boneboys

TEMPORARY TROUBLESHOOTING TOPIC

I keep freezing when I play the game. I think it depends on the server I play on.

My specs are:

i5-3750k 4 cores @ 3.4GHz

8GB RAM

HD 7850 1 GB

I have everything set to Normal.

i just had my steam update my game and now im geting "bad version server rejected conection" and i see ppl playing, no clue in what to do

i just had my steam update my game and now im geting "bad version server rejected conection" and i see ppl playing, no clue in what to do

I'm having this too. I have tried verifying my cache but to no avail. Any Devs have a suggestion?

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes

Okay, I can be attacked by other players but that wont cause bleeding at all (fist fight) but zombies still do every god damn time they hit me which is extreamly annoying, so are anyone else experiensing this problem?

And also what has caused me to die more than it should is starvation. I have my backpack full of cans (sardines, beans and pasta) but I cant open them because I dont have can opener and thoose are pretty damn rare since most of buildings has allready been stripped clean of suplies. So I would like to see option where you could use axe or hammer to break canned food open, ofcourse spoiling some food in proccess like 50% of that food would be spoiled.

It just feels so wrong when I can go medival on players with axes to live another day but if its can of beans, you dead man, you dead.

Also filling water botle from well dont seem to be working at the moment.

You can use an axe to open up cans.  You can also use a screwdriver I believe.  However, this comes at a cost!  You will only have 50% or 75% left of the item if you open with either of these two.

I'm having this too. I have tried verifying my cache but to no avail. Any Devs have a suggestion?

The update "should have" marked the servers that aren't the correct version on your server list.  

I would try this out and give you a more definitive answers, but I'm at work.  For example though, DayZ commander would tell you if you had a bad version by dimming or making the font dark gray where as the current version that you can play would have a white font and be brighter.

1.) in some buildings (store) if you drop stuff there it disappear's guess it goes to the ground

2.) Sometimes if you swap clothing /bagpacks the whole item disappear's with all the stuff in it

1. It takes a while to appear.  Sometimes 1 to 2 minutes.  When you drop the item, if it doesn't appear right away, just wait... it will.

2. Hm, never really had this issue.  Normally I transfer my stuff to the item I'm going to pick up, then I pick it up.  However, I have swapped clothes with items on it and all that happens is the item from the floor gets equipped and the item that I was wearing with the stuff just ends up on the floor with the gear on it.  

The update "should have" marked the servers that aren't the correct version on your server list.  

I would try this out and give you a more definitive answers, but I'm at work.  For example though, DayZ commander would tell you if you had a bad version by dimming or making the font dark gray where as the current version that you can play would have a white font and be brighter.

So I can use DayZ commander on the Standalone or am I'm in the wrong forum?

So I can use DayZ commander on the Standalone or am I'm in the wrong forum?

Not with the SA.  I was giving an example of how it MIGHT look.  Since I'm at work and I cannot log in to help you with your issue.

Edited by twinturbonet

Hey lads, I've just bought the game but am unable to launch it due to a GPU related issue: the game won't start when using my HD7970M gpu. For those familiar with ati products, if I assign Dayz.exe to "power saving" option in the Cataclyst Control Center the game works using my built in Intel HD 4000 gpu (with really low fps, obviously the game is not playable with this gpu). But when I assign it to "high performance" option thus forcing the game to use my ATI gpu, the game doesn't launch with the regular "Dayz has stopped working" error. 

Specs:

3630QM i7 CPU @ 2.4 GHz

16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz SODIMM Kingston RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7970M GPU

Windows 8.1 64bit OS

So long story short, how do I start the game with my real gpu without it crashing?

Some reports in a quick description

1)Loot is scarce as my character died of dehydration and also basic loot like food or drinks arent much around,any chance of upping this a bit?

2)zombies passing through fences and sometimes when they enter a house half of their body is below of the floor

3)quick burn of food,ate food fully and took like 10 mins or less to become hungry as well

Graphics part on my side is fine no glitching and no fps drop *high res*

when i do more play i will find more to reporty

I can't find a place to put a bug report because the bug report forum keeps rejecting my login, even though I've checked it several times now. There doesn't seem to be a support forum for the forums themselves, so I'm posting this issue and my bug report here.

I had an issue where on the launch build I was fighting zombies in the new apartments of Chernogorsk with my friend. I had an M4A1 with a lot of attachments, and right after I killed one of the zombies all my attachments disappeared, as well as my magazine. Not only that, but all my spare magazines, in my inventory, disappeared as well. This hasn't been addressed by Rocket in patch-notes so I'm assuming the offending code (or maybe a server glitch? Pretty weird to delete certain items in a very specific way) has not been found/changed.

If anyone could possibly post this for me, or help me get into the bug report forum, it'd be highly appreciated.

