that I'm not advocating 24/7 day/night servers.

I guess my question is, will there be more variety in server times in the future?

Uhh I like the night, but even when I got it installed at like 4 PM it was still pitch black :\ I don't really have the time to get on at like 8 AM to see the game in all its glory. Well at least the weekend is coming up :P Hope its just a bug that its so dark even when it isn't were your at.

This is my experience with SA nighttime.

I spawn in, it's night.  I take a look around (still default settings) and notice and can see quite a bit.  I think "wow, this is pretty nice.  Much better than the mod nights."  I sort out the flashlight and try it out and thought "wow, I can actually run and keep the flashlight in front of me!"  I then continued to loot and play with my mates until the sun came up on the server and played a bit during the daytime.

The point being is, the default night in SA is much better than the mod, and the flashlight is leaps and bounds better.  Yes there aren't chemlights and flares right now, but neither is a lot of stuff.  I'm sure they're on the way.  I think it would be a good move to set the game time to the server location time, and that may be on the table, we'll just have to wait and see.  I am fully against any public hive 24/7 daylight servers though.  It's against the point of the game, and people need to just learn to appreciate the night.  It is playable without gamma/brightness sliding.

And for those complaining about batteries dying, shut off the flashlight when you're outside.  Saves on power and keeps a lower profile against other players.

• Like 3

I like the night myself but wish there were more types of lighting options like how we had flares/chems ( great to bait people with sometimes). Also at around 1pm EST the servers I played were all dark. At around 3-4am EST the servers were getting light so I can see this being a problem because most players will only be able to play at night and thats not fun to only play it at night instead of a mix.

Maybe have a 6hr or such night/day cycle so you get people get to experience both.

Edited by Sputter

It's dark because the main hive is probably hosted in ester Europe or something. It's 4:26 AM here and its pitch dark outside. There should be daylight within 3 hours or so.

Edited by raynor009

dayz isin't dayz as long as third person exists, 

why not add 24/7 day and spawn with a gun if your going to add third person to these game? 

It's strange. I used to play the mod almost exclusively in 3rd person, but for some reason, I like first person better in standalone thus far. Also, I love the fact that loot is rare and night time is for real. I'm having a hell of a time so far.

I think 24/7 daytime servers absolutely defeats the purpose of this game.

I dont know what the server base their  day/night cycle on(location?). Last night I got 30 min of daytime, and that 30 min I spent on fixing with my settings.

But I think something has to be done, as we all live in different timezones. Is it possible to do something like Taviana, where you'd have 4 hours day/night? Or even longer, 6 hours. 

I know we've all been doing this since the beginning of DayZ, so you would think that the development team would make a change.  Instead is seems like they would rather fight against what their players want.

No we haven't . I have not, and I will not cheat and ruin immersion . I can handle a bit of dark if the timing worked. Somethign is glitched. I still want night time, you really are a bunch of whining cheating pussys.

• Like 1

I'd like to see day/night cycles and dynamic weather. Things like: sunrise, fog, rain, storm, wind and moar!

Edited by silent

You do spawn with a flashlight.

But then you have to drag the battery over and attach it, ain't nobody got time for that shit!

• Like 1

NIGHT is sopposed to be more challengung. Neither is it supposed to be as easy as daytime. I'm in favour of the 24-hour system, and by no means am I unable to see anything. The gamma thing needs fixing so flashlights are more usable, that's it.

Also: -ite does not equal -ight...

And: -ung does not equal -ing

But the gamma and flashlights have nothing to do with it, we just want the time displaced a tiny bit so those of us who work for a living can see daylight in the game at least ONCE in a blue moon.