psychopigeon

every server is dark

~ Rocket, Daytime please. I work all day and come home to a dark DayZ server. If you want me to play and test this game then please GIVE ME LIGHT!

I am ok with night also, just not more than 50% of the time. :)

Why was this stickied? There is no official response here, I just read 8 pages of people asking why it's always dark. Shouldn't stickies be for threads with actual info?

its just crazy long and unbearable for my eyes putting contrast and brightness up, i understand the argument of a challenge but its giving me a headache after a while and that is the challenge for me...just not fun.. and i dont think its very good for your eyes and brain focussing on pure weird black and white graphics...

you dont like nighttime at all then you shouldn't be playing this cause its unrealstic - way to force people

lock the brightness contrast bars - monitors have buttons which you can adjust it...so locking it wont do a thing? also in ATI you can force brightness contrast and other things on a game manually so...

i dont even see the problem here, just mix it up a little and everyone can enjoy the game....it was okay before but in the 2nd update night time seems even darker then before...now i have to put up the contrast up also and i still cant see a thing anywhere... 

maybe flashlights who last for ages? but thats not realstic either now is it? lol...

its an aplha to me its all good, i avoid night time tho...so i only play a couple hours a day...caturday is probably when im gonna devote my time towards a longer session...

All servers are synchonised. You're just playing at the wrong time. GTM is the DayZ default time. Just try playing between 8 and 18 o clock

Of course! It's so simple, I guess all I have to do is quit my job and responsibilities so I can play this game during the day!

Thanks man, I don't know why I was so selfish to ask for an option to play in daylight during a time that's more reasonable with my personal schedule. 

• Like 2

Some people said they have found daytime servers, but haven't heard any servernames baout that yet.

Other than that most servers appear to be nighttime.

24HDay exists

Is there where I quote Dean saying something about people not liking how harsh the SA might be and he hopes they don't sign up right away

ya you love dean, we know, you really really love him.

But the game engine cannot  model anything like what night dark is like. So they should not even try, next time you and dean are talking about it pass that on to him.

And tell him that when he does release notes, why not say what he changed? 

Here is my take as a longtime mod player:

Please don't give me that "use your flashlight" and "this is dayz" or "I'm hardcore" jazz. Let's not start another one of those "debates" here. Have some mercy on the newbies. They took a leap of faith in buying into the alpha SA.

1. People that have paid good money to support the alpha should AT LEAST get a choice of server times like the mod.

2. For first impressions, the game looks more impressive during the day. Give people a great first impression.

3. I'd hate to be new to the game and load up my first game ever and play night. ESPECIALLY when loot needs serious tweaking. Everything is picked over near spawns and REMEMBER that you start out thirsty now! For a newbie, especially in nighttime, the game is ALL about finding liquid. When you are new, you don't know where to go in the distance for loot. MY Point is that daytime is the best way to LEARN the game e.g. melee, learn what wells look like, learn where loot is, learn how to lose zombies, learn the map, etc.

Tonight was my last try playing the SA alpha, in its current state, at night. Like I said, the loot issue makes it darn near unplayable.

Did I mention that alpha supporters should get the same choice as the mod?

I believe that newbies should get the most impressive first impression. Especially the way things are now, nighttime is not it.

See I don't think it should be a choice where you can just hop between servers too stay in daylight, that defeats a lot of the survival aspects, in truth I also wish there was a way to prevent people from just cranking up the gamma to get around it.  I think a day\night cycle of 6 hours would be best.  That way even if you play at the same time each day, every  days you get the opposite of what you had before.  This way people who always play late at night will get to play in daylight and vice versa

The only thing I hate about the night which is why I hope the cycle is not a full 12 hours is so I can see the graphics in all their glory.  But if your playing DayZ with 24/7 day your not playing dayz, may as well just add a gun and unlimited food and drink so you can play what you really want which is COD with zombies.

P.S.  The you is not meant as you specifically more of a global you for all those who would want 24/7 day

Now see this is bullshit. If you want to play like that then do so, but you have no right to decide how others should play. I hate nighttime, not because it is challenging, but seeing a dark monitor defeats the fun for me it is simply unfun and results in me cranking up the gamma like 95% of other players who play in nighttime... I always played the mod during daytime and intend to do so in the SA too. If I want to play on daytime servers then I should have the right to do this.... I want to see what the artists designed not a pitch black monitor....

I still don't know why there are people trying to dictate the way everyone else gets to play. If a 24/7 daylight server exists somewhere in this world, it should be shut down immediately because it offends what you say the spirit of the game is? It's not enough that you just go play on a server you like, no, that other server can. not. exist. I'm not arguing for a 24/7 daylight server, I just don't get why one group of people feels that there is the One Configuration and if you don't like it don't play the game and go back to Candyland you pansy wuss you. If you want to make the standalone into an indie game that appeals to a very small subset of gamers because you will not allow the settings to be tweaked to appeal to different types of players, then this has been a LOT of time and money to invest for a very small return. And if you think the "Night Only Forever, Bitches" coterie of DayZ players is the majority, then let's set up a 24/7 day server and a 24/7 night server and see which one stays populated.

