boneboys

TEMPORARY TROUBLESHOOTING TOPIC

Go to your /Documents folder and delete the 'DayZ' and 'DayZ Other Profiles' folders. This will clear out any bad settings in either the game settings or characters saved data.

This won't touch any game critical stuff (that's all in your Steam directories), but the game will recreate these things on next start as if running the game for the first time.

Definately sounds like a settings issue. Delete the two mentioned folders and let the game rebuild them. You'll have to readjust all your settings again if you are using anything except default.

[NOTE: For everyone, since your inventory is stored in the hive, you won't lose anything by deleting these folders.]

I've deleted both already multiple times.

Edited by intoxicated penguin

Anyone wondering, i fixed my issue, i had to kill my character but it worked. Apparently my friend was only ever effected when i was in the same server, at the same location.

Hey, I'm having difficulty respawning in the same server that I am in once I die. After a death, i'll click "respawn", wait for everything to load, it will proceed to stay on a black screen with "Please Wait...". After a solid hour of waiting, nothing changed. However, I have no problem changing servers, spawning at the start of connecting etc, its only once I'm in the sever and respawn whilst connected.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Got a BSOD when trying to browse server list?

:unsure: 

Dont need this kind of stress in my life.. the windows auto repair tool is like waiting for your only son to get out of surgery.

Going to try again anyways.. checking back soon.

EDIT UPDATE:

I get an error about a dayz cfg file and also slapped with two more BSODs

I have 16gb RAM and an Nvida 760 which has up to date drivers. Running windows 7 ultimate x64

Is the bsod a common problem?

EDIT 2: 

I was trying to play another game and got more BSOD's I noticed my CPU was idling at 100%. uninstalled DayZ Standalone and restarted. CPU is idling at 2% 

Looks like I'll have to wait. I'll reinstall tonight and try again in the morning. Dont think there was any permanent damage to my hardware/software.

Edit 3:

Redownloaded and installed, still getting error on start up "no entry 'c:\users\jeff\documents\DayZ\DAyz.cfg.3d_performance'"

Still got a BSOD minutes after entering the game.

EDIT 4:

Got more BSODs while trying other games, skyrim, League of Legends, DayZ, doesnt matter. BSOD's after a few minutes of play, have uninstalled and I guess ill have to wait to try DayZ

Edited by MLuminos

Seems to be the way of it ATM. Servers are checking IP address and only allowing connection of one client per address. Only work around that I've been able to use is to have one client 'hijack' the neighbours wifi connection (with their permission, of course!).

Otherwise it's one client, one server. They need to fix this ASAP.

Well that just sucks, i just got myself a server for us and a couple friends now me and her can't even play together.. would of figured that would of be a #1 thing they got done due to friends wanting to team up together

Any one getting some weird FPS Lag Spikes, like from 60 to 1 for one second then go back to 60? Never had that kind of thing in any game. Any fix for that? 

I recently reported that a friend was knocked on conscious. Whilst lying on the floor unconscious, his body just decided to slide across the map. around rocks and trees, through buildings etc.  Well this happened to me today after a zombie attack. Eventually I came to a stop wedged between two trees. I was able to access my backpack, drink and eat etc. I could not re-spawn as that option was not available.

However, Here is a tip, wait if you want to keep all of your equipment you have gathered. When the server eventually reboots and you lose connection, you'll get the warning come up. When you eventually get auto kicked and you join another server. You will re-spawn alive with all of the equipment you had when knocked unconscious. Unfortunately this can take anything from  5 minutes or a lot longer depending on the re-spawn time of the server and whatever the time was in this period when you joined. Hope this helps.

Hello guys , i got a problem with DayZ , i drag items from vicinity ( am i write it correct ? :S) and drop them to my back-pack but i can't see them instantly , i need to go to another server , then i can see them . 

also , i can't equip or eat anything or simply open a door .

it seem i can send data to servers but i can't receive anything from them .

EDIT : when i right click on ant item , it say to me  "Receiving ... " and it last forever 

( Sry for my english BTW )

Edited by VahidkinG

Either find a permanent day server (there are plenty of them), or find a gas bottle and a gas lamp and join them together. These are at least 10 times brighter and illuminate a large area than the normal torch you spawn with.

HOWEVER.... you can be seen easily by bandits and zombies alike.

I need some help. I bought some corsair watercooling and a new ssd today and did a fresh install of everything. Before, my dayz worked fine and I got decent fps. After I installed to my new SSD I get slightly better fps but every 30 seconds it drops from 70 to around 20-30 and feels very laggy. I thought it may be the temps but like I said, I just put in watercooling and my gpu/cpu temps are lower than previously so I have no idea what could be causing this.

Any suggestions?

I need some help. I bought some corsair watercooling and a new ssd today and did a fresh install of everything. Before, my dayz worked fine and I got decent fps. After I installed to my new SSD I get slightly better fps but every 30 seconds it drops from 70 to around 20-30 and feels very laggy. I thought it may be the temps but like I said, I just put in watercooling and my gpu/cpu temps are lower than previously so I have no idea what could be causing this.

Any suggestions?

I also have this problem, the fps drop at regular intervals... must be a common problem

Please post your troubles in here until,,,later !

Thankyou.

Try and respond with quotes when needed so that it does not get too messy.

:facepalm:

Purchased > Play > Black screen > Menu sound > Verified integrity > Reinstalled > updated drivers > Nothing. You name it. I've done it. I literally updated everything I could possibly think of. The only thing I can do is Alt- Tab and I see a glimpse of the magnificent menu for about a fraction of a second and then back to black it goes. I managed to keep spamming the Alt- Tab and work my way into the video settings to see if there was a windowed option. ( there wasn't ) and then I worked my way down the resolution list and none of them seem to do anything. I've been waiting for this game for a very very long time. And if there isn't a fix I WILL get my money back. Please help. Anyone. Just tell me what you think the problem is and how I can fix it. I'm desperate, I'm willing to pay whoever can give me the fix. I just want to play Dayz standalone before I blow my brains out trying to fix this stupid black screen.

