psychopigeon

every server is dark

SOooOo many scaredy cat pussies.. there should be a feature implemented where these types can "hold hands" with a freind so hopefully the boogy man doesnt get them at night 

Could we all try to discuss this like grownups? Comments like that doesn't get us anywhere, they are pointless.

Let's talk about the issue instead of insulting each other.

The servers that I played on that were always nighttime were daytime all last night and through to this morning so I have no idea what has changed or if the clocks have been reversed or something.

SOooOo many scaredy cat pussies.. there should be a feature implemented where these types can "hold hands" with a freind so hopefully the boogy man doesnt get them at night 

Pointless comment. I love night time play. But im yet to log 5 min of daytime play... Tried servers around the world, cant find any. Dont mind night at all. LOVE LOVE LOVE night, but i really want to see the area. I've heard its amazing. So forgive me for wanting a offset server so even i can view it.

Apparently im scared... 

• Like 1

all im gonna say is there are servers that run daytime and arent 24/7 daytime servers.  however must servers are not on the correct time for the area they are in.  so yes times need to be fixed on the servers because all US servers are night starting at like 10am central time

:facepalm: Why not make a balance, 8Hours Daylight ...4Hours Nighttime ...8Hours Daylight ... 4Hours Nighttime... Now everyone Happy. or at least 93.569% of total population will be happy.  :D

Here is a fix that solves the complete darkness on every server, it's for us workers who can't play during the day. 

The night cycle is fucking idiotic right now, it should be day for 2½ hours and then night for 2 hours. It's impossible to find anything in the dark when you start a new character. Either fix the night-cycle or make the flashlight ALOT better.

The fix:

1. Crank gamma and brightness to the max!

2. Turn on Cluds, best quality.

3. Problem solved, but the game looks like shit.

and THAT is exactly what's the problem with nighttime play. i LOVE the night, i love the immersive feel when i make my way through moonlit woods and have to use my flashlight when scavenging buildings - always risking to be seen from miles away. but all this immersion bursts like a soap-bubble when you KNOW that 90% of all players do what you do. they kill the night.

it's sad.

• Like 1

Temporary fix: Add 2 server types

Realistic (24 hrs server time, alligned to local area, eg. GMT for english), allows hardcore players to get the full day cycle experience

Fast (6 hours a day server time, 4 hr day and 2 hr night) allows more casual players to experience all times

Update fixes for future:

Arma 3's method of saturation and only enhancing light areas shown in other threads

i would like to see, that the day/night border alternates from day to day (on all servers simultanously would be best) this could easily be done when the in-game time elapses a bit faster (not much, lets say 18 hour days instead of 24 hour days) i think that could be a good trad-off, what do you think?

there are servers that are day. the problem is the cycle isnt correct with the actual cycle.  the night cycle for the US servers are all messed up

This is one of the most important things to fix, imo. Currently on Australian servers the sun doesn't come out until about 7pm irl, which means darkness all day, during the prime playing time. It's incredibly annoying, the dark was fun for the first 20 minutes. Now its just a pain, its not the best environment to be learning all the new mechanics. If you can't sync the server time to the real life time zones, then I would honestly prefer it if night was disabled entirely until it can happen. Its simply unfair otherwise.

This is one of the most important things to fix, imo. Currently on Australian servers the sun doesn't come out until about 7pm irl, which means darkness all day, during the prime playing time. It's incredibly annoying, the dark was fun for the first 20 minutes. Now its just a pain, its not the best environment to be learning all the new mechanics. If you can't sync the server time to the real life time zones, then I would honestly prefer it if night was disabled entirely until it can happen. Its simply unfair otherwise.

Although decent people with a full daytime job should find this perfect, since only kids and basement-junkies play daytime..

Although I live in Sweden and ofcourse got a full time job, so I can more or less only play night time during weekdays, which isn't that annoying. Just man up and drop your lights in your room. Survival of the fittest aye?

Edited by haxborn

because it could lead to the same fragmentation we saw with the mod. fragmentation while the game is still in early alpha at that

the mod, all it's variants, and private hives, are still there for those that want to play with various rule sets. you can even make up your own with Arma 2 or 3. can't the DayZ standalone exist outside of that with it's own singular vision?

Why should people that don't want to play night time 24/7 be forced to go play the mod rather than SA which has the potential to be (and already is imo) vastly superior to the mod? Your arguments make absolutely zero sense, you keep talking about "fragmentation", the only thing more servers with different day/night options will do is MORE people will get to enjoy the game, it will NOT affect you. The alternative is that all those people will simply stop playing the game, or play far less. Why are you scared of other people enjoying the game along with you, with their own preferences? I feel like I need to stop reading this thread because your arguments are so hollow I can only assume you're trolling, and my opinions have already been echoed by thoughtful responses from many people like Morrighan. I just hope the devs/rocket aggree that the current system definitely needs changing, and listens to the general consensus in this thread.

Why should people that don't want to play night time 24/7...

that is a strawman. it is not night time 24/7, and no one wants night time 24/7. I've said a few times that there should be servers with offset times (and there already are some). what I don't want is 24/7 daylight servers

They should add the server time in server browser, so people can decide if play during day or night. Some people like night , some day, some like to be surprised.

For testing purpose, it's stupid that the majority of people can find and play just night servers at the beginning, should be the other way around.. People need to see the beautiful graphic enhancements, see the new places, buildings, all the beautiful stuff they added.

The majority of people work or study during the day, so they can only play during the evening or night.

If the servers are all tied to the time of the server geographic position, that means that the majority of people will have the possibility only to play during night time. Otherwise, like it's happening right now, people connect to servers based to the other side of the world to play in daytime and that result in bad ping, lag and desync.

This is just stupid, especially at the beginning of the alpha, where people need to learn the new game mechanics and want to see all the new cool stuff they added

I like the dark... but NOT everytime I go to play. I would like to experience both day and night as each has its own play style.

With that said the flashlight beam sucks balls. For those that drone on about realism.... make the light beam real then most will not bitch about night.

Please fix the day night cycle, this is silly. I shouldn't have to play in the dark all the time. Every server I play on is night time.

Please fix the day night cycle, this is silly. I shouldn't have to play in the dark all the time. Every server I play on is night time.

try different server hosts (mpgs, gameservers, vilayer, etc)

try different server hosts (mpgs, gameservers, vilayer, etc)

Really. Like I just came in here and only logged into one server and then complained. Maybe you should read through the whole thread before you post.

Really. Like I just came in here and only logged into one server and then complained. Maybe you should read through the whole thread before you post.

jeez everyone is so confrontational. I was just trying to give you, and anyone else reading this, some help with the situation. last night I found the MPGS servers were daylight, when they weren't previously. this is an evolving situation, and things are changing already

• Like 2

You guys must have more servers to be able to 'choose' or 'server hop' in America- All UK servers are constantly stuck on 40/40

Same with EU

Its ridiculous. No doubt america has plenty servers they can even hop between them. We can't even join one.

You guys must have more servers to be able to 'choose' or 'server hop' in America- All UK servers are constantly stuck on 40/40

Same with EU

Its ridiculous. No doubt america has plenty servers they can even hop between them. We can't even join one.

and that's another way to find daylight servers. they're usually full...

there are server types that are offset from the others, i can confirm this 100%  look for different server host

• Like 1