In the meantime, let people play the way they want to play and mind your own business. Set up your own hardcore server if you want. You can make fun of the daywalkers and we'll make fun of the people stumbling around in buildings feeling around for more flashlight batteries, and everyone will be happy.

Spot on sir spot on!

then maybe this isn't the game for those people. I really think the more open nature of the mod has bamboozled people into thinking this game can be whatever they want it to be. this is a standalone game, not a mod and/or variations of a mod

Ofc the game can be whatever they want it to be - with different servers. You seem to vigilantly oppose that anyone who has different preferences to you should be able to enjoy the game the way they want. WHY does the existence of 24/7 daylight servers affect you? Hint: IT DOESN'T. All the standard 24hr cycle servers will still be there, full of people, for you to enjoy. The very beauty of having different servers is to be able to have different variants to peoples preferences, there is NO reason why that should be different from the mod to the standalone, other than random people like you getting butthurt because someone isn't playing the game "They way it's meant to be"... Look at the broad perspective, and realise that other peoples happiness with the game does NOTHING to your way of playing it.

• Like 1

See I don't think it should be a choice where you can just hop between servers too stay in daylight, that defeats a lot of the survival aspects, in truth I also wish there was a way to prevent people from just cranking up the gamma to get around it.  I think a day\night cycle of 6 hours would be best.  That way even if you play at the same time each day, every  days you get the opposite of what you had before.  This way people who always play late at night will get to play in daylight and vice versa

The only thing I hate about the night which is why I hope the cycle is not a full 12 hours is so I can see the graphics in all their glory.  But if your playing DayZ with 24/7 day your not playing dayz, may as well just add a gun and unlimited food and drink so you can play what you really want which is COD with zombies.

P.S.  The you is not meant as you specifically more of a global you for all those who would want 24/7 day

i really agree with u

Personally the night isn't bothering me ATM, I always like to grab the lanterns and run around it seems to light way better than the flashlight. But maybe the sun burnt out from all of the 24/7 daytime servers in the mod!

Im currently on SG servers and they are in full bright sunshine...

Edited by warmonger917

24/7 night or day, both are wrong.

I get decend amount of day time when I have time to play after work (gmt+2 zone),  I do get the evening and first part of the night too if I play late enough.

They should try different variations, without turning this in to a minecraft... that shit is just too much. 6h cycles could be ok...
Even if they change the cycles it doesnt guarantee that some people will get the night, in the worst case if you have that 6 hours to play you can get the glimps of sun in both ends. To ensure everyone gets whole cycles you would have to make the cycles the minecraft fast and thats totally wrong.

I agree. We don't need only daytime or only nighttime servers.

What we NEED are more options and a way to SEARCH by server in-game time.

I hope this pans out. Don't get me started on newbies' first impressions coming from night play. With loot the way it is, nighttime is horrible at the moment.

I see the epeen comments from the mod forums are alive and well in SA.

Don't tell people they shouldn't have a choice. That is YOUR choice. Right now there really is no choice.

Edited by need matches

Of course! It's so simple, I guess all I have to do is quit my job and responsibilities so I can play this game during the day!

Thanks man, I don't know why I was so selfish to ask for an option to play in daylight during a time that's more reasonable with my personal schedule. 

Listen up buddy, you're supposed to test the game, not to play it. If you're unable to test at night, yes, sucks for you. It's not like I could change anything about that!

Listen up buddy, you're supposed to test the game, not to play it. If you're unable to test at night, yes, sucks for you. It's not like I could change anything about that!

How dense are you.

Ok we tested, we cannot play the game cause its broken rendition of night has been forced on us in the first patch. No mention in the release notes no mention of this skitzo design decision anywhere I have seen.

So take our 30 bucks, render the game useless the next day.

Do you really think people will pay for a game they can only play on weekends?

Do you really think a survival game where people do anything else other then sleep at night is realistic?

People are just so brain washed on this forum it is stunning.

Your not testing anything, your just a stoog that thinks he is "on the team" cause he paid his 30 bucks and toes the silly fan boi line.

Edited by PongoZ
  • Like 1

WHY does the existence of 24/7 daylight servers affect you?

because it could lead to the same fragmentation we saw with the mod. fragmentation while the game is still in early alpha at that

the mod, all it's variants, and private hives, are still there for those that want to play with various rule sets. you can even make up your own with Arma 2 or 3. can't the DayZ standalone exist outside of that with it's own singular vision?

SOooOo many scaredy cat pussies.. there should be a feature implemented where these types can "hold hands" with a freind so hopefully the boogy man doesnt get them at night 

Every game I played was in daytime, I live in Europe and played from around 16:00 - 22:00 here.

Btw, you are that same kind of person that cries for daytime on Minecraft servers. Nighttime is more fun than daytime since you are less visible to zombies and can make great use of the game's real effects. Just as I remember in the old DayZ mod: you see a campfire ignite somewhere in the mountains, you hear people run thru the forrests or go flare some noobs who think they are bad-ass with their NV (to make sure they're blind forever :P).

Some people said they have found daytime servers, but haven't heard any servernames baout that yet.

Other than that most servers appear to be nighttime.

I've found one server with daylight, rest has been full moon nights.