Specs-

Model: Aspire M3450

CPU: AMD FX ™-8120 Eight-Core Processor 2.10 GHz

Ram: 6.00 GB

Stystem: Microsoft 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS

GPU: GeForce 8800 GTX ( I know -_-, However I can still run arma 3, arma 2 OA, BF4 on High settings)

Resolution 1280 x 768, 60 Hz

Driver Version: 331.82

Wait For Host

For whatever reason, last night at some point whenever I try to join a server the game locks up at Wait For Host. I have to ctrl-alt-delete to close it down. I've tried high pop servers, low pop servers, high ping, low ping, servers I know I've played on before. Nothing.

I do notice that my character on the title screen is slightly older, which isn't that uncommon after making a new character, but I'm wondering if there's some sort of sync issue preventing me from loading into a server.

EDIT: Now I'm constantly getting Confirmation of Changes: Connecting Failed while trying to join a server. Any server.

Edited by PoweredBySoy

When I connected to server I see "Please wait..." black screen and after a few minutes I have a "Connection with host has been lost". I tried to join to another servers but I have same problem. How I can fix that?

Sorry for my bad English, I'm russian :D

Edited by Fasta

Got a BSOD when trying to browse server list?

:unsure: 

Dont need this kind of stress in my life.. the windows auto repair tool is like waiting for your only son to get out of surgery.

Going to try again anyways.. checking back soon.

EDIT UPDATE:

I get an error about a dayz cfg file and also slapped with two more BSODs

I have 16gb RAM and an Nvida 760 which has up to date drivers. Running windows 7 ultimate x64

Is the bsod a common problem?

EDIT 2: 

I was trying to play another game and got more BSOD's I noticed my CPU was idling at 100%. uninstalled DayZ Standalone and restarted. CPU is idling at 2% 

Looks like I'll have to wait. I'll reinstall tonight and try again in the morning. Dont think there was any permanent damage to my hardware/software.

Edit 3:

Redownloaded and installed, still getting error on start up "no entry 'c:\users\jeff\documents\DayZ\DAyz.cfg.3d_performance'"

Still got a BSOD minutes after entering the game.

EDIT 4:

Got more BSODs while trying other games, skyrim, League of Legends, DayZ, doesnt matter. BSOD's after a few minutes of play, have uninstalled and I guess ill have to wait to try DayZ

Update your computer drivers.

What the hell is going on with the Permanent "weapon change" bug animation people see when you take out your compass? My bullets don't even register on other players because somebody might see me doing that animation where I see myself aiming normally. Instead the game throws off my shots because it thinks that my gun is on my back.

Is it true that changing your server erases your current character? Seems I was changing freely last night with no problems, but lost two characters this morning from attempting to switch. Also, if I have to stay in my current server, how do I check the name of it so that I can share it with my mate? I'm afraid to even click the "Change Server" button now.

When you leave a server and re-spawn in a new server. Your character should be exactly the same and with all of the equipment you had in exactly the same point on the map....

However, occasionally you re-spawn at the beach with nothing.  This is a glitch that happens every now and then.  Simply close the game down completely and then restart it. You should re-spawn with everything back.

When you leave a server and re-spawn in a new server. Your character should be exactly the same and with all of the equipment you had in exactly the same point on the map....

However, occasionally you re-spawn at the beach with nothing.  This is a glitch that happens every now and then.  Simply close the game down completely and then restart it. You should re-spawn with everything back.

Okay good to hear, it's been working as it's supposed to over the last hour or so. I'll try what you say if I encounter it again.

Got an ACOG sight from a dead body today.
Its condition was pristine.

But when I try to aim through it the character sort of looks just beneath the sight, making it impossible to see anything.
What should I do?

There is negative mouse acceleration of the x-axis and not the y-axis, for no reason. For the uninitiated this means that when you move the mouse slowly along the x-axis it moves fine but the faster you move the mouse the slower the actual speed of it in-game, while the y-axis is just fine. Also please don't give me the 'its a game feature' bullshit because clearly if it was a feature moving it slow would produce the same intended handicap and moving the character in any direction would not lessen the issue by at least 2 times, this is a straight up bug and its making the game borderline unplayable. The mouse control is as if I'm flying a helicopter not controlling a human being. Also if this was indeed just a completely failed attempt at restricting character movement then the correct way of doing this would be to do it as if the player is driving a tank, helicopter or mecha in other games, to have 2 points displayed for the cursor, one completely 1:1 mouse input to identify where the player intends to be at and the other to show where the character is at the moment moving autonomously to reach the first pointer, that would at least lessen the completely messed up feel of mouse control we have at the moment. 

Edited by Mookzen

Again, having issues with my character not being able to interact with anything, Just have receiving on items i right click on, cant open doors or pick items up, have to leave server and rejoin for it to update my character, but still cant interact with anything. Everyone shows as 0 ping, and apparently I show as loading on the player list. It also seems to effect players close to me, my friends also loose the ability to open doors or interact with items when im close to them. Only thing ive found to fix it is to kill the character, reset it and re-spawn. Unfortunately, im now locked in a building without any means of killing myself or having someone kill me, This is about the 4th time this has happened to me. 

I've re installed the game twice, and deleted any folders relating to Dayz, nothing.

Really need a hand with this, cant do anything, cant play at all.