psychopigeon

every server is dark

I have no problem with night and am one of the few who refuse to play in grayscale. I like trying to find my way around confusing new building layout with only my flashlight in the dark it adds to the experience for me. That said, they need to put servers back to the time zone the box is in (synch game time to system clock). Otherwise people will never have an opportunity to experience both day and night. some of us DO have schedules outside of dayZ and cant live around what ever time zone every single server in the world seems to be synched to.

I'd like to see day/night cycles and dynamic weather. Things like: sunrise, fog, rain, storm, wind and moar!

unfortunately those things aren't in Forza 5

As of right now, all dev servers are still synced to Czech time, but now that there are people out there hosting their own servers, those are offset.  There are daytime servers out there now, just have to look for them.

Simply reduce the day-/night cycles that people who are only able to play in the evening (cause of work) not have to play in the dark all the time ;)
but day-only ? naaaah

I don't want 24/7 daytime servers, but I haven't seen the colors on SA yet, I am playing at night but I am missing the sun already.

24/7 daytime should be available for people who want it. If some people enjoy playing only daytime, let them be :)

• Like 1

I don't want 24/7 daytime servers, but I haven't seen the colors on SA yet, I am playing at night but I am missing the sun already.

24/7 daytime should be available for people who want it. If some people enjoy playing only daytime, let them be :)

what about those that "enjoy" spawning with an AS-50?

at some point this game needs to put it's foot down and not try to please everyone. Arma 2 is still there for those that want to play however they want

to be clear, I'm not happy with having to play at 2am to see daylight. but the solution IS NOT 24/7 daytime servers

Opening statement: i prefer a even mix of both night and day.  I managed to get a hour of day light on a server last night and it was gorgous.  Not to mention the added tension of seeing your prey at a distance and tracking them.... fun stuff.  Night time can be super intense and difficult... also fun stuff for me.

For those saying that 24/7 defeats the purpose of the game.  realize that every one is not you and wants what you want.  Some people have different anxiety levels and the fear and tension you get by playing at night they get simply playing in daytime.  Not every one has the base line ability you do and cant cope with night time play as well.  Also this game has one hell of a learning curve and some people might want to ease into it a little,  not as extreme or (in my opinion) fun but perfectly reasonable.

24/7 daytime has its place in the same way 24/7 night would or a even mix of day and night as nature intended. 

Id say mix the servers up a bit for day/night (as vast majority appear night right now) and once the game gets further down the road readdress this issue with more server options such as shortened day night cycles or 24/7 options

what about those that "enjoy" spawning with an AS-50?

at some point this game needs to put it's foot down and not try to please everyone. Arma 2 is still there for those that want to play however they want

to be clear, I'm not happy with having to play at 2am to see daylight. but the solution IS NOT 24/7 daytime servers

yes cuz clearly 24/7 day and spawn with AS50 are the same thing..

jebus some people../facepalm

For those saying that 24/7 defeats the purpose of the game.  realize that every one is not you and wants what you want.  Some people have different anxiety levels and the fear and tension you get by playing at night they get simply playing in daytime.  Not every one has the base line ability you do and cant cope with night time play as well.  Also this game has one hell of a learning curve and some people might want to ease into it a little,  not as extreme or (in my opinion) fun but perfectly reasonable.

then maybe this isn't the game for those people. I really think the more open nature of the mod has bamboozled people into thinking this game can be whatever they want it to be. this is a standalone game, not a mod and/or variations of a mod

His argument wasn't that those 2 are the same, but more of, where do we draw the line?  How far to we go to cater to a certain playstyle at the cost of the game's true vision?

If you need proof that it is hard to do, look at what happened to the mod with private servers.  First it start with 24/7 daylight and spawning with makarovs again, then we'll just add a few more vehicles, then let's just add some barracks here and there, and I guess we can add some Apaches and tanks for funzies, and people are going to need some sort of rifle at spawn now.  I should hope you're getting the picture.

Once you start giving things away, it's hard to stop people from wanting more.  It's better to hold the line and keep the game true to itself and let the folks that want easymode adjust or go back to the mod.

Edited by (TMW)HerrJon
  • Like 2

yes, I'm making a slippery slope argument to see how far this logic of attempting to make everyone happy goes. but it's not like what I'm talking about is unprecedented and didn't already happen. most of my concern comes from what I already saw happen to the mod

While I very much agree with the idea of servers tied to local day/night cycle in practice it's a little annoying. A lot of us work all day, come home, would like to play the game, but as it stands at the moment I have to make the choice of good ping but constant night every single time I play, or daytime and horrific ping connecting to another country. I don't really know what to suggest aside from perhaps halving the in-game cycle compared to real life or something. It's a shame to only ever see night-time when the game looks so damn good in daylight conditions. 

Don't get me wrong I enjoy playing at night as it's more realistic but I have about 15 hours logged on DayZ SA already and I haven't seen the game during the day once...

