boneboys

TEMPORARY TROUBLESHOOTING TOPIC

My friend witnessed a man leap off the Chernogorsk industrial building.  He lived with no blood loss, nor broken bones and promptly climbed up to my friends position to kill him with a shovel.

Any ideas on why this man lived when he clearly should've been killed by the high fall?

Cheers,

~Leo

Edited by Leo Leonardo III

There appears to be no difference in sound when adding a silencer to the M4.  

I'm having a lot of trouble changing weapons. Most of the time when I hit the hotkey my character does nothing, so I have to hit it a few more times.

Also, I noticed that sometimes when switching to my melee weapon my character stops moving entirely while switching and zombies hit me.

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but ive been playing since yesterday, EVERYTIME  i log out, or get discon'd, kick etc,  I come back as a new spawn.... Ive tried to go to my  history servers, but still im always a new spawn...  I tried to look this up, but maybe im looking wrong place.

Can any1 please let me know if this is common or  is it just me?

Thank You!

I'm having a lot of trouble changing weapons. Most of the time when I hit the hotkey my character does nothing, so I have to hit it a few more times.

Also, I noticed that sometimes when switching to my melee weapon my character stops moving entirely while switching and zombies hit me.

Yea, this happens to me too.  I notice you have to hit the hotkey twice.  Today every time I hit the hotkey to pull out my axe, my character pulls the axe out and holsters it again.  That gets kind of annoying.  lol

There appears to be no difference in sound when adding a silencer to the M4.  

For real.  And if there is, it's very little.  I expected a much more silent shot when I used it.

My friend witnessed a man leap off the Chernogorsk industrial building.  He lived with no blood loss, nor broken bones and promptly climbed up to my friends position to kill him with a shovel.

Any ideas on why this man lived when he clearly should've been killed by the high fall?

Cheers,

~Leo

Bug.  I've fallen off a 2 story building and died instantly.

I think the ladder-leg-breaking bug happened to me, I climbed a ladder, from bottom to top, then arrive with my knee bones shattered to a million pieces. Etherimp's theory (on page6) seems to coincide with this experience, as I was on a more lagging server.

Fun-Fact - I reconnected into a different server to undo the damage...and got my character reset! Least it notified me this time...

><

Friend has an issue where she can send data but not receive new data while in a server. She can drop items for other players, but they do not leave her inventory until she logs out. She can not use items, and the message of "receiving" is always there. She can't see other players move or items being dropped.

Player data is only updating upon entering and leaving servers. Others can see her move.

Awesome game. Love it so far. Only thing is I can't play at night really unless it's in forest or fields without buildings.

This is what happens when I get near buildings and props

I have a sapphire 7850 2gb OC with the latest drivers

If this is been covered I apologize

2qx6ges.png

I logged out on that wrecked ship north or berenzino, now the room i am in has a door on it i can't open...i trapped in a small steel room with 2 portholes looking out over the ocean, this is going to be a horrible death. If you know of a way i can fix this let me know.

OMG i got out thank god, just kind of zapped through the wall while crying and jumping and running desperately

Edited by rayker
  • Like 1

Game won't even launch. Was working yesterday. I've reinstalled, restarted computer, reinstalled to a different HD, validated integrity of game cache, everything I can think of. 

I don't have ATOC in my Graphic options. Is this normal? Other friends do have this. 

I just want to point out a problem about performance in Dayz Standalone on this components: AMD 6970 2 gb, 6 gb ram 1666mhz, Intel i7 960 3.2ghz. I have really low fps on medium-low settings in a city(anywhere or anyplace with buildings), i had much more fps in the Dayzmod. 

When i get in a city(Cherno, Elektro) the game becomes almost unplayable, if i look at the ground i get very smooth fps but when i look up for a bit the game laggs and starts stuttering.

Otherwise the game is very playable when i'm nature.

But anyway, i love what you guys did with the standalone and keep up the great work, even though i'm having this problems i'm having a lot of fun!

I don't have ATOC in my Graphic options. Is this normal? Other friends do have this. 

Normal if you have Anti-Aliasing disabled.  If you put AA on low, the ATOC option should appear.

Me and a friend have the issue of not being able to do anything with out characters, regardless of server. We join, we spawn, we can access inventory but not alter it, we cant draw guns, we cant see each other, and everyone on the server shows as 0 ping. Zombies also dont attack us.  Any ideas?

I have 80 meg down and 20 up internet, my friends is slower but similar, no issues with any of our connections.

Edited by McDoogle9505

I just want to point out a problem about performance in Dayz Standalone on this components: AMD 6970 2 gb, 6 gb ram 1666mhz, Intel i7 960 3.2ghz. I have really low fps on medium-low settings in a city(anywhere or anyplace with buildings), i had much more fps in the Dayzmod. 

When i get in a city(Cherno, Elektro) the game becomes almost unplayable, if i look at the ground i get very smooth fps but when i look up for a bit the game laggs and starts stuttering.

Otherwise the game is very playable when i'm nature.

But anyway, i love what you guys did with the standalone and keep up the great work, even though i'm having this problems i'm having a lot of fun!

I was trying to find the other guide I've seen, but couldn't.  This will do though... try it.  IF you do launchoptions, do not use -world=empty with the stand alone, its unreliable. 

http://dayzhero.blogspot.com/2013/05/dayz-tweaks-guide-how-to-fix-your-fps.html

Also try downloading Razer's Gamebooster and or MSI Afterburner.  These might help as well.

then they should implement a timer that u can check at any time to see the server restart , and it should be optimized for each server

:P

Already implemented: If you don't see any Z's at the airfield, it means that players have already been through there. And they ain't gonna leave you any fat loots now, are they?

Game won't even launch. Was working yesterday. I've reinstalled, restarted computer, reinstalled to a different HD, validated integrity of game cache, everything I can think of. 

Go to your /Documents folder and delete the 'DayZ' and 'DayZ Other Profiles' folders. This will clear out any bad settings in either the game settings or characters saved data.

This won't touch any game critical stuff (that's all in your Steam directories), but the game will recreate these things on next start as if running the game for the first time.

Update to my problem where the game isn't launching: It's launching as a background process, then after 10 seconds, crashes.

Definately sounds like a settings issue. Delete the two mentioned folders and let the game rebuild them. You'll have to readjust all your settings again if you are using anything except default.

[NOTE: For everyone, since your inventory is stored in the hive, you won't lose anything by deleting these folders.]

Edited by DJPorterNZ

Does this not work with LAN parties?

My lady and I are trying to play together, every time i join a game and she tries, it says connection failed.Then when i leave and she joins it lets her in. Then i can't join..?

I cant even install direct x, it just stops after saying 'Configuring direct x' and ends the task. looked at my DXerror log and here is the error

[12/26/13 22:49:49] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 1272, function: CabCallback

Failed API:  DeleteFile()
    Error:  (5) - Access is denied.

Unable to delete C:\Users\Billy\AppData\Local\Temp\DXE2C0.tmp\d3dx9_36.dll.

any help?

Edited by BillyD767

Does this not work with LAN parties?

My lady and I are trying to play together, every time i join a game and she tries, it says connection failed. Then when i leave and she joins it lets her in. Then i can't join..?

Seems to be the way of it ATM. Servers are checking IP address and only allowing connection of one client per address. Only work around that I've been able to use is to have one client 'hijack' the neighbours wifi connection (with their permission, of course!).

Otherwise it's one client, one server. They need to fix this ASAP.