I can't find a place to put a bug report because the bug report forum keeps rejecting my login, even though I've checked it several times now. There doesn't seem to be a support forum for the forums themselves, so I'm posting this issue and my bug report here.

I keep getting that same error. Do I need to create another profile/login in order to access the bug reports? I don't want to waste the developer's time by reporting bugs that may have already been reported or acknowleged. Gonna hold off on reporting until we get a more concrete answer on this. Most, if not all, of the bugs I'd like to report have been covered already in this thread but I'd rather not sift through 10+ pages of comments.

I keep getting that same error. Do I need to create another profile/login in order to access the bug reports? I don't want to waste the developer's time by reporting bugs that may have already been reported or acknowleged. Gonna hold off on reporting until we get a more concrete answer on this. Most, if not all, of the bugs I'd like to report have been covered already in this thread but I'd rather not sift through 10+ pages of comments.

Well, I've never heard of this bug, and I do quite a bit of reading on DayZ. Really wish there was a place I could post this, or I could get some form of help.

I have a weird and f***ing annoying problem.

Yesterday, I had downloaded 2GB out of the 5GB for the game

today when i fired up steam, it started all the way from zero,

Why the hell has this happened????

Is it because its getting a new patch almost everyday???, If it is, that's f***ing dumb

Waste of my time and broadband

1.  When I die (or go unconscious and click respawn), I have to logout and reconnect, else I get a black screen that says you are dead.

2.  Also, prior to a scheduled server restart, I was on a floor of a building that was maybe 8 steps up to the main floor,  when the server restarted I was morphed down into the foundation, it looked to be clear area, but I could run inside the limits of the room (above me) and no further. I had a zombie with me, that didn't attack me, and anytime I tried to punch the zombie, chunks of cobble would fly.  eventually I starved/dehydrated  (3 hours later)  (potential fix in the meantime always have the respawn option available)

I had a backpack and several other items, then went into an empty house and exited the game. Then I joined a server with only 2 people in it and was kicked as soon as I connected. When I went to connect to another server after that, everything was gone and I started back at the shore.

:(

Not sure if it's a bug, or if those people who kicked me took my stuff, but just wanted to mention it here.

Me and my friend that live together cant connect to any server together is that because of an issue with our isp or is anyone else having this problem. I can however connect to a friend of mine on steam just fine. If there is a way to fix this issue or is that something the dev's have to work on from their server end? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

The biggest problems at the moment seem to be:

1. Incredibly weak melee weapons against zombies. I never felt powerful wielding a (supposedly) deadly weapon such as an axe against a zombie. Takes about 10 hits before it goes down even when I'm in 1st person and aiming for its head. I've always thought melee in an elder scrolls game was bad, but this game has set a new standard for incredibly poor/unsatisfying melee combat.

2. When escaping from a zombie, eliminating line of sight no longer works. (Unless a new 'smell' mechanic has been added to zombie path-finding.)

Existing problems in the mod that haven't been fixed:

1. Low FPS in towns/cities.

2. Poor/clunky controls.

3. Zombies going through walls.

I thought one of the main purposes of making a standalone was to get rid of the glaring bugs in the mod? The only thing I see improved is less hacking - at the moment at least. Other gameplay mechanics and the overhauled inventory systems are welcome additions, but I really feel they should prioritize fixing the bugs that have plagued the mod first before experimenting with new gameplay mechanics.

Edited by tingkagol

- Incredibly weak melee weapons against zombies. I never felt powerful wielding a (supposedly) deadly weapon such as an axe against a zombie. Takes about 10 hits before it goes down even when I'm in 1st person and aiming for its head. I've always thought melee in an elder scrolls game was bad, but this game has set a new standard for incredibly poor/unsatisfying melee combat.

Weird, because I haven't had this problem. I have the Firefighter Axe and it usually takes 1-2 swings and their down for good. My buddy that I run with has a regular axe and it's the same for him too. I don't aim for the head, I just aim for the neck/torso area.

will there be a hotfix for the disappearing bodies?

either you die and lose everything or you kill the other sunofabitch and don't gain anything, it screws up the whole experience

If your vision goes blurry. Like you suddenly had all your blur effects in use. Just go to settings and click video tab and you have your sharp image back. I remember that this bug was already in arma 2 at some point.

First i thought blurrynes was an effect because i was sick or someting. (or maybe it is?) Anyway that helps.

Can't login or register to feedback tracker.

edit. works now.

Edited by Seitan

I have a weird and f***ing annoying problem.

Yesterday, I had downloaded 2GB out of the 5GB for the game

today when i fired up steam, it started all the way from zero,

Why the hell has this happened????

Is it because its getting a new patch almost everyday???, If it is, that's f***ing dumb

Waste of my time and broadband

Had that experience too, in my case I just paused the download for a while but when I resumed it, it started from zero.

I did not touch the download again and just waited for it to finish completely.

Edited by tingkagol