I still don't know why there are people trying to dictate the way everyone else gets to play. If a 24/7 daylight server exists somewhere in this world, it should be shut down immediately because it offends what you say the spirit of the game is? It's not enough that you just go play on a server you like, no, that other server can. not. exist. I'm not arguing for a 24/7 daylight server, I just don't get why one group of people feels that there is the One Configuration and if you don't like it don't play the game and go back to Candyland you pansy wuss you. If you want to make the standalone into an indie game that appeals to a very small subset of gamers because you will not allow the settings to be tweaked to appeal to different types of players, then this has been a LOT of time and money to invest for a very small return. And if you think the "Night Only Forever, Bitches" coterie of DayZ players is the majority, then let's set up a 24/7 day server and a 24/7 night server and see which one stays populated.

In the meantime, let people play the way they want to play and mind your own business. Set up your own hardcore server if you want. You can make fun of the daywalkers and we'll make fun of the people stumbling around in buildings feeling around for more flashlight batteries, and everyone will be happy.

• Like 6

All servers are synchonised. You're just playing at the wrong time. GTM is the DayZ default time. Just try playing between 8 and 18 o clock

I still don't know why there are people trying to dictate the way everyone else gets to play. If a 24/7 daylight server exists somewhere in this world, it should be shut down immediately because it offends what you say the spirit of the game is? It's not enough that you just go play on a server you like, no, that other server can. not. exist. I'm not arguing for a 24/7 daylight server, I just don't get why one group of people feels that there is the One Configuration and if you don't like it don't play the game and go back to Candyland you pansy wuss you. If you want to make the standalone into an indie game that appeals to a very small subset of gamers because you will not allow the settings to be tweaked to appeal to different types of players, then this has been a LOT of time and money to invest for a very small return. And if you think the "Night Only Forever, Bitches" coterie of DayZ players is the majority, then let's set up a 24/7 day server and a 24/7 night server and see which one stays populated.

In the meantime, let people play the way they want to play and mind your own business. Set up your own hardcore server if you want. You can make fun of the daywalkers and we'll make fun of the people stumbling around in buildings feeling around for more flashlight batteries, and everyone will be happy.

Exactly.

Edited by damdifino
  • Like 2

All servers are synchonised. You're just playing at the wrong time. GTM is the DayZ default time. Just try playing between 8 and 18 o clock

which is 2am - 12pm for central time guys looks like we are in the dark

Not all servers are synced, Ive found servers that are daytime when others are night. They might just have ludicrously high pings or be in some random country...

Don't get me wrong I enjoy playing at night as it's more realistic but I have about 15 hours logged on DayZ SA already and I haven't seen the game during the day once...

merging

[Local time, 4:30 pm]

It's.. night. Oh alright.

Oh cool some hats

I found some masks too

oh look pants and some boots

a gun...

no ammo

found ammo

still night

still night

still night

I havent played this game in the day yet, in my 10 hours of play time.

I look super cute in all of these accessories though.

I look super cute in all of these accessories though.

I'm glad there's something in it for all of us. Raawwwrrr!!!

Merged, by the way.

Hello all, I too am suffering from being unable to play during daytime(at a normal time in any case). Im a little luckier cause my work schedule fluctuates from day to day, and I got to play in a couple hours of daylight at about 2-6 am here in Colorado(couldnt sleep last night). The only reason I advocate select 24/7 servers at this point (and the irony is laughable) I really just want to test stuff out. Everyone's like "its in alpha its unplayable,stop complaining, stop whining that things dont work, go play the mod" ...why are you trying to play it like the mod then? I just want to run around and see how things work, try to find bugs to report. Im really not trying to play the game like the mod at this point, cause if I want an experience like the mod...I'll play the mod.

Don't get me wrong I actually love the fact that its a 24 hour day/night cycle in the mod(one of the things that made me start playing dayz). You try to find enough loot during the day to make stumbling through the night easier. But at this point in the SA, I don't think it should be i want to PLAY during day/night, for me I just want to be able to TEST in the day. All this elitist crap flying around about night-time, Im gonna go out on a limb and say...You don't seem to even understand why you purchased the alpha, so if you want to PLAY a full day/night cycle, go play the mod.

Also I'm not saying they should necessarily  just change it to 24/7(maybe like a select few test servers), but I do think that accommodating to people with work schedules by having a few servers with opposite cycles, certainly wouldn't hurt anything, and I don't see why people have to get all up in arms about it. I want a 24/7 day server, for now in the SA...there I said it.

I really don't mind the darkness. With moonlight, it's usually just right. And if illumination actually worked properly (Stupid Headlamp is annoying as hell to use when crouched) like the flash light  projecting a giant bat signal to anyone in the vicinity. Flares and chem lights and such. But that is all in due time. As comprise I would suggest making it a bit brighter for now.

guys with the last patch it seems even darker then before is that true? even by upscaling the brightness I can't see the ground!